Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird circles emanating from Sims

So I'm getting these weird circles emanating from my Sims. They remind me of what we get when lot traits are being activated, but they come from lower in the body. I'm not sure if it's a mod issue, a new feature to show when a Sim is talking or inspired or something, or just a weird glitch. Has anyone else experienced this?

51110883678_3e779c111c_c.jpg

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    Do you have StrangerVille? If you do, your sim may be bugged by another sim, so they can listen on them secretly.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited April 2021
    @EgonVM Interesting idea! Thank you! They actually have the listening device in their house, although all three were together and none of them were using it at the time.

Edit: Yep, that was it! All three were created from Erwin Pries, who apparently comes bugged. Thank you so much for solving the mystery!
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Do you have StrangerVille? If you do, your sim may be bugged by another sim, so they can listen on them secretly.

Wait.... what??? I have that pack but have never touched the “story” lol they don’t do this all the time do they?? Lol omg

—T
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    To7m wrote: »
    EgonVM wrote: »

Wait.... what??? I have that pack but have never touched the “story” lol they don’t do this all the time do they?? Lol omg

—T

Well...not sure I haven't used it in a while but I don't think NPC's do that, but sims in the househld might if the spying station thing is in the lot. Back when the pack came out though, it was bugged and the effect would never go away, I wonder if they fixed that.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Erwin from Strangerville has a special hidden trait that causes that. You have to remove the trait to get rid of it. You can do a google search to find it. Other sims will only have that if your sim plants a bug on them. Then they can use the station to listen in on them and the bug will go away.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Lol poor guy. I knew this happened to him.. but forgot about it until this thread.. but now I want to play that sim and move him into a household. Thanks for giving me the idea!
    So wait, are these his children?
    egTcBMc.png
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited April 2021
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Lol poor guy. I knew this happened to him.. but forgot about it until this thread.. but now I want to play that sim and move him into a household. Thanks for giving me the idea!
    So wait, are these his children?

No, I'm playing him and his brothers, but I created his brothers by downloading him three times, so they're really his clones. :)

I didn't give one of the three brothers the paranoid trait, but now I think I'll have to. :)