Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

add on kits? Are they worth buying?

CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
anyone with these kits ?? can you tell me if they are worth buying? and do they add that much to the game? thank you for any answers

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited April 2021
    Kits are a what you see is what you get type of deal much like stuff packs.

There's only one pack that is gameplay related and the other two are just for looks and aesthetic. The country style kitchen is very nice and really fits well with a lot of builds for Bridelton Bay or just making a pretty rustic kitchen if you're into the style. Really just like that worn look to counters and cabinets. I really like the oven and fridge.

Fit kit one is just clothes for your sims reimagined for the 90s in fit wear. If you care for it. Very colorful and definitely give a particular style they do fit in well enough to not just be athletic wear as well. I like the polo dress in it as well as a the bucket hat and sneakers that I'll use a lot with sims. Wish things were evened out for male sims, but that's usually a staple these days but I did like the pieces they got.

They've tuned the dust the bust kit, so dust isn't accumulating so much and dust bunnies aren't giving you oodles of money.

It's interesting seeing sims have another means of cleaning from handheld vacuums to your more traditional one. I do like that dirt can accumulate in homes and floors get dirty over time. Sims tend to put the vacuum in their inventory though. I'd usually have a extra one in a closet space for just looks for the most part. Only thing I find to be annoying is that the buff when the home is pristine to be overly strong for a confident mood buff. That and it doesn't just effect residential lots. :#
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Kits are a what you see is what you get type of deal much like stuff packs.

There's only one pack that is gameplay related and the other two are just for looks and aesthetic. The country style kitchen is very nice and really fits well with a lot of builds for Bridelton Bay or just making a pretty rustic kitchen if you're into the style. Really just like that worn look to counters and cabinets. I really like the oven and fridge.

Fit kit one is just clothes for your sims reimagined for the 80s in fit wear. If you care for it. Very colorful and definitely give a particular style they do fit in well enough to not just be athletic wear as well. I like the polo dress in it as well as a the bucket hat and sneakers that I'll use a lot with sims. Wish things were evened out for male sims, but that's usually a staple these days but I did like the pieces they got.

They've tuned the dust the bust kit, so dust isn't accumulating so much and dust bunnies aren't giving you oodles of money.

It's interesting seeing sims have another means of cleaning from handheld vacuums to your more traditional one. I do like that dirt can accumulate in homes and floors get dirty over time. Sims tend to put the vacuum in their inventory though. I'd usually have a extra one in a closet space for just looks for the most part. Only thing I find to be annoying is that the buff when the home is pristine to be overly strong for a confident mood buff. That and it doesn't just effect residential lots. :#

90's.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    Thank you I just bought the dust kit
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Kits are worth it no matter what. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I was a fan of Bust The Dust but I'm tired of it now. It's still broken as far as I'm concerned.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Some will like them and others like myself find it a waste. On paper it looked good but they could of done more. The Dust kit will get old real quick and it has issues. Kitchen kit is good for those that want more kitchen counters and basic appliances. Last is the 90's clothes it for those that like to play dress up with your Sims.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited April 2021
    I only bought Dust the Bust. As much as i like to furnish and dress up, i just can't justify the 5€ expense when i have almost all dlc, so i have so much furniture and clothes... well, maybe it's because there isn't any item i really really love.

Bust the Dust is very unbalanced imo, i use a handfull of mods to tune it to my liking. That being said, i do love it. I just can't remember how i played in always perfect homes, without getting used (i love the homey and human feeling of a used house :) )
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Ya know, the one kit I didn't think I would like was the 90s workout clothes, but there's a pair of shoes in that kit that are just awesome. I find myself picking them for everyone. I need recolors so it doesn't look like everyone is wearing the same sneakers. lol

The bust the dust was a good idea with poor execution. If you want free stuff and money constantly, then that's the pack for you. If you want your sims to whip out a vacuum and clean all the community lots, then that's the pack for you. I have regrets with that pack. I like the idea of dusting, but I wish they would change the tuning so that my sims aren't cleaning everything all the time. I find it really annoying that my sims in restaurants, not only do the dishes, but now they vacuum as well. :D
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    Thank you I just bought the dust kit

I do hope you enjoy it. Let us know. 🙂
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    I am enjoying the Bust the Dust kit very much. Especially since it got tuned a bit. It's nice to have my Homemaker Mom have a few things to do when her hubby and five kids are off for most of the day. She putters around, does laundry on her own, gardens, and runs the vacuum cleaner. Next thing, the family are all back. Helps that Dad is in the Education Career, too. They all get home about the same time.

kE21b45.jpg
    My young Global Superstar isn't above doing chores, either
    YfrLmXj.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    The dust kit is well worth it. You get an added layer of challenge, and I'm really enjoying seeing the silly situations my Sims get into with their vacuums.

In my opinion, the other two are only worth it if you have some extra money lying around that you would have just spent on a mobile game or some candy or something else nonessential. It's fun to buy something new, but it doesn't really change your game. There is no new gameplay at all. If you do a lot of building or create a lot of Sims in CAS, then you might really appreciate them. I don't regret buying them, but I'm really glad they were not more than $5 each.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I see the potential with kits in the future.

I own all 3 current ones now.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    What you see on the adverts is what you get, if that interests you then go for it, if it doesn't then it's not worth it.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I like them. They are purely extras. Bust the dust is over-tuned at the moment so in some houses I turn the effects off (like busy houses with six people and no maid so I don't have to add vacuuming or risk fire), then turn it back on in others (sims that are slobs for example or mean sims to torture them with cute cust bunnies). The effects are similar to the laundry day effects if you have that pack. The kitchen is my very favorite. It's so nice. But I do use the 90s wear a lot too.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    i only have the bust the dust kit and it is really fun! sims are always cleaning and vaccumming. I love the sound of it too! i'm not sure about the others but one is clothes and the other is for kitchens. honestly, if you have money lying around go for all of them!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • AntwerpoAntwerpo Posts: 90 Member
    Hate them! Way too expensive. 8 kits cost as much as an expansion pack. 8 kits will never give you as much content as an expansion pack. 8 Kits don't even get you the content of a stuff pack and that costs only 2 kits.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I liked and still like Bust the Dust before and after tuning and Country Kitchen. The clothing pack is good also to me especially since they have neutral colors in there as well as the flamboyant colors... that one is more niche and I could have lived without it, but it adds to my sims possible wardrobes.
    I have a feeling I'll be a pretty big fan of any gameplay kit basically. Other types.. I'm sure I'll use but probably won't need as much unless it hits a niche I want and don't want to get cc for.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    No really to me. They don't look like they were thoughtfully made or like they required so much work, time and staff to justify the price of 5$ per copy to me. I feel like If I bought them I'd be rewarding a half-baked product. They are capable of much more.

So unless one of them has the content of your dreams I wouldn't purchase any but that's your choice to make.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    The Country Kitchen set is nice but it added no extra interactions or gameplay. A bit over priced. The Dust Bunnie set ruined the game for me. Alla my sims want to do is vacuum and my sims are drowning in Dust Bunnies. I uninstalled it. The 90's Gym Clothes I haven't bought. Not my style.
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited April 2021
    @CrazyboutTheSims

I love the kitchen kit and the quirky clothes but the dust kit drove me insane at first however I think they have sorted it now with an update but not sure as I have it turned off and only play it with my extreme slob household which is worth having for that. I will sort of buy any content as I have been this way across series as I am believer that no amount of content to play with is too much lol :)

As other players have indicated though I long for more added interactions and functional gameplay :)
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    The bust the dust was a good idea with poor execution.

So sad because I would have loved to have a cleaning add-on but then they give us this nonsense. I won't be buying it.

BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    @simgirl1010 Thanks for providing the link to Carl's video. I hadn't yet seen it. I'll have to see if any of that is going on in my game. I've yet to have an adult wet themselves — certainly not like the way it was illustrated. I do get small random bits of money, but not always a dust bunny.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    NO!!!! MICROTRANSACTIONS WITH A CUTE NAME
    (Anyone who doesn't like me saying that should just block me. I will not stop saying it)