Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So many premade households!! Which ones do you delete with no regrets? 😅

Comments

• ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Why delete what you can hilariously kill?

More recently though, I've just been going into CAS and editing them into more interesting NPCs (the ones that aren't irredeemable anyway; mean, evil, or kleptomaniac sims still get the pool. Or the summer heat. Or the winter cold. Or instantly aged up to elders and then woohoo'd to death.) Giving them a makeover, new wardrobe, making them look more human and less...whatever missing link Sims occupy...
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited April 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    Baby Ariel
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited April 2021
    I deleted most of them before I knew that they were premades and not just townies. I do still have some premade families, though, including all the Realm of Magic Sims, the Vatores, Vlad, the Goths, and the Fengs.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I don't delete premade Sims, I usually never play them, though.
    I usually keep them, because it gives my Sims someone to socialize with. I also sometimes have my Sims marry premades, I have one Sim currently married to Caleb, and they have two daughters. One daughter was made in edit mode, and one was born in-game.
    Overall, I just ignore them and let them be, I just let them die of old age.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    edited April 2021
    I keep most of my premades. I think I booted everyone in the base game out of houses except, the Goths, Landgrabbs, Lewis-Kim, Pancakes, and Callientes. Not sure if any are a really deleted. I made my own single sims, and actually kept a couple of townie families snd gave them homes, along with a few single sims from the gallery. Most of the get together families are still in my game, but there are only a few I actually play, like Candy ( who dates one of my sims, and Rocco (my DJ) dates Jeong (get famous).also Jade is a minor sim I play along with Sergio’s roommate who I plan to make a lawyer. I have not gotten close to many other pack families. Though I haven’t booted many out of houses, I have some single sims combined in one household from get together that I don’t play, although there is one I’m going to make a paranormal sim. In city living, I liked the Jang household and the Beheedas. I play them.
    In Strangerville, I play the family with the little girl, gave them a new house. I haven’t played any other sims from Vampire pack (except Valtores briefly), or spellcasters pack. I play none from the cats and dogs pack, none from the Sulani pack, but I would like to find the mermaid from the trailer to date a sim I play. I haven’t played any from snowy escape. And haven’t played any from Echo living yet, though the two females with the adopted son I want to play. But, I find it hard to actually delete premade sims.... lol.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    All of them. I couldn't even tell you anything about who is in this game.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Wow, good question.....but alas, I have a bad memory as to which households I've deleted lol I'll try, though. BFF, Johnny Zest, every household in Brindleton Bay, Britechester, Evergreen Harbor, and Mt Komorebi. They just weren't very interesting to me
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I've stopped deleting pre-mades and started just evicting them instead, so I still have the chance to see them around my worlds and interact with them, but I can use their lots for other purposes if I need them. I don't end of evicting all of them, but I've found its a nice way to keep them around if I ever want them but still have freedom to edit my worlds more
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    All of them except Mount Komorebi premades.

I've been seeing the majority of them for years. I can't stand to look at them anymore. 😂
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited April 2021
    I started a new Save and deleted all the premades in the Sims family folder and blow me down etc., on going into the game found several new ones had moved in! You cannot win sometimes. They all get evicted and deleted and I turn off the option off for a bit to regain my control back! :o:#
  • MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    I delete everyone (and all the houses) except Don and the Calientes, The Pancakes, The Goths and Johnny Zest from Oasis springs and Willow Creek. This is where I like to build.
    I leave residents in Smallville, Glimmerbrook and Forgotten hollow because I never play them (not really into witches, vampires and zombies)
    I clear out Windenburg of houses and premades and change some of the lots around
    I only leave the Heckings and the cat lady (Lynx?) in Brindleton Bay. Get rid of all the houses too.
    San Myshuno and Sulani I have left premades as they are although I do move some of the families around and put in my own lots.
    Mt Kororebi, Britechester, Del Sol Valley and Evergreen Harbour I leave alone because i haven't played all of the families/lots yet.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    edited April 2021
    In my first save, i didn't play any of the premades, and played my first household. in my second save, i played the caliantes, and i want to send Nina to college! in my third save, i played the goths, and i made don and had him marry cassandra!
    so in essence, i play some of the premades, so i don;t delete them at all. maybe if i start building perhaps!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    So far I've only had to remove 2 lots, and that was in Willow Creek, all the rest have been free lots.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    I don't delete them but I very often forget the BFFs and Roomies exist. I even downloaded some awesome alpha content makeovers for Summer and Liberty and they just never show up anywhere.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I usually just let MCCC mix and match them add babies, change houses etc as it sees fit. On occasion, I will have one join a sim family I am playing. After a generation or two my unplayed Sims are so freaking mixed up with baby mommas and daddys it's crazy. I really should take a photo of some of the family trees lol. I swear none of my sims stay with the same sim over their life time
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • hrfhrf Posts: 3 New Member
    For any character you might like but find the traits annoying, just change them. Walla, you now have a new favorite character.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 954 Member
    None, but some I didn't play, suddenly left without a trace.
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    99% of them :D I have around 260 sims in my current save and they are all mine - pcs and npcs XD
    I only kept Agatha and Agnes Crumblebottom, but I gave them makeovers, so they fitted better with my other sims.
    I do like the Goths, in some other saved game I would let them exist :)
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I play with most Premades. But I deleted all from Sulani. I kept Sterling-Rico and the Harris family from the Eco pack but deleted the other families. (I like lesbian couples, but those were really generic. So I’m happy to make my own. I deleted the Realm of Magic households. (They’re too boring)
  • BowtrucklerBowtruckler Posts: 16 Member
    I don't delete any of the premades, they are all part of our Sims Heritage, and I really enjoy just seeing them out and about. Plus when I recognise them, it makes me look them up and they've all got a lot of great history behind them. What I find fascinating is that some premades I see wandering around all the time, and others I never see. It all gives me inspiration for roleplay.
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Wow I've just got to know that there are aprox 70 premade households in the game already! I remember counting around 50, but i think it was before snowy escape and JtB (i'm not sure if this one brings any premades).

Really impressive, but at the same time it made me think that i should delete some of the least interesting ones. I have been playing in rotation with the premades but I don't play all of them. I simply can't focus in so many households... i find this amount overwhelming, but i want a large rotation anyway... so i'ld delete just a bunch of them, like 5 to 10 households...

Which are, in your opinion, the least interesting premade households? I mean, those that you would delete with no regrets in a fresh new save? 😅

I wouldn't delete any of them. The premades for me are a way to introduce new families to MY game. I never play as the Goth's, Landgraabsm, or any other household anyway.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited February 2022
    I love playing with pre-mades; however, the population in my game is getting bigger and I had to delete/evict some of them:

Pancakes BG
    Hecking C&D
    Charms RoM
    Spencer-Kim-Lewis BG
    Harris EL
    Straud V
    Electic Arts SV
    Rasoya CL
    Elderberry DU
    Khang (?) CoL
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited February 2022
    I replace all premade households that have been placed in homes or apartments. The only exceptions are Vlad and Caleb. I also don't delete L. Faba, Morgyn, or Simeon so I don't glitch them. I use MCC to copy and paste edited models of them that I have in My Library. I do the same thing with Salim.

Windenburg pre-made households are the exception to blanket deletion because they're tied to clubs. It takes a bit longer to replace them but it's worth it to me so I can fix their fake skills, balance their traits, and make any other necessary changes. Like why is Morgan with the Good trait in the Renegades club? And why is she a Teen? In my game, she's not "good" and she's not a teen anymore. How many creative females do I need? How many "good" or "cheerful" or "romantic" Sims do I need? Music Lover and Loves Outdoors are two other traits that are over-used with premades.

It's also worth spending time replacing Windenburg premades because when they're all deleted at once the game creates replacement clubs whether you want them or not. If that's not bad enough the game also picks a leader for each club. In one game Father Winter was the head of a Diving Club and Vlad was the leader of a Video Gaming club even though he doesn't own any electronics.

Do I have any regrets about replacing premade households? Nope. I don't like how traits and skills were handed out so my replacements fix that. Plus, there are some premade households that I just don't like (Partihaus) or who I have found serve no purpose (Behr, Bro, Free Spirits) so they get the axe sooner rather than later.

ETA: I forgot about Erwin. In one game he became the leader of a Comedy Club. Geez.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I don't replace or remove any of them. I add a bunch of additional households from my gallery to fill up all of the other houses in all the worlds right from the start, but I leave all of the premades, and also move in quite a few maxis premades that aren't normally already in homes.

I play across many generations, so the premades will be dead and replaced with their born-in-game descendants relatively quickly anyway. I use MCCC so it does a great job of making sure everyone has babies and that they pair off when they become YA's.

One of my favorite parts of playing the game, actually, is seeing the descendants of premades and which other family they pair off and make their own babies with.

I almost never actively play any premades though. My current game is the first time I've done that at all in TS4, though I did it a lot in TS2. It is also the first time I have played TS4 rotationally rather than just following a legacy family.

So far, the only premades in my rotation are the Feng's; they are real estate moguls, owning 2 retail locations and a restaurant. I'm on generation 3 of the game, but I've been using potions to keep Victor and Lily around (something I rarely do).

Edit: :lol: I just noticed the age of this thread. I thought it was a new thread that already got 3 pages...forgot it was 2022 now. :lol:
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods