Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something to do in Sims 3; The Deal With It Dumpster game

124...Next

Comments

• jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    Ok after reading through this entire thread, I am inspired to try this! But I will use my simself and just randomize her traits. Should be interesting.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • SenileSimmerSenileSimmer Posts: 7 New Member
    @TreyNutz Great idea! Thanks for the follow. I'll be watching for yours too :)
    I'm several episodes in. (playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZM4Sh_azunZLYGhn7ef5gihE_sX2Qt-2). I've started her on an empty lot - no house - in the swampy area of Twinbrook. She just became an adult and I'm still looking for a toilet, shower, refrigerator, and maybe a bed (although I could just camp in the backyard or use a sleeping bag indoors). Will not complete in one generation. But her traits include unflirty and never nude, so she will have to adopt. Adopting a child will take care of not being able to potty train, and allow her time during the day to continue doing her diving.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    @SenileSimmer , you won't find a refrigerator through dumpster diving. It's just not on the list of things sims can pull out of the dumpster. I'm not sure you'll find a toilet or shower either. There are 2 types of single beds that sims can dig out of the dumpster though. Kleptomaniacs can steal toilets and showers, but not refrigerators (or counters, among other things). If you have Into the Future and change the future to Dystopia, you might be able to pull a Food Synthesizer from the trash piles around town. I think one of my sims acquired a Food Synthesizer that way.
    My girl looked online and found herself a baby-daddy LOL! Her son's name is Rich (after his father and because she doesn't want her baby to be poor). Then she found a single bed and a rock worth over $4500, so she was able to move into "Just a House". It's 2 bedrooms and looks pretty good sans the kitchen and bathroom. I had edited it down to bare bones. I may change it so that Rich can buy the toilet, shower and sink at 10X their value (still only earning through diving, scrap and whatever metals he can scrounge up).
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I think I will try this again, only this time, I will give her a store, her only income will be to sell the dumpster things in her store. she can maybe live above it or her own house. I don't know if I can do it this way or not.
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I had my homeless teens for a while, and the eventually had a two-story little house with all the necessities. I didn't really know where to go from there and it felt sort of anti-climactic to just age them up and buy them a new house.

So I decided to send them to college. Their goal now is to work on their skills to earn scholarships and sell stuff from dumpster diving to be able to afford the rest. It's gotten fun again with a new goal!
    giphy.gif

• BinkyTrauthierBinkyTrauthier Posts: 58 Member
    I hope I don't get into trouble for commenting on this because I know this thread is old, but I'm insanely happy with just how much this little challenge blew up and how many people enjoyed themselves so much! I'm sorry I couldn't get back on here sooner to see all of this >.< Now there's a cult of us that loved dumpster diving life haha :D The only thing is now I really miss it in Sims 4, makes me want to go back and install Sims 3 for it but my laptop is too much of a dinosaur for that now and it's got to survive until I can afford a new one :c
    I had so much fun with this challenge that I'm going to start it over in the Sims 4, now that dumpsters have FINALLY made their way there. I should be interesting to see how different it is in the different game. I suspect it will be MUCH easier in TS4, so I'll be challenging myself to being EXTRA strict to make up for it. If anyone else has tried it, let me know how it goes for you and how you tweaked the rules.
  • Koi_SimsKoi_Sims Posts: 1 New Member
    Just started doing this challenge and so far I've been having fun. I decided to add a little extra rules for myself to make it feel more rewarding as the weeks go on by while trying to reach the end goal! Thank you for providing something that I've become highly interested in. From the future ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top