Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want a TS2 - Freetime version for The Sims 4?

2...Next

Comments

• Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Yes
    Resounding yes!! i like how sims have a hobby. although maybe they can update it and let you choose the main hobby.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there! FYI: I moved this thread to the Game Feedback section. :)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited April 2021
    Yes
    Mak27 wrote: »
    New hobbies, skills, traits, aspirations

Sewing, pottery, ballet barre, football goal, maybe more musical instruments and items from TS3 Store like the glassblowing station and the pizza oven

Maybe a Gampe Pack will be enough

sewing machine
    old fashioned typewriter
    bingo
    football
    ballet
    exorcise bike
    boat ride for two
    building a car
    chocolate factory
    baking club
    bands
    Canning station

Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes
    I really loved that pack a lot, so would love a hobbies style pack. I have a feeling it would make a better game pack for the Sims 4, just so it is filled with gameplay over filling it with CAS items that EPs generally do. Why I would love cars for the base game too so we can fix and build them with a freetime style pack again.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    Yes
    Daephene wrote: »

In Free Time the game designated a preferred hobby for each sim based on personality traits. I don't want that again. I want to be able to vary my sims more than active sims tend to like sports and so on. More hobbies and the hobby enthusiasm system without a game -decided main hobby would be fine.

Exactly! I didn't like that in TS2 either. I also hated the personality based on the zodiac sign.

I rally like the current system with traits and lifestyles, and in particular how the latter are influenced by/influence the activities a Sims enjoy, but in a dynamic way (it can change, it's not fixed).
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,325 Member
    Yes
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    xMyrthe wrote: »
    Mak27 wrote: »
    It was a specific question about this specific EP, due the lack of activities and the almost covered EP from TS2 in TS4:

University = Discover University
    Nightlife = Get Together + Dine Out + Bowling Night
    Open For Business = Get to Work
    Pets = Cats & Dogs
    Seasons = Seasons
    Bon Voyage = Island Living + Outdoor Retreat + Snowy Escape
    Freetime = ?
    Apartment Life = City Living

City Living is also Nightlife I'd say, with the karaoke machines and singing skill! That being said I think each pack comes with a bit of "Freetime" stuff to do, with new skills and activities. But more would be nice :)

Freetime isn't just objects and skills...I think people really miss the point of the whole EP.

Freetime added the hobby system to TS2. It's a bit similar to Lifestyles in Snowy Escape. Sims will gain hobby enthusiasm every time they do an activity related to said hobby. If sims cook a lot for example, they'll get enthusiasm in Cuisine. When they reach a certain amount of enthusiasm in each hobby they unlock new interactions, recipes etc, and when at max, sims get into "the zone". While "in the zone" sims will gain skill points faster, their needs decay slower and they complete actions/build faster when using an object that puts them in the zone.

That's what Freetime is. It also added the lifetime aspirations, the secondary aspirations, the aspiration meter and hidden hobby lots, each with a hobby instructor.

Oh. In that case, I change my mind. I am not interested in having that type of hobby system. I do not like the lifestyles system from SE and I turned it off. But I still would like to have the types of activities that were mentioned in the OPs first post.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2021
    Yes
    Daephene wrote: »

In Free Time the game designated a preferred hobby for each sim based on personality traits. I don't want that again. I want to be able to vary my sims more than active sims tend to like sports and so on. More hobbies and the hobby enthusiasm system without a game -decided main hobby would be fine.

Exactly! I didn't like that in TS2 either. I also hated the personality based on the zodiac sign.

I rally like the current system with traits and lifestyles, and in particular how the latter are influenced by/influence the activities a Sims enjoy, but in a dynamic way (it can change, it's not fixed).
    I admit I don't miss the zodiac system either. I do miss the wants and fears, aspiration failures and turn ons and offs. I love your Doctor Who name too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller