Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds Vol. 2

Comments

• WentcrazyWentcrazy Posts: 128 Member
    I'm jealous some of you had your first shot! I haven't had mine yet but our numbers are still going down, so the strict lockdown was definitely helpful. I've been busy with work and I also started seeing a guy, so my free time is actually limited lol :D Last weekend I've played a bit and I have enough pictures to post an update but I have to edit the pictures first, so maybe tomorrow^^ I'm planning on staying home on Sunday which will give me enough time to work on it :)
    Hope everyone is still keeping safe <3

@OJenn I love your decorating skills! Everything looks so lovely and comfortable <3

@MayaRose1138 Such a huge house! I loved the tour as well and tbh, the cats have such a nice area.
    Haha, Lyrics face when she sees Brooke's belly :D Alec nearly killing himself by cooking though :D The proposal <3 Lyric seems to be so happy!
    Origin ID: mrskariakay
    Family Tree Evergreen Harbor
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    Rebuild Evergreen Harbor: Gen 4

I'm back with an update! It's not nearly as long as my last one, but a lot happened and I wanted to get it posted before I keep playing lol. First thing first, vampire aunt Cleo has a kid now! Owen and the rest of the fam met her for the first time at the Grims Quarry community space.
    1.png

Owen was real nosy and learned all the juicy gossip about Cleo's side of the family. Her name is Evelyn Kahue, and I think she's absolutely adorable and a great mix of her parents. her father is Keanu Kahue, one of the sons of Storm's Bro Friend from his college years! In true MCC fashion, Cleo did not end up marrying Keanu (I think he's already married) but instead married Zeke Levine's son, which I'm totally not mad about whatsoever cause the Levines are gorgeous lol.
    2.png

Of course Owen had to tease her a bit too, she's the little sister he never had lol. "Look at me, I'm the vampire lord Vlad! I'm going to eat you in your sleep!!"
    3.png

Turns out Evelyn did not inherit her mother's vampirism, so Vlad is just a myth as far as she's concerned. They had a good laugh about it.
    4.png

They got on great and spent the whole afternoon playing outside & enjoying the spring weather :blush:
    5.png

Meanwhile, Thad was out back rummaging through the garbage for recyclables. He was so close to maxing his fabrication skill and needed a few more bits & pieces to get it done...
    6.png

By sundown, he'd done it - maxed the family skill! :smiley:
    7-1.png

Now that fabrication is out of the way, he can focus on his actual aspiration, kitting! Piper is still grinding her logic skill non-stop - it's one of the hardest to max, imo. She got some help from Thad's cousin Nicole, and the two became fast friends!
    9.png

The next day was Egg Hunt Day, and Owen woke up bright and early to search for eggs. He found several hidden around his room! How that flower bunny does it, no one knows...
    10.png

He went to look for the flower bunny and was greeting by a dust bunny in the living room. He promptly sucked that little guy up lol.
    11.png

He couldn't find the flower bunny, so Thad took him to the park after breakfast, hoping to find it there. Still no flower bunny, but they did run into Cleo and Evelyn!
    14.png

The kids had a blast playing space explorers.
    15.png

Cleo...not so much lol. They didn't stay long, to avoid Cleo accidentally burning to death on their fun family outing :grimace:
    16.png

Back at home, they finally found the flower bunny!! Owen was so excited to meet it - he really has a thing for giant costume people (first Yamachan, now this lol).
    17.png

Mama Piper got home from work early enough to meet the flower bunny too (one of her "favorite" holiday traditions apparently :lol: ) and to give Owen a hug before he had to go to bed.
    18.png

Thad stayed home with Owen while Piper went out to celebrate her adult birthday with her closest friends. They met at the Old Salt House, a karaoke bar / restaurant in the big city.
    19.png

I just have to say, I hate giving all the townies makeovers constantly BUT I do love how nice everyone looks in my game :lol: I had to take this pic because Catori (orange dress) is the daughter of Finn and Winona Evergreen from my first attempt at rebuilding Evergreen Harbor (they were the ones with all the raccoons if anyone remembers lol), and the guy is a Pancakes descendent. I think the Pancakes are on gen 3 or 4 now thanks to MCC lol.
    20.png

Anyway, back to the birthday girl! BFF Melrose and cousin Nicole cheered Piper into middle age :smile:
    21.png

I think that slice of cake put on about 20 lbs., but otherwise she doesn't look much different lol. She'll get an adult makeover eventually, but she already had a mature/modest fashion sense so it probably won't change much.
    22.png

Back at home, Thad gave Piper her birthday present - some hand-knitted hot pink socks :smiley: He knows just what she likes :wink:
    23.png

The next big event in the house was Owen's birthday - just a few days after his mama's. He woke up early to eat breakfast on the couch, watch cartoons, and cuddle Miss Kitty :blush:
    24.png

I don't get a lot of pics of them but they have the closest relationship in the house. Oh how far we've come since Miss Kitty tried to murder baby Owen in his bassinet :heart:
    12.png

After school, the family all headed over to the big city to celebrate Owen's birthday at the Humor & Hijinks festival! It was a last-minute decision, but it seemed fitting for a teen party lol. They all joined the humor team.
    25.png

Of course Owen's fav (and only) cousin Evelyn was there, as well as aunt Cleo, uncle Augustus, grandpa Storm & grandma Thalia :smile: They had a great time catching up and just enjoying the festival.
    27.png

26.png

28.png

29.png

30.png

Eventually the festival came to a close and it was time for the birthday boy to blow out the candles!
    31.png

I'm really excited about his aspiration - he got one of the new ones from Snowy Escape, "Extreme Sports Enthusiast"! He also inherited his great-grandpa Haven's squeamish trait lol.
    32.png

Looks-wise, he has more Piper in him than I thought! He obviously got her skintone, but I think he also got her lips & face shape. I may be wrong but I think that's the case. He definitely got Thad's hair color, eyes, nose, and chin. Overall I wish he had a little more Piper (like red hair!!) but I'm still happy with him.
    33.png

I tried to keep his childhood fashion style and fav colors of green & blue. My fav outfits are the 2nd, 3rd, and last ones, I love him in bright colors lol.
    34.png

Back at home he went straight over to Miss Kitty and let her sniff him so she remembered who he was in her old age (I keep forgetting she's an elder :cry: )
    35.png

He also got a gym membership to Port Fitness! He's started working out every day after school (I bought him the gym rat trait & it helps with his fun lol).
    36.png

My adorable future mountain climber :love:
    37.png

Uncle Augustus still lives in the neighborhood and often meets him for a game of basketball. I really love their close uncle-nephew relationship :heart:
    38.png

39.png

40.png

He always jogs home for the extra cardio. He's going to be as fit as Storm & Thalia in no time! (Speaking of, I'm pretty sure they're going to outlive Thad & Piper with how fit they are......and how unfit Thad & Piper are :lol: MCC claims Storm has 100+ "days left" and Thalia has 50+ or something)
    42.png

Thad's hard work at the office paid off, and he finally got his final promotion - he's maxed the journalist career! (Then he promptly used his promotion bonus to pay the bills stacking up in the mailbox lol)
    44.png

Now that Thad has maxed his career and the fabrication skill, he's devoting all of his energy to knitting. I messed up a couple gens ago & lost all the knitting progress Suri made, so Thad need to make one of each clothing item to add to the wardrobe :grimace: Piper is still grinding logic, thankfully her friends are supportive lol.
    45.png

I just had to snap this pic - Thalia walked in, saw Storm, and went weak in the knees!! I adore how much these two love each other, especially in their old wrinkly years :heart:
    46.png

Thad FINALLY made some good progress on his aspiration - he knitted a sweater (the one he's wearing in this pic) and showed it off to Owen (yes that was an actual aspiration milestone lol), and he also spent a few hours teaching Owen how to knit :blush:
    47.png

Knitting is definitely not Owen's thing, so hopefully Thad can knit all the CAS items before I move on to gen 5 lol.
    48.png

He did it - he finally completed his aspiration!! Considering I had made like no progress on it before this last play session, I was pretty proud of myself him lol.
    49.png

Then the worst happened... once again I had forgotten Miss Kitty was an elder & was completely caught off guard when her death notification came through :bawling:
    50.png

Piper freaked out when Grim walked through the front door. Squeamish Owen nearly threw up.
    51.png

Grim had no mercy. They couldn't even try to bargain for a few more days with Miss Kitty :disappointed:
    52.png

The next morning they took her body to be buried in the pet cemetery. Thad was completely heartbroken.
    53.png

They buried her near the front and placed a little cat tomb stone down to mark the spot. They all burst into tears and stayed to mourn for a bit before trudging home.
    54.png

Owen tried to go for a jog to clear his mind, but he was taking Miss Kitty's loss the hardest. He was the last person to give her some love before she died, and he wished he had one more day to give her more...
    55.png

When he got back to the apartment, his childhood friend Eva Jones (Melrose & Dylan's daughter) was waiting for him at the door. Please excuse the clay, I have the art NAP active lol.
    56.png

She did her best to try to cheer him up, but Miss Kitty's death was still weighing heavily on him.
    58.png

Later that evening, she invited him out to dinner at Anavrin to try to distract him from his worries. How can you be sad when a gorgeous girl is looking at you like that? :wink:
    59.png

At the end of the night, Owen took his chance and planted one on her. She definitely wasn't expecting it...
    60.png

...but she was hoping for it :wink: Whether its true love or Owen simply trying to fill a cat-sized hole in his heart, only time will tell...
    61.png
    Comments before I have to get ready for work ~

@MayaRose1138 I loooove all the Mount Komorebi pics! I'm so glad my heir got a Snowy Escape aspiration to give me an excuse to send my sims more often lol. Your family looks like they had a blast there - especially Lyric and Alec even if they weren't that great at any snow sport :wink::lol: What a fun family hike - it looks so realistic! I love how touristy the hiking is in this pack lol. Happy birthday to the twins (and Alec)! I can't wait for gen 2 to start :smiley: Love the new house! It's so spacious, and I adore the cat room - you know the cats are going to love those big windows! I love the welcome wagon, but my sims always hate the fruit cake :lol: Congrats to Brooke on her pregnancy, glad to see its going well! I was going to say "I bet the young couple is enjoying all their alone time in that big, empty house"...but I see Lia and Heath practically live there too :lol: Hopefully they'll give them more space after the wedding lol. AHH fires are always so scary! It's too easy to lose an heir/mate! But hey...if it prompts a proposal, maybe its worth it lol. Aww the new cat is so cute! Hmm that is weird that Heath & Lia wouldnt show up to work at the clinic...its like restaurants, the "owner" never shows up unless you own it & send them. So frustrating. At least there's a Love Day wedding coming!

@OJenn Eeeeep your house tours are my fav!! How strange that your sims got the "poor decoration" moodlet in that GORGEOUS house! I love how bright & colorful it is, I think it fits Dory perfectly. The little laundry nook is so clever! And that little backyard space is perfect, sooo pretty :heart: I can't wait to see Dory move in & enjoy it!

@Wentcrazy The downside of being able to get my vaccine this early is that not very many people are going to get vaccinated in my area :grimace: We had several "phases" that only lasted like a week, because no one showed up and the vaccines were going bad. Even a lot of the local doctors and nurses won't get the vaccine, or are "waiting to see" if it turns us into 5G-powered robot-zombies *insert eye roll emoji* Basically we have no herd immunity whatsoever and covid is still spreading like crazy (the UK variant is surging here now), but at least when I inevitably get covid, it won't be as severe thanks to the vaccine. It sounds like they are doing it much better where you live, with proper lock downs & people actually going to get the vaccine! Also it's so excited that you've started seeing someone!! I hope it works out great for you :smiley: Also I can't wait for you next update!
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited April 2021
    Wentcrazy wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138 Such a huge house! I loved the tour as well and tbh, the cats have such a nice area.
    Haha, Lyrics face when she sees Brooke's belly :D Alec nearly killing himself by cooking though :D The proposal <3 Lyric seems to be so happy!

I think the pics lie because that house isn't big :) Some of the rooms are but it's a small house compared to the last one! I had to give the cats an area to themselves and the strays seem to like it. I laughed when I saw Lyric's face because it was just like 'you're going to be like that at least once' :lol: Everyone except Lia and Lyric have set themselves on fire at least once, so maybe I'll make it a thing that whoever doesn't catch on fire is eligible to be heir!! Lyric and Alec are so cute together - I often see the action 'kiss' lined up in their queues :sweat_smile:

Yay for the vaccine and the new guy and for hopefully getting an update out! Sounds like life is going pretty well at the moment!
    @MayaRose1138 I loooove all the Mount Komorebi pics! I'm so glad my heir got a Snowy Escape aspiration to give me an excuse to send my sims more often lol. Your family looks like they had a blast there - especially Lyric and Alec even if they weren't that great at any snow sport :wink::lol: What a fun family hike - it looks so realistic! I love how touristy the hiking is in this pack lol. Happy birthday to the twins (and Alec)! I can't wait for gen 2 to start :smiley: Love the new house! It's so spacious, and I adore the cat room - you know the cats are going to love those big windows! I love the welcome wagon, but my sims always hate the fruit cake :lol: Congrats to Brooke on her pregnancy, glad to see its going well! I was going to say "I bet the young couple is enjoying all their alone time in that big, empty house"...but I see Lia and Heath practically live there too :lol: Hopefully they'll give them more space after the wedding lol. AHH fires are always so scary! It's too easy to lose an heir/mate! But hey...if it prompts a proposal, maybe its worth it lol. Aww the new cat is so cute! Hmm that is weird that Heath & Lia wouldnt show up to work at the clinic...its like restaurants, the "owner" never shows up unless you own it & send them. So frustrating. At least there's a Love Day wedding coming!

I can't wait to try out the other Snowy Escape aspiration but it might mean they have to live there for a while!! I don't know whether any of the next gen will roll it or not - I've only rolled toddler and child traits so far. Lyric loved the skiing because she's active, whereas most of the others preferred the hot springs :lol: The hiking was interesting; they even stopped at the little cemetery-type area to look around before moving on.

Lia and Heath, the latter especially, came around every day for around a week! Now it's only every couple of days :lol: They obviously have a lot of time on their hands since I'm not making them go work at the clinic! One wedding, coming up!

Congrats to Owen on aging to teen! And on Thad on mastering the family skill. I haven't got far with Lyric for that since she's been either levelling her writing for her job or working out if I leave her on free will. And congrats to Cleo on her daughter! Interestingly, in my game, Cleo's had two daughters and both of them have the evil trait :lol:
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on
    Rebuilding Brindleton Bay Gen 2.02
    Love Day dawned cloudy and drizzling with rain. Not the best day for a wedding but Lyric and Alec decided to push on with it anyway. First, there was the ritual exchange of flowers....
    04-03-21_2-34-21-pm.png
    04-03-21_2-35-09-pm.png
    ...before moving on to the wedding venue. There weren't many guests, just family, but at least they all sat down for the ceremony :lol:
    04-03-21_2-43-30-pm.png
    04-03-21_2-44-05-pm.png
    04-03-21_2-44-20-pm.png
    04-03-21_2-46-00-pm.png
    Brooke did find the bar straight away though!
    04-03-21_2-48-22-pm.png
    Alec and Lyric opened some presents....
    04-03-21_2-49-58-pm.png
    04-03-21_2-50-27-pm.png
    ...and then left everyone to enjoy the rain while they went on a short honeymoon to Sulani :lol: First, they had a meal together, then they went to the beach. Surprisingly, resident active sim Lyric didn't want to swim but the less-activity-inclined Alec spent ages in the water!
    04-03-21_3-00-49-pm.png
    04-03-21_3-05-12-pm.png
    04-03-21_3-06-15-pm.png
    04-03-21_3-07-36-pm.png
    04-03-21_3-06-30-pm.png
    Not long after they got home, Winter went missing :frowning: Lyric was very upset, and when Winter returned the next day, Lyric made sure to shower her with attention.
    04-03-21_4-20-18-pm.png
    04-03-21_4-25-54-pm.png
    Before they knew it, Lyric's little nephew was becoming a toddler. Leo and Brooke had had a little boy that they named Xavier. He seems to have Leo's hair and skin colour, and Brooke's eye colour.
    04-03-21_4-36-55-pm-1.png
    Then, in a new tradition, Lyric took Alec to Granite Falls, where they stayed in the same cabin that her parents did just before moving to Brindleton Bay.
    They explored the forest, finding some crystals and insects, and unsuccessfully tried their hand at fishing. They even made friends with the local hermit. (Alec has the Curator aspiration, so he needed some collectibles)
    04-03-21_4-44-26-pm.png
    04-03-21_5-04-21-pm.png
    04-03-21_5-04-29-pm.png
    04-03-21_5-16-40-pm.png
    04-04-21_3-13-01-pm.png
    And at night, they would snuggle up on the couch while the cats slept nearby :)
    04-03-21_5-25-32-pm.png
    04-04-21_2-54-43-pm.png
    One morning, Lyric woke up not feeling very well. She decided to take a pregnancy test, just in case and...
    04-04-21_2-51-29-pm.png
    She immediately went to tell Alec, who didn't seem exactly thrilled.
    04-04-21_2-51-58-pm.png
    Bonus pic: Winter and Mickey did a TFB before the Granite Falls trip but it failed :( Now they've have to wait until the three kids are born!
    04-04-21_3-42-42-pm.png
    It's just an update from their vacation at the end of the year but they did a lot, so here you go :)

Generation 3
    Chapter 5

Carly met her cousin Karly (Samuel's second daughter) in school. They instantly became friends. Maybe it's the name but the two hit off immediately.
    5JoocLI.png
    7rq1AZq.png

Since I barely had time for everyone's aspiration, I gave the family a long-deserved vacation after Winterfest. They went to Mount Komorebi as Thalia needs to be there as she is focused on climbing there.
    96YjI9Y.png

The kids loved the snow and the girls started a snowball fight right away.
    oUxaUg9.png
    jJPXZYc.png
    nngUVOK.png

Thalia on the other hand checked out all the options they had in Mt Komorebi and decided to try snowboarding
    GwoicsE.png
    nTbu5Tu.png
    Pl0GM4p.png

Inspired by his mother, Finn gave skiing a chance. As a typical guy, he didn't choose the easy one :D
    KIJFqzo.png
    xJTXgrr.png
    gbZzmbO.png

He survived though.
    OLSoFul.png

Quinn and Carly decided to try something else.
    SgTZH6Y.png
    qBtpnfF.png

In case you're wondering, Henry wasn't into anything that involved action and built a snowman instead.
    e6rdKeA.png

I feel this kid's question as well seeing Henry's final creation.
    aCz5sdf.png

At the end of the day, the family had dinner together and watched the countdown to midnight.
    2JpXqsz.png
    FEU69Tz.png

Apparently, the family chose a great time for their vacation as it was the Youth Festival the next day.
    1vMIBvQ.png
    FSoS6Qo.png

Thalia ran into her friend Kaori and the two talked for quite a while.
    X5u9c5l.png

Carly met some other kid and she was constantly by his side. I think she has a crush on him.
    Nq8XqEQ.png
    Ns29jxN.png

On another day the family went on a hike and explored the area.
    DttafmD.png
    uAN19AL.png

They've found a temple.
    nXN2INJ.png

And a shrine.
    TGZU4LW.png

The kids had some fun playing with the echo :D
    SWA1ouk.png
    iMrwWHY.png

On the last day of their trip, Henry and Thalia decided to give climbing a try. First, they hiked around the area until they finally found a got spot to practice their climbing.
    0GI9Xeo.png
    iuxFE6R.png
    aZqyiId.png

Thalia was super confident as she is an active sim. She had to learn though that climbing is a bit more difficult.
    cEPPfVW.png
    toYvzyz.png

Henry on the other hand seemed to be a natural.
    yoQ3b2G.png

They also met Kaori there and she gave them some tips on climbing.
    YM12b2f.png

It seems like her tips helped them both.
    ua5SS4B.png

Quinn played in the snow during the last day of their winter holiday.
    Pvn2gpB.png

Carly spoke to Finn about his experience of skiing and decided to give snowboarding a try.
    XmgJUYT.png
    e6IFzJA.png

Later, she met her crush again.
    eElQlwc.png

Much to her disappointment, he aged up into a teen and told her that she is just a kid and not worth his time.
    0WQIfgu.png
    JaBpdwi.png

Instead of having an awesome vacation, Carly had her heartbroken by a guy and was sad for hours. She even told her sister Quinn who tried to cheer her up.
    nB2l6xG.png
    mxRS4vJ.png
    OHlRcdc.png

The family went home a few hours later. I've played some more but I'll keep that for the next update where the twins will age into teens. At the moment Carly is still a kid but depending on how much I play, she might age into a teen as well in my next update :)
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @JordanNicoleJJ - Cleo's daughter is an absolute cutie, I love how she turned out. I am still getting the hang of collecting bits and pieces, the trash can definitely seem to be the best spot for things to recycle. Congrats to Thad on maxing the fabrication skill! Owen turned out like a good blend of his parents I can definitely see both Piper and Thad in him. And his style is A+ for his super cool aspiration. I feel like I always forget about the things you can buy like gym rat etc. D'aww Thalia's reaction to see Storm is so sweet, I love their love. Congrats to Thad on completing his aspiration but poo Miss Kitty, I will miss her 🐸🐸🐸🐸 around the house.

@MayaRose1138 - Lyric looked so beautiful on their wedding day. Sulani is such a great place for a honeymoon, Alec and Lyric definitely look like they had a great time too! Lyric looks right at home in Granite Falls. Yay congrats on the pregnancy, I can't wait to see how their nooboo turns out they are both such great looking sims ♥

@Wentcrazy - Carly and Karly are so cuuuute, their little fashion poses are adorable. Poor Finn looks like he took on too much than he can handle :lol: They all looked like they had a great time on vacation and whats better than new years in Mt. Koromebi! Poor Carly's little face after her crush aged up :( Quinn tried though which was super sweet.
    I apologise - I'm going to have another update :lol: I am way ahead in my game and want to catch up a bit before I forget why I took all the pictures!!
    OJenn wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138 - Lyric looked so beautiful on their wedding day. Sulani is such a great place for a honeymoon, Alec and Lyric definitely look like they had a great time too! Lyric looks right at home in Granite Falls. Yay congrats on the pregnancy, I can't wait to see how their nooboo turns out they are both such great looking sims ♥

Thank you! Trust the weather not to co-operate with the wedding but at least Lyric and Alec enjoyed their day! They actually picked the same cabin as Lyric's parents in Granite Falls, which I didn't intend - I kind of forgot which one it was :lol:. As I said, I've played a fair bit in advance to these updates so all three kids have been born and there's one that definitely isn't in the running but so far, they're all cute :)

@Wentcrazy - that vacation in Mt Komorebi looks like fun! Was the rental one of the usual ones or a new build? Good to see the kids having fun, although poor Carly being hurt by her first crush :disappointed: . Looking forward to seeing what the twins look like as teens! I'm feeling like you're leaning towards Carly at the moment but do you actually have a favourite??
    Rebuilding Brindleton Bay Gen 2.03
    "Darling, I'm trying to flirt, can you put down the air guitar please?"
    "What?? You'll have to speak up, I can't hear you over the music!!"
    (This really happened. Alec was trying to flirt whereas Lyric was concentrating on rocking out :lol:)
    04-04-21_4-08-01-pm.png
    Life continued as normal as the pregnancy progressed. Lyric continued exercising and working on her journalistic career, while Alec got to know the cats in between improving his programming skill. Winter wasn't always thrilled!
    04-04-21_4-18-03-pm.png
    04-05-21_2-16-03-pm.png
    04-04-21_5-00-03-pm.png
    Lyric let her family know about the baby. All but Heath were thrilled; he seemed to mirror Alec's reaction of "WHY???"
    04-04-21_5-13-15-pm.png
    04-04-21_5-10-58-pm.png
    04-04-21_5-11-07-pm.png
    04-04-21_5-08-29-pm.png
    04-05-21_2-29-18-pm.png
    When it came time to give birth, Lyric seemed to be wondering why she had willingly let herself in for this :lol:
    04-05-21_2-35-42-pm.png
    04-05-21_2-40-03-pm.png
    04-05-21_3-20-44-pm.png
    But all that was forgotten when she held her first child - Lark Roseleen!
    04-05-21_3-21-30-pm.png
    Grandma Lia had knitted a lovely purple onesie for Lark, which was put to immediate use. Baby Lark was doted upon by both her parents.
    04-05-21_4-09-08-pm.png
    04-05-21_4-36-53-pm.png
    Lyric and Alec decided that they wanted to give Lark a little brother or sister close in age, so they tried in all manner of places. In front of the curious cats, as usual :lol:
    04-05-21_3-01-35-pm.png
    They were successful on the first try but once again, Alec wasn't happy about it. (I don't know why because he's a great father)
    04-05-21_3-34-44-pm.png
    In fact, no-one was happy about the second pregnancy :scratches head:. Even though Ivy herself was pregnant too, to Amos White.
    04-05-21_4-02-34-pm.png
    04-05-21_4-31-25-pm.png
    04-05-21_4-05-03-pm.png
    04-05-21_4-05-21-pm.png
    Lyric finally got the the promotion to become a Journalist! (I love the outfit)
    04-05-21_2-26-25-pm.png
    Alec and Leo are good tech bros :lol:
    04-05-21_3-17-17-pm.png
    The nursery got a redecoration with a theme of purple, ready for Lark to age up.
    04-04-21_4-43-08-pm.png
    04-04-21_4-42-46-pm.png
    And then it was finally time for little Lark to age up! She rolled Inquisitive, and has her father's hair but her mother's eyes and skin a shade darker than her mother.
    04-05-21_4-49-56-pm.png
    04-05-21_4-58-38-pm.png
    04-05-21_5-02-48-pm.png
    04-05-21_5-07-03-pm.png

Next time: will Lark get a little brother or sister, and will my hopes of getting a male heir come true? :sweat_smile: I'd love to tell you but... spoilers :lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~
    I can't work out why all of them were so unhappy about Lyric getting pregnant! That's normally the reaction of the father, not of the grandparents and siblings! Oh, and the theme for this generation is first names - birds/animals, middle names - Irish. Roseleen came about because I wanted something that tied in to Lyric's middle name of Rose, and then I remembered a student I had taught many years ago, thus creating the Irish theme. Boy, did I create trouble for myself with that!

Ivy moved out to be with Amos in Sulani (in a build I did for the 5th gen of the Sulani challenge because I liked it), so Lia and Heath ended up adopting a cat and a dog. Which was just as well because Mimi died the day after, and Winter was sad for a day or two. Did you know that cats can receive phone calls? There was the call icon over Winter's icon but of course, she couldn't answer it, and when I checked Lia's household, Mimi was gone :disappointed:
    @MayaRose1138 - I am still so happy that you chose Lyric as your heir. Her playing the air guitar while poor Alec is flirting with her was hilarious. Wonder why Heath wasn't so thrilled about her little girl's pregnancy. Maybe he wasn't ready to be a grandpa :lol: I love the name Lark ♥ and I adore her little purple onesie from Lia! I wonder why no one was happy about Lyrics's second pregnancy, maybe they weren't all ready lol. Lark is definitely a cutie and I can't wait to see what her brother or sister looks like!
    Can anyone tell me if the Bust the Dust kit, and the issues that accompanied it are fixed? Since getting my stimulus I am considering completing my collection.
    Update Time
    Family Tree
    After moving into her new home Dory had a housewarming party and invited her friends and family over
    7035443e8d.jpg

bb641df666.jpg

2cfc933e2c.jpg

ce2895a343.jpg

Outside she added space for gardening and fabricating
    91c9e0da3b.jpg

7d6c37ccc6.jpg

Dory plans to follow in her great-great grandpa Aiyden's footsteps ♥
    4b9b6fe88d.png

Since Dory is a cat lover she set out to find the perfect feline
    9376e88d21.jpg

After several unsuccessful visits, she found a match! His name is Jewel
    066a65b761.png

With her companion in tow Jewel has been enjoying the single life
    855013f86b.jpg

Dory has been doing well in her career but she was in desperate need of a vacation
    e24eab3ce5.jpg

She attempted to have a high school reunion in Granite Falls
    59d0e03cbc.jpg

While everyone flew in Dory got settled in and reacquainted with her old classmates Tomas and Mateo
    bc8b1e6a22.jpg

She and Tomas showed off their skills by beating poor Mateo 3-0
    cfac8d5e3d.jpg

All in all Dory enjoyed her time with her old classmates and by herself
    922014b442.jpg

31237fa55f.jpg

Mateo was in a pretty crummy mood the next few days
    352790e1e4.jpg

Despite Dory trying her best to cheer him up
    b7c92cf523.jpg

Tomas on the other loved hanging out with Dory and did so at every chance
    accc8eacea.jpg

As the reunion came to a close it was clear that Tomas and Dory had become really close
    99b2db9e3f.jpg

For now, I will leave with this picture of Dory and Jewel ♥
    19c28b7647.png
    edited April 2021
    Finally have a bit of time for comments! I have enough pics to post 2 big updates, but I'm really busy at work right now (added yet another game night to our schedule and extended hours) so they will have to wait for a bit :grimace:

@MayaRose1138 What a nice wedding! I love seeing the whole family together again after the heir ages up & moves out, weddings are basically family reunions in my game :lol: Sulani honeymoons are the best honeymoons! Alec & Lyric look like they had an amazing vacay. Aww Winter no! I always freak out when sim pets run away. A second honeymoon, woo! Granite Falls is still my fav vacay world. Congrats on the pregnancy, Lyric!! Ahhh look at that little bump! Lyric's gonna be a great mama. I love all the bump love pics, the whole family is invested lol! A baby girl!! I adore her name. And another one on the way yaaaaasssss! I'm glad Lyric is happy, even if everyone else thinks she's crazy :lol: And Ivy's prego too - that's perfect, they'll have a cousin close in age! Lyric's journalist outfit is way cooler than Thad's in my game, it must be the female version. I'm jealous lol. Awww such a cute little nursery, I love the colors! :love: Lark is adorable - and I love an inquisitive toddler! I can't wait to see if baby #2 is a boy or girl :smiley:

@Wentcrazy Carly is the cutest kid - so bright & colorful :smiley: I love all the snow fun pics. I just sent my sims on (several) vacay(s) to Mount Komorebi & I still can't get enough of the snowboarding/skiing/sledding/hiking/rock climbing pics - it's just so fun! And the festival of youth!! I love it when I have kids in the household. They look like they had even more fun on their hike though! I'm glad Henry and Thalia got to spend a bit of alone time together, even if Thalia wasn't the greatest at rock climbing (at first) lol. Carly is a natural snowboarder - she's such a cool little sim! Aw poor girl, teens aging up unexpectedly always ruins my childhood crush plans. At least she had her big sis to cheer her up :blush:

@OJenn Bust the Dust is working fine for me now! It only gets dusty every few days (2-3) now. It's much less intrusive than before. I'm still not 100% happy with everything - the environment moodlets for clean (inspired)/dusty (playful) are a bit too strong imo, they're +2 which outweighs most other moodlets. I had a hard time getting a sim focused for a job requirement because of the clean room. My other gripe is that the dust bunnies automatically give you a bunch of money - one spawned while all my sims were at school/work (and therefore couldn't vacuum for awhile), and they got 50-75 simoleons per hour due to the bunny simply existing. I think it needs to be fixed that it won't give you money unless you perform the "ask for gift" (or whatever its called) interaction - the interaction already exists, but it gives you collectibles. There are some mods for tweaking these issues, such as a mod that removes or reduces the environmental buff to +1.

Omg the exterior of that house is TOO CUTE!! It fits Evergreen Harbor/Conifer Station so perfectly, and I love the baby blue. And just look at how spacious it is - there's actually room for family gatherings again!! (That tiny apartment is gonna give me ptsd :lol: ) The little garden/fabrication shed is awesome - what a great idea! Dory and Jewel are giving me "pet that looks like its owner" vibes and I'm living for it :heart: Now that's a vacation I can get behind - I want a mountain resort vacay in real life :love: What a fun idea, a class reunion! (I really wish these were actual events you could host in game, would be perfect for a generations-style pack including prom and other after-school activities!). Tomas and Dory really clicked, you can't deny that. But I wonder if Mateo will make a come back... That last pic is just perfect :love::heart:
    @MayaRose1138 - I am still so happy that you chose Lyric as your heir. Her playing the air guitar while poor Alec is flirting with her was hilarious. Wonder why Heath wasn't so thrilled about her little girl's pregnancy. Maybe he wasn't ready to be a grandpa :lol: I love the name Lark ♥ and I adore her little purple onesie from Lia! I wonder why no one was happy about Lyrics's second pregnancy, maybe they weren't all ready lol. Lark is definitely a cutie and I can't wait to see what her brother or sister looks like!

It was really weird - every time Lyric told someone about her second pregnancy, they were like 'why'? :disappointed: Lark is a good mix of genetics so far, which I'm happy with. I've been really good - I haven't rolled the teen/YA traits for the kids yet, so I can't be prejudiced because of them :)

Dory's house looks lovely - how did you get that verandah roof to go through the wall without it going inside? It looks nice and cosy but maybe not lots of room for kids. Love Jewel!! Such a cute little kitty!! Also love the Granite Falls lot - I'll have to find that for my game :) Fingers crossed for Tomas... or maybe Mateo, I'm not fussed :lol:
    Finally have a bit of time for comments! I have enough pics to post 2 big updates, but I'm really busy at work right now (added yet another game night to our schedule and extended hours) so they will have to wait for a bit :grimace:

@MayaRose1138 What a nice wedding! I love seeing the whole family together again after the heir ages up & moves out, weddings are basically family reunions in my game :lol: Sulani honeymoons are the best honeymoons! Alec & Lyric look like they had an amazing vacay. Aww Winter no! I always freak out when sim pets run away. A second honeymoon, woo! Granite Falls is still my fav vacay world. Congrats on the pregnancy, Lyric!! Ahhh look at that little bump! Lyric's gonna be a great mama. I love all the bump love pics, the whole family is invested lol! A baby girl!! I adore her name. And another one on the way yaaaaasssss! I'm glad Lyric is happy, even if everyone else thinks she's crazy :lol: And Ivy's prego too - that's perfect, they'll have a cousin close in age! Lyric's journalist outfit is way cooler than Thad's in my game, it must be the female version. I'm jealous lol. Awww such a cute little nursery, I love the colors! :love: Lark is adorable - and I love an inquisitive toddler! I can't wait to see if baby #2 is a boy or girl :smiley:

Winter has run away three times so far!!! I don't know why, unless it's because she's not getting as much attention? But hopefully the kids will be good about paying attention to her and Mickey. Thank you re the name - I wanted something short and cute :) Let's just say, without giving too much away until you read the next update, that Ivy's kid and Lyric's second kid will be good friends. If I can fit everything in, I'm going to try and get to the third child in this update but if I don't, I might post it tomorrow!
    Rebuilding Brindleton Bay Gen 2.04
    The weather was still fine enough to go to the park, so Lyric and Alec took Lark there and invited Heath and Lia over as well.
    04-05-21_5-14-32-pm.png
    04-06-21_2-43-13-pm.png
    04-05-21_5-23-16-pm.png
    04-06-21_2-44-47-pm.png
    Lark was the centre of attention and enjoyed it greatly (warning: toddler spam :lol:)
    04-07-21_5-43-13-pm.png
    04-06-21_2-54-48-pm.png
    04-07-21_4-29-22-pm.png
    04-06-21_2-52-20-pm.png
    04-07-21_4-46-07-pm.png
    04-06-21_3-23-27-pm.png
    04-07-21_4-54-22-pm.png
    And therefore it seemed no time at all before the next baby was on it's way!
    04-06-21_4-59-59-pm.png
    04-06-21_5-01-08-pm.png
    04-06-21_5-00-39-pm.png
    Welcome Kit Emerson! Yay - a boy!!
    04-06-21_5-11-16-pm.png
    Lark didn't quite know what to make of this noisy new thing that had arrived, and she frequently woke her parents in the middle of the night to chat :lol:
    04-07-21_3-59-10-pm.png
    04-06-21_3-15-01-pm.png
    04-07-21_5-42-45-pm.png
    Lyric and Alec decided on one last child. Don't worry, Alec, it's definitely the last one! :lol:
    04-07-21_4-05-17-pm.png
    04-07-21_4-06-15-pm.png
    04-07-21_4-07-52-pm.png

Lark continued to demand her share of attention but was also quite happy to play by herself. She even enjoyed dancing with the cats, even if they weren't as impressed :sweat_smile:
    04-07-21_4-36-52-pm.png
    04-06-21_3-30-41-pm.png
    04-06-21_4-22-32-pm.png
    Alec still can't cook to save his life. In fact, it is frequently in danger. Here he is making a BLT where he cut his finger three times and then put ear wax in the recipe :lol:
    04-07-21_5-02-56-pm.png
    Telling the family about the third baby went better this time. Maybe it was the cuteness of Lark helping :)
    04-06-21_4-44-34-pm.png
    Cousin Xavier, Leo's son, aged into a child with the Bookworm trait.
    04-07-21_5-28-15-pm.png
    And Ivy had a son around the same time as Kit was born, and she named him Elijah.
    04-07-21_5-44-24-pm.png
    And now the moment you've all been waiting for - do I get a male heir this time?
    -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

No :( Kit is a clone of his father. Cute but at the moment, no input from Lyric's genetics.
    04-07-21_6-42-38-pm.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This is why I was wondering about using female gene pool mates with a female heir. At this point, the third child hadn't been born but I was getting worried! Next time, the third child is born....
    Rebuilding Brindleton Bay Gen 2.05

Well, I might as well post another one while I have the energy :lol:

The third pregnancy has been a lot tougher on Lyric than the other two so Alec often found himself having to deal with two toddlers!
    04-09-21_1-56-48-pm.png
    04-07-21_6-49-57-pm.png
    04-09-21_2-33-06-pm.png
    04-09-21_2-36-08-pm.png
    04-09-21_2-42-50-pm.png

This looks like it would hurt!!
    04-09-21_2-38-31-pm.png

Though Lyric did her fair share of looking after as well.
    04-09-21_2-06-49-pm.png
    04-09-21_2-08-23-pm.png
    04-07-21_6-54-43-pm.png
    04-09-21_4-25-52-pm.png

Lark seemed to like her brother okay now he was old enough to play with, though she also liked playing with or talking to the cats (she must be aiming to be heir already :lol:)
    04-07-21_6-52-43-pm.png
    04-09-21_4-53-35-pm.png
    04-09-21_4-52-20-pm.png
    04-09-21_2-26-07-pm.png
    04-09-21_4-15-22-pm.png

Lark also keeps waking Alec up in the middle of the night, even though she's in the green :lol:
    "Daddy, tell me a story!"
    "It's 3 o'clock, go back to sleep!"
    04-09-21_4-59-07-pm.png

Finally, the third and hopefully final baby was born! Meet Dove Cianna!
    04-09-21_3-05-49-pm.png
    04-09-21_3-06-53-pm.png

Lark was sad about having another sibling, while Kit was furious. Alec tried to comfort him but Kit rejected the hug and that resulted in hurt feelings that lasted for days :/
    04-09-21_3-51-37-pm.png
    04-09-21_3-53-10-pm.png
    04-09-21_3-54-01-pm.png

Lyric and Alec were both happy with the new addition though.
    04-09-21_4-01-09-pm.png

Kit eventually came around to having a younger sister.
    04-09-21_4-44-05-pm.png

Two birthdays in one day! Dove aged up to toddler with the Silly trait and she looks exactly like Lark. So the girls are a better genetic mix colour-wise but I don't know about features yet. At the moment though, they're more genetically diverse than Kit.
    04-09-21_5-07-22-pm.png
    04-10-21_2-15-59-pm.png

And Lark aged to child. She gained the Active trait (like her mother) and the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration, and also achieved Top-Notch Toddler.
    04-09-21_5-17-15-pm.png
    04-09-21_5-27-02-pm.png
    At the moment, Lark seems to have Lyric's nose and Alec's mouth shape, and maybe Alec's eye shape as well but that's hard to tell.
    comparison-lark.png

Slight remodelling of the girls bedroom (yay for bunk beds!!)
    04-09-21_5-28-50-pm.png
    04-09-21_5-29-02-pm.png
    04-09-21_5-29-18-pm.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You can see why I had a dilemma with who to have as heir! Lark and Dove are almost identical, and Kit is so far a clone of his father. I'm leaning towards one of the girls at the moment, possibly Lark since she gets along well with the cats, but I haven't rolled their teen/YA traits and aspiration yet so I'm not sure whether that will discount either of them. In my game, all the kids are children, and I'm about four days away from aging Lark to teen, so we'll see what she ends up with :)

@MayaRose1138 - Lark looks like she is enjoying herself at the park and Alec is such a sweet papa playing with her. And Mama Lyric looks like she is in her element with her baby girl. And aww a boy, do you think they will have another one? I don't think Lark wants another sibling she doesn't look pleased with her new baby brother. Uh-oh, I sure hope Lark is ready for her next sibling :lol: Poor Alec doesn't look too happy with the news but Lyric seems to know how to cheer her guy up ♥ I can see why Kit won't be the heir he is cute but his daddy's clone :( Oh no poor Larkwhen she saw her new sibling, I kind of expected this. Hopefully she will warm up to them when they get older. It looks like both girls have blue eyes? I love them both I can't choose!
  • Francisca464Francisca464 Posts: 738 Member
    Hey everyone! Sorry for being MIA again, but I have a really good reason... We're buying a house! Or well, we hope to lol. We just applied for a mortgage so we'll be hearing more in the coming week. It's really exciting but it also all happened very fast and it's a lot to process. I hope to be back soon when everything quiets down and we are in our new crib :sunglasses:

See you soon! :heart:
    I don’t have an update this week - I’ve been testing out the CL trial. My sims have been to three of the festivals and there really wasn’t much to do, but hopefully I’ll get to try out the GeekCon one tomorrow before the trial cuts out! (Haven’t tried the Romance one either). I’m going to save the family too because I really like the couple. I like the CAS stuff and the BB looks good too.
    @MayaRose1138 - Lark looks like she is enjoying herself at the park and Alec is such a sweet papa playing with her. And Mama Lyric looks like she is in her element with her baby girl. And aww a boy, do you think they will have another one? I don't think Lark wants another sibling she doesn't look pleased with her new baby brother. Uh-oh, I sure hope Lark is ready for her next sibling :lol: Poor Alec doesn't look too happy with the news but Lyric seems to know how to cheer her guy up ♥ I can see why Kit won't be the heir he is cute but his daddy's clone :( Oh no poor Larkwhen she saw her new sibling, I kind of expected this. Hopefully she will warm up to them when they get older. It looks like both girls have blue eyes? I love them both I can't choose!

Lark and Dove are almost identical and look like Leo could have been their father!! Because I haven’t rolled their teen/Ya traits, I don’t know whose are going to be better for the challenge. I’ll roll them both when Lark ages up. Kit literally threw a tantrum when Dove was born - he really didn’t want a younger sibling 🤣. He looks so different to his sisters as well, so I think he’s going to grow up to look like Alec in his features as well as colouring. The kids all get along now, and I’ll be getting the girls to become BFFs.

@Francisca464 - congrats on your potential new house! Hope to see you update sometime soon!
    Lil life update - I got my 2nd moderna vax on Wednesday and was suuuper tired Thursday, plus a sore arm & some mild body aches which vanished entirely overnight. Still...I think I slept like 20 hours on Thursday between going to bed early, sleeping in late, and napping on and off all day :lol: I'm completely back to normal now & feel pretty great knowing I'll be "fully vaccinated" in a week & a half (apparently it takes a couple weeks to for-sure kick in) :smiley: I know I'm behind on commenting but it's been even longer since I posted (I think :sweat_smile: ) so lemme get this update out first!
    Rebuild Evergreen Harbor: Gen 4 (The last update of gen 4!!)

In my last update, Owen aged up into a teen & started dating his best friend Eva :blush: News travels fast--cousin Evelyn was the first to call & congratulate him, all the way from Forgotten Hollow lol
    1.png

To be fair, these young love birds aren't exactly discreet about their relationship :sweat_smile:
    3.png

But first and foremost they're best friends--they still goof off together and just enjoy each other's company :blush:
    2.png

They just enjoy each other's company in other way too, now :wink:
    4.png

It wasn't long before mama bear Piper caught wind of their romantic trysts in her closet, and she had to give him "the talk."
    5.png

But Thad & Piper are supportive of Owen and Eva's relationship, as long as they are mature & safe about it. In fact, they even organized a multi-family vacation to Mount Komorebi to show their good faith! They got to meet Melrose's husband, Dylan, for the first time!
    6.png

They arrived just in time for the Festival of Lights, which the love birds took full advantage of. They made vomit-inducing cutesy wishes together -- "I wish we'll be together forever! :tongue:
    7.png

They cozied up next to the fire for the rest of the evening, whispering equally cutesy romantic things in each others' ears gag me lol
    10.png

Dylan didn't want to make a wish, so Piper & Mel made one together. Thad was a little bummed, because he thought that was his & Piper's thing :confused:
    9.png

He took his frustrations out on the vending machine like a mature adult lol.
    8.png

They splurged on a fancy lodge up on the mountain for their home-away-from-home, and they were greeted by a beautiful blanket of snow despite it being the beginning of summer in Evergreen Harbor.
    11.png

Owen and Eva even got to share a room...in separate beds of course, which they totally didn't abuse only because you can't woohoo in a twin bed :tongue:
    12.png

The next morning they got up bright and early, took a train down the mountain, and went on a calming, foggy nature hike (which I desperately need irl omg).
    13.png

Owen even found some nature spirits! He paid them proper respect, of course, and got their blessing :blush:
    14.png

Owen also made a wish at the old temple. I imagine it said something along the lines of "I wish I could move to Mount Komorebi someday" :wink:
    15.png

They headed back up the mountain in time for lunch & some afternoon snow fun! Eva didn't want anything to do with skiing or snowboarding, but she did agree to go down the bunny slopes in a sled lol.
    16.png

17.png

After some "action" on the slopes (Eva is definitely not an action person lol), they decided to take another hike - much more Eva's speed.
    18.png

They found some shrines and a neat cave that echoed back when yelled into!
    19.png

Buuut Eva didn't really care about their "cool discovery." She was tired and just wanted to go home.
    20.png

Back at the lodge, I spotted Eva venting to her mama Mel. Apparently she wasn't having as much fun as she was letting on... :confused:
    21.png

She went to bed early--just passed out on the bed in her cold, wet clothes :frowning:
    22.png

Honestly, Owen didn't really seem to care--he was having a blast, with or without her. He headed back out to the slopes for some REAL action. If only Eva had seen how cool he looked! :sunglasses:
    23.png

Well...until he wiped out, that is lol. He'll definitely need more practice if he wants to call himself an "extreme sports enthusiast" :sweat_smile:
    24.png

The adults spent most of the vacay at the lodge just hanging out & getting to know each other better. If games weren't tied to tables in the sims, I'm sure they would've been playing card/board games the whole time lol.
    25.png

And of course Thad & Piper stole some moments alone to love on each other :blush: All in all, it was a great weekend get-away :heart:
    26.png

When they got back home, Eva distanced herself from Owen for awhile. She wouldn't return his texts or calls, and at some point, he gave up trying. A few weeks later, she texted and asked him to meet her at the park, where she gave him the bad news...she couldn't be with him anymore. They were just too different, and she would be leaving for college soon anyway. I think she took it worse than he did, honestly. Or maybe he just put on a brave face for her :heartbreak:
    27.png

Eventually the feelings hit him and put him in a terrible mood. He went to the "anger" stage of grief real quick. Piper didn't know how much of it she could take when he was still in his funk by his YA birthday.
    28.png

Regardless, they wanted him to have a nice birthday, so they all went out for dinner at everyone's fav restaurant, Anavrin.
    29.png

They had the restaurant bring out some cake to celebrate, and with that, Owen aged up into a YA!! He gained the perfectly appropriate "Adventurous" trait to accompany his Extreme Sports Enthusiast aspiration.
    30.png

He aged up with several positive character values, so Piper finally finished her aspiration! Since she and Thad had done everything they "needed" to do (aspirations complete, skills maxed, careers capped, etc) it was the perfect wrap-up to gen 4 :smiley:
    31-1.png

Here's Owen is all of his YA glory! I definitely see a lot of Thad in him, but he's got a little bit of Piper too, I think. He's not the best genetic mix, but he's all I got, so it'll have to do lol.
    33.png

I absolutely adore this sim though. I just love his adventurous, mountain-climbing, hiking, snowboarder bro vibe :love:
    34.png

He didn't really have anything tying him down to Evergreen Harbor (aside from the whole "family legacy" thing of course lol) so he decided to take the big leap and move to Mount Komorebi -- maybe the fresh mountain air would help clear his head & heal his broken heart. He moved into a little one bedroom house in the newer part of town, right next to the train station that could take him up to the slopes whenever his heart desired.
    35.png

As he was unpacking, a couple neighbors popped by to introduce themselves & welcome him to the neighborhood :smiley:
    36.png

The lady with the fruitcake just left the fruitcake on the table & disappeared, but the pretty blonde girl, Rosalie, stuck around to share a slice :smirk:
    37.png

Turns out they had a lot in common and even made plans to hit the slopes the first thing the next morning! They're officially "snow bros" (whatever that means :lol: )
    38.png

Owen threw out a bit of a flirt before she left, giving her a house key and telling her to stop by "anytime" :wink:
    40.png

After she left, Owen went for a walk to explore his new neighborhood. It's so pretty :heart:
    41.png

He found a peaceful river and stripped down to his shorts to float around for the afternoon. I think he's gonna enjoy living in Mount Komorebi for a bit :wink:
    42.png

I'll end this update here--his new home has given him a new lease on life & earned him the Outdoorsy lifestyle :smiley: I've got a ton more to post (spoilers in my family tree!!) but it'll have to wait til I have more time. Happy simming!
    43.png
    @MayaRose1138 Aww that park is so cute! It's perfect for lil tods. Lark is adorable, and Lyric and Alec make great parents. A boy--yay!! Kit is a great name. Eeep and another one on the way! Three kids is the sweet spot for me, not too many to be overwhelmed (usually lol) but enough to get at least one good genetic mix (again, usually...lol). I'm glad the cats keep Lark entertained since Lyric and Alec are busy with the newborn/pregnancy, what great babysitters :wink: Well hopefully third time's the charm since Kit appears to be an Alec clone :confused: Lark and Kit might be "clones" but at least they're still adorable toddles :blush: I love all those family bonding pics :heart: Especially the cats on the roomas :lol: Another girl! She does looks a lot like Lark though, but maybe they'll look like better mixes when they age up. Lark is really pretty as a child though, I think she's a better mix than we thought! And I love the new girl's room - yay for bunk beds!

@Francisca464 Glad to hear from you!! That's so exciting that you guys are buying a house! I'm sending you good house-hunting vibes, I'm sure you guys will find a great place :sunglasses:
    @Francisca464 - Oh my gosh that is super exciting!! Good luck with everything and let me know if you need decorating help ;)

@JordanNicoleJJ - I will be fully vaccinated on the 7th, welcome to the club!! I will have to check back later on your update my internet is being weird and the pictures are not loading :cry:

• Francisca464Francisca464 Posts: 738 Member
    OK small update! We got the house! :smiley: We signed our mortgage deal today and we'll be getting the key on Wednesday. Aaahg, I'm so excited you guys :dizzy:

@OJenn I'll definitely need some decorating help :joy: I already considered building it in the Sims so I could decorate it digitally first lol. But I'm no good at building so that didn't work.

I'll be sharing pictures as soon as I can!
    Sorry for being away for so long but real life had me busy (when a lockdown gets eased you want to join in with the fun :D). Hopefully, soon I will get my first dose of the vaccine and by summer I should be fully vaccinated. I hope you guys are safe and we can all soon go back to a normal life pre-covid.

@Francisca464 congrats on getting the house! This is so awesome and will be such an exciting time for you!

Generation 3
    Chapter 6

To get a bit more out of the house (e.g. the kids needed to work on their aspirations), I sent them all to the park.
    While Carly and Karly hung out, Quinn met a boy who was really sad and tried to cheer him up.
    ytsTG7k.png
    Vcm3yH7.png
    X0i7sy8.png
    ch2Bfo7.png
    eOacmMF.png
    4bDrBqh.png
    GPtFdzm.png

Of course her charm worked. His name is Soren and he is a cute child.
    vJ7lXDV.png
    58JMUw8.png

Finn also met a cute girl. Her name is Cierra.
    e492Bi3.png
    0i1Hva3.png

Quinn and Soren were kind of glued to each other.
    J0RGTRI.png
    XrbjR0b.png
    DB9UzVh.png

Naturally, the twins invited their new friends over after school.
    LqrK87Q.png
    0BamPJK.png
    JN2Dm4P.png

Carly had some fun with her best friend aka cousin Karly. It is crazy but Karly is her only friend :D
    McINHjd.png
    JH9Q4Bm.png

Sometimes Carly worked on her aspiration and tried to update her skills.
    ModDJW8.png

The twins however had already maxed their aspirations and had to be more relaxed. What's better than playing cards with their dad (trying to be the heir? :D).
    T6CsxyW.png

Thalia took all the kids one day and went to her sister's place as she was living in the Gen1 family home. She introduced her kids to her side of the family and wanted them to get to know each other.
    MOVQnNh.png
    MxO8Mab.png
    qW32qdc.png

Carly was not really into meeting (boring) relatives and spent her time outside instead (working on her skills). It's like she is trying to think of her grandma Rose and how she must have played there when she had been a kid herself. Carly is not a loner but sometimes I do get this kind of vibe from her (is it because she was "neglected" as a toddler?^^)
    XxRh1j5.png
    6dqFfAn.png

The next day after school, Carly was really sad. She told her mother Thalia that it had been just a rough day but somehow I believe she still feels like she is the black sheep in the family that does not really belong anywhere (she is always alone and never hangs out with anyone of her family :().
    gbaNkPM.png
    2AMIwuY.png
    s4zCbUo.png

Quinn of course brought someone special back from school (again).
    hPhNcZR.png
    kxzytWs.png

After what felt like a decade, Henry and Thalia finally had another date night. I think all of you recognize this place :D
    XnMP3FN.png
    LE4QIr3.png
    Wvdfck4.png

Side note: Rose was hanging around the whole time, not leaving the two of them out of her sight :D
    EUSJ4OC.png
    MKATdU7.png
    ec5FacN.png

So it was only natural that Henry and Thalia decided to invite both of Henry's parents over. Although Rose is a very frequent guest, the kids haven't really met their grandparents.
    JHzwFmS.png
    gzg8AKc.png
    U7cTmfA.png

And guess who was completely smitten? Carly and her grandfather got really close.
    tF85wjp.png
    1F5oF8b.png
    ZK6pwRl.png

And I mean, if someone is a photographer, you use the skills, right?
    7ht4YDi.png

Thalia's skills also came in handy when Soren had aged into a teenager and he still liked to hang out with Quinn.
    epij1EK.png
    NhnXO80.png
    0UTjnyX.png

Then, it was time for the twins to age up. I only captured Quinn blowing out the candles but I promise you, both kids had a cake :D
    5iOXcHh.png

And what did Quinn do? Ask her mom to take pictures :D
    H011EdW.png
    WOj29yl.png
    Gi1C7ni.png

Her older twin brother Finn used the opportunity himself to have some pictures with Cierra.
    GtCRrMQ.png
    132TApV.png

Not that he needed his mother's help in any way.
    kRShU9y.png
    ZIAANwm.png
    yQCqTOr.png

While Carly had her best friend over, Thalia thought that her now teenage daughter could follow her footsteps and get into (addicted) to fitness.
    yrXsZlJ.png

I guess her face says it all. You can see the disappointment in Thalia's eyes when Quinn quit after 5 minutes^^
    0CgNbs8.png

Carly had another fun day with Karly where she told her about her amazing grandfather and asked for some help with getting closer to her parents (she was too shy to speak directly to her family).
    wGrc1HH.png

Almost naturally, Carly decided to try out the skill that had been passing down from generation to generation.
    pFUA9s5.png

Henry walked by and seemed to be shocked that Carly would pick up the knitting tools as she was a rather wild child but he decided to sit down and give her a few tips.
    usUptnT.png

He did not stay long with her but apparently he got inspired by her which led to this picture :D
    j4qIg0r.png

The twins however were more interested to work on their new life goals.
    Quinn wanted the beach life so working on her tan was the first thing she did. Finn however wanted to be a bestselling author and since he got a tiny desk and computer in his bedroom, he went straight to work on his goal.
    6ENpv5G.png
    tiRDLcv.png
    CWxW1mI.png

Also, I don't think I ever introduced the family cat to you guys but after Thalia's dogs had passed away, they got a kitten who is already an adult by now. His name is Kudos and Thalia adores him.
    2S3gDcq.png

After all this, I send the family back to Mount Komorebi to work on Thalia's aspiration. Unfortunately, all my pictures are gone :(
    I also went to Sulani for Quinn but again, I barely have any pictures :(
    The only pictures that I still have left are a random one from Sulani and then two pictures of Carly celebrating her birthday.
    I know how sad this is and it's like you're missing a few weeks of this household but I have no idea where all the pictures went :(

So here are the great pictures from Sulani :D
    R0jM7pW.png
    fKPccdW.png
    J7x8HbL.png

Carly's cousin and best friend also aged into a teenager a few days earlier than Carly. So here is the teenage Karly.
    sjolTaF.png

As usual, here are the CAS comparison pictures. I have to admit, I absolutely adore Carly and I'm 90% certain I'm gonna choose her as the heir.
    However, I think all the kids are a great and different mix of their parents and I love how each of them turned out <3 Especially Quinn, she is so stunning! But Carly got a special place in my heart ever since she was the stinky toddler, so she might be the one who gets to be heir with her unusual look and personality. However, I love Quinn's career and her traits might be fun as well. Maybe she has a chance to be heir after all :)
    1QKmH0h.png
    6F4MZNA.png

Just to remind you, these are their aspirations, careers and (future) traits.

Finn
    Bestselling Author
    Traits: Bookworm, Child of the Islands, (Loner -> totally surprising but okay :D).
    Career: Detective (Get To Work).

Quinn
    Beach Life
    Traits: Music Lover, Childish, (Noncommittal).
    Career: Civic Planner (Civil Designer).

Carly
    Super Parent
    Traits: Geek, Outgoing, (Unflirty). -> "loner" kid Carly is an outgoing teen now :D
    Career: Patron of the Arts (Painter).
    @JordanNicoleJJ - Not sure what's up with my net so I am going to attempt to reply with few pictures. Like only a few loaded up for me :(

I still love getting those congratulatory calls from other sims, especially family. Oh, no poor Owen was probably so embarrassed getting the talk from Piper, yikes! Mt. Komorebi has the best views I swear <3 Uh oh sounds like Owen and Eva ran into some trouble out there. Well, at least he didn't let it ruin his time as he worked on becoming a true extreme sports enthusiast! It's so sad that they ended up calling it quits but it sounds like that's the best for both of them. Happy birthday Owen, and wow what a perfect trait to go with his aspiration. I can't wait to see him living his best life in Mt. Komorebi

@wentcrazy - The kiddos look like they had a great time at the park :) Karly and Carly being good friends is adorably fitting :lol: And it seems like poor Carly needs that friend. She looks like a loner always by herself, poor thing. Its nice to see Carly and her grandpa bond. And omg the twins as teens in all those pics are goofy and sweet. I think Carly wants to be heir :wink: especially since she gravitated towards knitting. Seeing all the kids as teens now I am definitely team Carly 100% especially since she is coming out of her shell with the outgoing trait

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top