Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would You Like More Occults??

Comments

• temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited April 2021
    Yes
    I dont understand the push for more occults when its supposed to be a life simulator. Theres so many fantasy/occult games out there. And yet so little in the life sim genre like the sims. I dont mind if they keep it separate as dlc but i wish theyd only focus on life sim personally.

This is not true! Those fantasy rpg games their not life sims.We can't have children, turn anybody.We are stuck in the limit those games.I do agree we need more basic life features, but we need occults too.Life sim does not mean realistic simulator.

Exactly and there are other life sims if you want realism like Farming simulator or Paralives a game like the sims but without any Occults, The Sims series are only life simulator with Occults, @StrawberryYogurt you're asking the series to remove one of it core identities one of the few things that put them on the map , it just wouldn't be the same without them, what you're doing is like asking Saints Row to go back to it roots as GTA clone after the fourth game introduced Aliens and Time Travel, People play the sims to escape reality instead of having it shoved back in faces, but if you want realism so bad here's your Covid 19 themed expansion pack, that example of a realism pack is kind of depressing and you can now see why realism gameplay ruins our fun, we don't want to be bored or depressed when playing the sims.
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    Yes
    I'd like more occult states - zombies, werewolves, elves,, proper plantsims, trolls, mythological creatures... I'd take almost anything - but only if they came with a toggle to prevent them from turning other sims into their kind unless you want to.

For example, I'd like to have zombies or werewolves in my worlds, but I would want to be able to choose if in a given gamesave I'd be contented to just have them roaming around in the background but I wouldn't want them to bite my playable sims and turn them into zombies/werewolves too, while in another gamesave I might go full zombie apocalypse and be happy to turn the toggle on.

Occults can bring variety and more possibilities to your stories/gameplay, but they can also disrupt a story/gameplay. Nerfing them later is not a good solution, it leaves everyone dissatisfied (especially those who actually enjoy the occults in the first place). A toggle seems to me a good compromise.

Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    Yes
    I'm dreaming of fairies, genies, unicorns, dragons. I also want werewolves. And werecats.😸 Like these:
    art-grumpy-cat-brother-awesome-514920.jpeg
    d0ab493e5834b5f66925ef503930d26f.jpg

I have a werebunny in the Sims 3. Look. Isn't he cute? ;)
    qwqoCSuf2rk.jpg?size=1280x720&quality=96&sign=8e721945aff04deb25f18a24eb7669bc&type=album
    TKS9E5eo81g.jpg?size=1280x720&quality=96&sign=545879b0e97090102b9e682c1ae359ba&type=album
    pePccUlRke0.jpg?size=1280x720&quality=96&sign=0270923fe74fd599bfd6e029da5c59bb&type=album
    UMa3ZYrMkPM.jpg?size=1280x720&quality=96&sign=c3b3a888c350ff888fd0c6b7646c8a57&type=album
    eSX5OpTAYgw.jpg?size=1280x720&quality=96&sign=d6d1bb9e1ae60c21b1c3a86f252156f0&type=album
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited April 2021
    Yes
    I wouldn't mind having Fairies and Elves but only if they're kept in their own beautiful world.

Land-of-Fairies-1.jpg

Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member
    Yes
    I dont understand the push for more occults when its supposed to be a life simulator. Theres so many fantasy/occult games out there. And yet so little in the life sim genre like the sims. I dont mind if they keep it separate as dlc but i wish theyd only focus on life sim personally.

This is not true! Those fantasy rpg games their not life sims.We can't have children, turn anybody.We are stuck in the limit those games.I do agree we need more basic life features, but we need occults too.Life sim does not mean realistic simulator.

Exactly and there are other life sims if you want realism like Farming simulator or Paralives a game like the sims but without any Occults, The Sims series are only life simulator with Occults, @StrawberryYogurt you're asking the series to remove one of it core identities one of the few things that put them on the map , it just wouldn't be the same without them, what you're doing is like asking Saints Row to go back to it roots as GTA clone after the fourth game introduced Aliens and Time Travel, People play the sims to escape reality instead of having it shoved back in faces, but if you want realism so bad here's your Covid 19 themed expansion pack, that example of a realism pack is kind of depressing and you can now see why realism gameplay ruins our fun, we don't want to be bored or depressed when playing the sims.

Just a correction paralive teams are looking for occults as separate expansion pack.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes
    Yes, for those who voted no, the pack doesn't have to be added.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Yes
    Cinebar wrote: »

Honestly it's a lost cause, They're still going to buy the pack and then complain about it, they already did it with a pack called VAMPIRES.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Yes

Honestly it's a lost cause, They're still going to buy the pack and then complain about it, they already did it with a pack called VAMPIRES.

Sad reality really, they just want the decore items. Seriously whatever happened to "I don't like this, so I'm not going to buy it?" Everything has to be a safe space these days. *Angrily yells at clouds*
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    Yes
    I long for the return of werewolves and genies!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,462 Member
    Yes

Sad reality really, they just want the decore items. Seriously whatever happened to "I don't like this, so I'm not going to buy it?" Everything has to be a safe space these days. *Angrily yells at clouds*

Haha, leave those poor clouds alone! It's not their fault. :D
    I do agree though. It is a little sad because yet again our dear occults will be burned at the stakes by the Decor People who couldn't resist.

But... at least we have kits now. So hopefully this means more Occult gameplay in the occult packs and all the decor in a kit. Sorted. Literally No One will complain about that. o:)

• MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Yes
    LittleFox2 wrote: »

Hoping for a world for Elves with some serious skills like Legolas.

Elves.jpg
    Elves-2.jpg

There definitely need to be an elf themed sims pack, you have High Elves, Wood Elves, Drow, Wild Elves, Aquatic Elves, Avariel, Eladrin, Shadar Kai, Lythari and Half Elves.

Don't forget the Svartálfar (dark/black elves) and Ljósálfar (light elves) from Norse Mythology as well. But yes, even if they couldn't incorporate all mythologies of all elves, as long as we had the ability to create all these kinds, I think it would make a great pack.

Drow are based on Svartálfar (dark/black elves) they're just the D&D equivalent and High Elves are based on the Ljósálfar (light elves), different names but same premise kind of deal.

Ah, okay. I don't play D&D since I wasn't quite sure what the inspiration behind those races are. But in that case, yes, we are talking about the same thing. :)

Sorry, TES was the first thing that just came to my mind. XD

Bethesda *knocks on door* "we would like our Dunmer and Altmer back!"
    Norse Mythology: "Tough, we created them first."
    EA: *eating popcorn while waiting for the fight*

LOL. I actually really love this imagine. xD

But... at least we have kits now. So hopefully this means more Occult gameplay in the occult packs and all the decor in a kit. Sorted. Literally No One will complain about that. o:)
    Yes, this is my hope too. They can literally even release the Kit at the same time as the Occult GP for all I care. If this means our occults won't be as hard to seek out or watered down, I'm all for it.

Yes

I do agree though. It is a little sad because yet again our dear occults will be burned at the stakes by the Decor People who couldn't resist.

Lol, I know I know, I'm too grumpy in the middle of the night. XD *apologises to clouds for yelling at them.*
    Yeah, it's always occults that are the first on the chopping block when it comes to nerfs, it's really unfair that a pack that costs $30.00 has over half of its content cut out because a bunch of people don't have any impulse control. Really would like a $20.00 refund since that's the amount of gameplay that got nerfed, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Yeah, as much as I don't like the idea of kits, I think splitting the decore from the core pack (while still keeping the decore in the pack so people don't have to pay double) is the best way to get around it, though I sware this is what a stuff pack was supposed to do, but oh well. I'm certain some people will still find a way to complain though. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    Yes

Lol, I know I know, I'm too grumpy in the middle of the night. XD *apologises to clouds for yelling at them.*
    Yeah, it's always occults that are the first on the chopping block when it comes to nerfs, it's really unfair that a pack that costs $30.00 has over half of its content cut out because a bunch of people don't have any impulse control. Really would like a $20.00 refund since that's the amount of gameplay that got nerfed, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Yeah, as much as I don't like the idea of kits, I think splitting the decore from the core pack (while still keeping the decore in the pack so people don't have to pay double) is the best way to get around it, though I sware this is what a stuff pack was supposed to do, but oh well. I'm certain some people will still find a way to complain though. :-/

This seems like something a Noob would do, they buy a whole pack that doesn't even fit their playstyle and then complain about it, you don't see us Sim Veterans acting that immature.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    Yes
    I still want a Sims 4 version of Fairies, Genies & Werewolves. I'm hoping for the day that I'll not still want to go back into Sims 3 Supernatural.
    Yes

This seems like something a Noob would do, they buy a whole pack that doesn't even fit their playstyle and then complain about it, you don't see us Sim Veterans acting that immature.

For sure, all the loud complaining and demands for toggles and/ or nerfs truly rings of people new to the games and the fanbase altogether, at least to me anyway.
  • SimmerWithCCSimmerWithCC Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes
    This was a surprisingly difficult decision, i see a lot of folk here saying no because they want other things, and if it was a one thing or the other thing sort of scenario, i would agree, id rather they focus on more gameplay. However since this is just more occult or no more occult, id like more. Preferably ones that don't take up so much skill and time like mastering vampirism or spellcasters. Something that you could still play normally, but are different to normal sims. Maybe they just have access to different skills? or have different needs? but not the whole tree of things. This is mainly because I'm a bit of a perfectionist and i don't want to play as a vampire or a spellcaster (not sure about mermaids, i don't have that pack) unless i master the full experience, which takes a lot of time and gets in the way of normal gameplay
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    Yes
    I understand the desire for the decor and even the towns (when included) without having to have the gameplay. I HATED the zombies in Sims 3. But there was no way I wasn't going to buy that pack. LOL It's not that hard for the game to give us toggles to shut off whatever lifestates we don't want to appear in our game, regardless of the reason. I don't agree with nerfing the occults once released. We paid for what the product had to offer. Changing it AFTER they have our money is unethical. But a simple lifestate toggle really ought to be a no-brainer for EA. It harms no one. Depending on what kind of story I'm telling in my game I might want just faires and humans. Or I might want just vampires and humans. Or maybe vampires and werewolves along with humans and go all Underworld. LOL Maybe I want JUST the rare genie! I would definitely like to have the ability to have ONLY those Sims I have created and placed be occults.

One of my all time favorite Sims 3 games was the one when I had my vampire learn alchemy and then she went around robbing literally everyone else (especially the witches who kept casting pesky spells on her!) of their occult powers. It was delicious. LOL We need that back!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes

For sure, all the loud complaining and demands for toggles and/ or nerfs truly rings of people new to the games and the fanbase altogether, at least to me anyway.
    I'd take toggles over nerfs. I actually didn't mind them in the Sims 3 for storytelling. Like there are some stories that don't have to turn into Twilight. I am actually very open with my parents letting them know what is in my Sims games since I started playing the first game as a teen. I figure good to let them know what kind of media I am using. My mom really enjoyed the corgis in the game. She watches me play and build sometimes. Even understands how I like to set things on fire sometimes. Sims got me through a lot of tough times, so she never minded I saved my money to buy the games. Now I still enjoy them even as an adult.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited April 2021
    Yes
    This is so funny.
    It is a little sad because yet again our dear occults will be burned at the stakes by the Decor People who couldn't resist.
    Leave the poor "Decor People" alone. 😂 How does anyone know it's even them?

@Scobre I also agree that toggles over nerfs is best. Yet, things always get nerfed and/or changed because people will always complain about things in every pack that is released. It is the inevitable.
    I'd take toggles over nerfs.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2021
    Yes
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    This is so funny.
    It is a little sad because yet again our dear occults will be burned at the stakes by the Decor People who couldn't resist.
    Leave the poor "Decor People" alone. 😂 How does anyone know its even them?

@Scobre I also agree that toggles over nerfs is best. Yet, things always get nerfed and or changed because people will always complain about things in every pack that is released. It is the inevitable
    I'd take toggles over nerfs.
    Eh oh well. Sims 4 would end development if they listened to everyone that wanted to nerf the Sims 4 and remove gameplay completely. Actually what has been happening past 7 years..... so maybe they need to change their marketing approach to actually be inclusive rather than exclusive with their content. Because being exclusive is hurting the game more than helping it. It is one thing for EA to claim to be inclusive, it is another thing to actually act upon it to even get on par with majority of games these days.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Yes
    Yes! Vampire and Magic powers are so fun to torment Sims with (I love spamming Hallucination as a vampire and freezing and burning Sims as a magic user). If there's a new occult with a unique way to torment someone, then I'd be all for it. I haven't tried Mermaids yet but I feel the only power they have interests me is the ability to summon a thunderstorm: random emotional strife for my household is something I adore.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    Yes
    Would love more supernatural beings/creatures and hope they come with a tree
    It would be great if there were toggles so those who just want the CAS and/or build/buy items can turn them off
    Would love fae this includes elves, gnomes & leprechauns shifters/weres, dragon, phoenix, kitsune and other mythical/ supernatural creatures/ beings
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Yes
    Occults are not 'niche' when a good 75% of the voting quality wants more. Obviously not everybody wants every occult, but they are incredibly popular. I'll admit there's people who don't want any occults but these are also the very vocal realistic people who think daily dusting constantly is fun too.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Yes
    Loanet wrote: »
    Occults are not 'niche' when a good 75% of the voting quality wants more. Obviously not everybody wants every occult, but they are incredibly popular. I'll admit there's people who don't want any occults but these are also the very vocal realistic people who think daily dusting constantly is fun too.

Exactly, you can't argue with facts.
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Yes
    Loanet wrote: »

100% agreed.