Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Implementation of CC for console players - idea

Console players are a huge part of full-fledged TS4 customers. Due to that I think that EA should pay more attention for this part of community, because I feel that we are a little bit left out (for example we have not any game changers). Thats why I want to start this thread and I want to share with you and (hopefully) EA my idea, how to implement CC for console.

1. Official packs/kits made by CC creator.

In Cities: Skylines some of packs (Cities: Skylines - Content Creator Pack) are made fully by modders and that expansions are cheaper than the regular one. I think that it is a nice way to support modders and make them more visible in the community.

2. Official patches (with collaboration of CC creators)

Something similar as it was in February but with the possibility to switch off BB or CAS content if someone is not interested in it.

3. Official CC platform

TESO Skyrim has an interesting system which support mods for console. I think that something similar can be also made for The Sims 4.

4. CC Gallery

Mods and CC can be a part of The Gallery. I guess that it will be something similat to above, but in this case CC will be available for PC players also and the content can be monitoring and testing by EA team.

Comments

• Options
    StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    I'm personally really worried about the lag that this would cause the game. It's not the best on previous gen consoles and I don't see if improving any time soon if it even can. So I don't know, I'm in two minds about it.
  • Options
    AntwerpoAntwerpo Posts: 90 Member
    Not a fan of the idea. For instance I hate vampires and I have to delete the game from PS4 and reinstall without vampires. If I have to that for every CC when it causes problems with the game's stability it would become a nightmare to delete CC content each time
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Sime time ago I found that FS has it's own Mod Pack for console. In my opinion, if EA made something like this it would be awesome move, because this pack could be downloaded only by people which want to have an official CC.

Przechwytywanie.png

• Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I think something like this would be good after the games finished once it's had all its updates, because console can't go deep in its files for cc, CC is known to break games if not deleted by patches and CC has nothing to do with EA so they don't owe us this, basically if you use it, its at your own risk
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I think something like this would be good after the games finished once it's had all its updates, because console can't go deep in its files for cc, CC is known to break games if not deleted by patches and CC has nothing to do with EA so they don't owe us this, basically if you use it, its at your own risk

The PC version of the game automatically disables CC Mods when it is updated. You have to actively choose to reenable it, knowing full well that any mods you haven't updated might break your game. I would think that setting would work fine for console as well.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods