Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Successful Autonomous Dates

Howdy all!

I was wondering if anyone has ever had a successful autonomous date in the Sims 4. In all the years I've been playing, my fully autonomous dates always end with "Don't call me ever" So, I'm guessing this is one of those Sim things that aren't supposed to be fully autonomous or maybe I've just been really unlucky. Has anyone had a successful one?

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Not me. Dates are definitely situations where one must take full control of one's sims. Sims can even get a negative sentiment towards each other if the date goes poorly.
  • LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    Yeah, it's really too bad. It would be nice if it were a possibility. Base it off compatible traits or something.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited April 2021
    my Olive Specter just had lovely successful date after Grim Reaper called her :blush:

I mean it was raining and they went to beach wedding venue i made for my other household use before but they had lovely time talking some and making sandcastles and such

sometimes it do get ridiculous though cause other sims keep interrupting so u can't get your sim to interact enough

like that one time morgyn asked my sim to glitchy cafe date just to tell him they dun like him :<
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I want to live in your save now.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    The only time I had a negative conclusion to an autonomous date was when my Sim basically ignored their date. When I want to make sure the date goes really well, I have my Sim do all the things they would do on a non-autonomous date, like flirt, have deep conversations, make jokes, and kiss.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    The only time I had a negative conclusion to an autonomous date was when my Sim basically ignored their date. When I want to make sure the date goes really well, I have my Sim do all the things they would do on a non-autonomous date, like flirt, have deep conversations, make jokes, and kiss.

Same here. Some of my sims are not the monogamous type, so I don't often try much (or any, depending on who it is) to please the one who invited them on the date. After all, sometimes it's just for woohoo or something. ;) Sometimes such dates fail (which is fine by the ones who don't want relationships anyway), but sometimes the one who asked them out inexplicably acts like it was the best date ever, lol.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    I always play autonomous. It's more fun when they do unexpected things.

My characters have only had a couple bad dates, but I think that's only been when they accepted a date from another Sim.

Most of their dates go well. Then you get a list of things to make them do to earn the reward. If you do those things, the date will succeed for sure. I don't always do everything though, because they don't need that many ice buckets.

I think the most important thing is to have them do a lot of talking, at least 10 friendly interactions per date. As long as you get a lot of talking in, you shouldn't get the "Don't call me ever" comment.

BTW, even if you get the "Don't call me ever" comment, the other sim will still date your sim again.

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'm not sure if you mean a date where you leave the sims to be autonomous (no I don't think it will work) or a date where someone else askes you on a date (yes it works). On the latter case it's super important that you fill out the goal of socializing 10 times even when it's not showing on the screen. I forget about it sometimes myself and yeah it's annoying, but as long as you socialize at least 10 times it's a success.
  • LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    edited April 2021
    musteni wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you mean a date where you leave the sims to be autonomous (no I don't think it will work) or a date where someone else askes you on a date (yes it works). On the latter case it's super important that you fill out the goal of socializing 10 times even when it's not showing on the screen. I forget about it sometimes myself and yeah it's annoying, but as long as you socialize at least 10 times it's a success.

Yep, I mean full autonomy. Have your sim go on the date and don't click any dialog. None at all. just sit back and watch the outcome.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Lazzial wrote: »
    musteni wrote: »

Yep, I mean full autonomy. Have your sim go on the date and don't click any dialog. None at all. just sit back and watch the outcome.

Ohhhh. I completely misunderstood the scenario. I don't think I've ever tried that, and I don't know why. :open_mouth: I'll have to get right on it.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)