Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations might be REALLY coming soon (speculation)

13...Next

Comments

• OrangemonOrangemon Posts: 16 Member
    > @TheGreatGorlon said:
    > Another thing to go back and research is Snowy Escape if you believe that the Game Changers inadvertently hint about stuff. Snowy was really the first pack where there was heavy collaboration with influencers to do the builds and make the world ...

It did seem for Snowy Escape that the Game Changers/Influencers did more for the pack than the developers did themselves. Yes we had absolutely stunning build items and a change of scenery. But It was scant on new features. Yes we had things like skiing but it was shallow like watching an animation from a mobile game or an online lotto card even.

Generations speaks to me more as a feature intensive pack. It's something that has the potential to be so pervasive to the game and current packs that a risky developer would consider it a major relaunching update to the base game to attract people back rather than sell it as an expansion at all.

We can all make wish-lists for the activities for each generation but I do wonder how much of it will be rabbit holes, rather than advancing the series.
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    Orangemon wrote: »
    > @TheGreatGorlon said:
    > Another thing to go back and research is Snowy Escape if you believe that the Game Changers inadvertently hint about stuff. Snowy was really the first pack where there was heavy collaboration with influencers to do the builds and make the world ...

It did seem for Snowy Escape that the Game Changers/Influencers did more for the pack than the developers did themselves. Yes we had absolutely stunning build items and a change of scenery. But It was scant on new features. Yes we had things like skiing but it was shallow like watching an animation from a mobile game or an online lotto card even.

Generations speaks to me more as a feature intensive pack. It's something that has the potential to be so pervasive to the game and current packs that a risky developer would consider it a major relaunching update to the base game to attract people back rather than sell it as an expansion at all.

We can all make wish-lists for the activities for each generation but I do wonder how much of it will be rabbit holes, rather than advancing the series.

If so, and I really hope this is the case, might be a good way for them to relaunch the game and try to fix it.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited March 2021
    CelSims wrote: »
    KokoaMilk wrote: »

In the end, about Snowy Escape: there were several CC creators (and also Game Changers) that created asian related contents prior to knowing about Snowy Escape (Felixandre, for example).
    And to add more: when we just were speculating over the icon of the Batuu pack, some Game Changers were discovered hinting at a space pack way before we knew it was about space in their tumblr, with both quotes and CC space-related.

And one of the GC's who created the SE lots leaked it on their live stream too. I still feel bad for the person who pointed that out and got jumped on by the fan boys swearing they had photoshopped a fake picture.

And she got blocked from the GC too😆😆 after being a long time excited fan and follower, doing what any excited fan would do. I lost my respect after that.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Generations ? Nope !

After Parenthood, it should be Childhood !

I actually don't want "anything" for parents if we get generations. They literally have everything. I too want this to be super childhood focused😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited March 2021
    Deligracy usually builds mansion.
    Generations was a cool pack, hope we get one for TS4. Though I do wish EA would stop listening only to Gamechangers. If they bring something up, they decide it is a problem and listen to them, they need to spend more time on the forums and see what we want here, not just listen to them🙄

I find this to be common with dev teams.. for some reason they give their ears to other places other than the forum which the brunt of their playerbase congregates at.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Vehicles, Garages and Driveways should come to TS4 Generations.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

In the end, about Snowy Escape: there were several CC creators (and also Game Changers) that created asian related contents prior to knowing about Snowy Escape (Felixandre, for example).
    And to add more: when we just were speculating over the icon of the Batuu pack, some Game Changers were discovered hinting at a space pack way before we knew it was about space in their tumblr, with both quotes and CC space-related.

And one of the GC's who created the SE lots leaked it on their live stream too. I still feel bad for the person who pointed that out and got jumped on by the fan boys swearing they had photoshopped a fake picture.

One of the reasons why I don't like that GC. Don't think they even apologized or told their followers to stop sending hate to the person who was being attacked on twitter. Just shameful.

It's really funny too how most of them got to play with the pack's stuff way in advance to make their builds but they all did a "first reaction" video to the pack. It's all so staged.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

One of the reasons why I don't like that GC. Don't think they even apologized or told their followers to stop sending hate to the person who was being attacked on twitter. Just shameful.

It's really funny too how most of them got to play with the pack's stuff way in advance to make their builds but they all did a "first reaction" video to the pack. It's all so staged.

YES. I just skip those fake first reaction vid because they are so staged... they all know way before.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member

And she got blocked from the GC too😆😆 after being a long time excited fan and follower, doing what any excited fan would do. I lost my respect after that.

Who was the game changer if you don’t mind my asking?
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    EdithV wrote: »

Who was the game changer if you don’t mind my asking?

Little S.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I completely agree I really hope cars are patched in before generations or a pack with cars comes before generations if not it better be in generations because cars are a huge thing for teenagers would work well for midlife crises for adults who need the most expensive sports car to relive their youth. It would be so horrible to not have them at all.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I completely agree I really hope cars are patched in before generations or a pack with cars comes before generations if not it better be in generations because cars are a huge thing for teenagers would work well for midlife crises for adults who need the most expensive sports car to relive their youth. It would be so horrible to not have them at all.

Eh is this an american thing? In my country you can't get a license until you are 18. And public transport is good so it was never a big deal to me or my friends. It's not something I personally think of when I think about generations.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'd enjoy them, it's just not the pack to add them for me.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member

Eh is this an american thing? In my country you can't get a license until you are 18. And public transport is good so it was never a big deal to me or my friends. It's not something I personally think of when I think about generations.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'd enjoy them, it's just not the pack to add them for me.

In my US city teens age 15 1/2 can get their learner's permit and start practicing driving as long as there is an adult legally licensed driver in the front seat with them. And where I live personally, we don't have much public transportation, we have a city bus that stops at certain places but it doesn't have stops at every major area, mainly just downtown, which is downtown and not residential. So teens here are excited to be old enough to start driving!
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

In my US city teens age 15 1/2 can get their learner's permit and start practicing driving as long as there is an adult legally licensed driver in the front seat with them. And where I live personally, we don't have much public transportation, we have a city bus that stops at certain places but it doesn't have stops at every major area, mainly just downtown, which is downtown and not residential. So teens here are excited to be old enough to start driving!

15 1/2 oof, I find that quite terrifying lol. There's no way I would have let my sons start driving so young, for my own sanity xD
    edited April 2021

15 1/2 oof, I find that quite terrifying lol. There's no way I would have let my sons start driving so young, for my own sanity xD

In Italy you can drive a car when you get 18 y.o. but you can drive a scooter with a displacement of the vehicle of maximum 50 at 14 y.o.
    But there are now certain citycars which are electric that are drivable from 14 y.o. as they are scooters.
  • renamed250420211402renamed250420211402 Posts: 13 New Member
    > @Babykittyjade said:
    > And she got blocked from the GC too😆😆 after being a long time excited fan and follower, doing what any excited fan would do. I lost my respect after that.

Not to mention one of their own twitch moderators also dogpilled the fan :smile:
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    blackbimbo wrote: »
    > @Babykittyjade said:
    > And she got blocked from the GC too😆😆 after being a long time excited fan and follower, doing what any excited fan would do. I lost my respect after that.

Not to mention one of their own twitch moderators also dogpilled the fan :smile:
    Wow that game changer sounds horrible not only did she allow one of her fans to be attacked to cover up her own mistake she had her mods do it for her pretty sick.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited April 2021
    Generations ? Nope !

After Parenthood, it should be Childhood !

Childhood? We already have packs dedicated to toddlers/children.
    Well with that logic we already have packs dedicated to adults I guess they can stop making this game.

@PlayerSinger2010
    I want a lot more childhood stuff.....
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Orangemon wrote: »
    > @TheGreatGorlon said:

I hate rabbit holes.....
  • Lilacsky22Lilacsky22 Posts: 43 Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > You should add photobooths and pillow fighting to that list. Slow dancing might come with a Generations Pack as well. that would be awesome! but look at what we are facing and dealing with....