Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask Me Anything, the game

Comments

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    No. I don't even think I own pajamas now.

Resistance bands are a wonderful tool: inexpensive; take up little space; won't break your finger if you drop two of them from one hand onto a rebounder and they bounce back up and together on your hand; plus you can customize range of motion and intensity, speed, and reps, and do a lot with them.

Same question.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Yeah, I'm thinking of buying a resistance band this weekend. :3

No, I don't own a pajamas.

Do you prefer cupcakes or muffins?
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Neither if they are commercially made, because in that case, the muffins have the same sugar as the cupcakes but nobody realizes that, and both are pretty gross.

but my own? Trying to think. Best cupcake, vs. best muffin. Muffins are basically cupcakes far less sweet (or not at all sweet, but savory) without frosting, often eaten hot or warm, with butter.

On rare occasions when I make cupcakes, I make the frosting from erythritol so it won't be a sugar-bomb, and only make mini-sized ones. Muffins are fine, but the cupcakes are something special. I guess when it comes to muffins, they're okay, but not dramatically better than if I had just spread the batter in a pan and baked them as something to cut into squares.

I like to make special cupcakes for adult Halloween festivities.

I have a question for anyone who can answer: I've never had jackfruit, and hubs brought home this 7 kilo one:

gufkq6Fl.jpg

Should we prepare it savory, as like a meat substitute, while unripe, or should we ripen it and have it as fruit? And...how do we know when it's ripe? Will it give off a scent? Right now it's hard as rock and scentless.
    Any advice welcome!

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited April 2021
    Blimey, that's a fruit?! It looks like some sort of meteor! :D

I'm afraid I know nothing about jackfruit (never had it before) but just had a browse out of curiosity and found this: https://www.elephantasticvegan.com/vegan-jackfruit-recipes/

Hope this is useful.

Am surprised at how many savoury dishes can be done with fruit. I always used to think of fruit as a sweet dish.

Questions, let's see... keeping on a food theme, what's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten?
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,275 Member
    Surströmming, maybe? Fermented, very stinky, herring.

Do you have good neighbours?
    cUrfGkA.gif
    Neither if they are commercially made, because in that case, the muffins have the same sugar as the cupcakes but nobody realizes that, and both are pretty gross.

but my own? Trying to think. Best cupcake, vs. best muffin. Muffins are basically cupcakes far less sweet (or not at all sweet, but savory) without frosting, often eaten hot or warm, with butter.

On rare occasions when I make cupcakes, I make the frosting from erythritol so it won't be a sugar-bomb, and only make mini-sized ones. Muffins are fine, but the cupcakes are something special. I guess when it comes to muffins, they're okay, but not dramatically better than if I had just spread the batter in a pan and baked them as something to cut into squares.

I like to make special cupcakes for adult Halloween festivities.

I have a question for anyone who can answer: I've never had jackfruit, and hubs brought home this 7 kilo one:

gufkq6Fl.jpg

Should we prepare it savory, as like a meat substitute, while unripe, or should we ripen it and have it as fruit? And...how do we know when it's ripe? Will it give off a scent? Right now it's hard as rock and scentless.
    Any advice welcome!

I prefer to eat jackfruit as a fruit. To know when it's ripe, it should be a bit soft, like the 'sp.ikes' wouldn't feel super firm or hard. And most probably it will be more yellow.
    Cororon wrote: »
    Surströmming, maybe? Fermented, very stinky, herring.

Do you have good neighbours?

Only one family.

Do you usually go to sleep around the same time?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Been trying to. I keep slipping into a midnight-to 6:30, then take a prescription, then sleep until maybe 8, schedule. I am trying to make it more like a 22:00 -6:00 sleep schedule but it just keeps on going back to midnight-to-six, then (usually) try to sleep some more because I realize 6 hours isn't optimal at all, even though it feels like it's enough.

What's your favorite food that was exotic and new, to you?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Hmm, can't think of any right now.

Have you ever tried french fries in ice cream before?
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited April 2021
    I have. With a Wendy's Vanilla Frosty. Pretty good.

What is something that you wish you had more time for?
    Post edited by Arkane on
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
    Painting!! :)

Same question.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    that's a huge question. I guess right now, more time alone with hubs when neither of us is stressed or tired or preoccupied, would be great.

Scene: I finish pouring, set the bottle down as ice settles, crackling, in two glasses. The vinyl is turning. The needle is gently lowered.

What starts playing?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Music...?

Do you cut your own hair?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Negative.

What is something that you enjoy doing by yourself, that could also be done with other people? (if you so choose)
    Potential Is Everything

XYeo1vn.png
    Talking. LOL.

Do you have any non commonpet peeves?
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yes. I can’t play video game without noise. At the very least I need to but some music or a video or show in the background if the computer noise isn’t working. It’s only video games. I can easily go without noise in other situations

Same question
    When people waste my time.

What made you smile recently?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Random internet video compilations

What was the last video that you watched that really grabbed your attention?
    Potential Is Everything

XYeo1vn.png
    this one demonstrating the joys of instant karma and a very well-executed headbutt:

https://youtu.be/2O_HRrgOKNc
    DeKay wrote: »
    Music...?
    @DeKay of course, music, silly. :D I'm gonna try again, with a slight rewording for clarity:

Scene: I finish pouring, set the bottle down as ice settles, crackling, in two glasses. The vinyl is turning. The needle is gently lowered.

What SONG starts playing?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I think it depends slightly on what's in the bottle. But I pictured either this:
    https://youtu.be/fFtGfyruroU
    or this:
    https://youtu.be/_CI-0E_jses

Do you like watching/ reading/ listening to comedy?
    Only watch.

Do you listen to podcasts?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Absolutely. Been a Minute with Sam Sanders, Your Daily Drive, What a Day, sometimes Slow Russian but I haven't followed it in a while, not sure why. A few others, mostly news. I dislike the ones about pop culture and celebrity gossip, and I don't give a rip about TV shows.

@WhatCobblers I liked your choices, and agree, it would matter what's in the glass.

I'll pour whatever you like: what are you having?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    :D I don't drink alcohol so it's a ginger beer or a cola for me please. (This sounds like an idea for a thread, a virtual bar).

What song/s can you not resist dancing to whenever they play?
    :D I don't drink alcohol so it's a ginger beer or a cola for me please. (This sounds like an idea for a thread, a virtual bar).

What song/s can you not resist dancing to whenever they play?

We have that in common, now... I do enjoy it, but quit both that, and coffee, because I didn't like seeing my blood pressure in the 140/85 range, or how I felt. Happy to say it was 128/78 at an appointment, so I'll keep making the healthier choices.
    I don't often drink anything carbonated either, but in the spirit of a shared beverage to enjoy, may I introduce you to the pleasures of Live Kombucha Cola? I've also tried the root beer and "Doctor" and they are all very good, 8 grams sugar per bottle, plus live kombucha benefits.

d0T9ln6l.png

Cheers!

A lot of music gets me up out of my chair or makes me drop everything and dance, much of it from TrapNation, Monstercat Uncaged, Dubstepgutter.
    But I still can't hold still hearing Low by Flo-Rida, or a lot of Stevie Wonder.

Susurro Riddim by LastMonday (it's too bad the choreography and dance in the video are kind of on "Easy setting" but the artist isn't as great a dancer, so what...)

https://youtu.be/jXckizn5yAI

One of the few newer discoveries I've made that I still really enjoy even after listening to it too much, is Overwerk. Especially Tocatta:

https://youtu.be/ycfM6XGBE30

I also have really liked Sullivan King, Sum41, and Wildways in the past couple of years but I'm trying to listen to more upbeat things lately, purposefully because depression is a thing.

Great question and would love to hear the same from you or anyone else, so same question.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited April 2021
    Cheers! Cool. Have never tried kombucha and cola combined before.

One song that always makes me want to dance is this:
    https://youtu.be/VFZNvj-HfBU

I'm a bit of a Eurovision fan. 😁

Yes, upbeat music is definitely good for lifting spirits. I'll often listen to some quite cheesy sounding disco music just because it makes me grin and also energises me. Songs from musicals work well too, e.g. The Press Conference Rag from Chicago.

I don't really get up and dance so much as bob where I'm sitting (1: I'm lazy when it comes to that sort of thing, 2: I can't dance, 3: most of the times I listen to music is when I'm driving to work). But another one that energises me is this:
    https://youtu.be/Ud7mYAI4Vtk

What songs can you not resist singing along to?
    Post edited by WhatCobblers on
    I love singing so I pretty much sing to any of my fav songs. Right now, I sing White Flag by Normandie a lot. (It's also playing right now as I speak.)

What keeps you up at night?
    FwDXXd5.gif