Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Traits matter a bit more than I thought...

I found this article about the clumsy trait in TS4 mentioning that clumsy sims will need more time to get promoted in the astronaut or athletic careers. I tested this statement ingame with otherwise identical sims, one had the family-oriented trait instead. I have not seen this anywhere else online, surprisingly. Did you know that? Because clumsy is always labelled as a trait with little effect on gameplay.
Let children ride bikes! Let sims have actual one-sided relationships!

Comments

• thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    edited April 2021
    Recently, the devs have made a handful of adjustments to the base game traits. Having them barely documented gives us these surprises.
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Recently, the devs have made a handful of adjustments to the base game traits. Having them barely documented gives us these surprises.

I would have actually liked an explanation of how they adjusted the traits. I think by not saying anything it's sort of covering their tracks in terms of, "If we don't specify what we did, players can't complain if it doesn't work properly".
  • thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    Well, yes. I am neither praising nor criticizing it, though. I'm just pointing out the surprises that can either be good or bad depending on how they affect the game and the player's play style.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    If you're looking for more of this kind of trait's behaviour you should try traitoverhaul mod by Bienchen (if you're ok with using mods). It does exactly this. Each trait will raise certain skills faster or slower depending on it's nature. Sims with a specific trait will also do better or worse at certain careers.
  • xXPandoraXxxXPandoraXx Posts: 28 Member
    Oh, there's a mod for that? I didn't know that! I will try it out, would love stronger traits in the game.
    Let children ride bikes! Let sims have actual one-sided relationships!