Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Genuine question for those who dislike TS4

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Let me preface by saying that I have been playing the Sims since 2000. My response is this, people who truly do not like to play the game don't buy packs and don't bother to come here to complain. When you see people complaining, harshly criticizing, or posting their negativity in other people's posts, you can safely assume they are trolls, good old-fashioned trolls who are bored and are looking for attention. Since no one gets attention being positive anymore anywhere, people starving for attention have to use negative tactics to get it. If you see someone posting about one or two little things that they find wrong, like babies being objects, those players (I assume) are not unhappy enough to quit playing and so they mildly complain about things they authentically want to see changed. But these people you see get on hear and rant about every little thing they see wrong and write it out as if they are speaking for everyone, those are TROLLS. Trolls, as with most other people without morals or respect will not respond to you here because they do not truly care about anything that would take the attention away from them.
    I don't know been told by SimVIP before that lying and being positive like them is starving for attention and wanting to be an influencer just like them. I find the fan girls the most amusing like watching boy band fans fighting with each other saying they are the only entitled ones to exist. I got told when entering a giveaway I was taking attention from them winning the game. Followers tend to only want to follow the big streamers and Youtubers for attention. People enter Spark'd challenges for attention and to be on the show. Trolls are bullies period and blaming being on a side is an excuse of just acting like a bad person. I don't care how someone feels about the game, if they are a bigot towards diversity aka different and emotions that makes them just a bad human being period. Deligracy got trolled by these so called positive people all for having a different opinion telling Gurus to replace her with them. Sometimes I think EA's jobs in marketing plan backfired bad on them. Usually it is the fan girls that yell the loudest for Gurus to do a notice me senpei during streams. But thanks for the giggles. Makes me glad to not be a game changer. Why I had to tell James that I think he is nice but his fans scare me for how they treated his girlfriend. Jealous little fans.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited April 2021
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    I get so bored of the people that whine about "I spent 700 dollars of my own money willingly on this game and I'm mad! EA owes me! I bought every single pack on release for full price by choice knowing it doesnt interest me and will be lacklustre and now I feel ripped off! But I will still buy every single other pack they put out and then complain about how EA is stealing my money!"

Or, ya know, you could just stop reading and find a different thread to read.

On the opposite end of that spectrum, what you just said annoys me. And usually I wouldn't engage with you, but I think it's important to point out that you came into this thread where everyone has been polite and giving their reasons except for you. You felt the need to belittle people.

??? I think you've misunderstood my comment entirely, I wasn't talking about anyone in this thread. If it came across as belittling or mocking people here that really wasn't my intention at all, it was just a joke inspired by the start of this video

https://youtu.be/KjBU92ag_m0
  • CausingNickel0CausingNickel0 Posts: 20 Member
    Because some of use have played The Sims since childhood and we got used to that. The Sims was always part of my weekly routine. Even if the game is poor now (it is) I keep playing that. Why do I buy packs? The launch of TS5 depends on the financial results of TS4. If the game weren’t sold well, the franchise would be discontinued. That’s why I support the franchise. Because I strongly believe that TS5 will be much better. Sims 4 is trash for me. I’m more into gameplay than building and the current game has nothing to offer to me. Every time I buy new pack I keep my fingers crossed, but I’m always disappointed. It takes me about 4-5 hours to go through the game pack for TS4, while for TS3 it took me months. Look at World Adventures. This was tremendous and I’m sure that most of people even didn’t complete all the quests in that pack because of how reach the gameplay was. Amen.
    edited April 2021
    As of February, there are 33 million players for the Sims 4 after going from Origin to Steam.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-sims-4/steam-player-count

Also I miss informative information like this.

Also he pointed out how the community is treated:

I kind of wish Gurus were allowed to show more candor like this. Sad even they get censored a lot by the vocal majority of Sims fans on Twitter.

End of the day we are all just the bottom line to EA. The fallacy of yibsims still is the most destructive thing in the Sims community that started near the end of the Sims 3 and hasn't gone away completely with the Sims 4.

Also interesting for an iteration that is supposed to be the most emotional Sims game yet, interesting how much apathy exists in the Sims 4 community and how hard it has been to take away from the game itself and put empathy into the game again.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apathy

What it is: "Apathy is a lack of feeling, emotion, interest, or concern about something. It is a state of indifference, or the suppression of emotions such as concern, excitement, motivation, or passion. An apathetic individual has an absence of interest in or concern about emotional, social, spiritual, philosophical, virtual, or physical life and the world. Apathy is something that all people face in some capacity and is a natural response to disappointment, dejection, and stress. As a response, apathy is a way to forget about these negative feelings. This type of common apathy is usually felt only in the short term, but sometimes it becomes a long-term or even lifelong state, often leading to deeper social and psychological issues."

Why I view being called positive a worst insult because it means I have lost my humanity, so I rather have my emotions and Sims have theirs back too.

Sims originally was designed after this hierarchy of needs:
    https://www.simplypsychology.org/maslow.html#gsc.tab=0

So interesting how psychology in the game has effected the community. I found majority of Sims 4 players face some emotional medical issue too, so Sims 4 isn't the most healthy medical treatment. That is why it is so important to get it back to its roots so Simmers are happy again and there is a community again. Until then, apathy will continue until the hierarchy is restored.

Toxic positivity never helps anyone especially for those dealing with mental and social health concerns:
    https://www.communitypsychiatry.com/what-is-toxic-positivity-heres-why-its-not-always-healthy-to-look-on-the-bright-side/
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Let me preface by saying that I have been playing the Sims since 2000. My response is this, people who truly do not like to play the game don't buy packs and don't bother to come here to complain. When you see people complaining, harshly criticizing, or posting their negativity in other people's posts, you can safely assume they are trolls, good old-fashioned trolls who are bored and are looking for attention. Since no one gets attention being positive anymore anywhere, people starving for attention have to use negative tactics to get it. If you see someone posting about one or two little things that they find wrong, like babies being objects, those players (I assume) are not unhappy enough to quit playing and so they mildly complain about things they authentically want to see changed. But these people you see get on hear and rant about every little thing they see wrong and write it out as if they are speaking for everyone, those are TROLLS. Trolls, as with most other people without morals or respect will not respond to you here because they do not truly care about anything that would take the attention away from them.

I don't play the game regularly, don't buy many packs anymore, and I still complain the game. Why? Because I have hundreds of hours of playtime and have every right to criticize the game. I don't think I'm a "troll" or seeking attention. I honestly just want to see the game get better.

Tbh, your comment is a bit rude.
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    I'd disagree with the statement that people who are complaining are trolls and only looking for attention. Yes some are but take me for example, while I enjoy the Sims 4 I have some serious issues with things I'd like to see fixed or removed.

Yes there are people who legit just complain about the game because it wasn't what they wanted, but on the other hand grahams comment above about making a thousand packs and not making everybody happy is kinda blind to game development sequels and is very telling. Anytime a sequel game is made and it drops a ton of features a previous entry introduce, people are going to complain.

Its kind of like buying a car in 2002 with a bunch of new features, only to buy a new car in 2012 and not only did they (not upgrade previous features) but removed the previous features entirely. 2002 model had heating? Not the 2012 model!

For a lot of people they feel S4 is a downgrade and when they make posts like saying "1000 packs wouldn't make everybody happy) it ignores the underlying issues most people had with so many basic features from previous games like toddlers being the biggest.

Now with regards to people who buy packs, I think for some of them they expect them to improve or fix there issues, or to add more game play to make the game more interesting - or honestly they are addicted to buying sims content (yes thats a thing) because it becomes like an impulse. Only to be disappointed its not what they got.

I think really what people don't get is that the Sims 4 was never designed originally to be a sequel to Sims 3 but an online game, which was than cancelled and the development team moved onto the Sims 4 but their mindset was still in the previous games development cycle. Its like when you have a song in your head and despite listening to a new song, your mind keeps coming back to it.
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited April 2021
    I'm confused by the question as I'm not sure such an individual exists. At least, I doubt it's many. If by "don't like", you actually mean "criticize", then this is easily answerable. For starters, they don't mean the same thing. If you actually meant a genuine dislike for the game, then I'm back to the previous point. I would imagine there's a lot of people that dislike certain parts of the game or dislike that TS4 is an obvious downgrade, but still manage to make do. Me, personally, I'm disappointed with numerous aspects of the game, but when I got into modding it, I started having tons of fun with a lot of stories that have entertained me. But I can still name aspects of it I do enjoy very much (the graphics, smoother animation, CAS, multi-tasking, etc).

But until I see it, I can't imagine someone who genuinely dislikes the game in all its entirety and then continues to play and support it full-price.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    Why did you keep playing,? Or still buy the new packs?..

Just curious to know and im not actually asking in a malicious way I truly wants to know what keeps you buying and playing ?

Who says I play it or buy the packs? Shouldn’t make assumptions.

—T
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Also, people don’t tend to sit on the sites of things they hate. I hate Brussels sprouts, I don’t go on to all the veggie forums to tell people how much I hate them.

It’s actually quite the opposite. I critique this game because I do like it and I want it to be better. I don’t have to support the game financially to do speak my mind freely.

—T
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Also, people don’t tend to sit on the sites of things they hate. I hate Brussels sprouts, I don’t go on to all the veggie forums to tell people how much I hate them.

It’s actually quite the opposite. I critique this game because I do like it and I want it to be better. I don’t have to support the game financially to do speak my mind freely.

—T

Aaaaah this I will disagree with, I've seen enough people walk into steam forums and complain about games they have never owned, plan to own and yet spend weeks arguing with people or complaining about a game they truly have no interest in but "claim" to be interested in except it fails in every way they want even though they never played it (but watched videos whatever). This is less trolling and more people basically being plumbob oh bobs for the sake of plumming...yes I actually typed plum lol.
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    I think that *most* people who really don't enjoy the game just don't play it. I have heavily played all the sims games since 2 (I've played the original sims but only when I went to friends houses). When 4 came out, I was STOKED. I played it for 5 hours at launch and...put it down and didn't touch it. My husband would even bring up to me that new expansions had come out, but I wasn't interested because I thought the game was a downgrade (not having toddlers was big to me!)
    When Cats and Dogs came out, I finally gave it another shot. I've been playing it since then. I enjoy the game now. I still alternate between 2, 3, and 4 depending on what playstyle I'm feeling. Ultimately, I think the people who come to the forums are probably some of the more invested sims fans, which just comes with stronger opinions.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited April 2021
    I don't hate TS4, I just don't LOVE it. .

This. I think a lot of people don't understand that this is not either black or white. It's not you either love the game or you hate it completely. People who share their critcism here aren't necessarily haters or dislike the game 100%. But a lot of people seem to assume that when they see a thread with criticism and are like "Just unistall the game if you don't like it" and so on.
    And I'm like, no this is not what it's about though...
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I don't hate TS4, I just don't LOVE it. .

This. I think a lot of people don't understand that this is not either black or white. It's not you either love the gamer or you hate it completely. People who share their critcism here aren't necessarily haters or dislike the game 100%. But a lot of people seem to assume that when they see a thread with criticism and are like "Just unistall the game if you don't like it" and so on.
    And I'm like, no this is not what it's about though...
    I find many people have this attitude about complaints in general. I've been called negative (not here) for being upset I was almost killed by an event instead of simply being glad I'm not dead. For the life in me, I don't understand this concept so many people have that multiple feelings can't exist simultaneously.

It's 100% possible to like Sims 4 and still have gripes about it. It's also possible to dislike the game, but still like certain aspects of it. Humans don't run on only one feeling.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

I don't know been told by SimVIP before that lying and being positive like them is starving for attention and wanting to be an influencer just like them. I find the fan girls the most amusing like watching boy band fans fighting with each other saying they are the only entitled ones to exist. I got told when entering a giveaway I was taking attention from them winning the game. Followers tend to only want to follow the big streamers and Youtubers for attention. People enter Spark'd challenges for attention and to be on the show. Trolls are bullies period and blaming being on a side is an excuse of just acting like a bad person. I don't care how someone feels about the game, if they are a bigot towards diversity aka different and emotions that makes them just a bad human being period. Deligracy got trolled by these so called positive people all for having a different opinion telling Gurus to replace her with them. Sometimes I think EA's jobs in marketing plan backfired bad on them. Usually it is the fan girls that yell the loudest for Gurus to do a notice me senpei during streams. But thanks for the giggles. Makes me glad to not be a game changer. Why I had to tell James that I think he is nice but his fans scare me for how they treated his girlfriend. Jealous little fans.

Oh my gosh, Deli is being picked on? I like her with James! They're so cute together! Those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 need to get their own boyfriends!!!

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member

Initially I had no desire to participate in this thread because OP’s question is directed at those who “dislike” the game.

I do not dislike it, in fact I enjoy it, even though there are plenty of elements in TS4 that bug me and I will continue to give feedback about these issues as long as I play this game.

What I’ve seen on the forums is that some of the folks who heavily criticize the game don’t share what they like about it either. They only participate in “complaint” threads. They seem to only focus on the negative aspects of the game and I wonder is it perhaps because they don’t feel EA deserves to hear what they find good about it. By saying something good they will somehow jinx the franchise meaning EA will never step up and will pursue their “bad practices” instead.

Then again, we don’t know that maybe these folks do actually go back playing the game and enjoy whatever there is to enjoy and only use the forums to vent. Hard to tell.

Then there’s people who admit that they haven’t played the game for years, own 1 or 2 packs, but will continue to give “feedback” based on other people’s feedback or assumptions. However they do not have first hand experience; these people decide the game is a joke because someone else said so.

Thing is, how do you really know it’s not for you if you don’t at least try it again? At least invest in another pack or two during a sale event if you claim you still have an interest in the game or the franchise?
    I wonder how TS4 will get any better for these folks if they don’t feel it deserves another chance. Why keep giving this “feedback” after 7 years of utter dissatisfaction? I can’t imagine it will make them happy unless it’s exactly like TS2 or TS3.

But look, I don’t want to make assumptions either, these are only my thoughts based on observations. I don’t know what goes on in other people’s heads.
    It’s interesting to read some of the comments made. Thanks for sharing. 👍🏼
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Initially I had no desire to participate in this thread because OP’s question is directed at those who “dislike” the game.

I do not dislike it, in fact I enjoy it, even though there are plenty of elements in TS4 that bug me and I will continue to give feedback about these issues as long as I play this game.

What I’ve seen on the forums is that some of the folks who heavily criticize the game don’t share what they like about it either. They only participate in “complaint” threads. They seem to only focus on the negative aspects of the game and I wonder is it perhaps because they don’t feel EA deserves to hear what they find good about it. By saying something good they will somehow jinx the franchise meaning EA will never step up and will pursue their “bad practices” instead.

Then again, we don’t know that maybe these folks do actually go back playing the game and enjoy whatever there is to enjoy and only use the forums to vent. Hard to tell.

Then there’s people who admit that they haven’t played the game for years, own 1 or 2 packs, but will continue to give “feedback” based on other people’s feedback or assumptions. However they do not have first hand experience; these people decide the game is a joke because someone else said so.

Thing is, how do you really know it’s not for you if you don’t at least try it again? At least invest in another pack or two during a sale event if you claim you still have an interest in the game or the franchise?
    I wonder how TS4 will get any better for these folks if they don’t feel it deserves another chance. Why keep giving this “feedback” after 7 years of utter dissatisfaction? I can’t imagine it will make them happy unless it’s exactly like TS2 or TS3.

But look, I don’t want to make assumptions either, these are only my thoughts based on observations. I don’t know what goes on in other people’s heads.
    It’s interesting to read some of the comments made. Thanks for sharing. 👍🏼

This reminds me of the episode of South Park where Kyle is mad that his little brother Ike is watching youtubers play video games instead of playing them themselves. I think a lot of younger people do this. And this forum is full of all ages because the player base is so broad. I can usually tell when I'm talking to a teen compared to an adult on here and I can usually tell that it's a lot of younger simmers that jump on bandwagons, both positive and negative. However, the amount of defenders that are adults (that go way beyond just saying good things, but attack others for their opinions) is very sickening to see. Because they set the tone for the younger squad reactions and they make it ok for the youngsters to go hard against anyone. It is never ok to treat people with disrespect because they have a different opinion.

And as far as the negative posts, I can say with all honesty that I abandoned the game for years and never once did I step foot on this forum and come into the TS4 section. This is because I absolutely did not give a crud about the game and had no opinion or desire to ask for changes. I am here now because I started playing again. I am still not completely happy with the game and now I am here voicing my opinions because I do want to see some changes and I am actively playing and seeing problems and bugs and issues that need to be addressed. People who complain are tying to make the game better for themselves. Others may not agree with what they want, but they want these things and are entitled to their opinions. Will the devs ever do it, who knows. It's doubtful they even peruse this forum at all. But it's still a place for people to voice their opinions and nowhere in the terms of service does it say people have to only be positive about the game to post here.
    edited April 2021

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 Then again when someone says "I just bought this pack and I feel ripped-off because it has these and these issues" a lot of people here claim "It's your fault for buying it. You can find out everything about a pack before purchasing it".
    On the other hand, when someone hasn't purchased a pack and has criticism based on the gameplay they have found online people say "Why would you leave feedback when you haven't even played the pack yourself. How would you know what it entails and whether it's good or not"

And I'm sitting there like, wait if you feel dissapointed in a pack after buying it it's your fault you didn't do research but if you have done your research and didn't buy the pack, you aren't allowed to be dissapointed because you don't own it?

Makes no sense to me.
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    edited April 2021
    Wanted to know, too. I like The Sims 4, never expected it to be better than titles before. it's just another fun video game. Have a question, not an a malicious way, why do some simmers want the same much? This is what I mean, I understand wanting some tasks back, cuddling E.T.C. But why want a recreation of old D.L.C. For The Sims 4? The same game over again is so boring... No arguments, I want to hear the other side.
    I think that *most* people who really don't enjoy the game just don't play it. I have heavily played all the sims games since 2 (I've played the original sims but only when I went to friends houses). When 4 came out, I was STOKED. I played it for 5 hours at launch and...put it down and didn't touch it. My husband would even bring up to me that new expansions had come out, but I wasn't interested because I thought the game was a downgrade (not having toddlers was big to me!)
    When Cats and Dogs came out, I finally gave it another shot. I've been playing it since then. I enjoy the game now. I still alternate between 2, 3, and 4 depending on what playstyle I'm feeling. Ultimately, I think the people who come to the forums are probably some of the more invested sims fans, which just comes with stronger opinions.

This is similar to my story, except I tried it when it first came out and played until a little after the first expansion. Then I stopped for years and went back to TS2 and TS3. I kept buying the packs for it because my daughter played. It wasn't until Snowy Escape came out that I decided to give it another go. I bought my missing packs and started from scratch as I always do. Deleted everything and built from scratch. I really love build mode in this game so it was fun for me and I loved all the new objects. But when I started playing, it was once again lackluster. So I came here and found there are a lot of problems and bugs. And I created a few mods for bugs that were really nothing me and went looking for gameplay mods that suit my playstyle. And in the end, I'm really enjoying the game now. But I still feel like it should have more and that's why I've been here hoping.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited April 2021
    Then again when someone says "I just bought this pack and I feel ripped-off because it has these and these issues" a lot of people here claim "It's your fault for buying it. You can find out everything about a pack before purchasing it".
    On the other hand, when someone hasn't purchased a pack and has criticism based on the gameplay they have found online people say "Why would you leave feedback when you haven't even played the pack yourself. How would you know what it entails and whether it's good or not"

And I'm sitting there like, wait if you feel dissapointed in a pack after buying it it's your fault you didn't do research but if you have done your research and didn't buy the pack, you aren't allowed to be dissapointed because you don't own it?

Makes no sense to me.

@SimmerGeorge I believe you misunderstood. I'm referring to people who haven't played the game for years and their unwillingness to invest in a pack since they claim they do have an interest in the franchise or even certain elements of the game. I'm talking about folks not playing or investing since what, 2017 or earlier and refuse to spend one more cent on anything TS4 related, yet they continue to put a lot of energy in giving this so called negative "feedback" based on what a bunch of You Tubers say. I wonder where that urge comes from? Is it really because they want to see a better game or is it because some popular kid said something and they want part of that attention? I wonder how much they really care or whether they care too much? Or do they think they care and the only way they can enjoy this game is by giving constant negative feedback based on other people's opinions?

I repeat, I don't know what goes on in other people's heads, it's just that this kind of behavior doesn't make sense to me, personally. But that's because I'm not them. Thank goodness.
    I am trying to make sense of it by reading these forums though.

And of course we can find out a lot about a pack before we buy it. Of course we cannot know about the bugs that are introduced with these packs or the way game play is tuned when we buy them at release. That's what most of the feedback is based on and it's completely valid to have complaints about bugs and voice opinions in terms of the tuning of a pack. These need to be fixed and unfortunately it also means stuff gets nerfed.
    But then there's the other extreme in which some folks just seem to keep buying packs and continue to be deeply disappointed. For 7 years. Why? Haven't they learned something in those 7 years? Why holding onto something you cannot possibly enjoy?

That's what I'm trying to make sense of. But only in a casual way. There are more important things in my life than probing other people's minds.

Wanted to know, too. I like The Sims 4, never expected it to be better than titles before. it's just another fun video game. Have a question, not an a malicious way, why do some simmers want the same much? This is what I mean, I understand wanting some tasks back, cuddling E.T.C. But why want a recreation of old D.L.C. For The Sims 4? The same game over again is so boring... No arguments, I want to hear the other side.

I don't want the same, but I have an expectation that the next game in a series will have, at least, the basics of the previous game. We've had cars since the first game in this series. There has always been a carpool. Yet TS4 is a game without. I want cars because in a life sim, cars should be a standard. A lot of the things players want is because these are all things people do in life. It's supposed to be a game that mimics the basics of life. And when people are like...give me seasons...well, I don't know a place on earth that doesn't have weather so why wouldn't people want it? When people want generations...well, I don't know a person on earth that wasn't raised or tortured by someone so that's why they want that. And as we get some of the basics, people still want the things they found most fun about previous games back. That's why.
    But then there's the other extreme in which some folks just seem to keep buying packs and continue to be deeply disappointed. For 7 years. Why? Haven't they learned something in those 7 years? Why holding onto something you cannot possibly enjoy?

That's what I'm trying to make sense of. But only in a casual way. There are more important things in my life than probing other people's minds.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 I don't belong to that group so I'm also just going to throw out an assumption. Maybe it's because of monopoly. The truth is there is no other "modern" life-simulation game like the Sims. There is no alternative. Even previous games don't cut it anymore. The Sims 2 is for sale anymore and the Sims 3 is to many people graphically too outdated (even though a lot still play it).
    So I think a lot of people hang on to the Sims 4 because there aren't any other alternatives.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    LittleFox2 wrote: »
    @Scobre I actually occasionally watch Deli's build videos. If you are on twitter and don't share someone's opinion, the claws come out by a minority of people. I don't know what you mean by "positive people." Someone else on the forum mentioned she was trolled by the positive side because she made a criticize about the game--that was not the case. It wasn't the "positive people" who came for her. I remember when this happened and what kicked it off.
    Deligracy got trolled by these so called positive people all for having a different opinion telling Gurus to replace her with them.

The claws came out because of this post on her twitter account:

deligracy-troll.jpg

To the Topic: I personally think that there are Simmers who dislike aspects of TS4 because it did not and does not live up to their personal expectations in regards to gameplay, challenges, and/or things they feel should have been included upon release and/or in various packs.

Yes, i remember so well! Deli criticized youtubers (and other folks) that criticize the game and got bashed by those people. Not the other way around.
    LittleFox2 wrote: »
    @Scobre I actually occasionally watch Deli's build videos. If you are on twitter and don't share someone's opinion, the claws come out by a minority of people. I don't know what you mean by "positive people." Someone else on the forum mentioned she was trolled by the positive side because she made a criticize about the game--that was not the case. It wasn't the "positive people" who came for her. I remember when this happened and what kicked it off.
    Deligracy got trolled by these so called positive people all for having a different opinion telling Gurus to replace her with them.

The claws came out because of this post on her twitter account:

deligracy-troll.jpg

To the Topic: I personally think that there are Simmers who dislike aspects of TS4 because it did not and does not live up to their personal expectations in regards to gameplay, challenges, and/or things they feel should have been included upon release and/or in various packs.
    Thanks for clearing that up. @LittleFox2 Yeah I don't understand the competition between Simmers. We should support each other even when making content. I appreciate the context of what happened. I tend to like to support the smaller streamers. DrGluon I have been watching for awhile even before he got into the game changer program. I like how uses the bugs in a creative way for storytelling. Takes skill to improvise on the fly like that. Calling Simmers yibsims was the worst thing to happen to the community and encouraged entitlement. But yeah that is how toxic positivity doesn't help the community. Everyone should have their content shared. Actually had a few people I know get out of the game changer program because of how they were treated by others in the program. Kind of nice legally I can never join the program so I never have to deal with it. Playtesting is nice getting to help the game without the attention which I enjoy a lot for all the games. Actually been quite impressed by how Apex has done for EA.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Stopped buying packs a good while ago. Until then, what I did get was often for the CAS/bb rather than the official reason for the pack.

Playing depends on mood, usually being too fried after a long and hard day at work to do anything else. TS2 & 3 are preferred as they are more robust and 'chewy' than 4. ever thought of being, and 2 has an infinitely superior story telling system. Also have a variety of interests other than PC games, so TS4 has to compete in a lively 'market place' of possibilities.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top