Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,913 Member
    @Skeilah , Haha yes the curse is hilarious, Melody knows already how to cure it, but I have kept it on as it is funny and creates funny moments :p Oh about "v" I have tons of those 1sec video clips at my video folder :joy:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @Skeilah

I guess that Jenny and Bryon aren't meant to be! Oh, well!

Well, serves Anas right! Making Bryon forget Naoki is cruel, and also doesn't entitle him to Bryon. No one is entitled to Bryon! And acting butt hurt over it is just plain stupid. I hope Bryon and Naoki can move past it, although part of me wonders if Jules will end up with a Bryon-baby.

Jenny is going to be doing better soon - I'm just working on today's update, which covers the birth! Also, I'm not doing the grilled cheese aspiration, but Morgan is not skilled at cooking, so mac and cheese is the safest bet for her to cook.

April 10th

Baby Mine

04-10-21_12-58-48_PM.png?width=721&height=577

It was a normal night at the house when Jenny felt something wasn’t right. She’d been having pains before – just normal ones, and she’d been told they were like her body doing a warm up. She stood up.

“Morgan, can you ring your dad?” she asked, in a frightened voice. “I, um, I think--” She broke off in a cry of pain, and Morgan swore, jumping up and grabbing her phone.

04-10-21_12-43-45_PM.png?width=721&height=577

The ultrasound before had shown that Jenny was expecting twins. She’d tried to send Rohan a message about it, but she hadn’t been able to, as he’d blocked her in return, and she had thought about going to his house, but didn’t think it was a good idea. Even so, she asked Morgan to call him while they were rushing to the hospital, and Morgan even tried getting hold of his sister, but nothing could be done before they had to be admitted. Megumi met them at the hospital, and went in with Jenny, leaving Morgan in the waiting room.

It galled Morgan to the bone that Rohan was willing to put his personal grudges over his children, one of which he was at least unaware of. The guy couldn’t even bother checking Jenny was alright after giving birth, or that things were okay! Not that he knew when she was giving birth, of course, but Morgan felt so angry on behalf of her friend as she waited for Jenny. This should have been Rohan sitting here, not her.

Still, life goes on, and the next morning, bright and early, Jenny was home with two beautiful little girls, and the happiest smile that Morgan had seen in a while. Right now, she seemed so focused on her babies that Morgan doubted she was even thinking about Rohan.

04-10-21_12-46-43_PM.png?width=721&height=577

04-10-21_12-48-10_PM.png?width=721&height=577

She’d called them Celeste and Iris, although to Morgan, they looked pretty identical. Jenny could tell them apart, though, somehow, and was besotted.

“You’re okay, you’re okay.” She was whispering to Iris. “You’re always going to be okay. Mama’s right here, okay?”

Iris made a few snuffly baby noises in Jenny’s arms, soon falling asleep, while Jenny continued to soothe her.

04-10-21_12-49-19_PM.png?width=721&height=577

Morgan felt even more unsettled, though. Here were these beautiful little baby girls, who Jenny loved so fiercely, who Morgan herself would have protected through storm and rain, and Rohan had abandoned them. There was no sugarcoating it. Rohan just didn’t care enough to step up and co-parent.

“They’re so beautiful,” Jenny said, proudly, standing behind her. “I can’t believe they’re real, you know? They’re just so tiny.”

"I can't believe we were ever that tiny," Morgan said, absently. "I can't think of them ever not being this small."

"They'll be bigger one day." Jenny smiled down at Iris. "Celeste is braver than her, but Iris...you can see every emotion on her face. Maybe I'm imagining that, but...it feels so weird to have them out here, you know. Not inside, kicking me."

"What are you going to say to him?" Morgan asked, gently. Jenny shook her head.

"I don't know yet. I mean...I've tried to get hold of him, but he just hasn't responded. I might try to write to his grandparents later, but I really doubt they'll respond if they haven't reached out yet. But I like his grandparents. They were always nice to me, even when I was scared of them. I'd very much like for them to meet the girls when it's safe for them to do so, in a couple of months." Jenny smiled. "Morgan, you should go to bed. You look exhausted."

Morgan was about to protest, but felt her eyelids growing heavier, and simply nodded, stepping out of the room.

Later, Jenny was woken up by fussing from the nursery, and yawning, stepped in to greet Celeste.

"Hello, darling." She picked her up. "Were you missing me?"

Celeste made a dignified baby snuffle as Jenny held her close.

04-10-21_12-57-47_PM.png?width=721&height=577

"You don't have to worry, I'm here." Jenny held Celeste over her heart, cuddling her softly.

She knew what Morgan was talking about, but something had hardened in her heart when she'd given birth to her daughters. She had tried to reach out to their father, and she knew that things had ended on a sour note. She was still angry with him. But he should have tried to get in contact with her, rather than give up on her and their children. Now, things were different. Of course, she'd put him down on their birth certificates, but she had to concentrate on being their daughters' sole parent.

Eleanor and Ekram would get their chance, but she was done giving them out to Rohan.

"I'll always be here," she told Celeste, softly. "You don't have to worry. I'll always be here for you, angel."

04-10-21_12-58-18_PM.png?width=721&height=577

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited April 2021
    @Karababy52
    Nice to see the different seasons in your game! You play with 14 day seasons, right? So you probably get to experience more of each season in each world. My 28 day seasons definitely take a while to pass sometimes, but personally I do prefer it that way. I like seeing the seasons change more often in your game though!

Lol, Josh is cute, with using that "make a move" interaction. Gotta love those romance interactions. And wow, perfect grades for Essa! Excellent work! Cute idea with the snowpal too!

Nice to have Josh do some standup and entertain a crowd and explore campus while Essa was busy with finals and presentations. I usually take that time to look for your sims these days, I've found its the perfect time to spot them :)

Yeah, it was definitely weird that both Jules and Bryon gave each other dirty looks lol. Jules wasn't even in a bad mood. Not sure why either of them did it. They didn't even properly interact or do any introductions. So weird.

Also I did not realize that a dumpster was a woohoo place, LOL. Still don't have Eco Lifestyle, we shall see if cave and get that or Get Famous this year though.

@Skeilah
    I really love this awkward Jules and Bryon relationship, it's just so entertaining to me lol. It's fun that you kind of created an alternate universe to do stuff like this that Bryon would have otherwise never done. Also super cute playdate again with the girls, and yay for Bryon for finishing with fantastic grades!

I love that kissing and romance fills the Naoki hole, it's the one way that doing this aspiration really makes sense lol. And Anas is the worst. Go back to Sixam. AND GIVE US NAOKI BACK. But not too soon. I need more drama ;)

@lilypadmeulin
    Morgan and Megumi are so wonderful. I'm really glad Jenny has them in her life. It's really cool how you created the passage of time in your updates since you had to make due with the really short pregnancies that a non modded game gives us haha. You're a really great writer, and I very much enjoy reading your updates and am glad you've stuck with story mode. You're doing great! And Rohan, ugh....he just gets worse and worse.

And twins! Omg, Jenny is gonna have her hands full, but at least she has Morgan to help her out. And their names are so gorgeous and perfect, and I can fell the intense love she has for those little cuties already <3

@Ellupelluellu
    And bring on the hugs! Love that a towel hug is your photo of the day, very fitting :) Melody is still managing to be productive though even though she needs to stop and hug everyone every now and then, haha. Your screenshots are gorgeous as usual!

@SoulGal7
    You are really great at aspiration hopping and getting some of those harder to do aspirations when telling a story like we are. Nice work for that mischief one! I need to check that one out - Brittany already hates Jules, so I have one sim on her bad side already haha. Nice little update to tie together all the pieces from Sakura's little interlude last month.
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited April 2021
    April - Day 10: "Feedback is the breakfast of champions."

iLnX3Me.png

Notes
    4xCPmLX.png
    Wednesday before Essa's classes for the day began she edited her term paper and turned it in. Then she refined and organized her project for presentation and asked Josh for his advice on it. He thought it was great! After her last class, she and Josh walked back to campus so she could present it. Josh decided to play some tunes outside the Commons while he waited.

7SGkTpr.png
    A little later he was getting hungry and ordered a pepperoni pizza from a food stall. Essa was finished with her presentation soon after and they went back home.

ZoM5oV6.png
    After a little fun in the hot tub, they both got out and Josh teleported in front of Essa for the first time. I love the look of shock and awe on her face.

UbSjA3d.png
    "You really had no idea I could do that?"
    "Nope, I thought only Spellcasters could transportalate."
    "What I can do is actually called Teleport, but it's the same thing really only using meditation instead magic."
    "Looked like magic to me!"

mCbpxkB.png
    Thursday after Essa's last class, they again went back to campus so Essa could tutor another student. There was some kind of Tea and Poetry reading going on, but it didn't look like anyone was reading any of their poetry. Josh decided to have something from the cafeteria and sat down to eat Grilled Chicken while he waited to see if anyone would give a reading.

YIJkcXo.png
    Finally someone did, a member of the Debate Guild. Some snooty hipster kept booing her, but Josh thought she wasn't that bad.

oixZina.png
    Of course he had to give his own poetry reading.

"A kiss is just a kiss until you find the one you love,
    a hug is just a hug until you find the one you're always thinking of.
    A dream is just a dream until it comes true..."

MWY2Jmi.png
    "...love was just a word until the day I met you."

1UexoCN.png
    The two took advantage of the warmth of the fireplace and stayed awhile in the Commons. Essa got caught up on her homework and Josh continued studying Volume 3 of a set of Acting skill books. He was now Level 9 in Parenting, Archeology and getting close to the same for Acting. Level 10 in all skills must be reached by actually doing the skill.

DAFAXKj.png
    Finished with her homework, Essa took advantage of the quiet and was inspired to do a painting of Josh as he studied. They went back home soon after she was finished.

6y8TdIf.png
    Friday after Essa's classes were finished for the day, she and Josh once again went back to campus so she could tutor another student. This time she was teaching photography. There was a spirit rally going on in the quad for an upcoming soccer game and Josh met the school mascot, Darby the Dragon, for the first time. Darby agreed to take a selfie with him.

ZCbwql5.png
    Just for kicks, Josh took out his guitar and tried to lull Darby to sleep with a lullaby. But it didn't work! Darby started to nod off, but caught him/herself and yelled at Josh before he/she took off for the stadium.

D0DpWTn.png
    (Hmm, that's never happened before. Dude/Dudette must be very strong-willed.)

Uz0H8sN.png
    With a couple hours still to kill before Essa would be finished tutoring, Josh jogged over to the river where he and Essa went swimming before to have a little fun with his Aqua Jet.

tI5RGnD.png
    Josh is a Super Sim, if you didn't know already. He's so super, he can make his Aqua Jet invisible!

F1mUvF4.png
    He can run REALLY fast on the water too!

Honestly, I just got a little too close to him and the Aqua Jet disappeared. I used the tab key camera mode and it stayed gone! I couldn't believe it! I have not laughed so much in a long, long time seeing him scooting around like that and doing tricks in mid-air by himself. It was freakin' hilarious! Try it sometime, you'll fall out of your chair laughing, I promise!

U6GR8b8.png
    As soon as I went back into regular camera mode, the Aqua Jet reappeared, but that's okay. I love this shot with the sunset. He had a lot of fun.

TnJ9lxh.png

Finished with tutoring, Essa met him on the beach and they shared a warm hug before going back home. They now have the weekend to do whatever they want. Essa's second term will end on Monday after she takes her finals.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    March 17: Sakura's Homecoming

2-smitten-hearts.png

~ YESTERDAY ~

Yesterday morning, Kiyoshi had arrived alone and brought all the letters that we had sent each other. I looked at them all and I cried again.

hospital-room-the-next-day.png

i-dint-think-i-can-go-another-month-without-seeing-you-again.png

Kiyoshi sat on the bed, and we opened our letters together, and read them to each other. Each time we opened a letter, Kiyoshi would kiss me tenderly. I was almost sorry when all the letters had been opened. Sharing these letters with each other just seemed to bring us closer together. I told Kiyoshi that I had kept up the journal, too, and he could read it, but Kiyoshi said he hadn't brought his, and if I could wait another month, we would share our journals with each other then.

kiyoshi-kiss.png

There were a lot of times when Kiyoshi was talking to me that I felt he wanted to tell me something, because he would just take my hands in his and look so intently into my eyes, but he never said a word. I knew I had something to tell him, too, but I couldn't bring myself to tell him that I had kissed Wolfgang. Especially since they seemed to have become friends and both of them found me at The Bluffs. I just didn't want to spoil this short time I had with Kiyoshi.

looking-at-sakura-and-kiyoshi.png

The doctor had come in after dinner, and told me that I was well enough to be released tomorrow.

i-have-exciting-news.png

thats-great-news-sakura.png

Mila credited my recovery to her homemade soup. Wolfgang was excited, too, and started making phone calls, and excused himself at one point and left the room.

it-was-my-soup.png

homemade-soup.png

making-a-call-wolfgang.png

Kiyoshi and I were left alone and Kiyoshi held me close and kissed me. He told me that he was happy that we would get to spend some time together because he had to leave the day after I was released. I clung to him and cried not wanting to let him go. I didn't know how I could get through another month without him.

kiyoshi-looking-deeply-into-sakuras-eyes.png

~ TODAY ~

My birthday was in a few days, and unfortunately, Kiyoshi couldn't be here to celebrate with me. But, Joaquin had already figured out a plan for that. Since he had all the decorations for the farewell party, which he hadn't used, he said he would just host a birthday party for me early, so that Kiyoshi could be there. It was scheduled for tonight, and I didn't know what shape I would be in for a party, but Joaquin insisted that it would be fun.

decorating-for-the-party.png

adding-a-gift.png

Kiyoshi was leaving tomorrow, and I had asked him to spend his last night in Windenburg at my house. He had already told Mrs. Munch that he would be staying overnight with me, and had brought his suitcase to the hospital. Mrs. Munch had picked up a few groceries for us and drove us to the ferry. Wolfgang had come, too. He helped me aboard the ferry and held my hand a little longer and then let it go. He turned and gave Kiyoshi a bro hug and said he would see us both at the party tonight.

mila-and-sakura.png

bro-hug.png

ill-see-you-tonight-sakura.png

Wolfgang: "Don't do anything I wouldn't do..." he said jokingly, but all I saw was the sad look in his eyes as he watched the ferry head out.

dont-do-anything-i-wouldnt-do.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When we docked, Kiyoshi somehow managed to carry the bag of groceries, his suitcase and had me lean on him as we made our way slowly to the house. When we went inside, Kiyoshi put the groceries away, and took a quick tour. He walked into the conservatory and noticed the table set for two. No-one had been in the house since the disappearance, so this is how it had been left.

coming-home-sakura.png

arrival-ar-house-sakura-and-kiyoshi.png

Kiyoshi: "Sakura, the day you disappeared, had you invited someone for dinner? I see that the table is set for two..."

you-wanna-tell-me-about-this-table.png

Sakura faced Kiyoshi and answered slowly, "Oh that...yes, I had invited Wolfgang for dinner. I was going to tell him about the co-op program I had been accepted into and that I was moving to Willow Creek."

Kiyoshi: "So, just the two of you then?"

Sakura nervously answered "Yes" she replied.

yes-just-he-two-of-us.png

Kiyoshi didn't say a word, but just looked at Sakura, "Well, it looks really nice. You know, he's a really good friend. His mother told me he never gave up searching for you..."

Sakura let out a breath: "Yes, yes...she told me that, too."

Kiyoshi came closer to Sakura and held her hands. She appeared to be shaking, "Sakura, are you feeling okay? Maybe you should lie down for a bit."

are-you-ok-sakura.png

im-just-a-bit-tired-sakura.png

Sakura: "I'm sorry, I'm just a little tired. The ferry ride took a lot out of me. Maybe you're right. Maybe I just need to lie down a bit before the party."

sakura-getting-a-nice-massage.png

Kiyoshi helped Sakura upstairs and helped her lie down. He noticed all the photos on the walls of he and Sakura and smiled. So many happy memories of them together.

happy-memories-rogether.png

And as he turned to head down the stairs, he saw another photo...but this one was of Sakura and Wolfgang.

looks-at-pic-ofwoldfgang.png

He stared at the photo for a moment, and then went downstairs and walked into the conservatory and stared at the table set for two.

looking-at-table-again.png

It was his last night in town and he didn't want to spoil things between Sakura and him. He knew now that it was definitely more than friendship, he just didn't know what had happened between Sakura and Wolfgang. But at the party tonight, he would make sure that Wolfgang knew that Sakura was with him, and that Sakura was HIS girlfriend.

kiyoshi-is-going-to-make-sure-wolf-knows-sakura-is-his-gf.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    edited April 2021
    @lilypadmeulin - Congrats! Congrats! on the birth of Jenny's beautiful twin girls, Celeste and Iris. Those are pretty names. I have to read back on your chapters to see what happened between Rohan's grandparents and Jenny, as I might have missed something there. But, seriously, can someone talk some sense into Rohan? Maybe he has some deep thought processes going on when he is alone. Or...Jenny sends him pics of the babies... I mean something happened to his parents, and that is why he was being raised by his grandparents. Rohan...Rohan...if you can't talk to Jenny anymore...don't abandon your beautiful children. I hope he will come around.
    @permanentrose

It would have been a lot worse for Jenny if Morgan and Megumi hadn't been such a good support system. I didn't want to risk modding it and having the game crash on me like it did with the poses, but I also enjoyed testing what I could do with the limits. But honestly, I really loved the compliments on my writing. Thank you! I enjoy reading your updates too.

Rohan is...probably going to come back around the point that his grandparents find out they're great grandparents. Spoiler! He never told them.

@SoulGal7

Kiyoshi and Wolfgang both love Sakura, but honestly, I'm entirely Team Wolfgang. He didn't break Sakura's heart and was really respectful, and didn't cheat on her. So, I'm now fully on his side.

Oh, I think I had one interaction with them, but basically they wanted Rohan to move in with her, so he took his frustrations about that out on his relationship, sadly enough. They wanted him to mature and move on, but he wouldn't. They were always polite and kind to Jenny, though. He's blocked Jenny on everything because she blocked him on most things, and his sister isn't picking up out of loyalty to her brother. He just...doesn't want to talk to Jenny at all. I'm considering having Morgan arrange a meeting with him.
    *Updated my April 10th post above! I apologize for how long it took me to update this. I kind of powered through a few days. I have big plans for after Essa graduates so I'm trying to get her through Uni as quickly as possible. This post is mostly filler and mostly Josh, but oh well. *shrugs* I'll get started on comments next. Hubby will mostly likely be getting up soon, so I probably won't get them finished until late this afternoon/evening. But I'll try to get them done before then. Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    @Karababy52

I'm really enjoying getting to see more of Josh! I really like that I get to learn more about his personality, and that he and Essa finally get to do all the coupley things that they've had to miss out on. It's so good!
    @Skeilah
    Very cool they're still friends and nothing awkward, I like they had a playdate to wait for grades too. Congrats to Bryon for getting almost all A+! Kristine is a little stinker just like Ruby eh? Oh dear, Bryon you should've stayed home and studied. o.O And there's Anas...oh boy, here we go.

Saw that coming a mile away! Well, only because I know you're doing the Serial Romantic with him. Surprised Bryon didn't think it was weird that Anas was glowing blue like that. But he's really not very observant right now and his head is all messed up from what those aliens did to him. I worry now what Anas will do. I hope he doesn't hurt Naoki. Good luck getting that festering grudge sentiment to go away. I've heard it's super hard. But I guess you could always cheat it away if it's going to ruin your story. Bummer...

@lilypadmeulin
    You did a great job with Essa's makeover. Very cool how Essa is Ruby's Auntie. It's just so sad it had to turn out this way for Jenny. But at least she has Morgan and Megumi.

Oh man, poor Jenny. I feel so bad for her, heartbroken and worrying about being a good Mom and her figure on top of everything else. So sweet of Morgan to write to Megumi to let her know what's going on. Love that Morgan is cooking for her and trying to take care of her. Then that last shot with I assume Jenny crying in bed. *sniff*

Congrats to Jenny for her twins, Celeste and Iris! Love those names! I'm glad she's feeling better now, but of course still so angry with Rohan, as she should be. Glad she's at least considering giving the Grandparents the benefit of the doubt. For all she knows, they might not, probably don't, even know about the babies. Poor Morgan, I can see how she'd be exhausted. What a wonderful friend she is to Jenny. I'm so glad she has her for support.

Thanks about Josh! I am loving being able to do stuff with him and show his personality a bit more and of course I'm loving they are truly together now as a couple. Makes my romantic heart sing!

@permanentrose
    Oh boy, such a strong-willed little girl. Jules better be careful giving in like that though or that little girl will think all she has to do is throw a fit and Mommy will give in. o.O Very generous of Dell and Sofia to offer to care for Ruby full-time so Jules can live in the dorms. You're right, not very realistic, but I knew you wanted to check out dorm living with Jules. You might like it, I hated it! o.O I hope you enjoy the Movie Hangout pack, it's a great one, one of my favorites.

Yes, I play with 14 day seasons. They do seem to go fast sometimes, but it's normal for me, so not always. Sometimes I wish I played 7 day season. But that just sounds SO short. o.O Yeah, Josh can be so silly sometimes. He gets playful a lot. I love it! I love that I have Josh to do things with while Essa tutoring, and then they do stuff sometimes on campus afterward, like go to the soccer game, that creativity celebration, swimming, etc. The dumpster woo hoo animation is hilarious, I've seen others that have done it. But nope, Essa or any of my Sims will not, nope, no way, no how, nyet!

@Ellupelluellu
    Oh my gosh, alllll those hugs! Cracks me up! But like I said, that's the best curse if you get one in my opinion. I love that Melody and Malcom do everything together, just like Essa and Josh. :) Love your Sages, love Melody's hair, dress, boots, everything! Fun that she saw Nik and gave him a hug too. :) And of course they end the day by going fishing. I love that spot, it's so pretty.

@SoulGal7
    Whoa! Sakura is a bad butt winning that fight against Chuck. He looks like a body builder and is active and she still beat the stuffin's out of him. o.O I wonder why he was being so obstinate and the others were fine with it, well, except Neal. Good it worked to her advantage though for the Mischief aspiration. Smart getting the Shameless trait too!

Oh man, tugged at my heart strings for those two with reading the letters to each other and all the kisses. They know each other so well though, that they know somethings just not right between them, both are holding back a little. Aww, sweet how Mila thinks her soup is what helped cure Sakura faster so she can go home sooner. Very sweet of Joaquin to plan the birthday party for Sakura early so Kyoshi can be there.

A bit awkward with Wolfgang when Kyoshi said he would be staying with Sakura and when Kyoshi saw the dinner for two setting and the photo of Wolfgang and Sakura. I feel bad for Wolfgang. He must be dying inside, trying to be so 'okay' with everything the Bro hug, the comment to Kyoshi. He's being so brave. I wonder what's going to happen at the party, if anything will come out about what Kyoshi did with Kaori or Sakura and Wolfgang sharing a kiss. o.O I have a feeling something will happen since Kyoshi plans to tell Wolfgang in no uncertain terms that Sakura is his girlfriend. Looking forward to finding out what happens.
    edited April 2021
    Update 100 - Party Time!

CNXRR3m.png

Notes:
    "Yuki does know this isn't a costume party, right?" Jules whispered to Kaori as they approached the Sorority House together.
    TNcm9H5.jpg

"Oh yes, she's aware," Kaori assured her. "She was set on making some kind of statement about subverting gender stereotypes in regards to how girls are expected to dress for parties like this. I'm just glad I got her to come out with us. She spent most of her time last semester in the company of robots, so she desperately needs some human interaction."

This party is in full swing!
    iUTC6sV.png

Well, then Yuki decided to take the concept of a weenie roast to a whole new level :D
    5HNzen4.png

She's thinking, Well, this is the last time I'm leaving the robotics lab in a while...
    8CHVGa6.png

Jules was feeling a little out of sorts though, her mind still mulling over the choice that Dell had offered her for next semester. She spotted Emmett over in the hot tub, glad to see he was alone. She should talk to him about this. He'd be able to offer some good insight.

"Hey Jules," he greeted her as she climbed in beside him. "How's it going?"
    CbJI5nU.png

"Actually, there's something I want to talk to you about," she told him.
    2FISanb.png

But just as he was about to answer, Brittany climbed into the hot tub beside him. "Sorry for the delay, babe." She shot Jules a look of pure annoyance as she began to massage Emmett's back, but was gracious enough not to say anything.
    oyY57yP.png

"Sorry," Emmett mouthed apologetically. Jules managed a small smile, but climbed out of the hot tub and put her clothes back on, filling up a cup from the keg and draining it quickly.
    3FIsebw.png

She glanced back at the hot tub...
    lQEQAhP.png

Would it always be this way? She remembered how easy and natural her friendship with Emmett had been before Brittany had come into the picture...and before her stomach fluttered with these new feelings she never fully wanted to acknowledge. But Brittany seemed to be a pretty permanent fixture in Emmett's life, and with a heavy feeling in her chest, she imagined the years to come. Would he marry her? What would that even mean for their friendship? She often felt like she was hanging on to their friendship by a thread, despite their best efforts to stay in each other's lives. With Brittany in the picture, it was impossible to love Emmett the way her heart truly longed to. It hurt too much to think about, and she quickly downed another drink.
    LXquFzn.png
    (Thanks Melody for providing this sad girl with a drink :D)

She wandered off toward campus after that, not in the mood to party any longer. She sighed, sitting down on a nearby bench, her mind swirling from the effects of her drinks and all the thoughts that burdened her.
    LY0Fc7w.png

"Hey, are you okay?" A voice asked, startling her, and she looked up to see a boy glancing down at her. She vaguely recognized him from seeing him around campus, though she had never spoken to him. "I noticed you stumbling a bit and wanted to make sure you were okay."
    BnxpHht.png

"I'm...fine," she lied, her words slurring a bit. "Jus' a lot on my mind and feeling a bit lonely tonight, that's all," she admitted before she could contemplate her words.
    vMPE9dc.png

"And what's a pretty girl like you doing feeling lonely at a party like this?" The boy asked, and she noticed that his words slurred together a bit too.

She blushed a bit. His words made her feel nice, and she realized it had been so long since she had properly flirted with someone.
    MYO43ux.png

And with a little more flirting, and both of their inhibitions lowered...
    dQfnMSA.png
    Y3YtwKQ.png
    92mcbYo.png
    pgzHJ9R.png

They made out for a bit after that, and Jules felt all of her worries slowly slip away as her body responded to his touch. She missed being touched, missed being held...and for a little while, this filled an emptiness inside of her.
    U3A5blT.png

"Maybe we should go somewhere a bit more private," the boy said, tugging playfully at the waistband of her pants.

But she pulled away, suddenly feeling her mind clear up a bit. "It's getting late. I should be getting home. You should go enjoy the rest of the party."

He offered to walk her home, but she insisted that she was fine and needed a little bit of space to clear her head, and he didn't argue. Her body pulsed with feelings that hadn't been ignited in so long, and she couldn't tell if it was a good feeling or not. She was much too disoriented to think more about it and was glad to find that the house was dark and quiet as she entered, heading straight up to her bedroom, where she immediately fell into a deep and dreamless sleep.

---

So I've had in the back of my mind for a while now to try out this serial romance aspiration with Jules during her college days, especially since she's single, and now that I'm gonna have her do a semester in the dorms, let's just go all out :D Thank you @Kanindota for letting me borrow River as Jules' first conquest. I've talked to a few of you already about using your sims for this aspiration, but if I haven't talked to you and you're interested in loaning your sim, let me know. Jules will be romancing both guys and girls so gender doesn't matter, lol. :)

Your sims all enjoyed the party too :)
    Sakura wanted to get some homework done before partying lol.
    4z7RdKQ.png

Bryon was actually naked 90% of this party, lol, not sure why he had the urge to wear no clothing, so here are the few shots of him clothed that I got :D0aioxFR.jpg
    z5dcluk.jpg

Roxanne tapped the keg. Unsuccessfully the first time, but then she managed it
    8K20zUF.png
    Mrl6OQD.png

Then she did a keg stand with Essa, also not entirely successful :joy: (In the background of the third photo, you can see Emmett, Jenny, and Luna reacting to Bryon getting naked :D)
    yCiH5Ek.png
    dveqovC.png
    TgRbkuq.png

Here's Jenny filling up some cups with "juice".
    7WWjPfB.png

Melody tending the bar (Pretty sure Bryon is naked yet again :D)
    JZ7u4ze.jpg

And here's Sakura and Astrid splashing each other in the pool.
    OlLie6q.png

And Jules wasn't the only girl River showed interest in tonight ;)
    DmhVQeg.png
    @permanentrose

The return of Brittany! I'm so sad that she's icing out Jules from Emmett's life, and I doubt that she'll let Emmett and Jules be friends without a real fight. I also liked seeing everyone having so much fun at the party, especially Jenny! She looks so cute!

@Karababy52

Thank you! I love Essa's Glimmerbrook look, to be honest, and I wanted her and Jenny to meet. I think her kindness was just what Jenny needed, too.

Morgan is trying to be the best friend she can be at this time. She knows that doing this alone would be very hard for Jenny, especially when Rohan took the news so badly - and yes, that shot was of Jenny crying under her covers, well noticed! She was feeling utterly alone despite Morgan's best efforts. Jenny has always envisioned having kids with someone she loves and raising them in a stereotypical family unit. Unfortunately, things don't always go according to plan, but she does have her beautiful girls now, and a lot more of her anger towards Rohan is on their behalf.

I'll give you a spoiler, Eleanor and Ekram don't know about Jenny's daughters at all. Rohan never told them beyond telling them he broke up with Jenny.
    edited April 2021
    @Karababy52
    Haha, that shot with Josh hovering/teleporting is great, Essa is genuinely shocked. I don't have any packs that allow for non cheating teleporting, so I take advantage of the cheating version when I need to lol. No reactions for that though. No hot tub photos today? :( Lol, I'm sure there will be more steamy photos of these two soon though :) I don't think I knew there was an option to do a poetry reading, that's cool! It's fun that you have Josh to control and follow while Essa is in her rabbit holes on campus. Your screenies of the invisible aqua jet were very amusing, thank you for sharing lol. I love that they can ride aqua jets in any river/lake as long as there's one in their inventory. It's really nice they've included natural swimming spots in each new world after Sulani, and I hope they keep doing it! Super gorgeous screenshot of Josh and Essa at the end there too - the colors are lovely :)

Ruby is a strong willed kid indeed. It's really hard to know what battles are worth fighting with toddlers sometimes, and with all Jules is juggling right now, I'm sure she probably caves too quickly sometimes and lets Ruby run the roost, but also the two bedtime battles ended up being harmless enough, sometimes you just have to let kids make their own weird choices and move on lol. I'll have to find a balance with Jules' parenting style as Ruby continues to age - but I have the feeling I'll always play Ruby as a bit strong willed and difficult, but I'll have to be careful of not crossing that line and making her total brat lol. I've just found that even the sweetest two year olds tend to have their irrational moments, and I have fun including some real life inspired scenarios with Ruby since two year olds really insist on the craziest things some days.

Also I see that you have plans for the end of this month - my guesses are something big with Damon revenge, or a wedding for Essa and Josh <3 Or I could be completely off on both guesses lol

@SoulGal7
    Oh no, neither Kiyoshi or Sakura are being honest about their romantic dalliances, this can't end well...or maybe they'll both be more forgiving if/when it comes out, since they both feel a bit guilty. I'd argue that Kiyoshi has more to worry about though - kissing someone is a lot different than "messing around" with them, and I can see that information really hurting Sakura. And then there's the fact that Wolfgang still loves her so much, ahhhhhh </3 I have to wonder what kind of drama might ensue at this birthday party...and how much you have planned and how much your sims will do something spontaneous that will nudge your storyline in a certain direction

@lilypadmeulin
    I don't know if I want Rohan to redeem himself or not at this point, haha. I mean, I think it would be nice for the girls to know their dad, but if he keeps being so awful, it might be worse to have him around. Curious to see where your story goes!
    edited April 2021
    March 18: Pre-Party Thoughts

cover-shot-kiyoshi-and-sakura-looking-at-each-other.png
    Sakura awoke from her nap with a start and quickly looked around. It had happened again. Ever since she had been found at The Bluffs, she had been plagued with dreams of a faceless sim telling her that he loved her, and when he did, all she wanted to do was run away. The dream was so vivid that when she woke up, she always felt panicked. Sakura hadn't told the doctor about this specific dream, just that she was having some bad dreams and when she woke up she felt anxious. The doctor had told her that this was normal, and told her she had post-concussion syndrome. Tiredness, mood swings, bad dreams, trouble sleeping, and some memory loss were all part of this condition. The doctor had spoken to Mila, Wolfgang and Kiyoshi about some ways they could help Sakura, and prescribed an anxiety medication. The doctor had informed Sakura that it would take a few weeks for her to fully recover.

sudden-wake-up-after-nap.png

Sakura laid on her bed and practiced some deep-breathing exercises that the doctor had told her to do to help alleviate the anxiety. It seemed to help her relax, and soon she was feeling fine again. But Sakura knew what was causing these dreams, and until she dealt with it in real life, the dreams would continue.

She had totally forgotten about the dinner she had planned with Wolfgang before she disappeared, and when Kiyoshi had asked her about the table, she had panicked. It looked bad, right? I mean, she had called all her friends to tell them about the news when she was told she was going to Willow Creek. All except Wolfgang, whom she wanted to tell in person. And she knew what that table looked like. She was going to have a romantic dinner with someone, with candles and flowers to tell that person she was leaving. She could just imagine what Kiyoshi was thinking. She realized that even though Kiyoshi was leaving tomorrow, she would have to tell him what had happened with Wolfgang when they got home tonight.

sakura-viewing-photos.png

Kiyoshi deserved to know what she had done. He had been nothing but the perfect boyfriend, and had travelled so far just to search for her. Sakura was sure that if he hadn't been with Wolfgang on their search, that perhaps she might not have been found, and she might not be alive today. And he had written all those beautiful letters to her. And even though she had been in agony and had doubts when she hadn't received word from him, opening those letters together and reading them to each other was so very romantic. This was the Kiyoshi she remembered. The caring Kiyoshi she had given her heart to. Her kiss with Wolfgang, and Wolfgang's kiss back to her that evoked such feelings in her...she had to somehow erase that from her memory. Oh gosh...if only she could. She would always be grateful to Wolfgang for being a friend, and finding her, she owed him so much that she could never repay him. But, she had to forget that kiss had ever happened, and concentrate on her relationship with Kiyoshi. And for Sakura to open her heart more to Kiyoshi, she had to let go of the past and the "incident" with Wolfgang, Sakura was so scared about having to tell Kiyoshi. He would be so hurt. He had trusted her. What if he left her? It would be all her fault. Sakura just hoped that Kiyoshi would forgive her.

she-had-to-tell-him-tonight.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kiyoshi was waiting for Sakura in the conservatory and when she entered, he turned around and had a sharp intake of breath.

sakura-is-that-you.png

Kiyoshi: "Sakura...is that you? You look...you look so beautiful. I've never seen your hair like that before."

Sakura smiled, "I...I thought I would wear my hair down. Do you like it? Do you think I look okay?"

i-thiought-i-would-wear-my-hair-down.png

Kiyoshi came towards her and looked at her intensely: "Okay? I would say that you look more than okay. And if this party that your friend Joaquin was having wasn't in your honor, I would just want to skip it and stay here all night with you..."

I-DESIRE-YOU.png

[Sakura swallowed hard, and thought, "Oh my gosh! He wants me...I can see it in his eyes...he wants me right now. Of course he would, I mean he travelled all this way, rescued me...we read all our letters to each other together...things are good between us again. And, I have to admit, it's what I wanted to happen when we saw each other...I did want to be with him, too...but just not like this...I can barely walk...just not like this..."]

OH-MY-GOSH-HE-WANTS-ME.png

HOW-KIYOSHI-IS-FEELING.png

Kiyoshi saw the expression on Sakura's face and came towards her: "Sakura," he whispered, "I can't deny that I desire you right now, and want to "be" with you, but you were just released from the hospital, and I promise you...nothing is going to happen like "that" tonight. I just meant I wanted to hold you so very close to me and kiss you. I just want to keep these memories with me until we see each other again in another month. And then...when the time is right...yes, we will be together as one," he replied and kissed her hands.

sakura-you-are-neautiful.png

Sakura gave Kiyoshi such a loving look then, that Kiyoshi almost negated everything he had just said. All he really wanted to do was sweep Sakura into his arms and carry her upstairs to her bed. And yes, "be" with her.

well-take-it-slow-sakura.png

But instead, Kiyoshi gave Sakura a rose and told her that he wished he could be here for her real birthday, but was happy that he could share tonight with her. Sakura smiled at him again as he took her hand in his and they slowly walked to the party together.

for-you-sakura.png

WALK9-ING-TO-THE-PARTY-IN-THE-RAIN.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited April 2021
    April - Day 11: Weekend Getaway

PetrBce.png

Notes
    TtngRWy.png
    "Are you sure you're okay with this Beautiful? Just say the word and we'll stay home for the weekend."
    "I'm sure. I know you miss your brothers, and we always have fun together wherever we go."
    "I just wanted to be sure, considering not very much good happened there."

gYhwWKV.png
    "What do you mean? Mt. Komorebi is where I met you, where we fell in love, where we conquered a mountain together. Three of the very best things to ever happen in my life. I have more good memories than sad. Thanks to you."
    "You make me so happy, Beautiful. I just want you to be happy too, always. You deserve it."
    "I am, and always will be as long as we're together... are you ready to go?"
    "Yeah, let's do this. Is there anything I need to do? Close my eyes, hold my breath?"

FeBSn19.png
    "Nope, just hold still. Here we go!"
    "Gawd, you look so hot when you do that."
    "Yukimatsu Komorebiorius HUZZA!"
    *POOF*

KxUB5Uu.png
    "Hello? Anybody home? We're here! Jon!"

kYgfGzA.png
    "Hey Jon, so good to see you. Where's Joel?"
    "Good to see you too! He had to run into town for a few things. He'll be home later. Did you have a good trip?"
    "Oh yeah, the best. Seemed to go by in the blink of an eye."
    "Or the wave of a wand." Essa said with a wink for Josh.
    Jon and Essa shared a hug as well before she and Josh headed for Josh's old bedroom to take care of their things.

Back in the living room Jon asked if they were hungry and offered to make them something to eat. They thanked him but declined, having eaten before they left Britechester. Both were anxious to go to the mountain and hoped Jon would understand. He was fine with it and said he'd see them later. Jon and Joel had always been chill about such things. Essa and Josh headed out the door and ran together toward the gondolas.

XWDabFk.png
    They made a beeline for the rock walls upon reaching the top. Neither one had done any climbing in quite awhile, but both were still in great shape. It didn't take long at all to get the hang of it again. Josh reached Level 10 in rock climbing during their session and Essa is only about 50% away from maxing out as well.

RV4nPSk.png
    As the Sun rose Saturday morning, the two put on their skis to try out the Expert hill. Essa had been studying skiing with some skill books she'd bought and was looking forward to testing out what she'd learned, and perhaps leveling up a bit more. She'd reached Level 7 just by reading the books. Experience is the best teacher though.

UJdAVS7.png
    Josh, however, was already almost maxed out in skiing and looked like a pro on the slopes.

jPWsqvD.png
    At this awe-inspiring moment, Josh reached Level 10 in skiing! He also reached the top in snowboarding as well afterward.

Z4uepKX.png
    It didn't look so good for Essa when she tried snowboarding again. I thought she might fall before ever making it to the bottom of the slope.

LQUai2K.png
    She eventually got a handle on it though and made it to the bottom without another incident.

ta3B3mC.png
    The first time. The second time, she crashed and burned when trying to stop. Ouch! She's about 80% from reaching Level 10 and hopefully will top it out before they go back home Sunday night.

xKVstyF.png
    "Are you okay Beautiful? That looked like a nasty spill."
    "I'm fine, just a little bruised. Too bad there isn't a spell for that."
    "Would you like a massage? It might help."
    "Sounds wonderful!"

xs6rglT.png
    "Eh, I appreciate the thought Babe, but it's not really helping. Thanks anyway."
    "Aww, okay. I tried. Let's get something to eat and head for the Onsen. A warm soak probably will do you good."
    "The Onsen! Of course, I forgot about that. Great idea!"

yubZp8A.png
    "One order of Beef Yakisoba please."
    "I'll take one of those too, thanks!"

All those strenuous snowy sports had left both with a ravenous appetite. Their food disappeared almost as quickly as Essa had transportalated them to Mt. Komorebi. They walked hand-in-hand to the Onsen just a few hundred yards away.

bbfIlFS.png
    "Remember the last time we were here?"
    "How could I forget? We were driving each other crazy, you kept flattering me, giving me those sexy looks...Gawd, I tried so hard to get you to kiss me."
    "You could've kissed me."
    "I was afraid, just a kid with stars in her eyes, in love with an older man. I'm not afraid or a kid anymore though."

Ry3pTXC.png
    pdtnSdw.png
    aPPxvSf.png
    wtq0GV7.png
    fjCXHbg.png
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    I've got to stop getting so behind, ugh Doing a full week of posts in two days is a pain.
    - Day 43 full album: Knit Beanie.
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    April 11
    SYw8FjI.png

Bryons Diary
    I had a weird dream tonight. I knew it was a dream, because this for sure wouldn’t happen in real life.

6x6911s.png
    One by one, 7 of the people that I had kissed yesterday came over to my place.

x7jfUJY.png
    They all wanted to be in a relationship with me, so well, I asked them to make it official.

8XDeqhQ.png

BhRJHm9.png

aptNtsD.png

svyWlL6.png
    Only one person never showed up in this weird dream: Anas.

6BpCcIi.png
    Instead, I got a message on my phone. I had troubles reading it at first...

OkulzIW.png
    But when I was finally able to read it, memories started to come back to me...

78EYt51.png
    And I abruptly woke up.

(Bryon) “NAOKI!!!!”

OQNOLRC.png
    (Naoki) “Whoa. That scared me. Did you have a nightmare or something? Did I die?”

cVF1YEk.png
    (Bryon) “Na... Naoki?”
    (Naoki) “The one and only. Why do you look so surprised to see me?”

DZwK4Ri.png
    (Bryon) “Naoki!!! It’s you!!”

Everything came back to me. How Naoki ran out of the house a few days earlier, how I tried to find him, the headache I had soon after, the emptiness I felt, ... But Naoki looked like he had no idea why I was acting the way I was.

eag6dXN.png
    (Naoki) “What is wrong with you? Did you really have a nightmare??”

KiiZ0ib.png
    (Bryon) “You.. Don’t know?”
    (Naoki) “What? About how we were arguing about that Anas-guy yesterday, and how I went after him in my pj’s and gave him a mouthful of words I’d normally never use?”

9w0WBdC.png
    (Bryon) “That’s... Did you just say ‘yesterday’?”
    (Naoki) “Yeah, why?”
    (Bryon) “Which day is it?”
    (Naoki) “Thursday.”
    (Bryon) “It’s... Sunday today.”

wpBBvM0.png
    (Naoki) “You’re joking.”
    (Bryon) “I’m not. You’ve been away for 3 days. How do you not remember that?”
    (Naoki) “But I... If I wasn’t here... Where was I? I just felt like I was sleeping.”
    (Bryon) “I don’t know either...”

pVtgmOL.png
    There’s a little silence, but soon enough, Naoki snuggled up to me...

WrmBFnA.png
    And he gave me a kiss on my forehead.

YwMH0fg.png
    (Naoki) “Hey, don’t look like that. Whatever happened, I’m back now, aren’t I?”
    (Bryon) “Yeah... I just.. Don’t understand it...”

X8B45sU.png
    (Naoki) “For now, let’s just not think about this, okay? Come on, give your boyfriend a kiss.”

a8yFmX3.png
    Mom was also very happy to see Naoki again. I would’ve said the same about Kristine, but she was too busy with her food.

c8CHU0Q.png
    Anyways, the most enthusiastic person for sure was Jules.

(Jules) “Naoki!!!”

It was very weird for Naoki to find out that he was gone for 3 entire days. Nobody knew what had happened, but we were happy to be together again. Would we ever find out the truth? Maybe we shouldn’t worry too much. The past few days were exceptionally weird, but now, everything could finally go back to normal.

Behind the scenes
    Or so they thought, because of course, nothing is going to go back to normal just yet. Actually, this is only the beginning.
    i'm sorry that my game choose to name this female alien Anna. I hope the conversation is not too confusing because the names look alike xD

MrveI1g.png
    (Anas) “...”

h8s1gYR.png
    (Anna) “What’s up, Anas?”
    (Anas) “Nothing special. Just.. Heartbroken.”

sfDcVgs.png
    (Anna) “Didn’t it work out with that guy you liked?”

zXQLYiU.png
    (Anas) “No. I even started to hate him now.”
    (Anna) “But you were so in love with him at first?”

Hh4p7yD.png
    (Anas) “I mean, I’m still in love, but I just can’t see him anymore at the same time. He’s a total player.”

QcjCeUU.png
    (Anas) “How didn’t I notice that before...”

QpuzeaF.png
    (Anna) “Easy. That’s because he’s so in love with that guy over there.”

Hh4p7yD.png
    (Anna) “He probably turned him into a total different person. A better person.”

0Tvy8cv.png
    (Anas) “I wanted to be that person for Bryon...”

qP83W1c.png
    (Anas) “Now I just want to ruin his life.”
    (Anna) “What are you planning to do?”

Q73UCQ9.png
    (Anas) “I’ll give him Naoki back... But not without a little surprise...”

TXpDyDP.png
    (Anna) “Do you mean...?”
    (Anas) “Yes. Get everything ready for impregnation. We’re going to expand our family, and we’ll use Naoki to do so.”

MKADZf9.png
    (Anna) “Wooo! It’s been so long since we welcomed new family members!! When will we collect the baby?”
    (Anas) "Right after birth."
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    Update 101 - Summer Fun

pXVVEsr.jpg

Notes:
    Jules woke up with a headache the next morning, trying to piece together all the details from the night before.
    kPmRlNr.png

She reached for her phone, realizing she had several unread messages.
    8XVltH9.png

The first few were from Kaori, concerned that she had disappeared without any warning. Jules quickly texted her to let her know she was alive and well.

The next message was from Emmett. It read:
    Hey Jules, sorry we didn't get to talk last night. I looked for you so we could finish our conversation, but I guess you decided to head home early. Anyway, I'm busy today, or else I'd invite you over to my dorm to hang out and chat. Brittany's mom is coming to campus and taking us both out to lunch. Her parents are officially getting a divorce, so things are a bit tough with her family right now. But we should definitely catch up soon! Text me when you know your schedule for next semester.

She made a mental note to text him later once she knew her class schedule. She was going to have to make her decision about living in the dorms sooner rather than later, so it looked like she would need to seek advice from someone other than Emmett.

The last text was from Oliver, inviting her and Ruby to join his family at the beach by campus later that morning. It was the last day of summer, and the forecast promised a gorgeous day. She texted him back and told him that they would come over shortly.

After showering, eating some breakfast, and drinking several glasses of water, she felt a lot better, so she packed up her and Ruby's swimming things and headed over to Oliver and Sonia's home. Before they left, Oliver offered to do Ruby's hair again, this time in adorable twisted pigtails.

And then they were off. Ruby immediately ran into the water, excited to play, though Theo was a bit more hesitant.
    t9OQ6Vv.png

He soon happily joined Ruby though (no more grudge sentiment, yay!) and Oliver happily watched the kiddos for a bit.
    bRGPfvz.png

And Jules and Sonia talked a bit about her what courses she was planning to take next semester.
    2qw0bkG.png

Soon after, a woman and another small child walked over to the beach area.
    9SdORCe.png

"Friend!" Ruby exclaimed, excited to see another child.

"Ruby, you need to ask before-"
    BPHjUj1.png

Too late... :)
    UVAz68e.png

"Sorry," Jules apologized. "She's very outgoing when the mood strikes."

"It looks like Kristine doesn't mind," the woman answered with a smile. "It's nice there's some other kids here for her to play with." The woman introduced herself as Randi, and said that she and Kristine were visiting her son at Foxbury later in the afternoon. He just had a few last minute things to wrap up for the end of term, so they were enjoying the beach before heading over.

While Jules and Randi chatted, Ruby invited Kristine to play in the sand with her.
    8iyM4Hd.png
    W0kBjVn.png

Theo wandered out of the water with Oliver shortly after, and wanted to join in as well.
    Mv7pykn.png
    GHRZLyA.png

"Do you kiddos want me to help you build a really cool sand sculpture?" Oliver offered, and they all eagerly agreed. (Because even though toddlers can technically build sand sculptures, I do not for one minute believe that they actually have the skill to make anything more than a mound of sand :D)
    QfSBWcA.png
    JiFw3ha.png

The kids headed back into the water after that, and Jules decided to talk to Oliver about her dilemma about leaving Ruby and moving to the dorms.
    9oFuqtl.png

"Well, I say you should go for it," Oliver answered. "There is something unique about the college experience and living on campus, and it's really nice of your sister to offer to let you experience that in full for yourself. Plus, if you don't end up liking it, you can always move back home, and it will be easy enough for you to pop over and see Ruby whenever you want to."

Jules thanked him, and felt a little bit more at ease. Perhaps taking a semester for herself would be a nice idea.

The sun was beginning to dip lower in the sky, but before they each headed their separate ways, Jules exchanged numbers with Randi and they decided to take a photo of the kids since it would make such a nice memory.
    vxtiQgZ.png
    (And oh my goodness, I basically died from the cuteness of this <3)

Jules headed back with Ruby, ready to talk to Dell and Sofia about her decision to take them up on their offer to watch Ruby full time next semester.
    *Updated my April 11th post above! I apologize for it, but I probably won't be able to do any comments until later tonight. Hubby took a vacation day today and he's got a Honey Dew list as long as his arm for us when I get up later. :D Right now I need to feed my cats and get some sleep. I hope y'all have a wonderful day/night! <3
    April 12
    U0o0z0o.png

Bryons Diary
    The new term would begin today and for some reason I had a lot of new energy to start this new term.

UezS1kP.png
    I already finished all of my homework yesterday... with the help of Roo. Best assistant ever.

26wxbV5.png
    I’m now a Seasoned member of the Brainiacs, meaning I get some benefits when I attend the Brainiacs events. Yay!

xnoSFUe.png
    Unfortunately, I'm way too busy today to go to the event. I have 3 classes. No worries, I can go tomorrow!

eNN3E5F.png

After my classes, mom suddenly got this idea to visit Kumiko’s grave with Kristine.

hVZUEaA.png
    I decided to join them.

9stq7Wc.png

zJ943uA.png
    Mom thinks it’s important for Kristine to know who her real mom was, although she’ll always call my mom ‘mom’.

3IMNODC.png
    Mom went to sit down first and prayed for her.

IOaCnWe.png
    I followed. I’m not sure if Kristine knows what’s going on right now.

C4ehmjj.png
    I still had some spare energy to use when we came back from the graveyard. I decided to sign myself up to be a Tutor this week, and today was my first session.

H4uw6hf.png
    Look how close by this building is. Easy peasy.

wqewPrC.png
    Or well, that’s what I thought. The session lasted way longer than I thought it would, and I was exhausted. I have to do this for an entire week? Oof.
    @permanentrose
    Yuki in the hot dog costume. Sheesh, I guess she does need to get out more. ;) Or not, considering how she tried to off herself. o.O Glad Jules was able to unwind a bit, she's got a lot to think about.

That's the beauty of 'juice.' It can help relax you, yes, but maybe TOO relaxed if you drink too much. She's single though, like you said, so a little flirting, and more isn't beyond the pale. She stopped before it went too far anyway. I'm finding it fascinating and entertaining how y'all are handling your tries at the Serial Romantic aspiration. The only way Essa will ever do that one is if something happens to Josh beyond my control.

Looks like everyone else had a great time at the party, including Essa.

I always forget that Josh can teleport until I click on him for something else and see the option. Essa on the otherhand has 'always transportalate' ticked for herself so she does it whether I tell her to or not. I thought it was funny she was so shocked. I would've thought she'd just take it all in stride and think, 'Huh, well that's cool. I wonder how he learned to do that' and just smile or something. However, the AI is setup for everyone to have the exact same reactions. Nope, no hot tub action, but today's post makes up for that. ;)

I had SO much fun watching him do the Aqua Jet animations without the Aqua Jet. It was hilarious! I didn't think it was possible at first. When I clicked on the water, I was too close to shore. When I tried to have him place the Aqua Jet in world, it said something like, 'must be placed where Sims can swim.' Had Josh swim out farther and it worked fine after that. I really like that last screenshot too, it is very pretty.

I know very well how toddlers act, I raised three of my own and have three Grandchildren, two of which are currently toddlers. Jules is young, has a lot on her plate, I'm sure as she gains more experience and things settle down she'll do fine.

As for my plans? You'll just have to wait and see. ;)

Fun chapter with Jules going to the beach with Oliver and his family. How cute that Randi showed up with Kristine too. Not much cuter than toddlers in this game. Pets are adorable too, but toddlers rule the cute roost in my opinion. It will be fun seeing these three grow up together and hopefully stay good friends all their lives.

@lilypadmeulin
    I agree, I loved that look on her. That outfit is one of my favorites in the game. Thanks for doing that! :) And I'm glad she could help Jenny, if only a little.

Ah, yes, I can certainly understand why she'd be upset. Having the perfect, typical love story with two parents that love each other raising their children together is what a lot of people in real life dream about. But like you said, that doesn't always happen, things change.

Thankfully, a family isn't always defined as everyone biologically related either. I can see her being mostly angry at Rohan for their children's sake now too because of that dream she had. Somehow I figured Rohan's grandparents wouldn't know about their grandchildren just from his personality and actions.

@SoulGal7
    Aww, man, poor Sakura having those dreams of what really happened to her. I can see how that would cause a lot of anxiety and perhaps be a bit terrifying as well. Glad the Doctors are trying to help her with that. I wonder if she'll ever fully remember, probably not.

Oh, good on Sakura for thinking about telling Kyoshi, to come 'clean' even though it's Kyoshi who really needs to confess. What he did is much, much worse than just a couple kisses. o.O I really, really love that hairstyle on Sakura, as you know. The pigtails were really cute too, for when she was a teen. But she's a young adult now and this hairstyle makes her look a little more like it in my eyes. It just suits her too in my opinion.

I'm guessing because of the things they were both feeling, about wanting to be with each other and the romantic gestures, Sakura decided to put off telling him about Wolfgang until later. Very curious to see what happens at the party.

@AnnoyingTiger
    April 7th - Congrats to Astrid for collecting another badge. So cute seeing Duane play with Penelope. 'Tommy Collins.' Did you name that Sim? It's funny because if not, the AI made his name a drink! :D Her 'spline reticulations are second to none' What does that mean? Aww, poor kitty under the bed. I'm guessing there was a thunderstorm or something?

April 8th - Looks like she's enjoying the Programming skill. Congrats for completing another Painter Extraordinaire milestone. So, is Duane still a teen? Was that his project they were doing together? I had no idea. I figured they were both YAs now for some reason. LOL Love the shot of Makoa swimming in their pool in his fins and goggles.

April 9th - Ah GeekCon, one of my favorite festivals. Congrats to Astrid for earning another badge. Yay! Winner winner chicken dinner indeed! Go Astrid for winning the programming competition! So, Astrid's a celebrity? Okay, I see they are still teens. Ugh, picky eater phase. Yay! Congrats to Astrid for getting promoted to Llamacorn Scout! She had a lot of good things happen in this chapter. :)

April 10th - Congrats for maxing out the painting skill! Ugh, the sad mood swing. I'm so glad Essa's a YA now and doesn't have to suffer through those things. You know, Astrid could drink a potion of emotional stability and give one to Duane to drink too. That'll wipe those moods out instantly! hehe The gift from Bjorn! Essa was gifted that stallion from Kent too. Aww, love the selfie! They are such a cute couple. Absolutely love her photo walls. Lots of great memories eh? :)

April 11th - So happy to see Astrid and Essa are still friends. :) Doesn't surprise me Duane would keep his shoes on, he's seems like the rebellious type. :D Congrats on the beanie sale! Awww, adorable screenshot of Penelope eating in the chair. The beanie and the look on her face is priceless. Looks like the kitties have been using that chair for a scratching post though. o.O

@Skeilah
    Absolutely love that screenshot of Bryon's shocked face when he remembers Naoki! And I'm guessing that 'dream' really happened for the aspiration. So, so glad Naoki is back in Bryon's and everyone else's life that loves him. Too bad Anas gave Naoki a little parting gift though. o.O That's going to cause some interesting drama for sure!

Very cool Bryon is now a Seasoned member of the Brainiacs! Go Bryon! That will help a lot with his schooling, not that he needs it. I know you're only having them visit Kumiko's grave to strengthen her spirit, but I like how you wrote the story around it in an effort to help Kristine know who her real Mom was/is. I know you probably haven't for story purposes, but I'm just curious if there's another reason why Bryon hasn't used the Necrocall and Dedeadify spells to bring Kumiko back to life? He must know that he can do that. Oh man, tutoring takes SO long! And they have to tutor 5 students for the aspiration. So glad I have Josh to play with while Essa is tutoring.

Think I'm all caught up now! Yay! \o/ Well...except for today's post for myself. As usual, I can't play until later after Hubby goes to bed. I guess technically, I could. But when he's here and awake, we do so much together and talk so much, I get too distracted to play and end up making mistakes. I much prefer playing with nobody around so I can focus properly. So, I'll be on the forum for a bit, but will play, post for today and comment again if anyone has posted more later.

Hope y'all had/are having a great day! <3
    @Karababy52
    The 'dream' indeed really happened for the aspiration, but there was already a lot of drama going on, so I choose the easy way of using it as a dream, hehe. I'm also super happy to have Naoki back where he belongs!

Back then, I personally didn't knew that there was a spell like Necrocall or Dedeadify. Bryon didn't learn all the spells. Just enough for the aspiration (I am a lazy person after all lol). But even if I knew about the spells, I wouldn't have brought Kumiko to life. I would pretend that Spellcasters just didn't have the power to bring someone back to life. That's a thing only Grim can do.

Tutoring indeed takes super long! I'm also glad that I have Randi, Kristine and now also Naoki to play with, theehee.

I chuckled in your story at this moment:

"Did you have a good trip?"
    "Oh yeah, the best. Seemed to go by in the blink of an eye."
    "Or the wave of a wand." Essa said with a wink for Josh.

Hehehehehe.
    edited April 2021
    @SoulGal7
    Poor Sakura :( She's really going through so much, it does make sense that it would be causing her a lot of anxiety. Hopefully when she's is honest with Kiyoshi, he decides to be honest with her as well. I really like Sakura's down hairstyle as well - it's very becoming on her <3 And poor Sakura, feeling a bit pressured to be intimate with Kiyoshi, but also knowing that physically, she's just not ready and I'm glad that they aren't going to do it before they talk. Whoever Sakura has her "first time" with, I'm sure it's going to be a very special moment :)

@Karababy52
    Ah, yes, there's my hot tub action! ;) That was a really nice idea for them to go visit Josh's brothers, and it also gave you some time to skill build on stuff you didn't finish that month. Josh and Essa are really in such a different place now, not only because they're both young adults now, but it must be so nice and different to play the skills at Mt. Komorebi without the pressure of the aspiration. The first month of this challenge was just especially different and hard with getting our sims on their feet, so it must be nice for you to just to enjoy Mt. Komorebi with Essa without dealing with all that!

Glad they got to properly enjoy the hot springs too, and it looks like they were in need of cleaning after Josh and Essa had some fun in there LOL :D

Yuki catching on fire was quite accidental, but I thought it was especially funny that she was in a hot dog costume. Poor Yuki. The real reason she was actually wearing a hotdog costume is because that was the party outfit she had in her wardrobe. I think I meant to include her Brittany's high school Halloween party and then forgot, and then she still had that costume, and when I saw it, I was like, let's just go with this and have it wear it to this party!

Jules is gonna have a little bit of trouble managing her "juice" drinking this semester, lol. Gonna make her enjoy getting a little too loosened up in order to finish this aspiration, I hope I can pull it off without being untrue to Jules' true character. It's a fun challenge to try to make this aspiration actually work. Ten sims is just so many sims to kiss! Even if I did this aspiration over a longer period of time, it's just still SO MANY lol. I at least had gotten to the kiss ten sims stage of the aspiration while she was still with Lydia, so technically she just needs to kiss 9 more. Well, 8 now, thanks River! It's a bummer it doesn't count sims in retrospect for that specific part of this aspiration, because Mario should totally count in that. I think I have a plan...we'll see if I can pull this off :)

I do hope that Ruby can stay friends with these two as she grows up, I agree that would be super cute. And I agree - pets are cute, but toddlers take the cake.

@AnnoyingTiger
    And Astrid's busy life continues! She really is juggling so much - high school, her BF, motherhood, 3 cats, scouts...and all the other random shenanigans that life throws at her. She looks like she's enjoying it though. I do enjoy when you add a little bit of dialogue in your screenshots every now and then, you always tend to make a comment that makes me smile, like Duane saying he doesn't need her help, but he'd love it. Cute little banter! Glad to see you posting when you can - I hope you're having some fun with your updates still :)

@Skeilah
    The dream sequence was a nice touch, takes a lot of the pressure off making this aspiration fit into your story, like I'm struggling to do now lol. You and soulgal7 were smart to add a fantasy/mystical element to this aspiration. Gets your sims off the hook from being total players, unlike my Jules, who is totally starting to go down that road :D

And yay, Naoki is back, but with a little surprise!!! So excited to see where this goes ;)

I also love that you had Kristine, Randi, and Bryon go visit Kumiko's grave. That was a super sweet thing to do, to make sure that Kristine feels connected to her mom and can cherish her memory. And ugh, not looking forward to doing the tutoring part of this aspiration....
    edited April 2021
    April - Day 12: "Some things are better the second time around."

zigAP7W.png

Notes
    qAcVtKF.png
    After resting for awhile, Josh and Essa got up, had a bite to eat and a chat with Jon and Joel before packing their gear and leaving for the mountain. They wanted to be at the top before sunrise. Josh wondered if perhaps they should postpone the climb since Essa had fallen while snowboarding. But Essa insisted she was fine. Besides, if it seemed she was struggling, she could always transportalate to the top of the climbing walls, and Josh teleport.

Jon and Joel wished them good luck for a safe climb and went to bed. They would hopefully see them again sometime early or late afternoon if all went according to plan.

Halfway up, Essa saw some pale green spirits hovering, dancing and glowing above the snow and gave them a respectful greeting along with a requested wish. She was granted a gift of 12 hours of energy. Perfect for her immediate needs. It was exciting for both to see them since they hadn't encountered any on their first climb together.

V0dhHA9.png
    The rest of the climb was pretty much routine for them, they were prepared and knew what to expect. Close to the top, they found a cave and decided to take advantage of the discovery for a little early morning fireworks. The perfect thing to warm up from the cold, crisp air during their climb to this point.

orHbFcd.png
    They were blessed with the appearance of even more lovely dancing spirits upon their emergence from the cave. This time Josh showed his respects and requested a wish. Whether they didn't approve of their antics or found something else lacking with Josh's encounter with them, they had no way of knowing, but Josh was only gifted 1 simolean. Ah well, both agreed it was still fun to see them.

ogglUfx.png
    Finally, they reached the top.

"Wow, it's all still here, the snow pal, gnome, snow angels, all of it. Everything we put here is exactly the same, like we'd never left."
    "Well, not everything is the same. There's one thing I wanted to do very much the first time, but didn't/couldn't."
    "Oh? What was it?"

DO9mwMH.png
    "Take you in my arms, like this, and kiss you."

t6EZ2YP.png

RDM2fFW.png
    "I love how you look at me that way, your eyes shining, brighter than the stars."

YqajvQo.png
    "For you! Though it's beauty pales in comparison to yours."
    "How'd you get that up here without crushing it? It's beautiful."
    "It wasn't easy, but you're worth it."
    "Aww, Josh, you're so sweet."

pJ4xe4J.png
    "There's something else very special I want to give you and ask you Beautiful. I confess I had another reason for wanting to climb here other than just for the fun of being here again with you and sharing moments we couldn't have before."
    "What could be more special than just being here with you again? That's enough for me. You don't have to give me anything else, I don't need things to make me happy. As long as I have you, that's all that matters."
    "Oh but I think you'll like this, at least I hope you do. I want to give you my heart, my soul and all my love forever. I want to share the rest of my life with you, have babies with you, grow old together. There's no one else for me and there never will be, I love you Essa, my Beautiful, my best friend, my heart, my love..."

F9ytTdy.png
    "Will you marry me?"

VdJOSfu.png
    *GASP* "Oh, oh my gawd, oh Josh...I think I'm going to cry! I don't know what to say."
    "Say yes!"

nBZQYA1.png
    "Oh man, it's beautiful!."
    "Maybe you'd like to try it on? See if it fits and...say yes?"
    (She's killing me here. Just say it Beautiful, please?)

mZwYvAA.png
    "Oh look, it fits perfectly! I love it. Yes, yes, YES a million times yes, I'll marry you! You had to know I would Josh."
    "I had a feeling, but it's still nice to hear the words."
    "I love you Josh and can't wait to marry you, have babies and grow old together... everything you said."

lxZaY2i.png

7TZRUz4.png
    "I feel like to luckiest girl in the world right now. I'm so happy Josh."

XKoSxNd.png
    "I promise to love you and be the best wife and Mother to our children you've ever had."

5bsXx2a.png
    "Well that's good because you're going to be the ONLY wife and Mother of my children I'll ever have."
    "You can put me down now if you want."
    "In a minute..."
    The newly engaged couple shared a few more snuggles and kisses, with Essa gently wiping away a tear from the corner of Josh's eye and then her own before he finally put her down.

2Ra2G1g.png
    Josh and Essa built a couple more Snowpals to join the first one and made Snow Angels to further mark the occasion, and then watched together as the Sun began to rise over the mountain top.

9GXqrNH.png
    Here's what the Snowpals they made look like. I used the enablefreebuild cheat to move them closer together. I like how the little guy appears to be reaching for the taller one's mittened hand. I named them 'Josh loves Essa forever' for Josh's Snowpal the taller one, and 'Essa loves Josh forever' for the little punk Snowpal.

In case you're wondering, Josh, Essa and maybe their children will be the only ones to ever reach the top of Mt. Komorebi in this save file. They will be back again, probably more than once and perhaps even build a little cabin there so they can stay longer.

LEzb5Fe.png
    "Maybe you should pinch me, because this doesn't seem real. I never thought my life would turn out this wonderful. I guess dreams really do come true."

es91FIk.png
    "Yes, they do. I've been dreaming of this, having you be truly mine since the day we met. I didn't think it could really happen, but never gave up hope that one day it would. We were meant to be together Beautiful. I'll love you forever, until the end of time and beyond."

vkY1FN2.png
    YiemMTg.png

C7teMzs.png
    I love this special sentiment they both got for each other. Essa's says the following, with Josh's saying the same only reversed...

No Mountain High Enough for This Love
    Enamored Sentiment

"Essa should have been more careful while climbing Mt. Komorebi because now she has fallen deeply in love. Where Josh goes, Essa wants to go there, too, and no mountain can get in the way of their love."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top