Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Accidental Leaks - Auto Sofas, Hair, and Trait/Aspiration or something new Slot

Hey y'all so I raced to the forum to see if anyone was discussing the leaks and couldn't find any posts on it.

Sims Community has a short article on it.

But this short video (it is in German) on YouTube discusses it all. Don't worry if you don't speak German you can still pretty much understand what the guy is discussing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEx39TRtIsk&ab_channel=SimFans.de

So what do y'all think?
Auto Sofas
ExMJY6HU8A4sdX3-1536x862.jpeg

New Hair Colors
Hair-Colors.png

New Aspiration/Trait/Something Else
New-Something.png

wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited April 2021
    I'm looking forward to Auto Sofas. I'm hoping that extra trait slot is actually zodiacs.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    They’re in discussion in CLP’s April patch speculation thread
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    What is an auto sofa? I don't understand what that is supposed to be or why anyone would be excited about it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    What is an auto sofa? I don't understand what that is supposed to be or why anyone would be excited about it.

Like how the kitchen counters work, where there are individual pieces to create a unique shape. I think people are mostly excited because of the ability to create sectional sofas. I know that I will be thrilled if that is truly what is coming!
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member

@Cinebar I don't know if you recall, but Sims 2 has a similar feature in which you can place individual couch pieces together to make a long couch. I always had fun with it. I don't know if it allows you to make corners with it.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited April 2021
    there was few discussions separately around livestream time but it be handy having it all in one discussion

personally I'm hoping the new trait/aspiration related slot is something like fatal flaw or worst fear

if its horoscopes...
    I had lot of annoyances with that in some of the past games and i don't feel it really adds anything to my game that much

like if its about how compatible sims are id really rather they go by the turn off turn on system which would be much more elaborate than just ...fate

and if its about personality I'm really not fond of horoscope stereotypes

cause i swear it makes simself making all more irritating when game decides you are not your horoscope cause u clean ur house like wow gee thanks sims 1 *pouts*

and if its by birth date instead of personality which yes it kinda should be ...oh boy would there be a mess to deal with the already existing sims... especially because I mainly play premades and I've brought over few families from ts2 and such and hngh

but overall i wonder if game will autofill that slot for existing sims or if I have to actually take them to cas to add it or if it will be gained in game in some way

whatever it is there really better be easy way to change it for any sim you'd like

i really hope its not one of those slap random thing on players sim with no control kinda things
    *cough lifestyles cough sentiments*
    anyway that was enough
    *fear the worst* talk

obviously I'm mostly excited for these
    especially been needing some more natural haircolors for the longest time and its nice to see they're working on it

and well if auto sofa finally gives me those nice sofa piece things and its in enough swatches i shall rejoice cause i swear I be missing the heck out of em
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member

@Cinebar I don't know if you recall, but Sims 2 has a similar feature in which you can place individual couch pieces together to make a long couch. I always had fun with it. I don't know if it allows you to make corners with it.

From what I remember, in TS2, there was a very specific seat that was modular, and it could do corner pieces. I used that seat a lot.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Thanks for the answers! So, it seems it's more than sectional couch seats since there is a button on the screen that says Auto Sofa...I guess any couch piece/chair or some will be able to be sectional if they have a button for it. Right? Maybe.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    @Cinebar wrote: »

It's like counters but for sofas. In TS2 and TS3 if you place modular sofas together they'll automatically form a corner when you put one rotated against the other allowing L and U shaped couches..
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Thanks for the answers! So, it seems it's more than sectional couch seats since there is a button on the screen that says Auto Sofa...I guess any couch piece/chair or some will be able to be sectional if they have a button for it. Right? Maybe.

Right. But they have to add new types of couches for that, that work similar to counters.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Right. But they have to add new types of couches for that, that work similar to counters.

This.

Otherwise they’d have to rework every single couch in the game already to make it separate pieces that can then turn into new shapes. So I don’t think any of the current couches will become modular, they’ll just add new ones. Unless couches are easier to redo than counters.

edited April 2021
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

This.

Otherwise they’d have to rework every single couch in the game already to make it separate pieces that can then turn into new shapes. So I don’t think any of the current couches will become modular, they’ll just add new ones. Unless couches are easier to redo than counters.

...depends on how it's done. In TS3 I think they had about 4 states for the same piece. Alone, when snapped to another piece, the inner corner piece and the outer corner piece.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I’ve seen the hair and aspiration thing mentioned but this is my first time seeing the auto sofas!

Hopefully auto sofa will mean we finally get legit sectionals!
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member

@SelinaKyles is CLP the user name on the forum?
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    troshalom wrote: »

It's in my April Patch Speculation Thread.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    troshalom wrote: »

It's in my April Patch Speculation Thread.
    @catloverplayer found it. And saw the fourth leak calendars. I'm beginning to think EA did this on purpose

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited April 2021
    The game could use some more hair color. Any one up for a trip to the store for some hair dye? :D
    Auto sofas? I don't know about that one. I mean that sofas already snap into place in the game. Plus one can always free place sofas by turning off snapping to grid. I don't see the need for auto sofas, unless they have something special for placement of sofas in mind that's not already in the game.