Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    April 8th

Close Your Eyes and Count To Ten

04-09-21_2-40-19_PM.png?width=721&height=577

Due to how the house was laid out, Morgan ended up sharing a room with Jenny. She said that she didn’t mind, and even joked that it was nice to have a sister she got along with. They moved her bed next to the computer, while Jenny’s big, empty double bed remained where it was.

04-09-21_12-12-09_PM.png?width=721&height=577

It took about a month for things to settle into their new normal, and Morgan helped Jenny set up a nursery in the room that had housed the plants. She scrubbed it, cleaned it, and left it in a state where Jenny could pick out furnishings to turn it into a modest nursery. They even found a gorgeous bassinet at a local shop that looked as though it was straight out of Sleeping Beauty.

04-09-21_12-12-43_PM.png?width=721&height=577

As predicted, Megumi was overjoyed, but as Kiyoshi had been picked for the Olympic training camp, she sadly couldn’t visit. Instead, she sent two beautiful scrolls that she’d picked out as presents for the nursery, along with a lovely letter for Jenny. The scrolls were hung up in the nursery immediately, and the letter made Jenny cry with longing to see her adoptive mother again.

04-09-21_2-16-04_PM.png?width=721&height=577

04-09-21_2-16-26_PM.png?width=721&height=577

Morgan, for the record, was a good housemate, and the afternoon that Jenny went to go speak with Rohan, she promised to cook for when she got back.

“It’ll be mac and cheese again, but I don’t think you mind that much.” She winced. “Let me know how it goes, okay?”

04-09-21_2-26-54_PM.png?width=721&height=577

Rohan was waiting at the bar in Mt Komorebi when Jenny arrived, and he turned to greet her with the same look he always did. That look quickly turned to surprise and shock and, she was sad to see, a little bit of horror as he took in her stomach.

“What the--?”

04-09-21_2-33-13_PM.png?width=721&height=577

“Rohan, I’m pregnant.”

“Well, no freakin’ duh!” He stared at her. “I...Is this why you wanted to meet up? You’ve been ignoring my texts--”

“I’ve been giving myself some space to think things over.” Jenny tried to steel herself. “I needed to do some thinking, actually.”

04-09-21_2-37-50_PM.png?width=721&height=577

“What did you need to think about so badly that you wouldn’t tell me you were pregnant?”

“Well, for one thing, I was trying to figure out how you’d react, and honestly, you’re not giving me the best impression here.” Jenny felt something in her snap. “And if you want me to be really blunt about this, then I have to ask the same thing of you. What were you thinking, pretending that you didn’t know I wanted to move in with you instead of having an actual conversation with me?”

04-09-21_2-35-11_PM.png?width=721&height=577

He balked, but didn’t back down. “That’s not the same thing. Were you even going to tell me?”

“Yes. I was always going to tell you. You know why? Because you have conversations with your partner about the stuff that matters. You know what’s happening right now? We’re talking about it!”

04-09-21_2-35-28_PM.png?width=721&height=577

“We’re actually having an argument in the street, and you’re embarrassing me--”

“Oh, really?” Jenny threw her hands up. “Well, it’s not like we’re married! Isn’t that what you said?”

He stopped dead in his tracks. “Where did you hear that?”

04-09-21_2-36-35_PM.png?width=721&height=577

“A lot of people know all about that, actually."

“No way. That was a private conversation! Have you been spying on me? That’s crazy!”

“Your sister told her friends, actually, and it’s been spread pretty far. If I ever want to go to Windenburg or Britechester, I’ll be a laughing stock. Don’t you dare act like this is on me, Rohan, or I swear I’ll do something we’ll both regret.” The anger in her voice seemed to shake him, but she didn’t care until he opened his mouth.

“So what, you decided to trap me to force me into it? That’s sick.”

04-09-21_2-36-02_PM.png?width=721&height=577

Are you kidding me?” She stared at him. "That's what you think of me?"

04-09-21_2-37-37_PM.png?width=721&height=577

"Well..." He looked like he didn't know what to say, but her anger overtook her. He'd put her through so much, and now this was how he was reacting?

“No, Rohan, it just happened! We did what we did, and this is the result. It’s natural, and I would never- See, this is why I didn’t think you were ready to talk about it! You’re never going to be mature enough to listen to me! I told you your sister is airing our dirty laundry, and you accuse me of baby trapping you like I’d ever want to live with you again! You won’t have a conversation with me even to tell me you don’t want to live together yet, you tried to force me to live in a place that’s full of painful memories for me, and now you’re accusing me of getting pregnant to manipulate you!”

04-09-21_2-36-23_PM.png?width=721&height=577

“Jenny, I--”

“No, Rohan!” She clenched her fists. “You’ve put me through so much for so long, I think it’s time I was kind to myself for once. This is over. It’s over.”

04-09-21_2-39-18_PM.png?width=721&height=577

“What?” He stared at her.

“You’ve been running around like your actions...like they don’t matter, but they do. They do, and they have consequences. I would have done anything for you, but now because of you, I have different priorities than just running around after you for the rest of my life. I can’t do this any more.”

“You can’t be serious.” He stepped back. “You can’t be serious. You’re carrying my kid, and you’re breaking up with me?

“Don’t you know this hurts me too?” Jenny looked up at him, knowing that her hurt must be showing on her face. “Rohan, you were the first person I could really trust again, and you threw it back in my face. I loved you. I still…” She cut herself off. “I can’t do this. Look at us, do you think we’re happy?”

04-09-21_2-39-41_PM.png?width=721&height=577

He turned his face away.

“Leave. I don’t want to see you right now.” He said it roughly.

04-09-21_2-38-49_PM.png?width=721&height=577

“What about our baby?” She looked at him pleadingly.

“I can’t discuss that right now.” He started to storm towards the bar. “And frankly, if it’s with you? I don’t want to.”

Interlude 1
    Dear Jenny,

I could not be prouder of the independent young woman you have become, and I have faith that you will pass these beautiful qualities of yours onto your child. I always thought that after Nanami, I would have no more children, but as I have told you before, you are like a daughter to me. I am thankful we met, and thankful that I have seen you grow and bloom into someone so strong, so kind, and so passionate.

Becoming a mother can be daunting, but I look forward to knowing your child, and I look forward to visiting you when I can.

Sent with my love,

Megumi Ito

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @permanentrose - thank you so much for your heartfelt praise on my last chapter. That one took a bit of time to figure out how I was going to write it. But I think it pretty much relayed what each sim was thinking about. I know this is just The Sims, but I really try to get into the minds of these characters. Based on their traits and history with a sim, I try to figure out how they would react or how they would feel. Sometimes, it would certainly be nice to have some cc poses for the game, like slow dancing, and someone carrying a sim in their arms, but I have to work with what I have. Some sims are way more expressive than others. It must be based on their traits or something, but it's kind of funny. Anyway, thanks again. It really made my day.

Did you catch the part about Sakura hearing a voice where she thought it was her mother reading her a tale as a child of a princess who lived among the fairies? So, had Sakura fallen and hit her head at The Bluffs and had dreamt about the fairies, or was she really taken by the fairies? A little food for thought there :) hehehe
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @SoulGal7 I did see that part, I was wondering how much she'd remember and what would affect her life going forward. Curious to see if you acknowledge this little interlude in her life again, or if this was the perfect time to tie it up in an ambiguous way
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    April 8
    4dMuew5.png

Bryons Diary
    Just as promised, mom was making breakfast for me and Kristine.

(Bryon) “Hey mom, can you keep something for me aside? I have classes soon.”

MtwIIfA.png
    (Randi) “Oh, really? I totally forgot.. Sorry..."
    (Bryon) "You don't have to be sorry. We can eat together after my class?"

5eHolnJ.png
    (Randi) "Oh yeah, that's a great idea, let's do a brunch instead!"

sr1lDMh.png
    (Bryon) “That would be awesome, thanks! See you in a few hours then, okay?"
    (Randi) "Okay!!"

FMeNuuf.png
    I got an e-mail on Plopsy while I was in my class. Finally, somebody wants to buy my beanie!!

4YL98ba.png
    This has been stuck here for forever, lol.

wOAjR0i.png
    I immediately shipped the beanie to that person when I got home.

UqGfusD.png
    After that, l had my brunch with mom and Kristine.

JHNMdLx.png
    I had everything, but... Since last night, I felt like something was missing. I couldn’t put my finger on it, but there was an empty space in my heart. But what was it?

JjeTuqF.png
    Anas was still sick, so I couldn’t talk about this problem with him. So instead, I went to Gabbie and Isaius. Jules was also sitting there. Apparently she and Hugo are friends. What a small, little world.

(Bryon) "So yeah, it's a weird feeling.."
    (Gabbie) "That's a little weird indeed. Maybe you should see a doctor?"
    (Isaius) "Or do you actually have feelings for someone and you're just in a denial phase? Hahahah!"
    (Bryon) "No, I'm not even really seeing someone, so that can't be it."

We laughed a bit about it, but actually, this wasn't something to laugh with. I felt it, and it was immense.

wiDAQKu.png
    We later decided to join a guest lecture together.

PoGUCj3.png
    You can immediately see who can’t wait to join, and who doesn’t care at all, lol😂

M5XOSOn.png
    After the guest lecture... Jules approached me.

(Jules) “So, you also feel it? I'm sorry, but I overheard you earlier.”
    (Bryon) "Hm?"
    (Jules) “You mean, that... hole in your heart. I feel it too.”
    (Bryon) "You do?"
    (Jules) "Yes! It's making me crazy! I really thought something was wrong with me... But apparently I'm not the only one with this feeling..."

qpK2ri7.png
    (Bryon) “Ehm... You have your private dorm, right?”
    (Jules) “Well, I share it with my daughter, but yes.”
    (Bryon) “Can we go over there to talk more privately about this?”
    (Jules) “Sure.”

hMw7eoE.png
    (Bryon) "Hey, Isaius, we'll be going! Thanks for today!"
    (Isaius) "No problem bro. Get home safe!"

And so, Jules and I went to her dorm.

LekxhHF.png
    (Bryon) “I don’t think I’ve ever been here before. Nice place.”
    (Jules) “Heh, thanks.”

8qRYLsD.png
    (Bryon) “Where’s Ruby?”
    (Jules) “Oh, she’s with my sister until tomorrow. She really wanted to go there because they have a dog. Silly, right?”
    (Bryon) “Not at all. I think it's cute.”
    (Jules) “She’s cute indeed. I love her so much. You must love your little sister too, right?”

pAooOGr.png
    (Bryon) “Yeah, a lot. But still.. I have the perfect family... but something is missing...”
    (Jules) “I have that exact same feeling... But I can’t say what it is I miss...”

Ur6SAkg.png
    (Bryon) “I don’t know why, but I feel connected to you. Not in a romantic way really, but just like... We really share that... Hole. Is that weird?“
    (Jules) “I kinda feel the same way.”

Qg4HsEW.png
    (Bryon) “Come here for a moment”
    (Jules) “Oh, why?"
    (Bryon) "I just want to test something."

7ULmmfB.png
    (Jules) “Do you really have to look like that?”
    (Bryon) "Like what?"
    (Jules) "Like you're going to kiss me any second."
    (Bryon) "Oh, but I'm not going to kiss you. You're going to kiss me."

KuvJjGz.png
    (Jules) “What?! I don’t know if that’s such a great idea... I mean... First of all, you're gay.”
    (Bryon) “You have my permission.”
    (Jules) “But why so suddenly?"
    (Bryon) "Just see it as a test. Nothing more."
    (Jules) “A test? Eh. Well, okay. A test. Ehhh... here goes nothing?”

ClvEmMv.png

ON8zQeS.png
    (Jules) “Eh, did your test work?"
    (Bryon) “... Did you feel that too?"
    (Jules) “You mean... You felt it too? I felt like that hole was disappearing for a moment..."

B70gwBp.png
    (Bryon) “ I’ll have to make sure... I'm sorry.”
    (Jules) “Whoa!”

LsVycBi.png
    It really went away. The hole disappeared as long as I was kissing Jules. I don't even know why or how, but that didn't really matter to me. It disappeared, it felt comforting... And I think Jules felt the exact same..

IAbnvv7.png
    So we just...

k3JVkrg.png
    Kept going...

ZnMb0BA.png
    (Bryon) "You okay?"
    (Jules) "Oh, I never felt more okay. Just.. Not feeling that hole is the best feeling ever."
    (Bryon) "Couldn't agree more."

RvRVeg6.png

Behind the scenes
    Meanwhile...

DGahNhR.png
    (Alien in front of Naoki) "Naoki... Why did you have to get in my way like that...? If you just let it happen, I didn't have to do this to you..."

w7nYnfm.png
    (Alien) "I actually liked you..."

6OJcjuF.png
    (Anas) "But not really, haha! I don't even feel the slightest bit guilty, actually. Bryon will be mine, and I'll make sure that he'll never remember you again."

E8jccad.png
    (Anas) "Make sure that he doesn't wake up, okay?"

rIa9mCv.png
    (Guy 1) "Of course! He won't escape!"
    (Woman) "We'll make sure of that."
    (Guy 2) "It's not possible for someone to get in here, and it's not possible for him to get out. No worries, Anas. Even if he wakes up, he can't go anywhere."

(Anas) "Good. Keep it that way."
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    @Skeilah

My heart is absolutely breaking. I can understand why they're doing this, but at the same time, Naoki is going through something so terrible, and then...they're doing this while he is.
    @lilypadmeulin - April 8th - UGH is what I say to this chapter, and UGH OMG is what I say about Rohan. Oh wow, Rohan is so awful to Jenny. He doesn't even want to talk to her about the (his) baby. Wow! He is so not nice in your world. Puts all the blame on Jenny and says she is embarrassing him! Geez! Poor Jenny, but maybe she had already figured that she would have to go this alone. But, perhaps she just wasn't expecting this from Rohan. At least Megumi has come through for her, and sent her an encouraging letter. Yeah for Megumi being nice in your game, and so sweet to Jenny. Oh Jenny - hugs to you girl, hugs to you.
    @SoulGal7

Honestly, I see this as him just not yet having the maturity to own up to his actions. He's under stress at home, but he's been unintentionally taking that out on his relationship and it finally caught up to him, and yet he really is just so ready to put all that blame on Jenny. She figured they'd have to break up, but she didn't expect it to go like that in the slightest. The sentiments towards each other are very....yikes in game at the moment. Rohan is bitter, and Jenny is angry.
    @Skeilah

My heart is absolutely breaking. I can understand why they're doing this, but at the same time, Naoki is going through something so terrible, and then...they're doing this while he is.

@lilypadmeulin
    I can so understand this. My heart is breaking too, honestly. But at the same time, I'm in love with the drama.
    @lilypadmeulin
    About you chapter, oh man, I feel for Jenny :( I have no idea whats going on inside Rohan’s head but man, it’s making me mad too.
    @Skeilah

I also love the drama - writing mine, and reading yours! Jenny is absolutely crushed and Naoki will be too...
    @Karababy52
    Glad you found another woohoo spot for those two, LOL. Bush banging :D THAT WASN'T A STICK :joy::joy: Cracked me up. I also like the little banter with the funny faces while they ate.

The sims really can be therapeutic at times, I can agree with that. I've had a rough week with feeling unwell and dealing with some medical issues this week, and the sims has been the perfect distraction. Glad it helped you smile too :)

Mario's cousin is gonna play a role at some point this month, so I thought I'd start including him in updates and decided to have him room with Emmett just so I can have him be a vague part of the story so I can pluck him into the spotlight when I need him haha. I don't think Essa actually interacted with Roxanne or Brittany, I just happened to pause on that amusing moment as they walked out together.

@Hermitgirl
    Roxanne is killing it at uni, knew she would. Love that she can use some her spells to make things easier. I think Jules is gonna join the soccer team, but it does seem like a huge time commitment, so I'm not sure.

@Ellupelluellu
    All the kids look great! Essa and Nik's teens are especially gorgeous! And I'm also partial to Bryon and Sakura's blue haired twins, they're just so unique and cute.

@lilypadmeulin
    Great updates and story building today! I love that Essa, Jules, and Ruby are Jenny's neighbors, and seeing my little Ruby in your game made my day. She's actually gonna have that hair style for a bit in my game soon :)

And then the drama starts. Poor Jenny, realizing she's pregnant just as she was about to break up with Rohan! That happened in my game actually haha. I was set with my breakup plans for Jules and Mario, and then bam, she was pregnant accidentally lol. I just happened to pause my pregnancy until after they broke up to make my story work how I wanted it to, haha. But I think Jenny is making the right choice not to stay with Rohan. Staying with someone only for the sake of a kid never turns out well, but I do hope that Rohan can be involved in this kid's life as long he's in a good place to do that. Megumi and Morgan are being so supportive as always, and the nursery you are making looks lovely!

@Skeilah
    LOL I was so excited for this update!!! Jules and Bryon together is so hilarious and awkward. And sad. Poor lost souls. They need Naoki in their lives. I'm glad you could use Jules for this aspiration though. And I'm glad you got the stuff with the Strangerville lab to work out, and now you know how to use TOOL a little bit too, which is a life changing mod in my opinion. I'm super excited for this dramatic storyline, as you know, so looking forward to more :)

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited April 2021
    April - Day 9: First Term Completed

UDipk3a.png

Notes
    VDyx4yB.png
    Monday morning arrived and I still wasn't sure if it would be Essa's last day of the first term or would it be Tuesday. But then when she was harvesting the garden, an hour before class she got the 'very uncomfortable' moodlet from final exam nervousness. Because of that, she couldn't finish harvesting. I could've just let Josh do it while she was in class, but I got an idea. I had her take a potion of emotional stability. It wiped out the uncomfortable mood and she was able to finish before leaving for class.

After both classes were over and finals taken, it was now a waiting game for grades. Josh and Essa decided to watch a movie to kill time.

"Bah, this movie is terrible."
    "I think it's hilarious!"
    "Hilarious? What's to laugh about?"

48F49kI.png
    "I'll give you something to laugh about!"
    "Ahahaha Stop, stop, I'll pee my pants!"

4OfjX0G.png
    *Yawn* "Okay, I'm a little tired anyway."
    "Seriously Josh? That move is older than your Grandmother."

HD4G9vs.png
    "Still works though doesn't it?"
    "You don't need to make moves on me, I always want to snuggle with you."
    "I know, and I love that about you Beautiful."

9jUaTvR.png

foLFbgJ.png
    Since it was now Winter and freezing cold out, the easel and Josh's violin were brought inside from the balcony to the stair landing. I got rid of the punching bag since it wasn't really needed. This gave plenty of room for them to kick around a soccer ball. I love how they clap and cheer for each other's moves.

qIMyHlb.png
    Josh went back downstairs to read Volume 3 of the Archeology skills books, and Essa practiced on the violin. Then, since she was flirty, started a flirty painting. While she was painting she got the news!

uNmYR7V.png
    Yay! Go Essa! A+ in all four classes! She immediately signed up for a 2nd term with four more classes. Plus, because she got at least an A in one class, the first aspiration milestone was complete.

Lvfkvig.png
    Since Essa had homework to do, another presentation and a term paper, instead of going anywhere to celebrate, they went outside in the first snow of Winter to build a Snowpal together, hence the daily post pic. I forgot to take a screenshot then, but I took one the next morning. I think it's the same Snowpal they always make! Essa named it 'Miss Term One' and I've decided they'll build a Snowpal to mark the end of each term with an appropriate name. Just for fun!

rsje7qI.png
    She got started right away on her presentation project.

xeyK8SE.png
    And completed all her homework before the first class the next day. It didn't start until 1:30 p.m.

YQOwO5x.png
    Josh grabbed some leftovers for a late lunch while Essa was gone and for some odd reason, took it outside to eat. That's the first time either of them have done that. Why now when it's freezing cold out? Sims logic I guess. Or maybe just because he loves the outdoors? *shrugs*

lLHCmYF.png
    Back inside he had a chat with both his brothers, Joel and Jon. He hadn't talked to them in awhile and missed them. Hopefully soon he and Essa would be able to travel back to Mt. Komorebi for a visit.

ypCriaM.png
    When Essa arrived home after her 3:00 p.m. class, the two went back to campus so Essa could tutor a student in DJ skills. She needs to tutor three to complete the second aspiration milestone. Josh occupied his time by taking down some Foxbury banners on the Soccer stadium and then checked out the statue in the middle of the quad. He had a lot of time to kill since Essa would be tutoring for 4-5 hours.

szxCh2w.png
    He headed to the Commons after that to warm up by the fire. When he walked inside, he noticed a group of students standing and staring at the debate podium as if there was a debate going on. But there was nobody there.

Hdrkla9.png
    They were actually members of the Debate Guild and I'm guessing they were having a meeting. Perhaps they were waiting for other members to arrive? Josh just shrugged. He saw a microphone next to the restroom and decided to have some fun with it.

8h7rart.png
    "A man walks into a hardware store and speaks to the cashier."
    “Do you have any two-watt bulbs?”
    “For what?”
    “That’ll do, I’ll take two.”
    “Two what?”
    “I thought you didn’t have any.”
    “Any what?”
    “Yes, please!"

g5kLkN0.png
    "That didn't make any sense and wasn't funny young man."
    "That's what she said."
    "I know, I just said it."
    "Exactly."

The elderly lady just walked away, confused and grumbling how she didn't understand this younger generation.

BnfuWLt.png
    At this point Josh was in a 'very, very playful' mood and the next step up from that is 'hilarious.' I didn't want my lovely guy to die, so I sent him to calm himself down in the bathroom mirror. Now I know why the bathroom is right next to that microphone. How convenient!

VXqb0di.png
    Well, the Debate Guild members were still just standing frozen, nodding and saying 'uh huh' to I guess ghost debaters. So, Josh decided to give them something to look at and listen to until Essa returned.

"Which is better? A bird in the hand or two in the bush?"

uEwrXsU.png
    "I would argue for a bird in the hand. You've already caught that bird. The two in the bush will fly away before you can catch them."

0pMaQzA.png
    "Am I right?"
    "Oh, well sorry folks my girlfriend's here. Time to go, I'll leave you with a topic though."
    "How many dogs does it take to change a lightbulb?"
    "Talk amongst yourselves."
    "If you can't figure it out, I'll give you the answer next time. Good night folks."
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my April 9th post above! I'll get started on comments now. Might take me awhile and I might not have them ready to post until later this morning or even late this evening. I have some things to do before we go to my Son's to celebrate his birthday this afternoon. Hope y'all have a fabulous day/night! <3
    @lilypadmeulin
    Oh how cool! Jenny has Essa for a neighbor, with Jules and Ruby living with her. Aww, Essa was being so nice to her too, so concerned about her getting overheated and sick. I hope they all can become good friends over time. Great post, thank you so much for including Essa in your story. I love that! :)

Okay, I knew it! The way she was 'sick' all the time in the morning, complete giveaway. Plus there's the fact you said she'd probably get pregnant at some point. Rohan needs to seriously grow up, what a selfish dorkwad. Can't say what I really want to call him! Grrrr! I KNEW he'd accuse her of trying to trap him. Gah! So glad she has Morgan and very cool that she's moved in with her to help out. What a sweetheart!

Love her little nursery, I always use that Spellcaster bassinet for my babies. It's so pretty! Aww, Megumi is so sweet, sending her that letter and the wall hangings.

@permanentrose
    Kinda weird how Bryon was giving her daggers and then Jules gave him daggers when she left. You won't get a notice on how your Sim did on the presentation board or finals, all they get is their final grades for some reason. Nice she had time to read Ruby to bed. Bummer the CC bed didn't work correctly for that. Lots of challenge Sims out and about I see. Funny how you said they were all taking their finals too, since Essa actually did take her finals that day. Great shot of the mascots fighting and yeah, Jules did deserve a drink. Never had any of my Sims play 'juice' pong yet. Maybe Essa will throw a graduation party or something and try it then. Congrats to Jules for all A+ and one A! Gorgeous house you downloaded for the challenge Sims!

LOL I'm so glad you liked that. I was cracking myself up when I wrote it! Yeah, I think that's the last woo hoo spot they hadn't used yet...oh except a dumpster, but NO WAY! That's just gross. Ewwwww!

Yeah, it's been great to get my mind off of things, thanks for your PM BTW. Sorry I haven't answered back yet, but it was sweet of your to send it. Ah, I figured Mario's cousin would have some role to play. It's fun what we can capture by pausing at just the right moment and have it look like something it isn't. I've done that a lot, I love it!

@Hermitgirl
    Yes, Thank God for Plentiful Needs potions and copypasto! I'm so, so glad I let Essa stay a Spellcaster to get through Uni! I'm sure Roxanne will do well. One question, has she been working on the skills associated with her classes? Even if they're maxed already she should still do them to show progress. It helps, they get points for that. Take notes is the best thing when in class so that's good. I think she's got this! Good luck Roxanne!

@Skeilah
    o.O Oh boy...I don't know quite what to say about this post. I knew Bryon would be fooling around to fulfil the aspiration, but with Jules? Not good, not good at all. Ah, so Anas is an alien. Well that explains a lot. Interesting turn of events you have going on. Lots of drama that's for sure.
    April 9
    kiS5pn2.png

Bryons Diary
    The next morning…

4hg1GKd.png
    (Bryon, in himself) “... Right. I slept here. I kinda forgot.”

I looked over to Jules, who was still sleeping.

(Bryon, in himself) "Argh, we must've been out of our minds... We don't even like each other. I'm gay. Why and how did this happen?"

CT06K4D.png
    As I was pondering at the side of the bed, I heard Jules waking up.

(Jules) “... Good.. Morning...”
    (Bryon) “Good morning. Slept well?”
    (Jules) “Actually, yes. You?”
    (Bryon) “I slept pretty good, but..."

pHPDWHL.png
    (Jules) “Do you regret it?”
    (Bryon) “I don’t know. This sure was... A weird experience.”
    (Jules) “Hey, no hard feelings. I have no romantic feelings for you at all. This happened because.. We both felt the need to do so."
    (Bryon) "You're right. I feel the exact same way."

u4ZLUO7.png
    (Bryon) "I feel better already, thanks."
    (Jules) “Here, your clothes.”
    (Bryon) “Right.”

ncgGg8x.png
    (Jules) “We’re still friends, right?”
    (Bryon) “Haha, of course we are."
    (Jules) "Great!"

qRI7SDF.png
    (Bryon) “Oof.. I gotta go to school soon, give my presentation... I also have to finish my paper...”
    (Jules) “Right. I also have a lot of stuff to do before term ends. We'll get our final results later today too. Are you nervous?”
    (Bryon) "A little, yes. You?"
    (Jules) "Yeah."

IXogfol.png
    (Jules) "Oh, I have a great idea! I'll go to my sister later to get Ruby. What do you think about a toddler playdate while we wait for our results?"
    (Bryon) "That sounds great. Let's do that."

j3KZXrq.png
    (Jules) "Great! I'll see you in the afternoon then. Good luck at school today!"
    (Bryon) "You too."

PUrN7n2.png
    I thought this relationship was going to get really awkward after today, but instead I have the feeling our friendship grew stronger. I'm glad.

36bVEhi.png
    Once back home, it was time to practice my presentation. I also asked mom to give some feedback. She thought it was looking great, so I took the presentation with me and went out to present it.

7dHzrSM.png
    The rest of the day I’ve been trying to write my other term paper (I had to make two this term). But the thing is, I had to write it while Kristine threw a tantrum.

10f0H40.png
    She got mad because I ‘don’t want to play with her’.

(Bryon) “Im sorry Kristine, but I really need to finish this... I told you that you can play with Ruby once I'm done with everything.”

(Kristine) “WHAAA!!! I WANT NOW!!!”

Oh boy...

PZgo4ge.png
    And then this too.. The final exam.

c6eMhxR.pngMyrxXhZ.png

(Bryon) “I am not okay.”

t84PagO.png
    In the end I got everything done, right on time. Oof. Time for the toddler playdate!

u5I7tuG.png
    Kristine and Ruby were happy to see each other again.

uZPtTMs.png
    (Jules) "I think I plumbed up this term."
    (Bryon) "What do you mean?"
    (Jules) "I just have this feeling."

gitRHxB.png
    We both got an e-mail.

(Bryon) “Oh no. Our grades.”
    (Jules) “I don't dare to look.”
    (Bryon) "Come on Jules, have faith in yourself."
    (Jules) "I..."

DU6MkFo.png
    (Bryon) “We're going to look at our grades together. Now.”
    (Jules) “Okay...”

Kc4Fi6N.png
    (Bryon) “And?"
    (Jules) "I... I passed them all!!"

4rT7Qts.png
    (Bryon) "Congrats! I knew you would."
    (Jules) "What about you...?"
    (Bryon) "Well..."

Vs7dXgo.png
    (Jules) "What?! That's almost perfect!!! How?! You gotta teach me how!!!"
    (Bryon) "Hahahahah, well, maybe I'll tutor you once."
    (Jules) "Really?!"
    (Bryon) "Yeah sure, if I have the time."

SYUbKDG.png
    (Bryon) “We should probably find the kids, right?”
    (Jules) “Yeah, haha!”

fQSO79y.png
    Once back home, I put Kristine in bed. She had a great time with Ruby, but now she was exhausted.

8D5yr8K.png
    And then I went to sit in front of my computer to work for school...

twPYJgW.png
    (Bryon) "Oh wait. I shouldn't be studying right now. It's Brainiacs Bar Night today."

So that's what I did instead.

1SU9nhu.png
    And look who I bumped into...

jMQFayN.png
    (Bryon) “Hey! You better?”
    (Anas) “Yes. I really didn't want to miss this!! Im glad to see you here too.”
    @permanentrose

I have two more updates for today, then I'll be completely caught up. I love, love, love the plotlines I have going at the minute, and I definitely love seeing Essa, Jules, and Ruby in the game. Ruby is just so darn cute! I can only hope that Jenny will end up with one so adorable.

Jenny's was not an accidental pregnancy, I must admit - I just thought it would be great for drama, especially as Rohan is not responsible enough to be a dad. Like...at all.

Morgan and Megumi will still be involved, but I don't see Rohan having the maturity to be a dad. He will have to tell his grandparents, of course, but that's going to probably be tomorrow's update, as I want to focus on Jenny for the time being.

@Karababy52

Yep, that's why she was sick! Essa just thought it was heatstroke or something, lol, but Jenny was pregnant! Surprise! We're now into timeskip territory, which will be covered by an email from Morgan to Megumi. I really enjoyed giving Essa your Glimmerbrook makeover - I recreated as best I could - and I enjoyed seeing her too! In this storyline, Essa and Jules were living together around the time that Jules found out she was pregnant with Ruby, so Essa has been Ruby's Auntie for ages.

Morgan has been super kind, and Rohan...well, he's still immature, sadly. But Jenny can be strong without him, she just doesn't have to be alone. I love the found family trope!

Yep, the Spellcaster bassinet is my favourite too, it looks like a fairytale!
    edited April 2021
    Update 99 - Bedtime Battle

BPtSFBW.jpg

Notes:
    "Ruby, no, you cannot wear your flannel pajamas to bed," Jules lectured her daughter with a sigh of exasperation. "It's hot out, and they're going to be too warm for you to wear all night. So can you please pick another pair of PJs?"
    ZxQPiKm.jpg

"No, no, no, bear jammies!!!" Ruby demanded. "I want bear jammies!"
    pBjGuJ7.jpg

Jules was losing this battle, and she hated giving in, but with a quick glance at her phone, she saw that it was already far past Ruby's normal bedtime, and Brittany's party was due to start shortly. So she let out a sigh of defeat. "Fine, wear you bear jammies..."
    bNSOtbf.jpg

"Are you happy now?" Jules asked, scooping up her toddler, but Ruby had spotted something across the room.
    CgU3WdC.jpg

"Ball!" she shouted, pointing toward Jules' soccer ball in the far corner of the room. Dell must have let Ruby play with it today. "I want ball!"
    wi1KEIH.png

"No, Ruby, it's bed time. No ball," Jules stated firmly, placing Ruby on her bed.
    r6jimOp.jpg

"Mommy, mommy, I want ball!" Ruby continued to demand.
    qvK8YQ3.jpg

"Ruby, no, you're being ridiculous," Jules grumbled. "No ball. You can't sleep with a soccer ball."
    "Ball come to sleep with me!!" Ruby began to wail then.
    FIbEzl4.jpg

"Okay fine," Jules conceded. Battles like these ended up not being worth fighting in the end. "If the ball comes to bed with you, you have to promise not to play with it and go to sleep, okay?"

"Mhmm," Ruby said, wiping her eyes and sniffling a bit.
    610GJ36.jpg

Jules stood up and retrieved the soccer ball from across the room. Ruby's hysterics immediately stopped. "Get your little bum up into that bed," Jules told her.
    NbsqN4z.jpg

Oh my gosh, this kid is insane, Jules thought. Sobbing one minute and grinning without a care in the world the next...
    NMkqg0O.jpg

"Goodnight, crazy lady," Jules bent over to kiss her forehead.
    "No you crazy lady," Ruby mumbled back.
    d239034.jpg

Jules headed downstairs after that, feeling exhausted. "She's finally in bed," she told Dell and Sofia. "With a soccer ball, so one of you might need to check on her to make sure she's not trying to make penalty kicks across the room" Jules chuckled.
    fzB6npd.png

"Whoops, that's my fault for leaving the ball up in her room," Dell apologized. "She reminds me of you when you were a toddler, actually," she said fondly. "Stubborn and cute."

Jules blushed a little.

"So do you have a minute before you head to your party?" Dell asked, scooting over on the couch to make room for Jules. "There's something Sofia and I wanted to talk to you about."

Jules nodded and joined them, wondering what this was all about.

"So," Dell began. "I know you've been juggling a lot with all your schoolwork and taking care of Ruby -"
    O62yCXF.png

"I can be around more," Jules interjected, feeling suddenly defensive. "I'm sorry that I've asked so much of you with caring for Ruby while I'm gone. She's a handful, I know. I can take fewer classes next semester and make sure I'm at home more."
    BZ1RebS.png

"Actually, Sofia and I are super impressed with how you've been handling things," Dell responded. "But we've been talking, and we worry that you're not getting the university experience we really hoped you would. I know you've talked about wanting to join the soccer team as well, and that's something I'd really love to see you pursue. I just know that it's going to be hard for you to enjoy student life and activities on campus if you're always rushing home to put Ruby to bed and make sure you're around here enough. So Sofia and I wanted to offer to watch Ruby full time for you next semester if you'd life, and give you a chance to live in the dorms and have your own space and a little more freedom if you'd like."
    zqZMPcE.png

Jules didn't know what to say. It was such a generous offer, though also one she wasn't sure she was ready to accept. Not living with Ruby would be hard, even if made other parts of her life easier.

"You don't have to answer yet," Sofia spoke. "But we wanted to offer. Dell and I had such a great college experience that we wanted you to have the opportunity to do the same."
    WFcmom2.png

"Thank you," Jules managed, smiling at them both. "I really appreciate it. I'll let you know."
    OW2IUmd.png

"Now get going to that party," Dell told her. "Go and have fun and live a little!"

---
    Yes, Sofia has a new hairstyle! I just bought the movie night pack since it was on sale. I actually really only bought it for the hair since there were like 3 styles I really wanted. Also in real life, I think it would be so dumb for Jules to go live on campus, especially when she lives so close by and can still live with her daughter, not to mention that I don't think she should be shirking her parental duties just to have a fun college experience, or that Dell and Sofia should even offer for that to be an option. BUT I really want to try dorm life for a semester, so we're just gonna go with this little solution I came up with for that. And she can come visit Ruby anytime. Dell and Sofia are much too kind lol.

Also, the bedtime fight with Ruby is based on true events lol, I have witnessed toddlers arguing to wear flannel winter pjs when it's a billion degrees out and insist on hugging a soccer ball through the night :D Even though I hang out with kids this age all the time, replicating their speech in text is really hard, but I tried :)
    April 10
    pKoCaSd.png

Bryons Diary
    Time to partyyyy!!

MKPtFZs.png
    Okay, I'm not really a party person, so I just ordered myself a drink.

qtFVwht.png
    (Anas) "One drink for me please!"

DhBCXUL.png
    (Anas) "Yesss, this is the best! Hey Bryon, wanna play some juice pong with me?"
    (Bryon) "Juice pong? Hehe, okay!"

CEKDgXw.png
    (Anas) "Just so you know, Bryon Ellison. I'm good at this, and I want something from you when I win."
    (Bryon) "Oh, what?"
    (Anas) "You'll see!!"

GtKwAew.png

hFfRuYM.png

CoyuZHW.png

3tVlJlE.png
    Before I knew it, I lost.

3fqIArB.png
    (Bryon) “Okay, you won. What’s my punishment?”

4EbUcvb.png
    (Anas) “Kiss me.”
    (Bryon) “But that’s...”
    (Anas) “Come on. I won, right?”

UmB3tbY.png
    (Bryon) “Right....”

wbVpFBh.png

yBBiFWF.png
    (Anas) “Hahaha, your face!”
    (Bryon) “What’s with my face?”

u1Kq23P.png
    (Anas) “It’s adorably cute.”

Again, the empty feeling in my heart disappeared. Does this happen whenever I kiss someone? I figured that I should try kissing other people while I'm in this state. I've been drinking a lot already. (Not awkward at all, right?😂😂😂)

OvhE9sj.png

zHZzqnf.png

ehn8irn.png

ZfxWXSe.png
    I first asked some friends of mine to kiss me, just because. The strange feeling disappeared.

CA1zCQT.png

tgBaEOB.png

4ubFQuQ.png

5eyt19n.png
    But also when I kissed some total strangers, the feeling disappeared. It didn't matter who I kissed, it just disappeared.

QOeXdU7.png
    Suddenly Anas got something like a blue shine around him.

(Anas) "Bryon.. Can you please come upstairs with me for a second...?"
    (Bryon) "Oh, right."

eUOQ6iA.png
    (Bryon) “Ehm... You okay...?”
    (Anas) “Is this a joke to you, Bryon?”
    (Bryon) "What?"
    (Anas) "Whatever you've been doing? I... Wasn't joking around or something. I really like you, and you're kissing everyone in this pub. Why??"

4Kyj0Fc.png
    (Bryon) “I..."
    (Anas) “Whatever. This was a mistake."

bClOUZg.png
    (Anas) "I don’t really want to see you right now.”
    (Bryon) “But... I can explain...”

5xHa7rh.png
    (Anas) "I just don't want to hear it right now. I need to think about this. Sorry."
    (Bryon) "... I'm sorry..."

I felt horrible after this happened and decided to go home. What an awful party...

iRm2CMs.png
    (Bryon) “I think I’m going insane...”

AUwfX9C.png
    (Bryon) “Should I contact Jules?”

FPWKAFy.png
    Jules immediately called me back when I sent her a message with how horrible I was feeling.

aaXs3PC.png
    I went to her place and explained the situation I got myself in.

6N8goub.png
    (Jules) “Oh no, Bryon... What did you do?”
    (Bryon) “I know. I plumbed up everything...”
    (Jules) “Yeah, you did.”
    (Bryon) “That's not what I wanted to hear, actually."
    (Jules) "I'm sorry.
    (Bryon) "It's okay... But what should I do now..?”

G4MikuV.png
    (Bryon) "I know it! I'm just going to lock myself up at home. I really don't want to bump into someone. I'll feel ashamed."
    (Jules) "Do you really think that's the best solution?"
    (Bryon) "No... But I'm out of other options."

dt6eEY7.png
    (Jules) "I know what to do!"
    (Bryon) "What?"
    (Jules) "We'll go out and have dinner with Ruby!"
    (Ruby) “Ya!”
    (Bryon) “Hehe. So cute.”
    (Jules) “Ah, you’re smiling again. Great!”

Yeah, I was smiling. But I still felt awful. I'm not coming out of my house anymore unless I have to for school...
    So, also this, hahahaahah:
    First of all, I'm sorry for using some of the challengers without permission xD They were just around and I thought 'meh, one kiss for the aspiration'. Hope you guys don't mind :')

Second, this:

9CsK4zm.png

Anas is mad. REAL mad. I hope this mood disappears eventually, or else I have a problem, lol.
    edited April 2021
    @Skeilah - If you need to kiss Sakura for the aspiration, please do. She needs to be kissed. lol Oh! He already kissed her hehehe Hey, remember, Bryon and Sakura are together in @Ellupelluellu 's game. If anyone else wants to do this aspiration, and needs to bestow a kiss on the lovely Sakura, please go ahead.
    @permanentrose

Ruby is so cute, and it's so true of real kids! I remember piling all my toys into bed and lying super still, because I thought they'd be hurt if I chose some of them over the others, and I ended up wedged between all of them until my mum came to check on me. I also remember insisting on a 'mascot' - usually a Barbie dog - with me everywhere I went.

I think it's also a good solution - she could come visit on weekends, after all!

@Skeilah

Oh, this is some drama! I loved seeing Jenny in the background, too - is she talking to River? And also, Anas comes off as so entitled when it comes to Bryon. Maybe if he was going to encourage Bryon to kiss other people, he should have made it more clear he was wanting a proper relationship? I'm also giggling, because his name is latin for 'Duck', so...
    April 9th

Time Skip

04-10-21_11-57-20_AM.png?width=721&height=577

Hey, Megumi

We’re doing okay here, thanks! We really loved the cake you sent, though Jenny is still a bit upset. She’s been crying on and off recently, and she’s deleted Rohan’s number from her phone now, although she had him blocked on everything. He’s not gotten in contact. It’s been like, two months.

You asked how she was doing, and, well, she’s not doing great. She’s scared, she says, because she doesn’t want to be like her mother. I don’t know if that’s supposed to be a secret, so don’t tell her I told you, but she’s also just heartbroken still over the whole Rohan situation. She doesn’t seem to want to think about romance at all, which suits both of us fine for the time being – we’ve got a baby to prepare for.

04-10-21_11-59-01_AM.png?width=721&height=577

I’ve been doing more cooking than I ever have before, because someone ended up developing a craving for cheese. Mac and cheese, grilled cheese, just...everything cheesy, she’s into it. It’s easy enough to cater for, but I think I’m actually getting better at cooking now that I’m cooking for her.

04-09-21_1-37-07_PM.png?width=721&height=577

She’s also gotten really into knitting again, making onesies for the baby and everything like that. She says she has to do something to keep busy. She’s also worried about her body. I told her it’s normal to grow when you’ve got a baby inside you, but she keeps worrying over it. Can you send her some advice in your next letter? I mean, subtly, but I think she’d appreciate it. It seems like she’s trying to be perfect before the baby’s even here. We’re going to the ultrasound appointment later, and I’ll let you know how it goes.

Much love and many hugs,

Morgan

04-10-21_11-57-40_AM.png?width=721&height=577
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member
    Hi everyone.. :)
    I have read and awesomed your stories, very unique stories here <3

And thank you for comments about the kids :)

Trying to do some catch up in next few days.

Melody Connors ... ..... oh and Malcolm,
    Day 5 , April

WtUyWVT.png
    Melodys new hobby, HUGGING (from a curse)! Bonus from the towel hugging!
    Uf5EGbY.png
    They spinned to their everyday otfits.. after gardening, aaannnd hugging!

peIwwuq.png
    O8icfFo.png
    Somehow she managed to do the whole cook+eat thing, without hugging :smiley:

r9jrPNn.png
    Training at home...

7YyPQvZ.png
    B5iisOb.png
    ... and in Realm ...

cwQJ9Cl.png
    Annndddd... HUGGING!!

lN8N3BL.png
    Melody: "Morgyn, I know we have never officially even met, but fancy a hug?
    Morgyn: "Sure!!"
    (no pics of the hug, as once again I pressed "V" , instead of "C" :joy:

Tu9l8Dm.png
    Time for Melody to join a a uni club too! Similar one where Malcolm belongs, just for Foxbury.

576KKrF.png
    "oh hi Nik! I didn't know you belonged to this club too! Fancy a hug??"

fm9CEUR.png
    "Oh , Mr Goth! I have never met you before, you want a hug??"

Okay she got in to that club, but I decided she shall hang around more with them later, after her failed attempt to hug Lily Feng :joy:

P0HjRa4.png
    To Realm for the nightly shopping trip..

xR3zEmA.png
    And after a few hugs, fishing!
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    edited April 2021
    In my zest to whisk Sakura out of Sylvan Glade, I neglected to post some screenshots, which I will do here. When I worked on the Serial Romantic Aspiration, when Sakura kissed those teens in the Kissable Teen Household, she also asked each one of them to be her boyfriend. Because at the last level of the challenge, you need to have 8 boyfriends/girlfriends. When Sakura completed the aspiration, she went back to the Kissable Teen Household, and asked all of them to be friends. All, except two were fine with it. Chuck Cenzo, and Neal Peterson, both had the hot-headed trait, were not happy with Sakura telling them she wanted to just be friends. In fact, she and Chuck Cenzo got in a fight. I didn't initiate it, it just happened. However, I was trying to get two sims to dislike Sakura for the Chief of Mischief Aspiration where you need to dislike two sims. Yeah, it worked! lol

sakura-heads-to-the-kissable-teens-household.png

Here she is, in front of the Kissable Teen Household ready to tell them all "Let's just be friends." Prior to this, she had gone over to the sim (Derrick) who was in her drama class and told him that she just wanted to be friends with him. He took it rather well, and was joking with her, etc. So, I figured, okay, they were all going to be fine with it. Um...no.

chuck-cenzo-defeated.png

I am not sure who started the fight, as the game just took over, but Sakura kicked his b***.

Sakura: "What? We only kissed once. I just want to be friends, Chuck...just friends..."

Chuck: "No...don't want to just be friends. Want another kiss...."

Sakura: "No more kissing...okay Chuck...friends...just friends...!"

Chuck: "Ah...come one, Sakura, just give a little something right here" points to his lip.

Sakura: "Okay, but remember you asked for it!" and then POW right in the kisser! teehee

Chuck, don't mess with Sakura! This took a plunge on Sakura's emotional control and then she had to apologize and brighten day, but Chuck was still upset.

fight-with-chuck.png

SAKURA-IN-A-FIGHT.png

HAD-HER-FIRST-FIGHT.png

She didn't get in a fight with Neal Peterson, he just disliked her.

neal-pedersen.png

I did purchase the Shameless Trait for her when I was doing this aspiration, but still took precautions and didn't kiss anyone in front of anyone else.

shameless-2000.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited April 2021
    @SoulGal7 Hehe, glad I still got your permission although the deed was already done :') Yeah, I still remember Bryon and Sakura being together in Ellu's game. Still so funny!

Also, what a genius idea to use those relationship-people as people to dislike in the Chiefs of Mischief-aspiration!! Maybe I'll steal that idea too, hehe. I mean, it's not that I have further use for them after completing the serial romantic (omg I really typed 'killer' at first) aspiration hahahahaha. Thanks for the idea!!

@lilypadmeulin
    I actually wanted to use Jenny too for the aspiration, but she didn't stay long enough :c It took me a looong time to get Bryon to kiss all those people lol.

It's not like Anas is encouraging Bryon to kiss other people. It's just that Anas' power to make Bryon forget Naoki completely isn't working 100%, because he still feels an emptiness he can't place. Same goes for Jules (=Naoki's best friend). So Anas didn't expect this to happen, actually. He thought Bryon would be his now. But nope. xD He's kissing everyone, trying to find out what that emptiness is.

HAHAHAHAH oh, you don't want to know which inappropriate name came into some peoples head when they heard the name. And here I am, thinking of 'ananas' (Dutch for pineapple). :joy:

Oh, I feel so sad for Jenny. She's so not doing well. Come on girl! You'll get through this!!! Are you doing the grilled cheese aspiration, perhaps? :P

@Ellupelluellu
    Before I forget, I have to react on Sakura and Bryons kids. I absolutely adore them!!! I also adore all the other kids of course, but well, seeing blue-haired kiddo's make my heart melt.

I love Malcolm and Melody a lot. They are just so cute together. Ohh, so Melody has the hugging curse? Johnny had that one too, it was hilarious xD I also hit V instead of C way too much. So annoying!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top