Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Updated - World Makeover - now available for download!

KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Hello!
I invite you all to visit https://katyfernlily.tumblr.com/ to view information on a new world makeover project.
Thank you for your interest!
This world is now available to download at the above link!
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Interesting
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @KatyFernlily

Your pics of the world look fabulous on your tumblr.. I am so looking forward to playing in this world when you have finished it's so beautiful and lush.. :)<3

There is also another thread in the build/world section of this world too..

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/988043/world-makeover#latest
    Hi @KatyFernlily

Just in case some players may prefer to look at some pics of your makeover and build remakes on this forum I am going to post your pics and updates on here as I am sure you will be okay with that. I will also copy it over to the world build thread as well :)

This was the first update

Vy8Z80L.jpg

mIPVKt0.jpg

AoJt5Ax.jpg

eapn9gw.jpg

2nd update and look at those wonderful build remakes so IP style :)

eFOvkCr.jpg

hifKcqJ.jpg

lNebKNU.jpg

PeDrdZb.jpg

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    That looks really nice!
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @KatyFernlily Your world is beautiful. I hope you will post a link when it is completed here. I have a hard time following tumblr.
    edited March 2021
    Hi,

I just want players to be aware that the original world was made in 2011 by KayPapagei, called Rovington Islands. This creator was also known as Kay/Lucky25 in later years and @KatyFernlily has received full permission from this creator to remake her world and update it to later packs. I think KatyFernlily she is doing a fab job and I cannot wait to play in the world when it is done. I am also in love with all those lovely build remakes which also look so right in the world itself :)
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Count me in as another one who can't wait to see this! :)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    You can see an update for this project here - https://katyfernlily.tumblr.com/
    Hi @KatyFernlily

Thanks for the updated pics of Rovington world with your new and completely awesome renovated builds which look so fabulous in this world :) (as always-) I usually spend days looking for and adding other creator lots as I am so bad at building but I can see in this world I won't have to do that as your builds suit the world perfectly :)

N5karPn.jpg

dqbdP09.jpg

RjpfLIH.jpg

kgibm0S.jpg

RMQ2KYH.jpg

xHv9gWA.jpg

rwGwSPq.jpg

2JOnlbp.jpg
    Hi everyone @KatyFernlily

has added anew lot remake to world which is based on Brighten11's house over at MTS. There is "grotto" access added as well..

5KDh913.jpg

fd3XYqw.jpg

I think it looks fab as always :)<3
    Thank you Sparky!
    Please visit my tumblr occasionally to view more updates to Rovington Island.
    Hi @KatyFernlily

Thanks for letting me know :)

remake of pool by KayPapagei @KatyFernlily wrote on Tumblr "

It’s so very cool and looks like it has a water slide. I tested it and sims can walk up the stairs and enter the “slide” which is part of the pool - very neat! I can’t imagine the work that went into making that water slide!

sw4y73J.jpg

6uRq22C.jpg

"The tiny, pink house is by luvalphvle. Don’t let its size fool you, tho! I can’t remember who made the purple house - I’ve had it in my game for years. I will try to find that out afterwhile or if you recognize it, please let me know"

7Fbh1qE.jpg

The purple House

HbhXLjK.jpg

"I relocated the Gas & Go by Meagan and replaced it with a Java Hut made by Safstute. And put the Gas & Go where I had the very boring diner that I made. I think this looks better. I hope you like it!"

WcL8Rqi.jpg

Remake Gas & Go by Meagan

DQkeurx.jpg

birds eye view of the lot with the grotto and a seating area to the rear

p6kJJ3p.jpg

0w9xIfL.jpg

I love your new update and your lot remakes which all look awesome where you have placed them :)<3
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Love the pics and that pool slide is totally the best thing I've seen yet. I can't wait to try it out.
    That pool slide is awesome I would love to have that in my game
    edited April 2021
    Thanks for the comments!
    There is a link to the original Rovington Islands world here - https://katyfernlily.tumblr.com/post/645476967997652992/rovington-island-makeover
    The pool is one of the lots in this world. It's not really a slide, it just looks like one. Sims can go up the stairs and get in the "slide". It's really cool.
    Thanks for the comments!
    There is a link to the original Rovington Islands world here - https://katyfernlily.tumblr.com/post/645476967997652992/rovington-island-makeover
    The pool is one of the lots in this world. It's not really a slide, it just looks like one. Sims can go up the stairs and get in the "slide". It's really cool.

It is really cool.
    Is there a link to download your makeover? All I see are pictures.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    KevinL5275 wrote: »

It’s not ready yet
    KevinL5275 wrote: »

GraceyManor is correct. It is not finished. I have no estimate on when it will be complete but I continue to work on it. It's a fairly massive undertaking and you can see some before and after pictures on MTS - https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=653711 - and get an idea of the scope of this makeover. Thanks for your interest in the project!
    Ooooooh! Ok, I jumped the gun. :) I was seeing all the new pictures and I thought that meant it was completed. Please, carry on and good luck with it. I'm excited to see the end result.
    @KatyFernlily

Thanks for letting us know about the new lot updates you have made. My map view build matching is in OCD heaven as they all blend in so well and look so perfect in this world :)

Shopping Mall

Fire Station

House

Strip Mall

PEwhhKB.jpg

8E50gSp.jpg

RXBwBhD.jpg

UbicV4A.jpg

ZSvDR9y.jpg

Pzr1aRw.jpg

Kv9Dyk5.jpg

ARMQs0a.jpg

lIEfa03.jpg

dK8o4S6.jpg
    edited April 2021
    Thank you Sparky for updating! I appreciate it very much!
    There is a small update that includes a house to download, if interested. More info here - https://katyfernlily.tumblr.com/
    or here - https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=653711
    All for now!
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Looking good, I like what you've done with the roads, I wasn't keen on the original ones.
    Did you repaint the mountainous terrain? It was very dark in the original but doesn't seem so in this version, I like that too.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    edited April 2021
    @KatyFernlily

You are welcome as always :)

She has posted/updated a further build with a download link that so I am adding the details here along with the download link. I have already snagged the build as I love bungalow/one storey style builds :)

I created this Mid Century Modern house for Rovington Island Makeover and thought I’d just go ahead and share it. It’s on a 40x20 lot and is minimally furnished on the inside. It has three bedrooms and 2 baths. There is a small basement as well. There is room in the yard for a swimming pool, if you so desire. Priced under $30,000. It has no cc but I used all expansions in creating it. Enjoy!

9fnamID.jpg

NFQilBN.jpg

46xi5QH.jpg

inspiration picture:

lkPcnXn.jpg

download link

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ie5q7qkx2xmbg9n/MidCenturyModern.7z/file

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file