Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHY? WHY? WHY ?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    The first 3 females of Gen 2 were all fat, which I know they inherited from Brandi the first. After that, all members from Gen 3 onwards were thin for some reason, so I have the opposite 'problem' but I'm personally ok with either or.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I cheat up their needs more often than they actually eat. Not having this problem. But cas.fulleditmode is where I go to 'fix' things. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I am somewhat mixed on my kids, not on my teens yet. I aged up my toddlers pretty quickly, because one playthrough, I kind of just wanted to skip that stage so they became kids faster. I put them from long lives to short lives, so it technically wasn't cheating.
    Before that, I had used the high chair for their food and drink intake, and gave them all the same thing. There were four at the time, three girls, and one boy. When I aged them up to kids, two of the girls and the one boy were skinny, while one of the girls ended up chubbier. I did the same thing to another four later on, and they all ended up skinny, except for one that ended up average.
    I am kind of now letting my toddlers do their thing to get the benefits I need for them later in life, so I have them back on long lives, and letting them get all their goals met, before aging them up. So, I will have to see what they look like later on as kids and teens.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Also, skiing I found is a greeaaaatttt way to lose weight.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Here's another thought. If you have Eco Living and vote in the Rock Your Body NAP, everyone will exercise all the time (NPCs too) and the whole neighborhood will get totally buff. We're having a very muscular semester at UBrite right now.

• Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I used to have the opposite problem before I began defining "fit" and "fat" limits in MCCC. Mine used to age up into unnaturally thin teenagers every single time, no matter what in-game potential solutions I tried. Many newly-aged-up teens should be thin, yes, but not so much that if they turn sideways they virtually disappear. :lol:

yeah, i use MCCC to keep sims in the correct shape. When you leave it to vanilla to sort out shapes, absurdly womens hips disappear along with their shape the more they exercise. by having limits in place from MCCC, they keep their hips and shape a bit more.

I haven't had much issue with teenagers and their body shapes although i find some of these random townie shapes very unnatural looking, male sims with no hips or huge shoulders and torso with very skinny legs. i do find regularly fat sims (even one or two heavily obese townies) out there as well, but sometimes you find reasonably shaped random townies out there when they age up. I also find female sims with huge breasts, no midriff, tiny hips and thighs as well.
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited April 2021
    I have one family that is always the opposite. I don't know if it's genetics, but so many of this family's kids, across multiple generations, both male and female, age up really skinny. The slider is usually at or near the bottom when I check them in CAS.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    The secret is actually very simple - eating more than you need to contributes to sim getting fat. In game it is represented by their hunger meter. Once this meter is full, Sim will start gaining weight form any food they eat. Consider food a simple sustenance and eat only as much as you need and this probelm alleviates itself VERY noticeably. This is also why vampires don't really get fat - they don't drink more than they need to.

Over eating is not the issue. I always stop them before the bar gets full. It happens with every female child aged to teen. My boys don't seem to have this issue. It's very annoying. It makes it a lot harder to do things the way I want when I have to spend so much time exercising. And the weight is extreme. It usually takes about level 7 in fitness to fix it. It's getting really old. Every female teen every time in every family in every game. Insert scream here.