Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stargate Atlantis

2...Next

Comments

• RayneFaithRayneFaith Posts: 113 New Member
    edited October 2011
    This is awesome! I can't wait to see how the rest turns out.
  • votengavotenga Posts: 233 Member
    edited October 2011
    i agree i really dont think that this can be done with the stock items from the base game, it would be incredibly hard :(

but love the idea watched the show myself so love to see what u come up with xx

• HeyWhatReubHeyWhatReub Posts: 81 New Member
    edited October 2011
    tjstreak wrote:
    Stargate Atlantas cannot be done cc free. No way. No how. Like it or not, this is a creative content intensive project.

I mean what are you planning on doing, sticking Sunset Valley on a funny shaped island?

And not having a stargate in the project is just plain lame.

I think it's rather rude of you to try and tell me what I can and cannot do in my own world. If you want a CC Atlantis, then go and build one - it's not like I have any rights over the idea. However, I'd like to make a non-CC Atlantis, I know how I'm going to do it (and it's not sticking SV on a funny shaped island) and I'm going to do it my way. If you think that not having a stargate in it is plain lame, then don't download it or do download it and then add a stargate.

Progress update: the past few days has just been flattening it all out and preparing it for the sculpting. However, it's not completed yet so I'll hold off on more picture updates until it is. :wink:
  • MishikinsMishikins Posts: 231 Member
    edited October 2011
    You said it HeyWhat. I can't wait to see what you come up with on your world, and I am glad you're reaching out to the less CC driven crowd, considering how many glitches and problems people are having without CC in their games. Keep up the awesome work!
  • StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited October 2011
    HeyWhatReub, you go girl! :D
    I was worried that negativity had put you off.
    Glad that has not happened.

stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
    edited October 2011
    HeyWhatReub, you go girl! :D
    I was worried that negativity had put you off.
    Glad that has not happened.

I'll confess that it did briefly, but then I thought why should I be put off by a non-believer? :wink:

And now it's still going strong, although I am coming up to a time where I won't be able to do much ... so I'm trying to do as much now as possible.
  • angeliii82angeliii82 Posts: 2,042 Member
    edited October 2011
    Bookmarking! I can't wait to see your updates and the end result! :D
    edited October 2011
    Mishikins wrote:
    You said it HeyWhat. I can't wait to see what you come up with on your world, and I am glad you're reaching out to the less CC driven crowd, considering how many glitches and problems people are having without CC in their games. Keep up the awesome work!

The way I see it, someone happy with CC can download anything and replace bits they don't like with their CC. However, someone who doesn't want CC on this computer/in their game can't download a world that uses it.
  • Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Looks like this will be a awesome project, looking forward to seeing more. It will be a real challenge to make this custom content free, but I like what you said about doing this your way.

I do recomend downloading Nifscope, so you can use the layout of atlantis as 3d layout for your own world, it should give you the shape of each building at then you can translate that shape, using the sims 3 engine. Nifscope will give you the abilty to zoom in and zoom out while you view the model. Example:-

sss-2.jpg

When view each of the building as seperate lot, there is no reason why this world cannot be built custom content free, thou you will need some pretty nifty constrinfloorelevation cheats.

You can download Nifscope here:-

http://sourceforge.net/projects/niftools/files/nifskope/

Atlantis file here, comes with a few textures.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/9534529

I'm Bookmarking, looking forward to seeing more, also if I'm not to forward, if you can put me a small lot aside, I would love to build one of them atlantis buildings for your world, I will leave that upto you, if your looking for any builders or not.
    edited October 2011
    Stw402 wrote:
    Looks like this will be a awesome project, looking forward to seeing more. It will be a real challenge to make this custom content free, but I like what you said about doing this your way.

I do recomend downloading Nifscope, so you can use the layout of atlantis as 3d layout for your own world, it should give you the shape of each building at then you can translate that shape, using the sims 3 engine. Nifscope will give you the abilty to zoom in and zoom out while you view the model. Example:-

sss-2.jpg

When view each of the building as seperate lot, there is no reason why this world cannot be built custom content free, thou you will need some pretty nifty constrinfloorelevation cheats.

You can download Nifscope here:-

http://sourceforge.net/projects/niftools/files/nifskope/

Atlantis file here, comes with a few textures.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/9534529

I'm Bookmarking, looking forward to seeing more, also if I'm not to forward, if you can put me a small lot aside, I would love to build one of them atlantis buildings for your world, I will leave that upto you, if your looking for any builders or not.

I agree, it certainly will be a huge challenge and CC would make it easier, but I'd like to make it available to everyone unless I absolutely can't.

Nifscope looks like it could be a great help, thanks for telling me about it and for providing the links.

I will confess that I haven't yet given that much thought about actually building the lots, it's mostly just how they're going to get to the heights they should be so far. However, I can certainly reserve one for you. :wink:
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited October 2011
    AWESOME !! you know Robert Davi that played Commander Acatus Koyla?

There is a sim for him on here. Cleobaby made him for me. He is in her studio; and she did a fabulous job. I think he is listed as Rich Davi. If you play this world, it would be so cool to have him in it. :)
    edited November 2011
    Just to let you know, this project hasn't died, but alas real life has a habit of getting in the way, this time in the form of a busy period in my dissertation. :(
  • StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited November 2011
    HeyWhatReub glad to hear your still at it.
    Hopefully RL will give you a little time for Simming.
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited November 2011
    What a creative idea!

I think it's possible to do almost anything without CC. Using Night Life would probably make it easier though.
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited November 2011
    I think this is an absolutely fantastic idea. I love Stargate Atlantis and I really think you are doing the right thing by deciding to go non-CC as that way more people will be able to download it and the people that like using CC can modify the world :)

I can't wait to see more progress on this.
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited December 2011
    I already have a folder with all the Sci Fi CC I want to use in that world :P Definitely I'm going to keep an eye on this, I've been wanting a good Sci Fi world. I think I'm even going to start designing the sims already...

This looks promising!

:shock: Me, too! :lol: I've got folders for all the Steampunk stuff, Sci-Fi stuff, Grunge stuff... :lol: I can't wait for more Stargate CC -- Farscape and even Star Trek would be great, too. 8)
  • anetherronanetherron Posts: 605 Member
    edited September 2013
    I think it's rather rude of you to try and tell me what I can and cannot do in my own world. If you want a CC Atlantis, then go and build one - it's not like I have any rights over the idea. However, I'd like to make a non-CC Atlantis, I know how I'm going to do it (and it's not sticking SV on a funny shaped island) and I'm going to do it my way. If you think that not having a stargate in it is plain lame, then don't download it or do download it and then add a stargate.

Well said! And well done for not letting it stop you from going ahead with this - I am very much looking forward to this world! *Bookmarked* :D
  • ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    edited September 2013
    Oh wow!! I'm definitely bookmarking this one!!

:D
  • tjstreaktjstreak Posts: 808 Member
    edited September 2013
    anetherron wrote:

Well said! And well done for not letting it stop you from going ahead with this - I am very much looking forward to this world! *Bookmarked* :D

Practicing some thread necromancy here?

This thread is about two years old.

We have not heard anything about this project for two years now.

It looks like I was right, and the creator of this project was wrong. A project like this cannot be done without copious amounts of cc.

If you don't want to use cc, that's your choice. But if you want to limit yourself to EA style Sunset Valley type worlds, then you stick with EA's object libraries. If you want to do something else, then you are going to have to make your own libraries. Now, perhaps, Into the Future will offer some new object libraries which will help. Perhaps not.

Now, I offered to help in making some of those library objects, and the creator of this project just dumped on me. It was not even a gracious refusal. It was nasty, and it was insulting.

Unfortunately, this attitude is all to common on this forum. It's why I don' even bother to offer to make items for simmers anymore and why I am very hostile to requests.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited September 2013
    tjstreak wrote:
    anetherron wrote:

Practicing some thread necromancy here?

This thread is about two years old.

We have not heard anything about this project for two years now.

It looks like I was right, and the creator of this project was wrong. A project like this cannot be done without copious amounts of cc.

If you don't want to use cc, that's your choice. But if you want to limit yourself to EA style Sunset Valley type worlds, then you stick with EA's object libraries. If you want to do something else, then you are going to have to make your own libraries. Now, perhaps, Into the Future will offer some new object libraries which will help. Perhaps not.

Now, I offered to help in making some of those library objects, and the creator of this project just dumped on me. It was not even a gracious refusal. It was nasty, and it was insulting.

Unfortunately, this attitude is all to common on this forum. It's why I don' even bother to offer to make items for simmers anymore and why I am very hostile to requests.

Really? This was uncalled for.

An Atlantis/under water type world is in high demand. Go the the Worlds section and you'll see what I'm talking about. So, the bumper could have googled it and just never checked the date before they posted. It happens all the time.

And, like you said, this was made and dealt with two years ago. You seem to still be holding a grudge towards this creator for the simple fact that they turned you down.
  • tjstreaktjstreak Posts: 808 Member
    edited September 2013
    TRachet wrote:
    An Atlantis/under water type world is in high demand. Go the the Worlds section and you'll see what I'm talking about. So, the bumper could have googled it and just never checked the date before they posted. It happens all the time.

And, like you said, this was made and dealt with two years ago. You seem to still be holding a grudge towards this creator for the simple fact that they turned you down.

Well, yes.

If I go around saying that player made worlds are garbage, will corrupt your game, and should be avoided at all costs, I would be accused of insulting all world creators. I know because I have made these statements and have been accused of insulting world creators.

Well, what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. People on this forum routinely go around insulting people who make other forms of custom content. The attitude often expressed her is "My custom content (I.e. worlds) is good but everyone else's is garbage. " It's offensive.

I was not the one to reopen this. I was quite content to let sleeping dogs lie. Someone else decided to reopen this fight.

Most people on this forum are completely ignorant when it comes to modding. As one frequent poster has stated elsewhere, most of the people on this forum could not mesh their way out of a paper bag.

The simple reality is, E.A. Has given us very limited tools for making worlds. If you really want to do something other than a Sunset Valley clone, you need to go beyond EA's limited library. Believe me, I know this from hard experience and a lot of experimentation.

While a lot of people may want a Stargate world, they are not going to get one which is cc free. Don't count on EA ever providing a Stargate. The copyright problems are huge. The licensing fees alone would kill any such project.

This means that if you want a Stargate world which actually has a Stargate, it will come from the modding community. Which means is is not a good idea to go around insulting the people who do know how to mesh their way out of a paper bag.
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited September 2013
    I have to agree with you Tj, actually I think I agree with you much more than you think!

I declare I am fine with Custom Content (made with EA´s tools or with third part´s tools), I think the creators who make it are sometimes genios (I am including you Tj) and in building items and tools I have never had any issues with the CC I have. I am very gratefull to them who create all this awesome items and give them to us for free, and then they have to read everywhere that something is better because it is CC free :?: (talking allways about third part items) as if store content were not giving us much more headaches than anything. And don´t forget that this same simmers download CC in sims and hairs and clothes (which are more often corrupted or wrongly assigned for ages) that causes much more glitches than building items (mostly because there are much more creators and not all of them are good ones, I suposse it is easier).

So, making this long story shorter, I think an Stargate world is not posible without CC, if someone would take the trouble to make some CC to help to create that world, it will be something to be very gratefull at, (don´t know if "at" is the right preposition here) and if you Tj were to be this one, I am sure the CC would be the best part of the world.

Have a good time simmers

firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • anetherronanetherron Posts: 605 Member
    edited September 2013
    Oh boy... sorry to dig open old wounds. I didn't check the post dates. Having said that - I feel that any and all opinions could be valid - provided they are stated with some consideration for others. Unnecessary aggression is really uncalled for, quite petty, and totally inappropriate considering that we are discussing a GAME.
  • AtlantisAtlantis Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, if it's still available. Could I have the link to download the puddlejumper? Thanks in advance.
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
    Interesting idea @HeyWhatReub! I only saw the movie and the first few seasons of the original series. That does look like something that could be fun to play in for fans of the show through