Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would You Like More Occults??

Comments

• temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Yes
    LittleFox2 wrote: »
    I picked Elves because, personally, I want something different from past iterations. Some folks may not like JTB, but I like it and I'm happy they ventured out to add something new and different.

They had elves in Sims Medieval but you couldn't play as one.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Yes
    I picked Elves because, personally, I want something different from past iterations. Some folks may not like JTB, but I like it and I'm happy they ventured out to add something new and different.

Technically you could, you could make your heroes have pointed ears. They just weren't technically elves, but you could have one of their traits be "hopeful orphan" and headcanon that your elf hero is the child of elven parents who had to vanish for one reason or another.
    Makes me wish you could have set an origin for your Medieval hero, oh well, guess they didn;t want it o seem too much like Dragon Age that way. XD
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    No
    No! (And an extra NO, since I didn't reach the character limit.)
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Yes
    I'd like to see them develop existing occults. Merfolk, for example, have so much untapped potential, and because I have to cheat to make up for it, I also don't get achievements for what I do without cheats.
    edited April 2021
    Yes
    Daravi wrote: »
    I voted with no because I'm fine with my spellcasters and I don't care about other occults in the sims-series. Imagine the dignified thousand years old elf reacts with the childish woohoo animation. Uhm no thanks. And more occults means more intrusive gameplay, with demand of no nerfs I can only say: Sorry no thanks, then we have enough occults ingame. Obvisiously I'm the only one who get break ins and alien captures all the time. One of my Sims was captures twice in one night, one of other my sim was captured and bitten in one night, before I could do anything to avoid those happenings with the ingame mechanic. Even the door mechanic doesn't work to keep the vampires out. And the last break-in happened just a few days ago.

Sorry to say, just watching and can't do anything while my sims is gone or passed out isn't a fun game to me, then I could just watch the boring tv. Another reason why I say no, is that the devs always combine the antique-looking furnitures with occults and never offers those without occults, because they know they would sell less. But I want these things seperate from each other, a werwolve could also come with a future-looking style, it shouldn't be only the old antique stuff.

That's my opinion, I respect that other have a different opinion, so please, respect mine. It doesn't mean that I'm against occults in general. I like to play my spellcasters in one save and my normal sim in another save, I just want both gamestyles separate from each other. It's just my opinion for the moment, it could change anytime, it depends how the new occults will be introduced and how their gameplay is.

I do have a lot of respect for this reason for saying no. Maybe if they made occult's similar to how they did merfolk awakenings that would help. I know that there are hidden triggers for other occults. Like Aliens, you have to be looking for them to encounter them, and it is possible to raise the hidden meter without looking for them.

For Aliens, you have to talk to an Alien (a disguised townie alien counts) or use a telescope to "Search for the truth." Doctors can fill the meter caring for Alien Patients, Scientists can fill the meter easily with their typical activities, managers of a store can hire aliens and fill the meter... my merman accidentally hired an Alien, fired him, and got abducted the moment he got home.

For Vampires, you can turn off visits.

Merfolk require the household to be merwoke before sims can see the tails. This is done via a high friendship with a merperson and asking "If they are a mermaid?" or blowing the "Ordinary" Conch and asking about their "Strange Reaction."

So, the game does a fairly decent job hiding occults now. I personally feel like that they've focused so much on hiding occults that non-occult gameplay had suffered. A couple examples might be the rabbit hole scuba diving and rabbit hole sea cave.

Edit: Both the Sea Cave and Underwater have encounters with merfolk or the potential to encounter merfolk. To hide the merfolk, they may have excluded deeper gameplay.
    Yes
    The easiest way to detect an alien in disguise is to look for a glow around their heads when they are experiencing a very happy, mad, playful, or etc moodlet.
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Yes
    I would like Elves and Fairies. Also they could unlock ears so we could make elves now but it would be nice to have some elf clothes and build mode items that are elvish in nature and some elf type traits as well.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    No
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm starting to worry that Sims 4 will end before they finish the occults. I just want fairies in my game and a full Sylvan Glade style world
    01-12-18_2-52-45-PM.png

me too I am hoping against hope for fleshed out fairies and werewolves before the end of the series..

I'm still hoping they flesh out the spellcasters. They were a huge disappointment to me. Most spells were recycled, kids can't even touch magic or use brooms, sims can't chat with the familiars or interact with them in any way, they never added a small cauldron and there's no consequences for using magic other than the recharge which you can easily bypass.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • msullivan789msullivan789 Posts: 16 Member
    Yes
    [quote="halloweenchild;c-17853095"][quote="temporalgod;c-17853071"][quote="LittleFox2;c-17852856"]

[/quote]

They had elves in Sims Medieval but you couldn't play as one.[/quote]

Technically you could, you could make your heroes have pointed ears. They just weren't technically elves, but you could have one of their traits be "hopeful orphan" and headcanon that your elf hero is the child of elven parents who had to vanish for one reason or another.
    Makes me wish you could have set an origin for your Medieval hero, oh well, guess they didn;t want it o seem too much like Dragon Age that way. XD [/quote]

I almost always give my vampires and spell casters elf ears 😂
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    Yes
    I voted yes, because I want werewolfs (and body hair) and zombies (funeral and grim reaper career would be fun!). <3
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes
    @Scobre Actually, I never played with PlantSims. Yet, I've got a lot of ideas of the Elves I'll be creating in CAS if my dream pack becomes a reality.

It will be interesting to see what fantasy pack they release this year. So much potential to have it be Elves one day.
    Male-Elf.jpg

Depending on one's gameplay--one may decide to have the forbidden love between an Elf and a human Sim.
    Elf-and-Human.jpg
    @LittleFox Yeah the PlantSims are kind of boring in the Sims 4. I wouldn't mind a Midsummer Night's Dream pack. I think you might enjoy reading the series A Court of Thorn and Roses since it is some elven fae in it. I would love to have faeries in the game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Yes
    It will be interesting to see what fantasy pack they release this year. So much potential to have it be Elves one day.
    Male-Elf.jpg

I really hope they'll add fairies/elves this year, the expected packs at the moment don't remotely interest me but that would definitely get me excited and playing again.
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there! FYI: I moved this thread to the Game Feedback section. :)
    edited April 2021
    Yes
    EA_Leeloo wrote: »
    Hey there! FYI: I moved this thread to the Game Feedback section. :)

Thanks @EA_Leeloo anyways I think most people here would agree that occults are a necessary gameplay feature that had been a huge sample of the series and I'm been a loyal simmer since the PS2 days, Honestly I wouldn't have bought Sims 4 if it wasn't for Vampires, Can you please get EA to buff up our Occults, the Nerfs were unnecessary and uncalled for, none of us Occult players even asked for the nerfs in the first place.
  • msullivan789msullivan789 Posts: 16 Member
    Yes
    I want to add also that those that like the occult sims like the fully fleshed out ones such as vampires and spell casters. Putting out something with the minimalism of the aliens and mermaids will only be met with backlash.

Also an option to nerf / not nerf occult types in game would be wonderful, thanks.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Yes
    @Scobre Actually, I never played with PlantSims. Yet, I've got a lot of ideas of the Elves I'll be creating in CAS if my dream pack becomes a reality.

Male-Elf.jpg

Depending on one's gameplay--one may decide to have the forbidden love between an Elf and a human Sim.
    Elf-and-Human.jpg

I.. would like them to add this particular elf please. Just this guy xD
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Yes

Hoping for a world for Elves with some serious skills like Legolas.

Elves.jpg
    Elves-2.jpg

There definitely need to be an elf themed sims pack, you have High Elves, Wood Elves, Drow, Wild Elves, Aquatic Elves, Avariel, Eladrin, Shadar Kai, Lythari and Half Elves.

Don't forget the Svartálfar (dark/black elves) and Ljósálfar (light elves) from Norse Mythology as well. But yes, even if they couldn't incorporate all mythologies of all elves, as long as we had the ability to create all these kinds, I think it would make a great pack.
    Yes

Elves.jpg
    Elves-2.jpg

There definitely need to be an elf themed sims pack, you have High Elves, Wood Elves, Drow, Wild Elves, Aquatic Elves, Avariel, Eladrin, Shadar Kai, Lythari and Half Elves.

Don't forget the Svartálfar (dark/black elves) and Ljósálfar (light elves) from Norse Mythology as well. But yes, even if they couldn't incorporate all mythologies of all elves, as long as we had the ability to create all these kinds, I think it would make a great pack.

Drow are based on Svartálfar (dark/black elves) they're just the D&D equivalent and High Elves are based on the Ljósálfar (light elves), different names but same premise kind of deal.
    Yes

Makes me wish you could have set an origin for your Medieval hero, oh well, guess they didn;t want it o seem too much like Dragon Age that way. XD

I almost always give my vampires and spell casters elf ears 😂

Same XD, wish we could give regular sims pointed ears (without mods)
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    Yes

Elves.jpg
    Elves-2.jpg

Sorry, TES was the first thing that just came to my mind. XD

Bethesda *knocks on door* "we would like our Dunmer and Altmer back!"
    Norse Mythology: "Tough, we created them first."
    EA: *eating popcorn while waiting for the fight*
    Yes

Elves.jpg
    Elves-2.jpg

IKR Personally I think the Altmer are thee Best TES race, most Skyrim players hate my favorite race simply because of the Thalmor, but they haven't experienced games like Oblivion or ESO which paint the Altmer in a better light, I haven't played Morrowind but I've heard great things about it.
    Yes

Elves.jpg
    Elves-2.jpg

IKR Personally I think the Altmer are thee Best TES race, most Skyrim players hate my favorite race simply because of the Thalmor, but they haven't experienced games like Oblivion or ESO which paint the Altmer in a better light, I haven't played Morrowind but I've heard great things about it.

The Thalmor certainly don't help the reputation of their fellow Altmer in TES community, let alone the games. Even though the in-game non affiliated Altmer show as much disdain towards the Thalmor (and possibly even the Dominion) as the rest of the races, at least in Skyrim, tried plying Oblivion and just couldn't get into it haha. Altmer are in my top three player races though, with Nords being first, Kahjeet&Bosmer sharing second with Altmer being third.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    Yes
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm starting to worry that Sims 4 will end before they finish the occults. I just want fairies in my game and a full Sylvan Glade style world
    01-12-18_2-52-45-PM.png

Faries are probably next.
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    Yes on the condition they do not nerf them in the future like they did for Vampires.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    Yes
    I dont understand the push for more occults when its supposed to be a life simulator. Theres so many fantasy/occult games out there. And yet so little in the life sim genre like the sims. I dont mind if they keep it separate as dlc but i wish theyd only focus on life sim personally.

This is not true! Those fantasy rpg games their not life sims.We can't have children, turn anybody.We are stuck in the limit those games.I do agree we need more basic life features, but we need occults too.Life sim does not mean realistic simulator.