Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you're a TS3 addict when...

Comments

• GguyGguy Posts: 254 Member
    You start singing songs in Simlish.
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    When you are looking through a window of an apartment in the 10th floor, and the neigbourhood beneth looks like the map view of a town in Sims 3.

When you are taking a plane ride for the first time since 1983 (this was in fall 2020) and when you look out the window at a certain altitude, the countryside beneath looks EXACTLY like a map of some world in Sims 3! It made it so much more fun to fly and I couldn't wait for the return trip. Still looked like the Sims 3!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    When you spend several hours to get the Sims 2 running on your pc (again - I installed an expansion and the game refused to work anymore), then you finally play some hours and have a decent amount of fun, and then the next day you return to Sims 3 and it feels like coming home.

(No hate on Sims 2, it´s a really good game, just not for me, I guess).
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    edited May 2021
    When your Sims 3 is more of a balm for the "mild" symptoms that I'm getting from the Covid shot than a Tylenol ever could be. Distraction for me tends to prove to be the best medicine. Then I'll be too distracted playing to notice that I have a slight headache.

Yeah my head is pounding mildly.
    Wife: "Honey, shall I give you a Tylenol for that headache.
    Me; "Naw...I'll just pull up Sims 3. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    When you played it from release, left it in 2013 (performance issues), got back to it in 2018 after a big playing break, left it again (performance issues again), then you finally buy a gaming laptop and try it again in 2021 just to fall in love with it like if it was the first day <3
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    When you're crushing hard on someone who you'll never ever end up with irl and request a sim-alike to pair with your simself... tell me I'm not the only one?
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    When you're crushing hard on someone who you'll never ever end up with irl and request a sim-alike to pair with your simself... tell me I'm not the only one?

@rubyskywalker You're not the only one...

:p
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    You hear a song playing in your Sim-world and like it. You take the time to find the song in the "Music" section of the "Options" menu and play it. More than once. Then you look up the title and the artist and play the video for the song. More than once.

I *might* be listening to it while I'm writing this post. :)
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    jaletu2005 wrote: »
    When you are looking through a window of an apartment in the 10th floor, and the neigbourhood beneth looks like the map view of a town in Sims 3.

When you are taking a plane ride for the first time since 1983 (this was in fall 2020) and when you look out the window at a certain altitude, the countryside beneath looks EXACTLY like a map of some world in Sims 3! It made it so much more fun to fly and I couldn't wait for the return trip. Still looked like the Sims 3!

Be thankful that it didn't look like the Sims 4 neighborhood overview. That would be when you start looking for the Langoliers. (sorry for reminding Stephen King fans of that debacle)
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    emorrill wrote: »

@rubyskywalker You're not the only one...

:p

LOL! In my early years of TS3, my character's wife was always named Cindy Looker, formerly "Crawford".
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited June 2021
    @SimSpock lol in my case it's Hunter Metts. He's just too cute I couldn't NOT have a sim alike :lol: except the sim will never have his tattoos since I can't find anyone to make them (he has several, actually. Right arm: A dove with the branch, a nail, flowers (dandelions I think), the words love never dies; Left: the year 1998 with a line going around his arm, a heart, and a (: ) noted I don't normally like guys with a lot of tattoos (or piercings, honestly) but I think he changed that :lol:

Don't think I'd actually get a tattoo myself though, I don't like needles, but my bestie mentioned matching anchor ones and I just noticed one on someone's hand/wrist today that made me think of it. I'm hoping she was joking about it though :lol: ("What if Hunter was holding the needle?" My brain: omg what now imma need to think) then again I didn't say no... oops. I mean, how bad can a simple small anchor hurt? :lol:
    Although I do let my sims get them. Possibly even my simself.

Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • VaChuVaChu Posts: 37 Member
    I learned all the songs from world adventures, and sing it while i was cooking just like the sims did in my game
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    @MoonlightGraham Okay I gotta know which Sims song is your favorite now. ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,991 Member
    You know your a Sims 3 addict when you keep creating Sims 3 worlds like me, years after Maxis hasn’t released any new content and fewer and fewer people download them.
    edited June 2021
    @emorrill "🐸🐸🐸🐸" by The Royal Concept. Crazy as it sounds, I actually prefer the Simlish version!

I heard it playing when my Sim went to Roasted Toasted Beans Coffee Shop in University Life. Now, if he hears it when he's hanging out there, he invariably finds someone to dance with. My daughter thinks this is "adorable" (very high praise). She begged me to let my Sim keep dancing, so she could watch him and learn his moves. My Sim barely made it through class the next day, but my daughter can now perform the choreography for "the Sims Dance" perfectly. :)
    Post edited by MoonlightGraham on
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
    @emorrill Sorry about the failed mention. It was a newbie move by a total newbie, and since I can't edit my posts after they've been made, I can't fix my mistake.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    When your power cord goes out and you go into delirium tremens because you can't play the Sims 3.
    GettyImages-200218805-005-589296c05f9b5874ee242b38.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited June 2021
    When something happens to your computer and the first thing you say "Oh no I hope my sims is ok"
    Post edited by Evalen on
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    When you visit a friend’s house and think I could make this in The Sims!
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    When you go to party and think that the music is not so good, and at your party you will probably put the sims soundtrack :lol:
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    When you have fun playing, taking and editing screenshots, and then get annoyed when you have to eat and then later realize that you have been awake for 40 hours.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    When you visit a friend’s house and think I could make this in The Sims!

@ncisGibbs02 I am in a similar situation. I recently moved to a new state and in the process my family toured some houses for us to buy. In the process, I became very inspired with the differing styles of home construction. I even saw a new-build which I went crazy over.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Whenever you have free time, automatically turn on the sims 3
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Whenever you see a parakeet in the game, you start talking birdie to it. :)
    :) Smile!

• CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    Whenever you see a parakeet in the game, you start talking birdie to it. :)

...and if you have a talking bird in real life and it speaks Simlish and makes Sims 3 sounds. That would be awesome, though! :lol:
    cUrfGkA.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top