Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New world for commercial lots is needed

SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
edited April 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Today I started a new save file and as usual I added some commercial lots for my sims at the beginning. Due to fact that some packs don't introduce any new world and some expansions have no more space to build (as Evergreen Harbor or Britechester) I have no room to put more commercial lots than few restaurants, one/two clubs and one SPA maybe. I think that it is time to add a new, empty world to the base game, designed for commercial use. Let's be honest, Magnolia Promenade is too small to be good commetrial area. I miss the concept of map as we had in TS Hot Date.

Currently we have only 34 empty lots per save (with whole Newcrest) and more than 20 lot types to use, of which some lots are not exist in any world and we must to build them at the cost of free space. For examples restaurants, spas, hunted houses, tiny houses ect.

Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I would love this, something with maybe a downtown feel to it, that would be awesome!
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 339 Member
    edited March 2021
    I would love to have new worlds added to the game. However, this issue could also be solved if the developers ever implement the option for multifunctional lots. The possibility for multifunctional lots is why, when given the option in surveys concerning potential future packs, I tend to rank shopping malls at the top.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I normally renovate existing lots to make them multi functional, I add all required objects for various lot types, bar, lounge, cafe, library, etc. and simply change the lot type as I wish. One day it's a bar, the next it's a cafe. I find this helps with the limited space, but also makes the lot itself more interesting.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    I normally renovate existing lots to make them multi functional, I add all required objects for various lot types, bar, lounge, cafe, library, etc. and simply change the lot type as I wish. One day it's a bar, the next it's a cafe. I find this helps with the limited space, but also makes the lot itself more interesting.

I played one such lot one and it was a nuisance because the sims used all tables on the lot as restaurant tables not just the ones assigned in the restaurant area. A cafe looks different from a bar, you design them differently but the sims using the lot will go and sit at any available table. Now I prefer to add extra objects like a piano to a restaurant and hire a pianist if I want extra entertainment or try to use the objects that do work with other lot types.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I don't want more commercial lots, but I definitely need another blank world! Maybe they could give us one that we could customize as commercial, residential, or whatever we want. That would be great!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited March 2021
    idk i haven't really ever felt I lack lots with commercial venues cause i also make them multipurpose which easily adds every venue type in like 1-3 lots

but i wish we had edit world tools which could be used to add/delete gameplay objects off lot

or delete/add decorations off lot

cause i really dont feel like making lot to add that one playground thing that isnt on playground right next to it but you know

and sometimes fx houses or other decorations just really dont vibe with your ideas of what you want to do with your worlds
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I made a simple visualisation of potential "commercial" world. I aware that due to EA restrictions we can not have so much lots in single area but we can always dream of it. My main goal was to create the most generic and functional area as possible. You can built here only commercial lots here if you want -> small restaurants, shops, beaches, clubs ect, but you can also create residential districts wherever you want and it should match to this world :)

Promenada_qqqaqaw.png

My inspiration was southern France. Especially Montpellier, Nice, Marseille, Cannes:

Place-de-la-comedie_free_format.jpg
    637115564706111906BB.jpg
    nice-france-population.pic-1.jpg

But in my conception, the world is empty and don't have any fake buildings, so you can create whatever you want.

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Yes, I'm afraid EA misused the space available with their backdrop buildings. It's a pity. I have used all of Newcrest as a place for celebrity venues: Concert venues, indoor and outdoor, depending on the weather. Some fine dining as in Ritzy and some other nearly exclusive spas, et al. Still not enough room, as most of the available lots are on the small side. But, so far, it works for me. I would love another empty world(s). I won't cry, should they be willing to send them our way. Pretty please, EA? Love your layout.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Yes I could really use a new empty world, Newcrest is almost filled up.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I'm all for a new empty world, but I'd be really disappointed if the lot types were restricted in any way.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

I love this idea for a layout. It would have to be divided into sections. I wouldn't mind another 64x64, that's why I changed it. ;)

For one map (World), 27 lots is a lot of lots! Lots of lots!

Even if cut down a bit, this would still be awesome!

I put in where sections or "districts" could be.

Nya37vQ.png

Maybe tweaked a bit during development and testing.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    This is what Magnolia Promenade Should have been.
  • LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    I'd still fill it with houses to get more Sims in the world :)
  • LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    This is what Magnolia Promenade Should have been.

Right? But we got 3 department stores? Who needs 3 department stores? I knock 2 of them down in my games and make one a cafe one a restaurant and put a little park on the empty lot.
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there! FYI: I moved this thread to the Game Feedback section. :)
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I wouldn't mind a nightlife world like Downtown from the Sims 2, with just nightclubs, bars and cafes. Like what Del Sol Valley and San Myshuno could have been, if they hadn't filled them up with useless set dressing.

Magnolia Promenade is an absolute joke. They should have just merged it with Willow Creek.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited April 2021
    No begging for me when they could have given the player the tools to create, edit their own worlds, but to do so will interfere with them giving new worlds behind an paywall which are the packs. The request for empty worlds has been put in for some time now and all one hear is crickets. Sure they will give the player an world but you have to pay that $39.99 first.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Would it be possible for them to change the backdrop for Magnolia Promenade or other worlds to get more lots in? Especially as they've upgraded the specs. for the game.

I'd love a customisable background for my worlds. They have done this before, giving you a choice, desert, lush, concrete types.
  • AntwerpoAntwerpo Posts: 90 Member
    I like the idea, and flesh out commercial gameplay as it is boring as hell right now
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    No begging for me when they could have given the player the tools to create, edit their own worlds, but to do so will interfere with them giving new worlds behind an paywall which are the packs. The request for empty worlds has been put in for some time now and all one hear is crickets. Sure they will give the player an world but you have to pay that $39.99 first.

Yup, like with Snowy Escape and Island Living. Pay $39.99 for a big world with barely any gameplay.

I'm skeptical that we'll ever get customizable worlds with how the game was originally designed. I imagine it would take many years for them to create a true Create a World, probably when the Sims 4 is over.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Yup, like with Snowy Escape and Island Living. Pay $39.99 for a big world with barely any gameplay.

I'm skeptical that we'll ever get customizable worlds with how the game was originally designed. I imagine it would take many years for them to create a true Create a World, probably when the Sims 4 is over.

Sure enough. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Seeing as I hate the Get to Work commercial lot world I'm totally against a world just for commercial lots. What we need is bigger worlds at least the size of Windenburg though for me even that's to small that has enough lots for the player to make all the commercial lot types with room to still build the homes needed to fill the world with enough Sims to tell the stories they want.

But a CAW tool is the true solution to this world problem let the player decide if their pc can handle larger worlds put a warning up if they must when adding a world for the people who play on a potato.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Honestly, we need a bigger world.
    They claim they keep worlds small because more Sims = worse performance, but lemme show you something:

TlQjL9h.png

0dewvzl.png

35 seconds to go from opening the game to the title screen.
    16 seconds to go from the title screen to the world screen.
    37 seconds to go from the world screen to my current family.

And that's WITH Chrome, Discord and Steam running at the same time as TS4 and Origin.

Just over a minute to get into a family on a mid-range gaming PC.

The concerns Maxis has for TS4's performance are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy overblown.
    wJbomAo.png
  • FleurraFleurra Posts: 19 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    They claim they keep worlds small because more Sims = worse performance, but lemme show you something:

TlQjL9h.png

0dewvzl.png

And that's WITH Chrome, Discord and Steam running at the same time as TS4 and Origin.

The concerns Maxis has for TS4's performance are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy overblown.

Did you install TS4 on an SSD? Do you get simulation lag when you're ingame?

Because I have way less mods than you and I get a lot of simulation lag.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited May 2021
    Fleurra wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

TlQjL9h.png

0dewvzl.png

Did you install TS4 on an SSD? Do you get simulation lag when you're ingame?

Because I have way less mods than you and I get a lot of simulation lag.

Yes I have an SSD and yes I (occasionally) get simulation lag.
    Simulation lag isn't (entirely) related to how many mods you have, it's a problem with the game engine.
    wJbomAo.png