Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited April 2021
    April - Day 7: "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."

JDCRCFG.png

Notes
    AXn04V0.png
    Later that day while Essa was checking on her grade status, she got a notice the Debate Guild was having a Showdown in the UBrite Quad. She had been thinking about joining the Debate team, so she and Josh headed over there to see what it was all about. Essa signed up for the showdown and was given a uniform to wear for the competition. Everyone was just standing around, waiting for the showdown to start.

Essa noticed one of her former club members, Ridge Everest, watching the proceedings and after they had a short chat, he agreed to a debate with her, just for fun. The topic was "Are Gnomes cute or creepy?" Essa thought they were creepy and Ridge chose to argue they were cute. She began her arguments first.

HsABhF7.png
    Josh watched her with a proud smile on his handsome face. She was doing extremely well, which really wasn't much of a surprise since she was well versed in Research and Debate skills.

6lEEbIr.png
    Essa got a little annoyed when Ridge pretended what she'd said was so pedantic, it was boring and made him yawn. He gave his side of the issue and a judge made the call who had given the best reasoning for the topic.

ZisU6Wz.png
    Essa won! Ridge looked stunned. Essa next debated a professional, a member of the debate team in the official showdown. She beat them too and was awarded 490 simoleans! Essa stepped down to give other members a chance to debate and walked over to where Josh sat.

AVDzG4S.png
    "That was brilliant! Those two never had a chance. I'm so proud of you!."
    "Thanks, it was fun! I think having the Morphiate spell in my pocket clinched it. The judges agreed that's pretty creepy."
    "It is!"

Hev1XHm.png
    "Well Beautiful, do you think you can beat me in a debate? Want to try? I'll go easy on you."

qOosNLD.png
    "Oh you are so on! I think this might be the only thing I'm confident I can beat you, easily. You're so going down."
    "Uh huh, if you say so Beautiful."

Qahq9HB.png
    Their topic for debate was "Are Cowplants cows or plants?" Josh chose to argue they were cows and Essa argued they were plants. Josh started out strong and Essa started to get worried.

LIoKwmx.png
    He was good, really good at this. But Essa knew his reasoning was full of holes. She was confident she could reason why he was wrong. Clearly they were plants.

pRx8jpd.png
    Essa shot down every point Josh tried to make and he bowed his head, knowing she had beaten him without needing the final judgement.

qn6jaAa.png
    And he was right, she defeated him without question.

fGNAENJ.png
    "Great job Beautiful, you beat the pants off of me. I love seeing you so confident and strong. It's so sexy."

lpsc9JN.png
    "You should seriously join the Debate Guild. The team would be unbeatable with you on their side."
    "Hmm, maybe. I'll think about it."

They went back to the commons so Essa could change out of the Debate Guild uniform and then went for a walk around campus. It had turned into a beautiful day for the last one of the Fall season.

XhA7gte.png
    One of Essa's classmates had told her about a sandy beach area open to students and they'd come prepared wearing their swimsuits under their clothes. They found it easily with the clear directions given and built a sand sculpture together before checking out the water. Hopefully it wasn't too cold to go swimming.

3f0aC55.png
    "Catch me if you can! Come on Josh, you slowpoke. Am I going to beat you at everything today?"
    "Oh you just wait until I catch you Beautiful!"

dLQakix.png
    "I win again! Take that!"
    "Ahhhh!"

coTqdw5.png
    "Two can play that game!"
    "Gah! Okay, okay, that's enough. Hey! I beat you, what do I get?"
    "What do you want?"

O4rA3sR.png
    "This..."

AslayFY.png
    "Mmm, this is so nice. So relaxing...I could fall asleep."
    ZzzzZZz "Huh? What? Sorry, I think I dozed off."
    "I know something that'll wake you up."

FcKjC6A.png
    "Are you sure this is a good idea? What if someone sees us?"
    "There's nobody around, it's just you and me Beautiful."

mtjlZTJ.png

AolGwLx.png
    The water finally did start to get a little cold, so they went back home and Josh made them a late supper of Chicken Stir fry.
    "Gawd, that smells so good. I'm starving!"

iFtZJtW.png
    "You're always so good to me, thanks for a great day." *Mmmwah*
    "My pleasure Beautiful. We always have fun together, don't we?"
    "Always."

azdrvYA.png
    After supper Essa wanted to do a little studying for her finals before bedtime, so Josh kept her company reading an Archology skill guide.

Not sure if it's obvious, but there's something missing in this room now, can you guess what it is and why?
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my April 7th post above!

@permanentrose

It was time. Essa didn't want to wait too long to tell him. She felt bad enough as it was she hadn't told him before now. Josh's reaction was normal for any guy who's loved one had been hurt by someone and seemingly had no consequences for his actions. Plus, of course, he's frustrated and angry at himself for not being there to help her through it and take action himself. Thankfully, he's a reasonable guy though and Essa was able to make him see how flying off the handle and rushing over to pound Damon to the ground wasn't the best idea, as much as he'd like to do just that. They'll resolve matters together at some point.

I couldn't resist! :D I checked, it wasn't any of the challenge Sims, or any club members, etc. Just some random townie.

There is a clingy trait, but I don't think there's a phase. Toddlers don't get phases as far as I know, only children and teens. That's cool you have a niece with a similar personality you can use for Ruby. It helps when you can do that, have life experience to add flavor to a story. Good job! :)
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    April 7
    2srgAS8.png

Bryons Diary
    ct9r2e4.png
    I couldn’t sleep, so here I am, studying in my pj’s at midnight. I just kept thinking about last evening. Anas was acting really weird when I told him I had a boyfriend. It was almost like he...

DcRXUA9.png
    Liked me. Oh boy. I may have gotten myself in a difficult situation without realising it before. Naoki wasn’t just a little jealous. He was right all along. Anas has feelings for me. How could I have missed that??

7zWWtC3.png
    (Naoki) “Hey, why are you still up?”
    (Bryon) “I’m sorry... I couldn’t sleep, so I’m trying to clear my mind by studying…”

ZUUCvCV.png
    (Naoki) “What are you thinking about?”
    (Bryon) "You're gonna be mad if I tell you."

lLZMOtP.png
    (Naoki) "No no, I won't."
    (Bryon) “I’m thinking… That you were right.”
    (Naoki) “I was right? About what?”

mqKB5Og.png
    (Bryon) “Anas…”

dvl2yhC.png
    (Naoki) “What did he do?"

bytbZ9M.png
    (Naoki) "Did he try to kiss you?! Do I need to learn him a lesson?! I knew from the first second I saw him, he’s up to no good!!”
    (Bryon) “Shh, you’ll wake Kristine or mom!"

M0VleGi.png
    (Bryon) "I knew you would be mad."
    (Naoki) "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. But what's it about that guy?"
    (Bryon) "I told him about you, and when I did.. Something in his eyes told me—“

dHIVbra.png
    (Naoki) “No no no, I don't want to hear it!! You looked him in the eyes?! When?!”

ubLbun6.png
    (Bryon) “Naoki, calm down please. He was sick, I helped him, I just happened to look him in the eyes for a second.”
    (Naoki) “Why do I have to calm down??? He’s going to steal you away from me if I don’t make him clear that you’re mine! He lives in the Foxbury dorms, right?? I’m going after him!!”

uqwzsJi.png
    (Bryon) “Naoki, wait!!!”

PlVDTNO.png
    (Randi) “Bryon! What’s happening?! Why are you and Naoki screaming? Are you guys in a fight?!”

z7Fe4Or.png
    (Bryon) “No, we're not in a fight.. But... Naoki... He’s.. How did I let it come to this...”

0nSPOVG.png
    (Randi) “Hey, calm down... What happened?”
    (Bryon) “My classmate... I think he likes me... Naoki is going after him... I don’t know what to do...”
    (Randi) “Do you know where that guy lives?”
    (Bryon) “Yes...”

9nwKXak.png
    (Randi) “You’re a Spellcaster, right? Try poofing yourself over there?”

LV1vZK0.png
    (Bryon) “That’s... Not a bad idea. Thanks, mom. You always know how to help me.”
    (Randi) “Don’t forget to put on clothes.”
    (Bryon) “Right.”

qOhUKvc.png
    Once I arrived in the dorms, I only saw River, fast asleep. Where did Anas go?

(River) "Hm... Who's.. There...?"

Frick. Gotta get out of here.

ZQF1y01.png
    I tried to make sense of this whole situation. Where’s Naoki… And where did Anas go to…? He was sick in bed, right? I don’t understand this.

6BnkqzO.png
    I tried calling Naoki several times, but nothing.

5EC3EMd.png
    I walked the entire way back home to see if I would bump into him, but still nothing.

KJv45I4.png
    (Bryon) “Naoki.. Where are you…?”

qxiACVg.png
    I started to feel a little heavy in my head.

(Bryon) “Oh no, I have to make it home…”

y7l2U4f.png
    I made it, but my headache was getting worse... And this was just the beginning.

(Bryon) “What... Is happening...?”

Nxh9bu4.png
    When I got inside, I immediately noticed that the house was empty. But not only that. I also realised that every photo with Naoki on it had been removed. It seemed like Naoki was wiped away, like he never existed in the first place.

eo0msQB.png
    My head started to hurt more.

mVsdZaV.png
    (Bryon) “Arghhh….”

A voice appeared inside my head.

O5qUhM3.png
    (???) “Don’t fight me, Bryon. Let me in. Let me wipe those memories from Naoki away for you.”
    (Bryon) “Who the plum are you? Get out of my head already! Don’t touch those memories!”

(Bryon) “Please....”

VWWr7rh.png
    Whatever it was, it was too strong. I fell on the ground…

KpyFYXf.png
    And woke up again on the couch with mom next to me.

(Bryon) "What... Happened...?"

Yy2cQjz.png
    (Randi) “Bryon… Are you okay…? You suddenly fell on the ground… I got you onto this couch with all my strength... Have you been drinking too much?”
    (Bryon) “No, I don’t think I have been drinking... Although my head feels a little weird.. I have no idea what happened...”

HGDnT2o.png
    (Randi) “Oh, poor boy. You should go to sleep. It’s still midnight. I’ll make a huge breakfast for you and Kristine tomorrow, okay?”
    (Bryon) “Yeah… Okay.”

kEIHx0h.png
    (Bryon) “Thanks for looking out to me, mom. I don’t know what I’d do without you...”
    (Randi) “Oh, you know I’d do everything for you and Kristine, right?”

(And just like that, Bryon’s life continued like nothing had happened a few hours earlier. Every memory Bryon had with Naoki has been wiped away, and the same has happened to Randi, Kristine, Jules, actually everyone who's living/studying in Britechester. Naoki has been wiped away from everyones memories. Bryon still knows he’s gay, but I’ll make him act like a player again since he doesn’t have a memory of him being in a stable relationship anymore. Perfect moment for me to complete the serial romantic aspiration along the way, hehehe)

Behind the scenes
    OfY6tx1.png
    (Naoki) “I’m gonna make sure that guy stays away from my boyfriend, and-“

Ys5Csuw.png
    (Naoki) “Huh? What’s... That...?”

vUJaiWe.png
    (Naoki) “A.... UFO...?”

mGl28lC.png
    (Naoki) “This doesn’t look good...”

HjdECki.png
    (Naoki) “Help!!!”

JurrzH5.png
    The moment after, Naoki was 'knocked' unconscious.

qOhkoyJ.png
    And Naoki disappeared into the 'vehicle'.

The 'people' behind all this made sure to wipe away everything that has to do with Naoki. Every Sim in Britechester was taken care of. Nobody remembers him anymore.

No worries. Naoki will come back, eventually. In the end, nobody can break these two. But I have no clue yet on how long it will take.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited April 2021
    Update 97 - Busy days

LIFDH9C.png

Notes:
    I'm discovering so much with this pack that I feel like I really could just play one sim day per update, but I need to get through the university play for this month with a little bit of time left to spare at the end of the month since I have some transition plans in mind for Strangerville next month. So I played two days today, hopefully will get into a groove with how many classes I should load Jules up with each semester and then find a good pace for posting her progress.

Ruby was still devastated when it came time to say goodbye to Mommy in the morning :cry: Dell once again promised her it would get easier.
    w9QtJgX.png

She only has one morning class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so she went to visit Emmett at Foxbury after her class today. (Lol what is that guy in the background even cleaning? :D)
    wEPqGwa.png

Emmett introduced her to his roommate, Toby. "Can you believe I ended up rooming with Mario's cousin? What a small world." And then he invited her to an end of term party Brittany was hosting at her sorority house that Friday, because parties hosted by Brittany always turn out so well for everyone...
    LrtqzwS.png

They went out to the quad to kick around a soccer ball for a bit. "I'm thinking about joining the school team next semester," Emmett told her. "Have you considered trying out for your school's team?"
    "I thought about it," Jules told him, passing the ball back his way, "but with my course load, and taking care of Ruby, I'm not sure I have the time. I'd really like to though!"
    bZ85Ola.png

Then it was time to be studious, and the Foxbury Commons are way cooler than the UBrite ones, so let's just hang here.
    vyNf0oe.png

Back at home, Jules began to tackle potty training, with some success!
    WVH0d1S.png

I was not as on top of homework as I needed to be with Jules, I'm not sure what happened since I thought I was doing okay, but time just goes by so quickly, and by the time I sent her to her morning classes, she only had about 50% of her homework done for each class, which did affect her performance. We can attribute this to me still being a rookie uni player, but also Jules realistically might not be able to juggle her classes and being a mother easily, so I'll just go with it.

She was able to get her homework for her afternoon class done in between classes though.
    0vu9GJ6.png

That evening, Kaori invited her to attend a guest lecture at Foxbury.
    pStgNFs.png

And then they practiced some debating together, since Kaori was considering joining the debate team at her school. Jules lost again. She is up to a level 5 though, so we're getting through these aspiration milestones slowly but surely :)
    L65chfi.png

I recently purchased the Never Weary, Forever Full, and Forever Fresh reward traits for Jules. I've had enough aspiration points for ages, but was still managing her needs relatively easily, but if she's gonna be a successful mother and complete her uni work and hopefully get to do some extracurriculars, it's just gonna be easier to have her be well on her way to being a super sim :)

So Jules was able to stay up all night getting her project board done. She practiced presenting as well (daily pic), and when Sofia woke up, Jules asked for to look it over as well, and Sofia said it looked great.
    jAAUmBa.png

Hopefully I'll wrap up this semester in the next update, then on to Brittany's party over the weekend... :)

And now let's go to our daily check in with your sims :)
    Essa was biking around campus today
    cU8PadG.png

Roxanne made an offering of spoiled pizza to a yarn bombed statue :D
    AmMJY2g.png

Jenny was watching Eva Lopez and Adrian Horn debate
    vEbdAyZ.png

Spotted this crew walking out of the commons together...lol
    wuo25Jc.png

And yay, finally an Astrid sighting! Here she is getting something to drink at the Foxbury commons.
    sgHadMW.png

I feel like Bryon has been scarce lately, hopefully he'll turn up more often soon.
    edited April 2021
    I'll do proper comments later, I'm just in some pain today and really not feeling great, but hoping I'll be up to it later :)

But I need to ask -

@Karababy52 where exactly can sims swim in Britechester in the river??? I had no idea that existed! So cool!

Also guessing it’s the picture of Damon from the club photos that’s missing :)
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    I'm back, and I owe you four updates! Oof.

April 5th

Revulsion, Revelation

04-08-21_3-12-39_PM.png?width=721&height=577

With her day free again, Jenny had decided to scroll the job listings. Nearby, there weren’t really a lot of jobs, and she tried not to hear Rohan’s voice in her head. She didn’t want to move back to Mt. Komorebi, reminded of all the times she’d had to rough it in that little boxy property. She didn’t want to be reminded of the few times she’d been scared stiff, sleeping on benches, or the times she’d snuck into the Onsen for a shower early in the morning, the months of living off of vending machines before it all caught up with her. She just couldn’t.

She tried not to think on it, but it did feel like Rohan just didn’t listen to her. She wished that she knew why he wouldn’t talk about whatever was bothering him. He seemed to think she was alright with everything, and maybe that was partly her fault for trying to be when they were younger, but they weren’t kids any more.

Maybe you’re not, a voice whispered in her head. But he’s not exactly mature.

She tried to banish that thought, too. Rohan was kind, and fun. Couldn’t that be enough, still?

WANTED: GARDENER.

04-08-21_3-10-44_PM.png?width=721&height=577

She peered at the advert, noting the times, and the pay. It was a bit low, but she had quite a bit of experience with plants and haggling at the markets in Evergreen. Manual labour was, in her opinion, much better than customer service, and it didn’t seem to want much from her.

Well, it was better than anything else she’d seen so far. She sent a message to the person who had posted the job listing, and just as she was about to lock her phone, a message from Morgan came through.

Hey, just wanted to check up on you.

She texted back quickly that she was alright, but a long wall of text came through before Morgan could have read the message.

Jenny, Rohan knows you want him to move in, okay? I’m sorry, I didn’t know until now, but his sister is friends with Max, and she was talking about how his grandparents are trying to pressure him to move in with you. She came to hang out with the Renegades today and we’re just here and I just couldn’t not tell you. His grandparents want him to move out, and she says they told him it’s clear you want him to move in but he told them he doesn’t want to. He said it’s not like the two of you are married. She was telling us all that because you’re a Paragon, and the others didn’t really say anything, don’t worry, but he knows. He just doesn’t want to.

Jenny felt a wave of anger, not rage, overtaking her. He’d known?

04-08-21_3-11-23_PM.png?width=721&height=577

Another message from Morgan popped up.

Honestly, he could move out on his own if he really wanted to. He could even move into dorms. He’s just not interested in doing so, and apparently mentioning marriage started this big argument where they said they’re going to be dead before they see him married, and there was some stuff about children or something and it all blew up. His sister said she’s just done with it all and thinking of moving into dorms or something when she gets to uni, but he knows, Jenny, he knows and he’s been an idiot. I’m sorry, you can hate me if you want, but you deserve to know

He’d known. He’d led her forward like a trusting little sheep, and he’d never, ever intended to do anything about it. He’d known. She wanted to cry, but instead a shout ripped from her throat.

“You double crossing son of a--” She couldn’t even finish talking, instead ending her sentence in a scream of rage.

04-08-21_3-28-01_PM.png?width=721&height=577
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited April 2021
    March 16: Mixed Emotions At The Hospital

arrival-at-hospital.png
    HOSP-RECEP.png
    ~ WOLFGANG'S STORY ~

wolfgang-hosp.png

When Kiyoshi and I found Sakura at The Bluffs. It seemed like we had been waiting for hours for a Rescue Team to show up, but in reality, it was closer to half an hour.

he-wasnt-going-to-let-her-out-of-his-sight-again.png

you-did-it-man-lets-ligyht-a-signal-fire.png

As soon as my Mom got off the phone, she immediately called Bjorn Bjergsen who went into action-mode and had the chopper air-lift Sakura to the ICU (intensive-care unit) at Windenburg Hospital. Police came through the thicket and searched the entire area. They brought Kiyoshi and I back to the mainland on their high-speed police boat, and then another police officer drove us back home. My Mom was waiting for us and drove us to the hospital. We waited for hours in the waiting room. It was the worst night of my life. I kept getting calls and texts from everyone who wanted to know how she was, and all I kept telling them was, "No word, yet." My Mom, too, was on the phone most of the night whispering in hushed tones, and other times, she would just sit with us and give us a hug or just pat our hands now and again.

NO-WORD.png

My emotions were raw and I think I may have snapped at a few sims while I was at the hospital. I know for sure that I kicked a vending machine when my simoleons got stuck inside, because my foot was rather sore for a day afterwards. Better to vent on a vending machine, I suppose, than sims around you. I tried to calm down and play games on my phone, but everytime I saw a hospital staff member, I looked up at them thinking they might give us some news.

mad-at-vending-machine.png

kicking-the-vendor-machine-wolf.png

the-vending-machine-got-him-wolf.png\

Finally, at almost daybreak, a doctor came out and told us that Sakura would be fine, but would have to stay in the hospital for a few days. I think I might have cried at that point, I can't remember exactly, but it was the best news I had heard all night. The Doctor said we could go in and see her for a moment, but she was under sedation.

YOU-CAN-SEE-HER-NOW.png

When I saw her lying there so frail and pale, with all those machines hooked up to her, I just wanted to kiss her and tell her that I...oh my plumbobs...that I...gah...that I loved her...yes...oh my gosh, I DID...dang it! I did love her...and I would never let anything happen to her again. But Kiyoshi was standing right beside me, and I knew I couldn't do what I wanted to do.

IN-LOVE-WITH-SAKURA.png

Because I was JUST the friend, and so I just smoothed her hair with my hand and looked at her while she slept and whispered to her that I was here for her. And when I turned away, I saw Kiyoshi looking strangely at me, and in that instant, I somehow knew that Kiyoshi knew how I felt about Sakura. And I was mad at myself for having Kiyoshi see this side of me, and I certainly didn't want any problems for Sakura.

kiyoshi-saw-and-was-sad.png

Because Kiyoshi obviously cared immensely for Sakura to have travelled all this way just to try to find her. and now all that miscommunication between them would be solved, and they would be together again. And the thought of them together...it just hurt...my heart hurt just thinking about it...because I wasn't sure if I could JUST be her friend after this. I only wanted Sakura to be mine. But I knew that it couldn't happen. And I knew that when Kiyoshi shared the letters with Sakura, that Sakura would be happy...and reunited...with Kiyoshi. But it's not what I wanted. It's what Sakura wanted. And making Sakura happy was what mattered to me the most.

WOLFGANG-LOOKING-SAD.png
    ~ KIYOSHI'S STORY ~

SAD-KIYOSHI-HOSP.png

STARING-AT-PHOTO.png

Life gives you moments to think about and reevaluate what really matters to you. And Sakura's disappearance did that for me. When I met her friend, Wolfgang, it seemed unusual to me that someone who was just her friend would come over to her house every day and continue the search for Sakura. I found out that Sakura had many friends, but Wolfgang was the only one who continued the search. But then, maybe sims in this village were different. It certainly seemed that way, when a complete stranger, like Mrs. Munch, took me in and treated me like I was her own family. My parents could learn a lot from her. Mrs. Munch was only concerned with family and helping others, and my family was only concerned about wealth and power and 'saving face'. After spending time with the Munch family, these "things" that my family felt were important didn't seem very important to me anymore. What was important was doing the right thing. And by me leaving my house that day after I discovered how my parents had tried to sabotage my relationship with Sakura...that was the first step. Doing the right thing. Thinking back now, that was something I HADN'T done at the Training Camp. And now when I think of what I had done, I just wanted to turn back the hands of time so that it had never happened. But the fact is, it had. There is a Japanese expression that I have been thinking about, that I "had taken a diamond and traded it for a rock". Sakura was my diamond, and I had traded her away so easily.

KIYOSHI-AT-HISPITAL.png

KIYOSHI-SAD.png

Thinking back, I really don't know what happened, because when I left Mt. Komorebi, things were very good between Sakura and I. But then when I got to the training camp, with the rigorous training, and Coach Janks critiquing us every day, and telling us we had to work harder and faster, and then not hearing from Sakura...it just got to me. And with Kaori being there, and talking to me, and smiling at me, and saying she still cared for me...well...I just caved. It started innocently enough...one of the other team members had smuggled in some alcohol, and we all met behind the cabin where we were staying and had a little party. Well, Kaori and I started to get rather cozy together, and the next thing I know, we were...oh gosh I can't believe it happened...we were...ohhh...messing around in the showers. I knew it was wrong...but...I also knew Kaori wanted me and cared about me. And I needed her and I needed to feel wanted by someone, because for all I knew, Sakura had forgotten about me. But I couldn't forget Sakura, and realized that I had cheated on Sakura without even giving her a chance to explain about her lack of letters. I just felt sick about what I'd done.

SO-BORED-KIYOSHI.png

WHY-DID-I-DO-WHAT-I-DID.png

The next morning, I told Kaori that I couldn't do this anymore. That it was over between us, and had to stay that way. And I just avoided Kaori after that, put all my frustration and energy into my snowboarding, and was so grateful that Coach Janks let us have a day off early because I needed to see Sakura again to find out how it was between us. And then all the lies from my family...it was just so hard to take. They had actually succeeded in tearing Sakura and I apart. Had tested me and I had failed. I had failed myself and I had failed Sakura. And that night sitting in the hospital waiting room, thinking about what I had done, I just felt so devastated. I didn't know if I could tell Sakura about Kaori, and certainly not while she was in the hospital. And so I sat thinking about the million and one ways I would make it up to Sakura...and knowing that I would eventually have to tell her the truth.

LOOKING-AT-SAKUYRA.png

And when I saw Sakura on that hospital bed, looking so lifeless, my heart ached because she didn't deserve what I had done to her. And then I saw how her friend Wolfgang had stroked her hair and looked at her, and avoided my eyes afterwards, and something just clicked in me. I knew there was something between Wolfgang and Sakura. It certainly was more than a friendship, but then, Sakura might not even know how Wolfgang felt about her. Certainly, Sakura deserved someone who was caring and devoted. And for the first time, I thought that maybe it wasn't me.

HEADING-OUT-KIYOSHI.png
    ~ MILA'S STORY ~

MILA-WAITING.png

When Wolfgang called me and told me that he and Kiyoshi had found Sakura, my heart leapt. I was overjoyed. That sweet girl had been found. And then, at the hospital, just sitting in that waiting room, seeing how Wolfgang and Kiyoshi looked, it was heart-wrenching. And I could tell from Wolfgang's expressions that my son was in love with Sakura, something I had suspected, but hadn't talked to him about. And I could tell he was struggling with his emotions because here he was sitting in the same waiting room with Sakura's boyfriend. It was hard for me to see him go through all this pain. And being Wolfgang, he handled it in his own way...kicking a vending machine so hard several times, and then seeing him hobble back to the waiting room and sit down. A few times I even saw him brush away some tears from his eyes, but he always looked down and covered his face with his hands. I just took his hand in mine and kept telling him that Sakura would be fine, and he just had this sad look in his eyes when he looked at me and nodded. But a mother knows.

WOLFGANG-SAD-FACE-TO-MOTHER.png

tryint-to-cheer-up.png

Now Kiyoshi was a bit harder to read. I couldn't really tell how he was handling all of this like I could with Wolfgang. Kiyoshi wasn't as forthcoming with his emotions as Wolfgang was. But all night Kiyoshi just sat there like he was in a daze, and every now and again, he'd shake his head and look down, like he was trying to rid himself of some memory. And apparently whatever fight he had with his parents wasn't helping matters, because I didn't see him texting or calling them at all. All I saw was Kiyoshi staring off into space or staring at a photo of Sakura and him that he had on his phone. It was a beautiful photo and he showed it to me. A few times I just went over and gave him a hug of reassurance and I saw his eyes were misty, but I didn't say a word. He obviously cared about Sakura a lot to have come all this way to help with the search, but it seemed to me that he was also fighting some personal demons. And whether they involved Sakura or not, I didn't know. I did remember, though, about some special report about Kiyoshi getting back with his ex-girlfriend...what was her name now...oh yes, Kaori...but obviously that wasn't true if he was here with Sakura. All I could do was sit with them and try to comfort both of them and tell them that I was there if they wanted to talk. But something didn't seem quite right with Kiyoshi. Sometimes, a mother just knows.

holding-hands-kiyoshi.png

it-runs-in-the-family-you-know-wolf-joked.png\

And I thought of Sakura, and how wonderful she had been when she came for dinner, and the truth is, I really liked having her around. I remember seeing her with Wolfgang and watching how her whole face would light up when she looked at him, and more importantly, how Wolfgang looked at her. Wolfgang and Sakura had a special bond together. Sakura had done some type of magic on Wolfgang, and he was a changed person since he had met her. He had buckled down on his homework, his grades were up, he actually had an "A' now, and he was thinking about heading to university. He was even eligible for some scholarships. Yes, Wolfgang did this himself, but my guess is that it was Sakura's influence on him that was the main cause. Wolfgang told me that he wanted to be a better person for Sakura. Yes, some things a mother just knows.

WAITING-FOR-WORD-AT-HOSP-MILA.png
    ~ SAKURA'S STORY ~

SAURA-AND-MILA-HOSP.png

SAKURA-EXPRESSION-HOSP.png

I woke up and I could barely see. It was like I was in a fog, and then I heard a voice, so soothing, so caring, I thought is was my Okaasan, so long ago when she would put me to bed as a child and told me a tale of a lovely princess who lived in the land of the fairies. And when I opened my eyes fully, I was surprised to see Wolfgang's mother hovering over me. She saw that I was awake and immediately ran to the doorway and shouted at someone.

NURSE-NURSE-SHES-AWAKE.png

I looked around and I didn't know where I was. I was in a bed, and I later found out I was in a hospital room. Two nurses came running in the room, and then I saw Wolfgang coming in behind them....and, then....oh my gosh...Kiyoshi! Was I in a dream? Was this really happening?

NUYRSES-COME-IN-HOSP.png

AND-KIYOSHI.png

Kiyoshi came to my bed and held me in his arms and kissed my cheeks, and all I could do was cry. I didn't know what had happened, but he was here and he had his arms around me, and that was all that mattered. The nurses had to run some tests on me, so he reluctantly let me go.

A-KISS-WITH-KIYOSHI-HOSP.png

And then I saw Wolfgang standing there awkwardly looking at me, and when the nurses left, he came over to me and hugged me ever so gently and made a joke about me being a sleepyhead and they weren't sure when I would wake up. And then he sat down on my bed and looked at me and held my hand in his.

KISSING-SAKURAS-FOREHEAD-WOLF.png

JUST-LOOKING-AT-SAKURA.png

Wolfgang's Mom bustled over then and gave me a hug and told me that she had seen the hospital food they were serving and that I needed some good food to get better. She said she would go home and make up a special batch of her homemade soup and bring it to me tomorrow. I smiled at her.

ILL-BRING-SOME-SOUP.png

Wolfgang and Kiyoshi related the tale of what had happened and how long I had been unconscious. My head hurt, and I lifted my hand up and felt a bandage wrapped around it. I couldn't remember a week of my life. I told them the last thing I remembered was seeing some mushrooms, and I had picked some and then felt dizzy, and that's all I remembered. Wolfgang told me that I had somehow gone through a thicket to a place called The Bluffs and that he and Kiyoshi had found me lying on some rocks. The doctors had told them that I was lucky to be alive. They figured I had hit my head on some rocks and lay there unconscious for several days. I tried to sit up, but was too weak, and Wolfgang and Kiyoshi went on either side of me and helped me to sit upright. I looked at Kiyoshi and asked him about the training camp. He told me he had come as soon as he heard I was missing, but he had to go back soon.

I-BRUGHT-THE-LETTERS.png

SAKURA-ROOM-HOSP.png

The nurse came in then and said that they would have to leave shortly. Kiyoshi held my hand and told me that he had gotten all of my letters, and he had all of the letters that he had sent me and said there was some mix-up with the courier, but he would bring the letters when he came to visit me tomorrow. He had written to me! It made my heart so happy to hear that, and he had travelled all this way to be with me. I started crying again. But then I looked over at Wolfgang's face and how he was looking at me, and I just felt a great sadness come over me. I should be happy...right?... that Kiyoshi was here. that he had indeed written to me...it's what I wanted...right? So why did I feel like I wanted to have Wolfgang take me in his arms and kiss me tenderly on the lips? I was just so confused...and so very tired. I laid my head back down on the pillow and closed my eyes and dreamt of kissing a faceless sim...

SAKURA-IN-HOSP.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Notes:

The complete Japanese proverb is "Cheating on a good girl is like throwing away a diamond and picking up a rock."

Thanks to these simmers for their wonderful creations. These are rooms. The nurses and doctor sims were "old" sims that were made by me and just used for this story.

hosp-wat-room-credit.png

hosp-room-credit.png

I only downloaded part of the hospital build onto the lot, just to show it was a hospital. It had a heli-pad up top.

i-only-downloaded-part-of-this.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    @Karababy52 - Regarding your comment, the thing I had to check out was the starting relationship when you just go into a new game, between Kiyoshi and Kaori, I was concerned because Kiyoshi had some pink in his relationship bar with Kaori and I was kind of in shock about it. However, that is how the game starts, as shown below. Now whether they had any romantic interactions when I wasn't playing Kiyoshi is unknown. Anyway, I thought I would use this as "evidence" on Kiyoshi's...um...indiscretion at the Training Camp.
    kaori-orig-relkationship-bar-kiyoshi.png

start-of-game-kaori.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Big catch up on posts!
    @Annoying Tiger
    April 1 Lol the picture of the cat on passed out Astrid is funny. I've been watching too many pet videos lately. Grats on the Botanist Aspiration!
    April 2 The cowplant picture is so cool!
    April 3 Ohh I've never seen that girl with pearl earring picture in the game..
    April 4 So sweet love the Flower Bunny.. I never tried doing the egg hunt at a park. I gotta try that soon. What is going on with the clothing choices in your game!
    April 5 Naked toddler alert!
    April 6 Lol.. about the mean guy in the green shirt. Shoulda zapped him!
    @Karababy52
    April 2 They gotta make sure all the furniture is sturdy!
    April 3 I love Tessa's new hair! Wow she qualified for so many degrees. I've never played such a skilled sim applying before so looking forward also to seeing what happens. Aww, I was listening to Joe Cocker the other night. That's great.
    April 4 Lol they get a crazy amount back with that trait that gives them interest.. both Archie and Roxanne have it. It more than pays for her rent ect now.
    April 5 Those needs potions are coming in so handy. I'm glad we got to go to the magic realm early on! Actually so many spells will.
    April 6 Well Josh took the news well...not!, but it makes sense.
    April 7 She beat the pants off Josh!.. for the swim later!
    -I figure the exterior of her house will just show up as the month goes on. Roxanne has topped most creative skills... I figure it might make Uni easier for her and I'd rather have it be a little easier. Well probably end up going for the same degree.. I think.
    @permanentrose
    April 3 The kids look cute.. too bad they aren't getting along yet. Ruby's hairdo is adorable, but then again it was before too!
    April 4 Yahh accepted. Lol about Brittany walking around looking mad, there has to be at least a little college drama in the making right?? Loved Ruby joining in to dance!
    April 5 Everyone looks so good in their college clothes! Better get that research and debate up!
    April 6 Daddy's day was great. Ruby fits right in everywhere!
    April 7 Aww that tantrum and momma guilt! Awesome pictures of everyone too!
    April 8 She's a busy college girl! It does seem like a lot in one pack!
    Wait what?... Roxanne get away from Brittany!.. bleh they look like they could get along.
    -The black and white cake comes with the Digital Deluxe game upgrade it adds something called the Black and White Bash and other stuff. I remember upgrading my game awhile back because I wanted all the content lol.
    I'll probably have her join since it's something to do. Not sure if I'll have her join the secret society right away but eventually she'll join. I understand you have to make a lot of offerings and gifts.. then again I do have copypasto!
    @Skeilah
    April 3 Awww so many little Roo's! I'd have snipped that cat early too!
    April 4 That green hair! She's very cute, sweet that Kristine and Ruby are getting along.
    April 5 Great first day! I smell drama though!
    April 6 Whew, glad Bryon didn't get in trouble for helping Anas...
    April 7 OMG... lol okay that's a pretty good way to have Bryon be single for awhile. Eventually he can be with the love of his life! Didn't expect that!
    @Ellupelluellu
    April 3 So much going on in your game. I loved seeing Malcolm get mischievous. How in the heck did your game make Tessa a ghost vendor? Wow. It's fun seeing all the characters in your game.... omg for Roxanne as the mascot. That's fitting!
    April 4 You always make me giggle with the fishing jokes! What a great looking bar, very magical.
    @SoulGal7
    For Wolfgang's story... I feel bad for him. It was nice the way the community was coming together to try to help... and then of course the cliffhanger meeting!
    For the next post... again I'm feeling so bad for Wolfgang but he's handling it well. Mila is such a good mother figure!
    The last date for the Prince and Titania.... wow. The game took over but it did good!
    I was so pleased how Titania carried herself as the fairy queen.. since she was pretty easy to dislike for so long. I'm also glad that they will bring the Prince back!
    For Sakura's return to the real world... it is amazing you saw Emily for the first time here.. seems fitting though. The boys coming together to search for her is good, doesn't stop me from worrying about what will happen. Bracing myself to feel bad for one of them at least.
    Getting in a comment about the last post when Sakura wakes up. Yeah this isn't going to be a completely feel good ending but seems like Wolfgang is the one. Whew.
    @Kanindota
    Such drama in using the copies to live out Rivers life. Aww man I wanted to get that curse! That's great (well for Rivers story!).
    I got lost as to why River wasn't remembered by Dirk.. is it just payback or a curse?
    Looks like it's time for Uni though. I feel sorry for Morgyn but maybe River will get straightened out lol.
    @lilypadmeulin
    April 3rd I don't think he gets hints well, or just isn't ready!
    April 4th I liked the way Jenny met the spellcasters and how it ties in to her interest in plants.
    April 5 Yeah Rohan isn't ready, but you know even though Jenny was dropping hints she didn't come right out and tell him either. They need that talk. Unless she get's her hands around his neck first lol.
    egTcBMc.png
    @SoulGal7

I still don't know what team I'm rooting for! But I think I'm starting to lean more towards Wolfgang, because he's always known that Sakura was a diamond and never gone hunting for rocks.

@Hermitgirl

Jenny was hinting but not talking, so that part's on her, but this is just a lot. Rohan's been trying to shape her life to be easier for him. They're definitely going to need a talk at some point.
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @lilypadmeulin - ahhh....that's sweet what you said in your comment on my last chapter. Yes, for sure, Sakura is a diamond :)
    April 7
    1BPAiXv.png
    Finally Roxanne got off her duff and applied for scholarships and then University. She obtained many scholarships and was available for all distinguished degrees. I decided to send her into Psychology. I want to see her as a detective and maybe get that leg up as a covert operator... I never went the Sim-In-Black route, so why not? I was going to send her for arts because she's so skilled and has the creative trait but really she has nothing left to learn. I also had a strong impulse to send her into robotics because having robot friends just is fun to me, but we are going to be busting through this pretty fast. Then I just decided I'd do something different than I've done and different than I've seen others in the challenge do so far. Besides, Roxanne could use a little self analysis!
    I'm a day behind but should have more to post soon!
    vNrIwr1.png
    Cheering after being accepted!
    Bd4tk5X.png
    Lol .. elective yoga! I thought she had topped wellness but was only at 7 so that sounded good to me.
    9GB4Lpj.png
    Just wanted to add this.... Roxanne's bills for her smallish house... and how much interest she gets lol..
    egTcBMc.png
    @Hermitgirl
    Psychology is great major for Roxanne! I'm pretty sure I have her getting Fine Arts in my game, just because she always has been so artsy. But I think psychology is a really great choice, especially for the jobs she might want to pursue. I also love that outfit she's wearing in that first screenshot under the spoiler! And thanks for answering my question about the Deluxe edition, I don't even think I knew there was a deluxe edition haha

@SoulGal7
    I'm seriously impressed by how much work you put into each update! It must take a lot of planning and behind the scenes work to pull off what you do, especially in a vanilla game. Most of the stuff I manage to pull off is because I have mods and CC, and I still feel like your attention to detail and storytelling far surpasses anything I could do, so seriously, I'm really impressed :)

Nice using the first person POV, I really liked getting inside all four of their heads. And oh no, so it was true all along, Kiyoshi wasn't faithful to Sakura :( This definitely gives Wolfgang some major points. I was thinking Kiyoshi was on an equal playing field with him, but hearing that he so easily messed around with Kaori just makes me feel like he doesn't deserve Sakura - even if he didn't know about the letters. I mean, I guess Sakura did kiss Wolfgang, but it just feels different, especially since she was loyal and devoted to Kiyoshi the whole time he was gone, even though she really started losing reasons to be. So I'm pretty much team Wolfgang at this point. Also Mila is so great too - as I've said before, having the Munches for family would be so sweet <3

@lilypadmeulin
    Uh oh, things are not looking good for Jenny and Rohan, but that felt inevitable at some point. Morgan is a good friend though - it's always tough to know that line between being honest with your friends and overstepping boundaries when you hear stuff second hand, but I think it was appropriate here for Morgan to tell Jenny what she heard. I kind of know a bit what you have planned since we've talked about it, but I'm curious to see how you arrive there :)

@Skeilah
    I am super excited for this storyline. You have a lot of really good plans, and it's all coming together so nicely. What a crazy chapter though, for Bryon's entire world to be turned upside down this way. Naoki is such big part of his life too, I feel like he's going to feel a big hole there even if he can't figure out what it is. Ahhh, so much drama, I love it :)

@Karababy52
    Nice stuff with the Debate Guild, you really have the lingo of this pack down too, haha, I feel like I actually have no idea what I'm talking about or what Jules is doing as I start to explore this pack more. And Essa is the debating queen! That would be a good organization for her to join, I could see her enjoying it. Jules, with her active trait, will be joining the soccer team if I find the time haha.

And I did end up finding that river swimming spot after I had time to explore in my game today. It's so nice they have started including river swimming in recent packs. Love that Josh and Essa had a little skinny dip together and I absolutely love that water kiss option!
    edited April 2021
    April - Day 8: Creativity Celebration

UbIfZpt.png

Notes
    yxmmDjJ.png
    Sunday was the first day of Winter and a New Skill Holiday. Both are loaded with reward points, but having more never hurts. Essa read the first Parenting skill book, while Josh continued reading Archeology.

Essa got the ding but Josh didn't. From reading the description, it mentioned something about increasing in a low skill, so I figured that must be why. He was already at Level 7. Bought him some Acting skill books to read and Josh finally got a ding of completion as well.

Essa got a notice that there was a Creativity Celebration happening in the UBrite quad so they walked over there to check it out.

7rdCoFj.png
    Essa hadn't met the school mascot, Darby the Dragon yet, and he/she just happened to be at the celebration. She cheerfully introduced herself and then asked if the Mascot would agree to taking a selfie together. Darby agreed and that's the Daily post pic, obviously.

Josh and Essa noticed a couple places set up to paint murals and decided to give it a try. I don't know what they were painting but it looked interesting.

BbdYclk.png
    After they were finished with the mural, Josh noticed a stereo system set-up and asked Essa to dance with him. I found it interesting how at times they danced in almost perfect sync together. But then, these two have always been on the same wavelength so it's really not that surprising.

qz28nxz.png
    The celebration ended and since they were both hungry, the couple headed over to the Commons to see if the cafeteria was still open. Not much of a selection was left since it was getting late, but the apple pie looked good.

"Wow, you're not finished yet?"
    "No, I had to walk here, you transporatalated Miss Spellcaster."

EW8fFqM.png
    Essa made a goofy face and blew a raspberry at him for his cheeky comment which cracked up Josh.

"Somebody's feeling playful tonight."

3YptTXV.png
    "Oh yeah, and frisky too." *Mmmwah*
    "Is that so?"

iX4dkLX.png
    "I saw a nice bush out back, since you're feeling so playful and frisky, what do you think about maybe..."
    "You're so naughty. Really? In a bush?"
    "Why not? It's late nobody's around. It'll be fun!"
    "Bush Bangin'...well that's a new one for us. Uh...Okay, I'm game!"
    "Maybe new for you, but not me, if you get my drift."
    "JOSH!"
    Essa couldn't stop laughing as the two raced around back of the Commons together.

N8z39ZY.png
    WdWc7Uy.png
    llFbGFf.png
    "Hey! Something poked me. I think it was a big stick."
    "That wasn't a stick Beautiful."
    "WOOOOO HOOOOOO!"

gyBNrX1.png
    "Do you think anybody saw us? Or heard us?"
    "I don't see anybody."

9U3gYVf.png
    "Are you sure?"
    "I'm sure, see for yourself."
    "Okay, let's go home. That was fantastic, but we've got a nice, big, soft, comfy bed there."

5a3YImk.png
    Once their lot loaded, the first thing I saw was Josh making this derpy face. Though the screenshot I snapped isn't set-up like I normally do, it caught me off-guard and I was laughing so hard, I wanted to include it.

I haven't had anything to smile about, let alone laugh today, so it made me grateful. See, that's the thing about Sims. I've read many posts where other Simmers talk about how they play to help relieve stress, that it's therapeutic for them.

Though I could understand somewhat what they meant, this brought it home to me. I'm so glad I have the Sims to have fun and be creative almost every day, and also to make some days just a little bit brighter when I truly need it. Thank you Maxis! <3
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    April 8
    ECL4ONj.png
    As soon as Roxanne chose her classes she was on the run. Three homework assignments to complete before the next day and one to complete by Friday. Two term papers and one presentation to complete and get to a good enough quality to turn in before the final classes next week. On top of that she was automatically on the Soccer Team by getting the scholarship (I think). I decided to go with it. She had her needs potions what the heck!
    Although I might have her drop Soccer later... it definitely wasn't planned for!
    Time to crack down and work!
    ZzB37Po.png
    Loa4ZRN.png
    K69UW8v.png
    By the next morning Roxanne had her homework done, her term papers done (at least the first draft). So she started her daily activity for soccer. Time was looking tight with that class load.
    egTcBMc.png
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,774 Member
    Work and that stuff , so late again, but gladly I have played ahead .) I will post update or two tomorrow , maybe a bit less of pictures (If I only could manage to cut any) , And will reply to mentions then too :)

One thing tho , @SoulGal7 TEAM W , forever here!! <3

But I had something else to share, as I said I have played ahead.

I keep aging on with everyone, with normal life span, one simweek per month. So the background ages with them :) And as it is on "normal" , lots of aging will happen in one sim week. And the next 3 weeks nobody ages.

So first, Nelly and Everett (Essa+Nikolas) , now teens.
    SiO7R2L.png
    No Idea why they both were at Greg's doorstep, but there they were.

Then Jeremy and Jack (Jenny+Jasper) @AlwaysAsking , Jack is new and Jeremy just aged to child.
    KWkjjEl.png

Then Rick and Reena (River+Roxanne) , now kids.
    EXssSw0.png

Then Aaron and Anne (Bryon+Sakura) , kids now.
    54ETClp.png

And Julia and Rasmus,(Jules+Caleb) , Julia as a kid and new baby brother .
    KSMAzE9.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    *Updated my April 8th post above! I'll start working on comments next.
    edited April 2021
    @Skeilah
    Whoa! Well that certainly was a BIG surprise! o.O I'm guessing you planned this to happen for other reasons besides wanting to do the Serial Romantic aspiration. It's going to seem very strange now without Naoki in Bryon's life, especially seeing Bryon romancing others. But I'm looking forward to reading more with an open mind. Should be very interesting.

@permanentrose
    Nice that Jules had time to visit Emmett, interesting his roommate is Mario's cousin. Yeah, trying to be on the soccer team probably isn't a good idea with so much on her plate already. Easy to get behind on homework with so many other responsibilities. Thought about getting those traits for Essa, but she can just chug down a potion of Plentiful Needs. Interesting that Essa's helmet matches her bike. That almost never happens in my game. Oh dear, Those three kind of resemble the Plastics eh? Looks like with Essa playing the Lyndsey Lohan character. o.O

Just from reading ahead I see you found the swimming spot yourself. Sorry I wasn't able to answer that question beforehand. You are correct. Josh insisted Essa take down Damon's photo. For obvious reasons, He likes to sit and study in that chair and having Damon's pic right there was making his blood pressure rise, it was like a slap in the face every time he saw it.

Well, this is my sixth time, maybe seventh I've played with a Sim in DU, so I pretty much know how everything works in the pack. I think Essa might join the Debate Guild, haven't decided yet, maybe next semester. She got a scholarship for soccer, but I had her quit that. She has the high metabolism trait, almost leveled Fitness, so she'd be able to handle it. Just wasn't sure she'd have enough time to do it and I wanted to get her schooling out of the way as fast as possible for my other plans for the month.

@lilypadmeulin
    Congrats to Jenny for getting the Gardener job. Wow, so Rohan knew all along Jenny wanted him to move in with her, he just didn't want to. What a *beep*! Can't say it. Morgan is a good friend for sharing that kind of info with her. She needed to know.

@SoulGal7
    So Kyoshi cheated, I thought so. Wolfgang just slipped up a notch for me now. Yes, he broke it off right away, but that doesn't change the fact he cheated. Yes, Sakura kissed Wolfgang and has feelings for him, but she didn't actually 'mess around' with him. However, I can't really judge him based on what happened with Josh 'cheating' on Essa with Whitney. Not the same, and they weren't really a couple at the time, but Essa did kind of understand and forgave him for it anyway. So it is possible Sakura will forgive him, they have a history together. But, Wolfgang has never let her down, never cheated, never gave up on her, etc., etc. So it's tough. I don't envy Sakura having to make a decision between the two.

Oh and I love Mila even more! She's such a loving, caring understanding Mom.

@Hermitgirl
    I wondered if anyone knew who Joe Cocker was or if they had heard that song before. It's a great song. Yes! I am so glad I decided to let Essa stay a Spellcaster. It certainly is coming in handy! 'Beat the pants off him - for swimming later' Perfect! You're so funny! Okay, that makes sense about the exterior.

Ah, she chose Psychology, nice! Great reasoning as to why. She'll get a leg up that way in Strangerville. Good idea about the yoga! I'll have to see what's offered next semester for Essa and chose one if there's one available she needs skills for. Wow! She does get a lot of interest. I think that's weekly too, isn't it? Between the 15K Josh gets and around 12K every day for the garden, Essa is rolling in the simoleans. I think last time I looked she had around 400K. o.O

Sounds like Roxanne's schedule is similar to Essa's. She had a presentation, and a term paper, both of which have been submitted already, with the other two classes having just final exams. She's not doing the soccer though she got a scholarship for it. I made her quit. However, they still gave her a free soccer ball. So I guess Roxanne does have a tighter schedule with the added soccer. Good luck to her!

@Ellupelluellu
    I already told you in a PM, but I'll say it again, Essa and Nikolas/Damon's teens are freakin' GORGEOUS! Wow! They turned out so good. I'm so glad Essa and Nikolas/Damon were able to be together in your game, because they'll most likely never get together in mine. Except maybe in an alternate universe or something. But I don't have time to fiddle with that right now, so I'll just enjoy them being together vicariously through your gameplay with the two. Everyone else's kids are really cute too! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see more! Especially how all the other kids look as teens.
    @Ellupelluellu

The new baby looks SO like his mother!

@Karababy52

Morgan is a very good friend - more updates on the story are coming today, and you'll really like this one as will @permanentrose !
    @permanentrose

Things for Jenny and Rohan are going to go downhill super fast at this point. He's not ready to accept responsibilities, or move forward, but Jenny has been for some time. Morgan is a good friend, but she's the messenger of all of this, and Jenny will need some space just for a little while.
    edited April 2021
    April 6th

Meeting the Neighbors

04-08-21_9-57-59_PM.png?width=721&height=577

After what Morgan had said the day before, Jenny wasn’t in the mood to talk to anyone. Not Morgan, not Megumi, and certainly not Rohan. She felt as though he’d ripped out her heart and stomped on it by treating her like that. She didn’t want to see him at all.

So, instead, she’d gone for a walk outside, trying to think what to do. She still felt sick from the thought of him lying to her like that. Was there a reason he didn’t want to move in? If he’d just told her, that would have been one thing, but with the rose-coloured glasses firmly snapped by Morgan’s home truths, she could see that he’d just been trying to arrange everything to his convenience. If he’d convinced her to return to Mt. Komorebi, she would have been warming his bed while he still had all his home comforts provided. He’d been trying to do that for his own convenience, under the guise of helping her.

The fact that he had deceived her so easily angered and shook her, and her stomach churned more as she kept wandering around the neighbourhood, until she found a bench. She almost wanted to sit down on it and burst into tears.

04-08-21_9-50-24_PM.png?width=721&height=577

“Hey!” Someone was calling out. “Hey, um, are you alright?"

She turned to see a pretty young woman with fluffy hair and a concerned look on her face. Jenny wanted to say that she was fine, but swallowed her pride and walked up to the other girl. She was stood outside of a decently sized house.

"Is this your place?" she asked, trying to keep a steady voice. The woman made a small gesture with her hand.

"Sort of. I share it." She looked at Jenny. "No, I saw you coming down the path, and you don't look so well."

Jenny didn't know whether she should overshare or just deal with it, so she decided to come partially clean.

"I'm not feeling too well, honestly. I feel a bit...sick."

04-08-21_9-52-33_PM.png?width=721&height=577

"Oh!" The other girl glanced back at her house. "Well, hang on a minute, let me fetch Ruby, and we'll go inside. I bet you could use a drink."

The idea of this girl letting a stranger in surprised Jenny, but she got a grin.

"Don't worry. The sun's so high today there's no way you're a vampire, right? I mean, sun immunity can be a thing, but it's pretty rare, and you look like a regular girl to me." She winked, before calling out to someone.

04-08-21_9-54-21_PM.png?width=721&height=577

"Ruby! We're going in, honey!"

A little girl, who Jenny must not have noticed, rushed forward, calling back.

"Juice!"

04-08-21_9-53-06_PM.png?width=721&height=577

"Yeah, your mommy will give you juice when we go inside." The woman smiled at Jenny. "Kids, you know? Adorable little monsters." She herded the little girl inside, where another woman was waiting for them.

"Jules, I brought a stray back," the woman announced, with a grin.

"Essa!" Jules looked up, wary, only to see Jenny. "Oh, um...you don't look so good. Do you need a drink?"

"I'm on it." Essa waved a hand. "What was your name, though? I didn't catch it."

Jenny looked between them. "Oh, I'm...um, your new neighbor, actually. My name's Jenny." She felt a little awkward with the attention on her, but Essa led her into the kitchen.

"Jules is Ruby's mom," she said, by way of explanation as she got Jenny a glass of water. Behind them, in the living room, Ruby was climbing up onto the sofa to sit next to her mother, babbling at top speed while her mother nodded and commented, apparently understanding it all.

04-08-21_9-58-16_PM.png?width=721&height=577

"Ruby is absolutely adorable," Jenny said, smiling. Essa rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, she gets away with murder. When they're that cute, it's so hard to tell them no. But, hey, can I ask what you were doing out in this heat if you aren't feeling well?"

04-08-21_9-57-29_PM.png?width=721&height=577

Jenny flushed, and sipped at her water. "I....had a case of boyfriend-itis." She looked down. "I mean, I haven't talked to him yet, but I found out that he's been hiding something from me, and it was just....kind of too much." She sniffled. "I mean, it's just made me feel sick, and I know he's going to come visit me at some point, but I'm just so angry. And, I just went for a walk?"

"Oh..." Essa sounded sympathetic. "I mean, you should totally wear a sunhat next time, but I get it. People can be the worst, sometimes. So your body reacted like that?"

"Yeah!" Jenny sighed, gustily. "I mean, I don't usually get this angry with him, but it was like...my anger's all over the place. I really just want to smack him, you know? And just a couple of days ago, he was here and we were having the best time, and it's all ruined, now."

"I get it. Break ups suck." Essa frowned. "But...it actually made you sick?"

"Yeah. I felt like throwing up when I woke up and remembered everything this morning." Jenny flushed again. "I'm sorry, that's way too much information."

"Don't worry about it. There's worse ways to get to know the new neighbors. I mean, when we moved in there was Grace and Tomas, and then the Charms - they live in that really big house across the way - but there wasn't anyone living in the Lodge for ages. Or...what's the name of your house actually? Something Watch, right? But we got to know the Charms because Minerva's a tutor of mine. But Grace and Tomas met us when I had a cooking accident. It was so embarrassing. I was making some grilled cheese when Jules had her pregnancy cravings, and I really messed up! And they thought we'd set the house on fire, and I had to explain." Essa laughed, clearly remembering it in detail. "But they're good, too."

"I've actually met Grace already. She...seems fun."

"Oh, she is. Wicked sense of humour." Essa shook her head. "Anyway, how are you feeling."

Jenny rubbed her eyes. "A bit...tired, actually. I think I'll probably head home." She stood up slowly.

04-08-21_9-57-50_PM.png?width=721&height=577

Essa nodded, slowly. "Yeah, but be careful on your way back, okay?" She seemed to be weighing something up. "You can come round at any time, okay? It'll be fine for you to do so. I'm sure Jules would be fine with it, and you seem decent."

"I'll be careful, I promise."

"Good. And don't let that guy get you down, Jenny. You seem like a good person."

04-08-21_9-58-31_PM.png?width=721&height=577

The unexpected niceness of the statement made Jenny feel a little weepy, but she nodded. "I'll try."

edited April 2021
    Update 98 - End of Term

aLhQbpl.png

Notes:
    Kind of a dull update, to be honest, but I'm just enjoying playing the day to day uni stuff since I've never properly played this pack before. I also have some storytelling coming up in my next few updates, so it's been kind of nice just to do some laid back playing for now and watch Jules and your sims and see what they all do :)

Jules donned her most professional outfit that morning, since she would be giving her presentation after class and she wanted to look her best.
    6GLqkmo.png

I didn't get a pop up about how her presentation went, but I'm assuming it went well? While she was presenting, I saw River riding around campus, looking sharp in his pink helmet :)
    Niqspke.png

I sent her over to the Foxbury Commons to study for her finals tomorrow, since the commons are really just so much better there.
    uS1IDsL.png

I spotted Bryon doing his homework on the bottom level.
    KmJKvFS.png

And since Jules still had a bit of homework to complete for tomorrow, I had her sit next to him to do it.
    iJpFdWj.png

He took a brief break, and gave her a weird look. Why is this random girl sitting so close to me? :D
    6PpDoFr.png

Then he went back to doing more homework, just as Jules finished hers. She's like, Well, that was awkward...
    XD3G1Yi.png

She headed back home, just in time to give Ruby a snuggle and put her to bed.
    2O0xo1Z.png
    7ygsZVF.png

I thought sims were supposed to be able to read to a toddler while sitting on their bed, but my CC bed must have a glitch or something, so I just scooted the stool up by it instead.
    HlIrDpg.png

And even after Ruby fell asleep, Jules stayed in her room, squeezing in some last minute studying but also wanting to spend these precious moments with her daughter.
    OiXhVNA.png

And then in the morning, it was off to campus for finals. I always liked to take my finals in comfy clothes, so I sent Jules in her sweats. She was nervous, which is why she looks so upset.
    dgdnbAA.jpg

And it looks like your sims were off to their finals as well!
    vjzeoRB.png
    m0EqPdG.png
    I9DXmVZ.png

She survived her first two finals and decided to get some sustenance from the dining hall, which I haven't had her use yet. It's a staple college experience though!
    1em7cQv.png

Then some more cramming - after her afternoon final, she's done with the term!
    CYGe1Gt.png

She grabbed a coffee before heading over to take her last final, and then she was free! She noticed an event happening on the quad area. Looks like a fun time :D
    4SGk9Lj.png

She decided to reward her hard work with a drink. You deserve it, girl :)
    4UHNLa1.png

Then a game of pong with Adrian Horn.
    rUCBkgb.png

Jules was horrendous :D
    ZiLfTlU.png
    VkBeY3m.png
    Wnk5FJv.png

And then it was time to go back home to put Ruby to bed and get ready for Brittany's end of term party....

---
    A few extra things:

Jules' final grades!!
    4zl2g5m.png

And I downloaded a house from the gallery for your sims since they were just living in the pre-made Pleasant home.
    Thought your sims deserved something a little fancier. It's a three bedroom so I used some bunk beds and put River and Bryon in one room, Roxanne, Essa, and Melody in another, and Sakura, Astrid and Jenny in the last one. I just took a screenshot of the outside for now, but if Jules ever befriends one of your sims, maybe we'll get to visit the inside haha.
    Q8oCJus.jpg
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    @permanentrose

Look at that report card! Jules is absolutely KILLING it. I'm so happy to see Ruby, too, she's always so adorable! Plus, that house from the gallery is so fancy.

April 7th

Reality

04-08-21_10-07-15_PM.png?width=721&height=577

After several mornings in a row of waking up and feeling sick, Jenny was starting to get a very bad feeling in her stomach, and it wasn't just from the nausea. How could this have happened?

Well, for one, she wanted to discount that this could be possible, but as she went back over the last couple of days, counting out ‘symptoms’, it wasn’t looking good.

“Feeling sick. Crying. Angry. Tired.” She bit her lip. “No way. No freaking way.”

04-08-21_10-04-50_PM.png?width=721&height=577

It was the worst possible time for this to happen, if it were true. Here she was, on the brink of breaking up with Rohan, and possibly pregnant? They’d been...okay, not one hundred percent careful always, but careful enough, right? Oh, God, would she have to call her mother? Would she have to tell him while they were breaking up? Would she have to stay with him?

She tried to tell herself that it wasn’t worth panicking until she’d done a test, so she ordered three online and waited for it to arrive nervously, all the while wracked with guilt for being so stupid.

A few days later, her fears were confirmed. Three different tests were cheerfully telling her that she had better get a wriggle on and prepare a nursery, because she was as pregnant as you could be. She was, according to the fancy test, a few weeks along.

04-08-21_10-03-43_PM.png?width=721&height=577

What a great story to tell this baby that would be.

Hey, me and your father were splitting up because he can’t handle responsibility and then you came along!

She wanted to cry, and it was only some sort of miracle that was preventing her. Pregnant. She’d just started her new job, and while there were some light jobs she could do there, she knew that with some jobs there was a risk of getting fired if they knew. Why had she just assumed she was filling out?

She tried to imagine Rohan reacting well to this, but she couldn’t see it. Whenever she’d brought up children, he’d always said someday or, even worse, if we were married, yeah! It was always brushed away, and they’d never even discussed it, while Jenny had known for years that she wanted kids, and a home filled with love, and someone to share that with. If she told him now, she’d have to confront him at the same time.

But she also knew she wanted this baby. She wanted this baby so very much, and she wanted to believe she could get through this without Rohan. Something broke, and she texted Morgan.

SOS. Need you.

It took no time at all for Morgan to arrive. She came in, looking a little fearful.

04-09-21_11-53-08_AM.png?width=721&height=577

“Hey, Jenny, what’s--”

“Pregnant.” Jenny looked at her, almost boldly. “I’m pregnant.”

“Oh. Oh, my god.” Morgan’s eyes went wide. “You’re pregnant? How?”

“The usual way!” Jenny practically wailed. “And, and I just made up my mind that we have to break up, and then I realised I was vomiting every morning, and I took a bunch of tests, and I just...I’m pregnant, Morg!”

Her friend wrapped her in a tight hug, and shushed her gently.

04-09-21_11-49-30_AM.png?width=721&height=577

"Jenny...Jenny, it's okay." She held her close. "It's okay. You're okay."

Jenny sniffled as she came out of the hug. "I'm not okay, Morgan. I'm really not okay. I mean, I don't know, shouldn't this make me want to stay with him?"

"So...you don't?" Morgan asked, gently.

Jenny found herself shaking her head. "He's not ready to move in. He's not even ready to have the conversation about it where he tells me he isn't ready! I had to find out in the worst way possible after other people found out he wasn't ready, and it sucked."

"I'm sorry, Jenny. I really am."

"No, Morgan, it...It wasn't your fault." Jenny tried not to cry. "Oh my god, Morgan, I'm going to have a baby. A real baby."

"I mean, I should hope so." Morgan smiled tentatively at her. "It'd be a bit weird if you gave birth to a bunch of tadpoles or something."

04-09-21_11-52-42_AM.png?width=721&height=577

"Well, I certainly kissed a frog." Jenny felt all the fight leaving her. "Morgan, when did he get like this?"

"He's always been like this, Jenny. It just...wasn't wrong when you guys were teenagers, you know? It's just...you've moved on and he hasn't." Morgan sighed. "I know it's tough to hear, but it's always been hard watching him act like you'll always be okay with everything he does, and watching you pretend you are."

"I'm not." Jenny shook her head. "Not anymore. Even if he steps up for this baby, I don't think we're going to be...you know." She sighed again. "Morgan, I love him, but...I don't think we can get past this."

"You're pregnant." Morgan shook her head in wonder. "Can we go back to that?"

"I mean...God, I don't even know if I can do this alone." Jenny looked down at her stomach, feeling a weird protective urge. "I've got to try my best, though. But I really thought I'd never be alone again once we were dating--"

"Okay, one, you should never put your eggs in one basket like that, and two, Siobhan and Charles are doing my head in. I don't really want to intrude on your space if it's not what you want, but if you need support, you're looking at it." Morgan opened her arms. "Jenny, you're going to have a baby. A baby."

04-09-21_11-54-55_AM.png?width=721&height=577

"Oh, God, please move in." Jenny almost cried with laughter. "Morgan, I'm having a baby and I feel like I'm losing my marbles. If you moved in, I would be the happiest person on earth. I mean, obviously other people do this alone--"

"You don't have to. Megumi's going to be over the moon. I mean, she's going to castrate him but she's going to be so happy." Morgan hugged her tighter.

A baby. So this was really happening.

04-09-21_11-55-02_AM.png?width=721&height=577

Jenny didn't know how this would go, but she knew two things. One, she would love this baby with all her heart, and two...Rohan and she had come to an end. She just needed to let him know.
    April 9
    vELyoCm.png
    On Friday Roxanne only had one class to attend and the soccer game. They won! She just drank a potion after and went to the library to get the rest of the homework done. Thank you Copypasto! Her term papers had been upgraded to outstanding so she sent them in. She still had the presentation to give and her finals next week but there was time! No clue what types of grades she'll get, I've never had a sim take more than 2 classes at a time. I am having her take notes while in class so fingers crossed she'll do well! Her skills are really good but I'm trying to have her study for each course also in addition to her course load.
    ukr8HbG.png
    fDT0giH.png
    Anyway I'll read and respond to your posts soon :).
    egTcBMc.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top