Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's on your bucket list?

Charla97Charla97 Posts: 66 Member
I never thought much about bucket lists but at the end of last year I was diagnosed with terminal cancer so now I'm working hard on a bucket list.

Do you have one? If so what's on yours?

Mine is only short at the moment.

1) Adopt a cat (done)
2) Learn to draw/sketch
3) Go to Adele live concert
4) Go to Paris
5) Learn to sing
6) Start a journal
7) learn to drive
8) Read all my books (I own about 350 books)
9) Learn to dance
10) Raise money for cancer awareness (done, raised £689)

Any suggestions for my list are welcome:)

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'm so sorry to hear this. Keep strong!

Now that you mention... i don't have a bucket list... maybe is time to start working on one :)
    Well, i know i want to cross usa from NY to San Diego :)
  • olivetree000olivetree000 Posts: 18 Member
    I have a lot of dreams, but the main is to live in Palma de Mallorca. I have been there 3 times and I can say that it is ideal not only to relax there, but also to work. There is a very pleasant climate, warm and sunny almost all year round. I can hardly stand the cold, which is why it is ideal for me. There is also very beautiful nature and, what is important, developed infrastructure. Plus favorable conditions for doing business, inexpensive real estate (houses from 100 thousand euros) and quality healthcare services. All this makes this city one of the best for living in Europe for people with different incomes.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    You can bet @olivetree000 i want to spend my retirement years in this island! It's the only place i can swim without freezing :) quality of life, no doubt!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    watch all of your favorite tv show
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    eat what ever you want
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Charla97Charla97 Posts: 66 Member
    Thank you for all the suggestions they are all great ones. I've been trying to eat more but eating causes severe sickness which sucks so I don't eat a lot now. Watching all my fave TV shows is something I started yesterday! :) I have lots to get through.

@olivetree000 I love your dream. It sounds a very beautiful place. I hope you get to spend your life there :)
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    @Charla97 I wish you peace and happiness through this difficult time. <3

There are some great ideas on your bucket list. Is there anything in particular that you wanted to learn how to draw? (styles, characters, etc) Also congratulations on number 10!

On my bucket list are visiting Japan and to finish writing/publish a book.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    If I was terminally ill I would make a film of myself and post it on youtube so family members have something to remember me by.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited April 2021
    81TSWIGSH8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    300mm f/2.8

318M1sUtweL._AC_SX425_.jpg
    600mm f/4

71xV1QcTppL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    105mm f/2.8 Micro-Nikkor (this one I'm getting in 10 weeks time)

As a photographer, I'd be looking at these and getting them as a chance to go knock some of the subjects off my bucket list that I've been wanting to do for ages.

Namely: Snowy Owls...and a better chance at shooting bald eagles (never satisfied with the last (best) shot... always striving for better)
    02-26-2015_SingingEagle_wm.jpg
    ©2013 FalconRose Photography, photographer Haruo Chikamori (aka Nikkei_Simmer)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I can't imagine what you must be going through, Charla97.

I hope the Sims community and games offer you comfort and support.

How about add, go get yourself a full spa day booked, and have one of everything.

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • elinnnstarelinnnstar Posts: 36 Member
    I only have one thing on my bucket list. And that is to try as many different things I can.
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    edited September 2021
    Charla97 wrote: »
    I never thought much about bucket lists but at the end of last year I was diagnosed with terminal cancer so now I'm working hard on a bucket list.

Any suggestions for my list are welcome:)

Diagnosed 3yrs ago with a couple close calls. On chemo most of the time. My chemo nurse gave me good advice for my appetite. One tip, she said was add sour cream to potatoes. I hated sour cream, but it was so good that it became a temporary craving. Even made weight that week. My oncologist gave me several nausea meds & my aunt taught me to use lemon which worked like a charm. On bad days, I have a lemon by my bedside.

My advice is to embrace all of your favorites: colors, smells, fabrics. Better bedding & new room decor helped me rest & wake up better. Play your favorite music, movies, shows. Pick the book you're most excited to read outta that 350. My bucket list is renamed to how I live now. But it does change regularly.

WHY NOT
    -Game all day w/o guilt (Sims, Stardew, Cities Skylines...)
    -Declutter
    -Let son get a dog
    -Volunteer
    -Start a business
    -Take a dance class: Latin or Ballroom
    -Take a cooking class
    -Finish every book I own (only about 100)
    -Spend quality time with close family
    -Take longer walks
    -Be a tourist in my own city
    -Go Fishing
    -Take a Cruise
    -Start a business