Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Open World coming to The Sims 4?

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
Sims 4 is categorized as an open world game, do you think the next update might bring open worlds? (Like in Sims 3, no loading screens between houses)

EyTS4rTWUAA1VpH?format=jpg&name=medium
What do you think?
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Nah, it's just a twitch tag. Probably because the sims3 is open world the sims4 got the same tag.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited April 2021
    The neighborhood is an "open world" like Dragon Age Inquisition.

Do not confuse it with a seamless open world like Cyberpunk 2077.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    The neighborhood is an "open world" like Dragon Age Inquisition.

Do not confuse it with a seamless open world like Cyberpunk 2077.

That’s like calling Spyro open world. They are more like game levels since you have to reload the entire thing just by going next door and everything that’s going on is more or less scripted to happen in that particular zone.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    The neighborhood is an open world, I would much rather see more depth in the game and a color wheel...... and I don’t want to see more rabbit holes.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    edited April 2021
    i don't think it means anything and id rather keep it how it is actually

i do kind of feel they could make some neighborhoods so you could visit couple lots at same time

but after thinking about it... I make rather detailed lots that already make my (rather decent) computer work its butt off and i don't think adding neighbors lots to that be good idea so in the end it would just end up eating up performance and hence limiting what I can build before game gets laggity lag

and for well, personally very small returns..

actually it could probably even kinda mess stuff up for me cause i play sort of rotationally

id rather have other types of world improvements like open water in old worlds or world edit/creating related thingies

if i need my sims visiting 2 venues at once i'll just place those on same lot
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    i don't think it means anything but id rather keep it how it is actually

i do kind of feel they could make some neighborhoods so you could enter lots without much loading so like visiting neighbors be easier

but after thinking about it... I make rather detailed lots that already make my computer work its butt off and i don't think adding neighbors lots to that be good idea so in the end it would just end up eating up performance and hence limiting what I can build

and for well, personally very small returns.. cause literally only thing id want is to visit say restaurant and spa that are next to each other at the same time but really i could just put them on same lot if it bother me

If it's easy for your sim to visit his neighbours, it is easy for your neighbours to visit your sim too. They'll be eating your sim's food and using his computer and clogging his toilet every day.
  • xMyrthexMyrthe Posts: 56 Member
    Honestly in a certain way TS4 is more open world than TS3. I like being able to travel to any world instead of being confined to the one your house is in. I still don't really mind the loading screens because it's really just a few seconds, and otherwise I probably wouldn't have been able to play the game.
    But I do miss some things from TS3, driving around town was just awesome and being able to go literally anywhere. Oh well.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    edited April 2021
    If it's easy for your sim to visit his neighbours, it is easy for your neighbours to visit your sim too. They'll be eating your sim's food and using his computer and clogging his toilet every day.

yeah i just mean more in way of like... idk

i guess kinda how in sims medieval you can basically have sims in different lots and easily control simultaneously

its not major problem though i can very much live without

+ again its problem easily solved by building few houses on same lot and locking some doors and just having couple families live on same lot and control em all
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free