Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations EP - What we know so far!

OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
I know there's a couple threads already talking about a Generations EP, but I wanted to make a compiled list of everything we know so far about the pack, and why I think it will be released this year!

Important note: The purpose of this thread is not to discuss upcoming game packs, other potential packs or whether the next pack will be a game pack or an expansion, but to specifically discuss the possibility of Generations coming as an expansion this year! If you want to discuss game packs or the order packs will be released check out this thread and this thread :)

Developer Hints:

Last August, SimGuruNinja tweeted about Generations, saying that Parenthood wasn't intended to be the "Generations of the Sims 4". He also said that the packs are totally different sizes, with Generations being an EP and Parenthood being a GP. This pretty much confirms that they think of Generations as an EP and if they were adding a Generations pack - it wouldn't be a game pack.
“Two totally different packs and totally different sizes (one is an EP; the other is a GP). Parenthood isn’t meant to be generations; it’s meant to make kids and the teens age more meaningful leading into adulthood. (Don’t mind me nerding out – it’s my favorite game pack).”

He also said to "Rule nothing out" in regards to the pack
“Rule nothing out! (it could be fun, right?)”

A few days ago in the livestream for Bunk Beds, the devs also specifically mentioned Generations and Cars by name, saying that they're "highly requested features" which are always at the top of their mind, and that they'll update when there's more to say.
"We’ve seen a lot of questions from you guys about specific pack themes and features such as Generations Packs and Cars and here’s what we want you to know. We love your ideas, first of all, and I personally really enjoy having those things in my game too. What we can say is that these suggested packs and highly, highly requested features are always at the top of our mind. Especially when we think about what we want to do next. As soon as these things become more real we’ll update you right here at Inside Maxis."

The fact that they said they'll update when things "become more real" confirms that they're in the works, and I'm guessing they wouldn't say something so concrete in very early development so that suggests they've been working on the pack for a while! Just after they also talked about "Foundational Technology" that takes time to add - possibly bunk beds, a feature that's taken them years to slowly add and is essential to family gameplay?

Recent Update:

In the recent update they added a ton of things relating to families including marriage portraits, kids/teens pictures and bunk beds which is what Generations is all about. I checked the description of the updated paintings and found this in one of them:

generations.png

Most crucially they added bunk beds - a feature which was originally added to the game with the Sims 3 Generations. Obviously there's a chance bunk beds could have nothing to do with a pack, or could be connected to a totally different pack but for this thread I want to focus on how it could be linked to Generations specifically. Bunk Beds are an essential for family play, with their primary use being kids rooms in family homes, they originally were added with Generations so I think it's very likely that they could be linked - similar to how last year Eco Lifestyle came a few months after Tiny Living, and how Parenthood came a few months after the toddlers update.

Game Changers Hints?

Recently numerous game changers have made videos talking about generations and what they want the pack to add. Game changers have been involved in a lot of other packs recently so it's possible they were involved in the ideas building process for the pack, and the videos they made on the pack were a way of building up excitement for the pack. (point inspired by KokoaMilk's post)

In terms of release I think the pack will definitely come this year - recently EPs have come in both June and November, so I'm guessing Generations will come in one of those months! :)
Post edited by Onverser on

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I want to to add the hint about the toddler riding a tricycle as well as the baby playing with a dog when the grandmother was thinking at the end of nifty knitting. That's a big CLEAR indicator for me🤭🤭 seems generationy. Honestly in the livestream though they made it sound like it could be a while before it comes but maybe it was just the way they were trying to talk around it lol.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I also think Generations is coming this year.
  • masatsimmasatsim Posts: 22 Member
    Besides the "Art in a box" description I've noticed the next hints:

1. There's a decoration in Nifty Knitting pack and in the description it also mentions Generations, and the name descriptions references to Agnes Crumplebottom.
    2. The palm tree of paranormal Stuff Pack also mentions generations in the description
    3. There's the Granny Cozy Casserole Dish in Country Kitchen that again mentions Generations in the description.
    4. The G7 Swivel Swank by Gruntel Inc. Vacuum cleaner hints at divorce
    5. The Pancakes at Dawn Stove tells us the story of two families that have rivalries between them
    6. Finally, there was a hint where they said in the Snowy Scape Gameplay trailer: -for Generations to come.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    People don't actually want Generations. They want the things that came in Generations, That is very different, especially since we get them in bits and pieces.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    People don't actually want Generations. They want the things that came in Generations, That is very different, especially since we get them in bits and pieces.

I feel like most people want generations rather than 15 packs with the content of generations
  • simsiefansimsiefan Posts: 11 New Member
    Can somebody who has a creative mind waaay better than mine explain what exactly you want and how you think that would work. I like the idea of generations, but I don’t really know what would be included other than.... BETTER BABIES
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    simsiefan wrote: »
    Can somebody who has a creative mind waaay better than mine explain what exactly you want and how you think that would work. I like the idea of generations, but I don’t really know what would be included other than.... BETTER BABIES

Hopefully in my opinion I hope generations have something for every life stage and also more family game play like have your family sit at a table and play card or board games. I want strollers back for baby and toddlers, kids and play ms. Mary mack and tag like in previous games, add preteen life stage and their crazy shenanigans, teens can sneak out like in Sims 2 with a chance of getting caught. Elders have canes and walkers, more wedding attire and venues and gameplay because that's severely lacking also more proposal options like surprise proposal in Sims 2 and destinations I would also like people to react with proposal If people are around and react to the wedding ceremony. I would like anniversary party and a retirement party also a family reunion. Have wills and we as players pick who gets what.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »

I feel like most people want generations rather than 15 packs with the content of generations

Based on what I'm seeing, most people want a pack that's labeled or marketed as "Sims 4 Generations" that's actually a pack focusing on improving babies, kids, and teens, with maybe a couple of things thrown in for parents and steriotypical grandparents.

Which is why I'd rather have a School Daze for Sims 4 Expansion pack and a Retirement Adventures for Sims 4 Game pack so that everything can at least have a chance of getting real focus. Improved Babies are a Base Game Patch and they get a Nursery Stuff Pack - not a kit, a Stuff Pack. Developed by SimGuruConor. And then we can have a Generations Bundle in the store. :wink:
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member

-Imaginary Friend Lifestate (only lifestate that has content focused around kids and toddlers- all the others don't really kick in until teen)
    - Better family tree (shows step parents, cousins, etc)
    - More interactions between family members and more dynamic relationships
    - More content for life stages: Events like Prom, summer camp, homeschooling, preschool, midlife crisis, bingo halls, scrapbooking, etc.
    - More careers
    - More traits
    - More childhood aspirations
    - More clubs and extra curriculars
    - More family items: Tree houses, costume box, rocking horses, Canes & walkers, cars, etc.

Things we haven't had before but could be cool
    - Active boarding schools
    - Retirement communities with activities and what not (similar to how university and dorms work)
    - God parents (if adult sims die, assigned God parent steps in to manage household instead of just loosing your whole game)
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

welcome to the forums here watch this @simsiefan
    LGR - The Sims 3 Generations Review
    https://youtu.be/3Awwne_NpJQ
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • simsiefansimsiefan Posts: 11 New Member
    @comicsforlife I understand what was included in ts3. I wanna know how that works In ts4. Also does anyone have any ideas for stuff that wasn’t in ts3?
    of course they do anniversary would be nice I think and I'm sure lots of things would be dffrent in sims 4 Generations
    do you have anything you would like to see @simsiefan
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited April 2021
    What I would want from a generations pack personally,

CAS
    • Added babies (Onesies, hats, socks, bows, sleepers, rompers, dresses, hair, and different personalities)
    • Likes/dislikes
    • turn on/offs
    • picking our sims interests
    • updated family relations (boy/girlfriends, fiance, aunt/uncle, cousins)
    • Added trits/aspirations (especially for kids and teens they need their own like toddlers)

Game Play
    • Wants/fears (based on the sims traits and interests)
    • Bachelor/bachelorette parties
    • memories
    • Slumber parties
    • funerals
    • Baby showers
    • graduation from high school
    • field trips
    • prom
    • family reunions
    • kid games (tag, hide and seek, mary mac, cops and robbers, pillow fights)
    • Bikes/tricycles
    • trampolines
    • treehouse
    • playground equipment (slides, jungle gym, teeter-totters, mary go round)
    • Skateboards / scooters
    • egging houses/TP-ing neighbors
    • teens sneaking out at night
    • Family members can come over and watch kids (like grandparents)
    • Kids and toddlers can have tea parties
    • Elders can plan for retirement and leave a will.
    • Adults can suffer a mid-life crisis
    • Gameplay for babies (if updated: can learn to crawl, walk around furniture, will have objects like swings, playpens, playmats, bouncer)
    • Reading kids to sleep
    • Slow dance with a partner
    • Cuddle/ make out on the bed
    • Adults can dance with kids and toddlers
    • Playing catch
    • Taking family pictures
    • After a certain age elders can decide to live with family or a nursing home
    • Celebrating golden anniversary

I know not all of this may be possible but this is what I think of in terms of gameplay with a generation's type pack.

Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
    I want all those things to
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    What I would want from a generations pack personally,

CAS
    • Added babies (Onesies, hats, socks, bows, sleepers, rompers, dresses, hair, and different personalities)
    • Likes/dislikes
    • turn on/offs
    • picking our sims interests
    • updated family relations (boy/girlfriends, fiance, aunt/uncle, cousins)
    • Added trits/aspirations (especially for kids and teens they need their own like toddlers)

Game Play
    • Wants/fears (based on the sims traits and interests)
    • Bachelor/bachelorette parties
    • memories
    • Slumber parties
    • funerals
    • Baby showers
    • graduation from high school
    • field trips
    • prom
    • family reunions
    • kid games (tag, hide and seek, mary mac, cops and robbers, pillow fights)
    • Bikes/tricycles
    • trampolines
    • treehouse
    • playground equipment (slides, jungle gym, teeter-totters, mary go round)
    • Skateboards / scooters
    • egging houses/TP-ing neighbors
    • teens sneaking out at night
    • Family members can come over and watch kids (like grandparents)
    • Kids and toddlers can have tea parties
    • Elders can plan for retirement and leave a will.
    • Adults can suffer a mid-life crisis
    • Gameplay for babies (if updated: can learn to crawl, walk around furniture, will have objects like swings, playpens, playmats, bouncer)
    • Reading kids to sleep
    • Slow dance with a partner
    • Cuddle/ make out on the bed
    • Adults can dance with kids and toddlers
    • Playing catch
    • Taking family pictures
    • After a certain age elders can decide to live with family or a nursing home
    • Celebrating golden anniversary

I know not all of this may be possible but this is what I think of in terms of gameplay with a generation's type pack.

This. I want all of it. I doubt we'll get even half of it. I hope they change course with Generations.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited April 2021
    Guys, at this point I am starving for Generations with the kind of gameplay mentioned above and, most of all: BETTER BABIES. I wouldn't mind an active school GP in the beginning of May with bands and lots of gameplay for kids and teens, followed by a Generations EP in late June with a baby update and lots of family gameplay. EA, I really need this right now. My family gameplay is shallow. My family can't really do things TOGETHER, my kids cannot really play with a bunch of other kids TOGETHER. Sims do stuff with one other Sim or they do it sitting next to each other. They can't even talk while relaxing on the beach, really EA?!

I need more family group interactions and gameplay kids can do with lots of other kids together, building relationships doing stuff, having fun in a group.
  • SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited April 2021
    Hopefully a Generations EP would help them with some of the basic things they missed. I want better family relationships. In-laws and stepparents for starters. Stepparents "exist," but they are more or less just roommates who can potentially romance their stepkids when they become young adults, which is disgusting.

They also need to let family members sleep over without it being a big thing. My sim went to her parents' house and asked to sleep over, which was fine. Her toddler went to bed and she got scolded for acting inappropriate. I hate how family gets treated like strangers if you're not in the same household and that you have to ask permission to sleep or shower, even if you have a high relationship with your family members. And this gets especially annoying when it comes to toddlers who can't ask those things.
  • GoseGose Posts: 40 Member
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I'm hoping for inheritance. I would love if the kids could move out without loosing their parents money when they die.
    Sign.jpg
    I build things.
    Gallery ID: skustadmoe
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I also like this idea of like if a teen gets a job they can keep a separate account instead of sharing with the household funds.