Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's sad to what degree this CC pack puts TS4 SPs / objects to shame

SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
edited April 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I know I know: "modders don't have to follow the same rules / keep their stuff updated / cater to so many demands / yada yada yada"

But seriously, look at this video and tell me that this is not what we all expected and wanted the toddler SP to be.

Please sims team, stop giving us gigantic objects to interact with :( I really would like my kids to learn robotics on a much smaller robotics station (for kids/teens), I want tiny toddler things (little instruments, stuff that is in this CC pack, a little toddler kitchen, water thingy, etc), a small telescope, a small crystal ball sims can put on any table (not necessarily a séance one), the ability to make spellcaster potions on any regular-sized stove ...

This feedback has been given so many times, and I feel like it's just being ignored for the most part. But when I see things like this, the little toddler animation... then I can't help but think that yes, it is possible, it just takes a bit more work than recoloring the same old activity table 20 times over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuGS2ge7irQ&ab_channel=Plumbella

Comments

• BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I agree with you, this was the first time I've ever paid anyone on patreon or used CC but I could not give them my money fast enough when I realized they had trampolines, tiny kitchens and rocking horses! It's been an eyeopener and now I have the tiny twavellers pack as well. I dont' mind paying CC creators if EA doesn't want to include kids stuff, I'd have thought though it would have been a loophole they'd want to exploit.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    I agree with you, this was the first time I've ever paid anyone on patreon or used CC but I could not give them my money fast enough when I realized they had trampolines, tiny kitchens and rocking horses! It's been an eyeopener and now I have the tiny twavellers pack as well. I dont' mind paying CC creators if EA doesn't want to include kids stuff, I'd have thought though it would have been a loophole they'd want to exploit.

Same here! And the items are super gorgeous and functional.

@LittleFox2 the animations are honestly really good for the fact that it's modded, and that these things are made by one person. Imagine what EA's gigantic team of people could have pulled off if they'd put this in the toddler SP :joy:
  • SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    LittleFox2 wrote: »
    I disagree because the animation isn't tight enough to put what EA will do when they get around to adding more toddler and kids stuff. I don't feel it is a matter of them not wanting to include more kids stuff--more of a timing and priorities issues. There are a lot of different wants out there from those who do play the game.

Yet, now that we have kits, getting more things for toddlers and kids is only a matter of time. :)

Kits are just another way to squeeze money out of people for stuff that could be included in another pack. $5 for a few vacuums and dust bunnies? Ridiculous.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I disagree because the animation isn't tight enough to put what EA will do when they get around to adding more toddler and kids stuff.
    It clashes with EA's animation because this stuff doesn't consist entirely out of recycled animation lol
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    I disagree because the animation isn't tight enough to put what EA will do when they get around to adding more toddler and kids stuff. I don't feel it is a matter of them not wanting to include more kids stuff--more of a timing and priorities issues. There are a lot of different wants out there from those who do play the game.

Yet, now that we have kits, getting more things for toddlers and kids is only a matter of time. :)

Except EA did get around that with the Toddler Stuff Pack and we got the giant playground thing with teleporting toddlers and some FX, the 2D ball pit which had to be re-modeled to not be flat and the slide.

Obviously the quality of modder's animations aren't on par with the ones from the game though. Hopefully if they do a Generations pack we get to have more objects for toddlers.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

See that’s why I stay away from downloading new CC objects for the most part. It seems to be glitchy or buggy or Sims walk straight through them / teleport, etc. It’s just not a crisp finished product in my opinion so I don’t want them in my game.

These creators do come up with some nice looking objects though so hopefully EA integrates their ideas. And I agree, I’m looking forward to more themed Kit releases.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I disagree because the animation isn't tight enough ...

Have you seen the quality of animations in their stuff packs? The laundry day ones are SO choppy compared to the rest of the game's animations, for instance. Seriously, watch your Sim take out or put in laundry into the machines. If you're on normal speed, and look close, it's so poorly animated.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I disagree because the animation isn't tight enough ...

Have you seen the quality of animations in their stuff packs? The laundry day ones are SO choppy compared to the rest of the game's animations, for instance. Seriously, watch your Sim take out or put in laundry into the machines. If you're on normal speed, and look close, it's so poorly animated.

Tis true....I wish they fixed that...the animation has been bugged for a while too...the laundry bag gets all freaky.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited April 2021
    These are the things that get me confused as to why the Sims Team isn't putting more effort, money and time into these packs. When modders, who do not by any means have the budget EA has can pull this off but EA who has made literally a billion dollars from this game is telling us they need to recycle animations cause they don't have a budget but at the same time keep bragging online about how many players own their game, is when I start to question what really happens during development and where their budget really goes into.

I feel like there's a real disconnect when you on the one hand say "Oh this game is doing great, it's never been better, we're making tons of money" but at the same time you're like "Sorry folks we had to cut out content and recycle animations again cause no budget".

Of course I can see the flaws in this fanmade pack but it's great to see someone who is just a modder and not a Sims 4 developer do such an amazing job.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I disagree because the animation isn't tight enough to put what EA will do when they get around to adding more toddler and kids stuff.
    It clashes with EA's animation because this stuff doesn't consist entirely out of recycled animation lol

I am still laughing out loud every time I read this.

No, but seriously, I understand that people think some CC/mods are a bit choppy and all, but there are so many in-game EA-developed animations that aren't perfect either, and when they break, take ages to get fixed. So why would I be holding these creators to impossibly high standards when we let EA off the hook quite a bit regarding this stuff because "it takes time to get things right".
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited April 2021
    SimChic1 wrote: »

Kits are just another way to squeeze money out of people for stuff that could be included in another pack. $5 for a few vacuums and dust bunnies? Ridiculous.

I agree the nickel and dime effect and for me kits prices are not too far off from $9.99 in which the $9.99 special you get much more and $5.00 special you get much less it just does not make economical sense. But hey if some people are willing to pay so much for so little that is their thing and not mine. But do not get me wrong as I may buy one if the price drops to $1.50 :p Just because one item the Vacuum is functional it is worth $5 :D:D NOT!
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    @bella_goth I don't come from royalty by the way. Yet, I wouldn't mind considering purchasing a pack that allowed for royalty gameplay though. I actually like the ball-pit animation when toddlers play.

‎🤦‍♀️