Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which expansion (or game) packs from the Sims 3 do you want in the Sims 4?

source.gif

Gallery ID: Shockmsd
Forum Name: TwinkiesLA

Which expansion (or game) packs from the Sims 3 do you want in the Sims 4? 38 votes

World Adventures
23%
crocobaurataydevAleia1Amapola76AngeliqueAdelaideChildrenofhurinReaganboganTARDISgradeMisterCatMe0w 9 votes
Generations
42%
Akl500PIcewolfKathy090660xXPandoraXxLustianiciaSk8rblazedavina1221KhrisstyneHarukotyanSigzy05ChadSims2AlanSimsChicklet453681EliasVersaceMak27figgy 16 votes
Supernatural
15%
papertongueannaliese39JustinTTNsimmerSERVERFRAWerescythe 6 votes
Into the Future
18%
Glimmer50xMyrthehalloweenchildAPottsEnkiSchmidtAtreya33Antwerpo 7 votes

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Into the Future
    Into the future was my favourite. It felt like a completely different game in the futuristic world and there were sci-fi alternatives for so many objects. it is the only reason why sims 3 is still installed on my pc.

I would also appreciate more supernatural but I prefer having a pack dedicated to one occult and not all of them squished into one pack. Vampires and spellcasters are the most detailed occults we have and I'd love to see more of these types of occults with perk trees.

I enjoy jungle adventure so I wouldn't mind another world adventure but I can do without it because we already have an adventure pack.

Showtime sounds like a pack I can easily pass. I barely touch get famous so the theme isn't for me.
  • AntwerpoAntwerpo Posts: 90 Member
    Into the Future
    I first wanted to vote World Adventures but they could mess that one up. You can't mess up Into the future
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Generations and World Adventures. Loved both!
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited April 2021
    Generations
    I also wanted to pick World Adventures. I feel like we have things in the generation category to some degree, but I think they could add these in an EP:.

1. Adoption agency to go to to meet children to adopt. Not really change anything we have presently, but more like adding to it.
    2. Real daycare like in the Sims3 for home and a babysitter place.
    3. Infants freed(patched in) with pram, car seat, stroller, playpen, floor mat, back sling for carrying, hat assortment, passies(round, square), outfits- onesie, bib, full outfit, dress for girls, Christening gown, tiny tux for boys, gowns, blankets,diaper ect. Hand toys- rattler, plush bear hand toy, teething ring.
    4. Many things above work with toddlers and walker, roll around ball popper, musical glow toy.
    5. Biggest reason is toys- baby doll for girls, dinosaurs, stuffed bear- small, merry-go-round, teeter totter, riders for toddlers, tricycles and peddle cars for toddlers and bikes for kids, motorized vehicle for kids, 4 wheelers, mini bikes for teens. Baby boat to lay in on water for infants and toddlers.
    6. Fiance and other titles in CAS relationship. Genealogy fixed. Likes back: color, food, music. Turn ons added for adults. Faithful and irresistible added to traits. Long hair styles for all ages of females. Body hair for men.
    7. Cane's for elders. Wills and funerals added with cemeteries added back(patch), more urns and tombstones. Granny outfits we didn't get from the knitting pack. Bingo.
    Post edited by davina1221 on
  • xMyrthexMyrthe Posts: 56 Member
    Into the Future
    Out of these four, I'll be voting Into The Future because it's the most unique and we don't have any aspect of its gameplay yet. But I enjoyed all of those mentioned above.

I feel like Supernatural won't add much to the Sims 4 because we already have a bunch of supernatural's, although split up in different packs. Vampires and Wizards are way better executed in TS4 than 3. I don't need a pack with 4 more random supernaturals.

World Adventures was pretty much my favourite pack. I really really loved it. I don't own Jungle Adventures YET but I feel like that one gets pretty close to it (and it's next on my list to get as well as Eco Living).

Generations we also have (a bit) with Parenthood. I'm not entirely sure what more they could do? But to be honest I had Generations since I started TS3 so I'm not sure how much it added and what was part of the base game. One thing I do miss was prom and prom photos, I always thought they were cute and put them up on my wall.

Honestly I just really miss horses. Training, doing competitions was always so fun!
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Generations
    Antwerpo wrote: »
    I first wanted to vote World Adventures but they could mess that one up. You can't mess up Into the future

There are A LOT of things that were basically impossible to mess up, but the Sims 4 developers still managed to find a way to do it... lol Trust me, they'll find a way to mess this one up too.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited April 2021

There are A LOT of things that were basically impossible to mess up, but the Sims 4 developers still managed to find a way to do it... lol Trust me, they'll find a way to mess this one up too.

which is weird cuz i have understood that sims 3 & sims 4 have the same devs, it's possible that ts4 needs more budget than ts3 and ea won't give them everything they need, plus they got a ridiculous time limit to develop packs. i saw a pack concept for ts4 a while ago and it seems they end up scrapping a lot of stuff. also the dumb strategy from ea of separating content into many packs to make people buy and buy.
    if ts4 gets a generations pack, remember we also have parenthood and the toddler sp.
    what used to be one big pack it's now divided into many little but overpriced packs
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    Generations
    bella_goth wrote: »

which is weird cuz i have understood that sims 3 & sims 4 have the same devs, it's possible that ts4 needs more budget than ts3 and ea won't give them everything they need, plus they got a ridiculous time limit to develop packs. i saw a pack concept for ts4 a while ago and it seems they end up scrapping a lot of stuff. also the dumb strategy from ea of separating content into many packs to make people buy and buy.
    if ts4 gets a generations pack, remember we also have parenthood and the toddler sp.
    what used to be one big pack it's now divided into many little but overpriced packs

Well sort of. Generations never introduced the concept of traits that you develop through actions/parenting. It didn't have school projects either and some other small stuff that Parenthood had so it's not exactly "it was in Generations before". Some things were though, like the punishments/time outs and curfew was in the BG. We'll see how much content TS4 Generations introduces if it ever comes to fruition.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited April 2021
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    bella_goth wrote: »

Well sort of. Generations never introduced the concept of traits that you develop through actions/parenting. It didn't have school projects either and some other small stuff that Parenthood had so it's not exactly "it was in Generations before". Some things were though, like the punishments/time outs and curfew was in the BG. We'll see how much content TS4 Generations introduces if it ever comes to fruition.

i don't remember much of what was in previous games but wanted to give a casual example of how is ea separating big packs into small ones. at least they bring new gameplay and enhancements but i'm sure most people would prefer one big and good pack of a topic rather than many small packs like pets ep and my first pet sp, of course to each their own. i think if ts4 didn't separate their content so much, more people would be satisfied with the game, for some players ts4 only got good after paying +700$ for packs.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    Generations
    Generations at all

Showtime for new careers: magician, singer and acrobat (and possibly new musical instruments)

Supernatural for werewolves, zombies and fairies
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Pets.

Supernatural, second, and Generations, third. Cats and Dogs was my greatest disappointment of Sims 4. Pets has been my favorite pack every iteration, the supernatural packs being my second favorites, and 4 is the glaring exception. I have posted a number of times why in detail, but it all devolves into the most "unique" pets ever being the same claim as the smartest sims ever. They are walking decor that take up a family slot and I cannot even play with them at this point. I actually like the MFP small pets better.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    Generations
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Pets.

Supernatural, second, and Generations, third. Cats and Dogs was my greatest disappointment of Sims 4. Pets has been my favorite pack every iteration, the supernatural packs being my second favorites, and 4 is the glaring exception. I have posted a number of times why in detail, but it all devolves into the most "unique" pets ever being the same claim as the smartest sims ever. They are walking decor that take up a family slot and I cannot even play with them at this point. I actually like the MFP small pets better.

TS3 Pets was honestly a phenomenal EP. I'm still bothered to this day by the "We decided to focus only on cats and dogs for this EP to make them more detailed and fleshed out"...yeah right.... Pet traits in TS4 are ok, the animations are nice, but there's so much content missing even from the cats and the dogs....it's ridiculous. It's the worst "Pets" EP yet made. Don't even get me started on the lack of dog houses or actual pet beds...they lie down on 2D floor rugs. Even Unleashed had better pet beds. I just don't get it...I'm GUESSING that they blew up the EP budget on the addition of the color wheel...it's the only explanation.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Into the Future
    World Adventures
    Supernaturals
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • AntwerpoAntwerpo Posts: 90 Member
    Into the Future
    I would love to see the Race Driver pack or now that EA also holds the license for Formula 1 game. The formula 1 expansion. Introducing a map of racetracks. You will be able to level up the racing car series tot become a formula 1 driver.
    As this pack is car centric it will introduce cars. maybe a deal with a car manufacturer could make you an engineer at their factory
    Or as a tie-in to Eco Lifestyle it could be Formula E and and as extra career you could become the CEO of an electric vehicle company that needs to convince all the sims to switch to electric cars which has a big impact on eco.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    They wouldn’t do World Adventures justice in my opinion.

I don’t even remember the Generations pack much. I think it added toddler strollers and prom or something like that.

No to Supernaturals.

Into The Future is the one TS3 pack I regret buying.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Supernatural
    I d like supernatural. I know we allready have plenty of occults but I think it would be nice to getvan occult creator where we can create our own occults give them power and weaknesses.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Supernatural
    I so still want my Fairies & Werewolves in Sims 4. I also want Moonlight Falls in Sims 4. PLEASE! :)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Showtime. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    World Adventures
    World Adventures was my favourite TS3 pack. Some features were annoying (such as the fact you could only pick an adventure among the few, seemingly random offers available at a given time: there was an adventure I could never pick, so I never fully completed the quest in Champs Les Sims), but I loved the idea that you could explore different countries and that if you were so inclined, you could pick up goal-oriented adventures.

I have Jungle Adventure and it doesn't remotely come close to the complexity and engagement of World Adventures. It's just one shorter adventure, though I appreciated the puzzle mechanics in it (choices in the jungle, mechanisms in the temple): the puzzles in WA got really boring after a while: the constant moving statues around was too repetitive.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited April 2021
    My answer is none. I have 0 interest in exact copies of expansion packs.

What I am interested in are elements from all of those that you mentioned.

I would like to see a Werewolf or even a Fae pack, but treated the way TS4 Vampires are treated (minus the nerfing).
    I would like a time traveling pack, but with a different twist or different mechanics.
    I would like more Quest based adventure packs with challenging game play similar to what is offered in WA, but I wouldn't want it to be the same.
    I would like the return of some of the features of TS3 Generations, but I can see them spread out across various packs.

I believe that TS4 does well with complex gameplay systems such as the clubs in GT, Fame & Vampires and we need more of these. Quest driven packs need to be more challenging in my opinion.

There is another S3 EP from which I would absolutely love to see some features and that is Island Paradise. I think it's one of the best EP's out there because it gives us HouseBoats & Diving lots. Wonderful stuff, wonderful stuff. Especially when your machine can actually run it. :D