Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's on your menu tonight?

Comments

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    didn't really have a menu. I had all kinds of leftovers available for scrounging, and didn't much feel like eating so I had a little sharp cheddar with a couple of crackers.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,608 Member
    I'm doing Middle Eastern Risotto tonight.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    Hot wings & potato salad
  • LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    We'll be having a classic pasta with meat sauce and mozzarella. I'm using up some leftover supplies.
  • TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    Steakums
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Thinking I might make calamari and brussels sprouts.

But I might be lazy and just throw a frozen dinner in the microwave lol. I really want the calamari though. But it is getting late already and despite sleeping much of the day I really wanna go back to sleep already lol.
    Thai take away tonight.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    I'm thinking tacos. and not because it's Tuesday. It helps though.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    Food (preferably edible).
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    Perhaps a Tuna Melt tonight, w/ avocado.
    Potential Is Everything

XYeo1vn.png
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    Arkane wrote: »
    Perhaps a Tuna Melt tonight, w/ avocado.

Well...crap...that's something I gotta try one of these days.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    Idk yet Brussels sprouts and something. Maybe shrimp. Brussels were suuuuuper cheap today though so I have a probably concerning amount of them to devour (which I will do so shamelessly love me some Brussels sprouts). Maybe I'll only have Brussels lol.
    edited April 2021

Well...❤️❤️❤️❤️...that's something I gotta try one of these days.

Do it! :D Lightly butter the sides of the bread and I recommend Colby cheese slices. Add the avocado after. The combo makes it...*chefs kiss* Per my opinion of course.
    Potential Is Everything

XYeo1vn.png
    I didn't cook today, and wasn't hungry either. So I had a sport nutrition bar for my dinner. Rip, eat, done.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 284 Member
    I had a truly awful day and didn't want to cook.

I had nachos at one of my local cafes. I know they don't do a very good nachos, but there isn't many things on their menu that I feel like or otherwise I already order too often. They do a decent pizza, but I didn't feel like any form of pizza.

Too tired to cook tonight and it's pay day and not a really late night at work so I took advantage of it all and ordered pizza from my favourite pizza place. It's been way way too long since I've had it and this stuff is even better than I remember. :yum:
    I had a truly awful day and didn't want to cook.

I had nachos at one of my local cafes. I know they don't do a very good nachos, but there isn't many things on their menu that I feel like or otherwise I already order too often. They do a decent pizza, but I didn't feel like any form of pizza.

I hope things are looking up for you now. Hugs!

I grilled this afternoon, so that was dinner. I barely touched it, but that's to be expected presently.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    We won't be having dinner tonight, since we are going to a BBQ this afternoon. But last night I made this, which was very tasty (I occasionally get these meal boxes delivered when I can't be bothered trying to decide what to make for the coming week). I particularly like the toasted sesame seeds in the rice, and the sauce is really tasty as well.

https://www.hellofresh.com.au/recipes/coconut-ginger-tofu-sesame-rice-603c1c97f7a259555901fa16?to-instructions=true&week=2021-W15

(photo from the hellofresh website):
    qTArbkT.jpg
    As to the BBQ, I am taking the Spanish-influenced rice salad that I always take to BBQs. It's very simple but so tasty. I don't bother to "garnish" with the capsicums (bell peppers), I just mix the whole lot together.

Spanish Rice Salad

1 ½ cups long grain rice
    ¼ cup oil
    3 cups vegetable stock
    1 ½ teaspoons salt
    1 teaspoon curry powder
    ½ teaspoon saffron
    1 small green capsicum, finely diced
    1 small red capsicum, finely diced

Dressing:
    1 tablespoon white vinegar
    3 tablespoons olive oil
    2 tablespoons paprika
    1 clove garlic, crushed

Sauté rice in oil for a few minutes, then add stock, salt, saffron, and curry powder. Stir well, cover tightly and cook over low heat for 25-30 minutes. When cooked, fluff up with a fork and leave uncovered until cold.

Mix dressing ingredients and add to the rice a little at a time, tossing lightly but thoroughly to distribute evenly. Mix in the shallots. Pile the rice into a bowl and garnish with the red and green capsicum.
    We were away for the weekend so I just put left overs on top of jacket potatoes. That always works.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    We might grill again. I don't have much appetite still, so I'll grill whatever he wants. I may or may not partake.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I don't have much appetite still,

Oh no, I hope you haven't been ill?

Tonight we will have another dinner from this week's meal box delivery. Think I'll go with this one:

https://www.hellofresh.com.au/recipes/italian-falafel-couscous-bowl-603c1c8020b0101648119b6e?isMegaAddonsEnabled=false&subscriptionId=619436&week=2021-W15

YZED4lR.jpg

Burger and fries. Just used frozen boxed burgers which are a bit meh (but they were a really good deal) imo so I sprinkled this fantastic beef rub I have on them, toasted the buns nice and spread garlic aioli on the top and bottom buns. Threw some Swiss cheese in there and they came out pretty darn good. The fries are just potato wedges from the ready to eat section at walmart ('cause they're actually so good). Thus ends the weekend of junk food and tomorrow will look at healthier dinners again.
    The falafel & cous cous bowl was really good.

:)
    Foraged leftovers. I think I'm coming down with something and don't even feel like eating dinner.

Had a jackfruit vegan bbq sandwich earlier. It tastes...odd, but I fixed it with a tiny bit of sugar and peanut oil and some diced onion. Then it wasn't half bad. BBQ isn't supposed to have zero fat so that was part of what made it taste odd. The texture reminded me of pickled artichokes.

xicwqMCm.jpg