Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You would like a "Desert Adventure" Game Pack?

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
Basically a Jungle Adventure but based in Egypt, much like TS3 World Adventures with tombs mummies and other desert stuff

You would like a "Desert Adventure" Game Pack? 60 votes

Yes
63%
crocobauraLeGardePourpreredrogue60irishdragon7Kulthero777ashcrash19xx8lobo8xxCAPTAIN_NXR7Karababy52SilentKittyDestin2016Briana2425calipossRedShoe7comicsforlifeSimskristaPeralsuvoltaRememberJoySimmingal 38 votes
No
36%
PlayerSinger2010Isb917Simburiang01denswancatloverplayerBabykittyjadetexxx78MovottiChadSims2EnkiSchmidtFreezerBunnyCowplantChazzzyddd994Simtarris22logionSERVERFRASims_all_daySimmerGeorgeKimmerReaganbogan 22 votes

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    No
    Not specifically (i would want many other kind of adventures first) but i would consider it depending on the features it could bring to the game.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited April 2021
    Yes
    I mean it isn't my first priority for next pack or such

but i would very much like egypt theme eventually making comeback

it would be awesome if we could have more sandy desert as opposed to rather flat versions we have now

and maybe some dangers of sandy kind like quicksand or sandstorms or such

tombs of different kind than the JA ones
    (more trappy things)

and ofc all the pretty egypt thingies

perhaps also a rather conning marketplace

and possibly hotels but i suppose those can be other theme if its too hard to fit in
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Yes
    I would love Egypt to be like Mt Komorebi, with some sightseeing, some traditional buildings and some new, a bazaar for shopping and cats everywhere.
    Yes
    oh and yes id like to be able to live in that world if they add it because separation between vacation world and liveable one is just sad to me i want to live everywhere regardless of if it makes sense
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yes
    Well, yes, but I would want a bunch of other things first. I have a fair number of qualms with the current vacation system. Most specifically the vacation day system, but I also want vacation homes.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    No
    Maybe a desert world with some locations that work like Jungle adventure but not a full pack focusing on these dungeon like places, again. We need fresh content not the same old with a different look.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    No
    Just can't get into anything desert related.😆 I'm a jungle island girl (literally)
    Plus there are just so many things I'd rather have instead
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    No
    I'm not totally against the idea of an Egyptian themed world, but it being too similar to Jungle Adventure would be something I'm not interested in. I think mummies would be super cool, but I wouldn't want to see the whole exploration/quest storyline repeated, I'd rather them incorporate the Egyptian World with something new.
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    Yes
    If it includes Egyptian belly dancing, I'm in.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No
    A pack like this really does not interest me at all but a entire world built around a repetitive adventure is just not my idea of fun and the world would end up being useless as well with hardly any lots just a waste of a pack at least for me.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Yes

Oh yes indeed. A desert pack would perfectly expand on my Journey to Batuu/ Star Wars Gameplay. 😇

But why only inspired by Egypt? Been there done that. What about the Australian desert? Or the Mohave desert? Or Gobi, or let’s go wild, Antarctica?

Although I’d love more challenging gameplay like TS3 World adventures I can think of more than just Tomb Raiding a bunch of old ruins.

What about:
    • A Rain Maker skill.
    • Raising camels, goats and yakety yaks. .and heyy...Llamas & Alpacas?
    • Gameplay inspired by Dream Tracks & Dreaming. In fact...Dreaming could be a SKILL! Just get your sim to find, harvest and consume some peyote and see what happens 😋. It could include traveling to the future or the past! Unless it’s a frickin’ DeLorean never mind those boring ‘aul time machines & telephone boxes. Dreaming is the new way to time travel.
    Plus:
    • Dust Storms & Sand accumulation.
    • Quicksand and Pit Monsters.
    • Good & Evil Sand spirits or even Yetis. (Not a dude in a suit).
    • Quest to the Oasis.
    • Mysterious lamps and Genies.
    • Camels & Horses.
    • Dune Buggies.
    • Dust Bunnies. (Nevermind we already got those)
    • Strange Bazaars.
    • The all new ROUNDED WALLS build tool so that we can build Yurts in the mountain desert or Science Facilities in an Antarctica inspired World.
    • Something like dogsledding?
    • Drums & Shakers.
    • Rattle snakes.
    • Nomadic lifestyle: introducing a system that allows the player to start playing with a household without needing to assign a specific lot to that household. This household may start off with survival items, instead of simoleons. My sims don’t want to pay bills. My sims want to survive and travel the world. Great for the homeless sims too.

I second this. 😇

• temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited April 2021
    Yes
    Yes but only if we can create mummies, please don't be a temporary life state, please don't be a temporary life state, I'm begging the Gurus to not repeat the injustice they did to skeletons and plant sims. #givememummies #makeplantsimsgreatagain
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited April 2021
    Yes
    Oh yes indeed. A desert pack would perfectly expand on my Journey to Batuu/ Star Wars Gameplay. 😇

But why only inspired by Egypt? Been there done that. What about the Australian desert? Or the Mohave desert? Or Gobi, or let’s go wild, Antarctica?

Although I’d love more challenging gameplay like TS3 World adventures I can think of more than just Tomb Raiding a bunch of old ruins.

What about:
    • A Rain Maker skill.
    • Raising camels, goats and yakety yaks. .and heyy...Llamas & Alpacas?
    • Gameplay inspired by Dream Tracks & Dreaming. In fact...Dreaming could be a SKILL! Just get your sim to find, harvest and consume some peyote and see what happens 😋. It could include traveling to the future or the past! Unless it’s a frickin’ DeLorean never mind those boring ‘aul time machines & telephone boxes. Dreaming is the new way to time travel.
    Plus:
    • Dust Storms & Sand accumulation.
    • Quicksand and Pit Monsters.
    • Good & Evil Sand spirits or even Yetis. (Not a dude in a suit).
    • Quest to the Oasis.
    • Mysterious lamps and Genies.
    • Camels & Horses.
    • Dune Buggies.
    • Dust Bunnies. (Nevermind we already got those)
    • Strange Bazaars.
    • The all new ROUNDED WALLS build tool so that we can build Yurts in the mountain desert or Science Facilities in an Antarctica inspired World.
    • Something like dogsledding?
    • Drums & Shakers.
    • Rattle snakes.
    • Nomadic lifestyle: introducing a system that allows the player to start playing with a household without needing to assign a specific lot to that household. This household may start off with survival items, instead of simoleons. My sims don’t want to pay bills. My sims want to survive and travel the world. Great for the homeless sims too.

I second this. 😇

I like your ideas @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    No
    We have lots of Desert worlds in Sims 4. However, I wouldn't mind a world that was a combination of Egypt/Greece with both Egyptian & Greek objects, CAS & build modes.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Yes
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    We have lots of Desert worlds in Sims 4. However, I wouldn't mind a world that was a combination of Egypt/Greece with both Egyptian & Greek objects, CAS & build modes.

I'd like that if it came with a cruise ship to link them both.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    No
    I live on the edge of the desert. It's not particularly fun.
    madmax-furyroad-gifs-1-26569.gif
    132199.gif
    tumblr_pdga3qn6Uv1x0bvwko3_500.gif
    sand-dust-storm.gif?fit=500%2C255&ssl=1

Spider vs snake
    RespectfulDistantChinesecrocodilelizard-max-1mb.gif

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    Yes
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

THIS!!!!!

Mediterranean Adventures?

A greek island and the Nile
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No
    I don’t like how they made Jungle Adventure and endless loop. I like my Sims to track they progress like we could in World Adventures. So, no I wouldn’t want them to put WA in TS4 because it would be much of the same.
    Yes
    @Movotti it looked super fun until you mention the spiders...
    yes.
    i shall skip those.
    very thankful whatever that spoiler contains is in spoiler :sweat_smile:
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    No
    @Simmingal Endless dust is not fun. I'm thankful that this year has been so moist, because in previous years, by this time, we'd be coming into another winter of dust storms. Imagine cold and windy weather, but the air is full of dust, and the sky is red with it.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No
    I've always found deserts boring.
    edited April 2021
    Yes
    Movotti wrote: »
    @Simmingal Endless dust is not fun. I'm thankful that this year has been so moist, because in previous years, by this time, we'd be coming into another winter of dust storms. Imagine cold and windy weather, but the air is full of dust, and the sky is red with it.

i mean i do get its not fun irl as I'm northern human and id probably die in 5 seconds or so

but id like to have my sims suffer world like that because i feel there is too many worlds that are just green lawn and blue sky in sims 4 and we need some worlds that look different from that and have different kind of feel

like at this point id take any world that does not resemble this image
    f4653bb8d5ac48727241c1a1742da545.jpg

and well sandy desert just really sounds like new weather effects to me so id be interested as seasons fanclub member
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    No
    This picture so reminds me of when I used to have Windows XP back in the late 1990s.
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but only if it deals with an "exotic" desert setting like the Sahara (Africa) or Gobi (Asia) deserts and features elements inspired by the cultures that live/developed in those areas.

What I wouldn't be interested in is yet another desert setting that looks like the deserts in North America, because we already have two worlds inspired by that, Strangerville and Oasis Spring.

I feel we need more non-Western locations.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yes
    This could be a lot of fun! I might even tie it together with my Strangerville, Batuu, Oasis Springs ( ahem Tatooine)-thing I have going. If there is sand there is adventure in my game so why not add more of it.