Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle vs Snowy Escape

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    I love both and it's almost impossible for me to choose but I had to go with EL because it just adds to overall general gameplay in any world while SE is more confined to just it's own world. It's a beautiful world and of course some of the objects can be added elsewhere but the meat of that pack (the winter sports) is just in that world and it doesn't add as much to my game play overall. The general CAS theme in SE is also beautiful but limited. You won't be needing all those winter coats for Oasis Springs. ;)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    I don't like or use the NAP feature from Eco Lifestyle. It had potential to be fun, but I think they dropped the ball on it. Even still, I think I prefer Eco Lifestyle to Snowy Escape. Within a few days, I felt bored of Snowy Escape. It's just Island Living with snow, but at least Island Living came with a fun career that made it worth living in Sulani.

Not saying Snowy Escape is bad. I think it's a nice world for vacations, and I do really enjoy the hiking trails and rock climbing. Lifestyles are okay, but I think some of them really need some adjustments. In the end, Eco Lifestyle added way more to my overall gameplay than Snowy Escape did.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Eco is a hot mess and my Sims are to fat for Snowy Escape. If they stopped eating salad and lost some weight then off to the snow.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    (i was very disappointed to find rentals not having potty and toddler bed by default though gamechangers this is my one shade for u but i guess ep didnt add new ones (which well shade to ep)so yall just forgot they exist)

You know, I'm not the first one to call for more baby/toddler items and features... don't get me wrong, I get why people want them, and there are some things that people have requested that I would definitely use, it's just not my personal top priority... but this is a good example of where it would be helpful to have a pack & play type item for toddlers at least that could be dragged into the inventory. After all, pet beds can be dragged in and out of your inventory so you can take pets camping/on holiday, right? But unless I've missed something somewhere, there's nothing similar for sims toddlers.

You can drag toddler pottys and one of the toddler beds to your inventory to take with you, along with the nesting blocks, some other toys and the wabbit tablet. I'm pretty sure it's not a mod that is doing this for me. You can also click on the mail box at the rental lot to order these items if you forgot them.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited February 2021
    CelSims wrote: »
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    (i was very disappointed to find rentals not having potty and toddler bed by default though gamechangers this is my one shade for u but i guess ep didnt add new ones (which well shade to ep)so yall just forgot they exist)

You know, I'm not the first one to call for more baby/toddler items and features... don't get me wrong, I get why people want them, and there are some things that people have requested that I would definitely use, it's just not my personal top priority... but this is a good example of where it would be helpful to have a pack & play type item for toddlers at least that could be dragged into the inventory. After all, pet beds can be dragged in and out of your inventory so you can take pets camping/on holiday, right? But unless I've missed something somewhere, there's nothing similar for sims toddlers.

You can drag toddler pottys and one of the toddler beds to your inventory to take with you, along with the nesting blocks, some other toys and the wabbit tablet. I'm pretty sure it's not a mod that is doing this for me. You can also click on the mail box at the rental lot to order these items if you forgot them.

Ah, ok! I'm wondering whether this is a new feature with SE, or maybe one of the patches over the last year, because I don't remember it being possible in the past. I have admittedly not been playing as much lately.

You know what, now that I think about it, I think this must be a SE update, because we couldn't take our toddlers on vacation before, right?

To bring it back around to the original question, I bought SE and it's really gorgeous, but it hasn't held my attention enough to spend a lot of time playing. To be fair, though, I think that's more of a reflection of how busy/stressed I've been, rather than a commentary on the quality of the pack.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Snowy Escape
    You can order toddler beds in the mailbox if there are none on the lot immedately though.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Snowy Escape
    I love both worlds, and I use a LOT of items and clothing from Eco Lifestyle (it is one of the absolute best CAS and BUILD packs out there to me). However I like Snowy Escape's world even more, tho the actual skiing is underwhelming. As to be expected, really.

Also, I always disable the Eco Footprint mechanic because it is too annoying; there really isn't a way to get a neighborhood to stay in the Green without cheats. it always fluctuates way too much.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Eco Lifestyle

I own both and I really like both of them. Having a variety of options in my game is key.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    Snowy Escape is Island Living 2.0 with very limited features mostly tied to one world. Eco Living on the other hand allows a lot of customization in game. Refining the "profile" of different hoods with NAPS, changing environment (though I'm struggle with it) and also a lot of crafting.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited February 2021
    Snowy Escape
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    Snowy Escape is Island Living 2.0 with very limited features mostly tied to one world. Eco Living on the other hand allows a lot of customization in game. Refining the "profile" of different hoods with NAPS, changing environment (though I'm struggle with it) and also a lot of crafting.

And I absolutely love Island Living.
    Besides, since unlike Sims 3 where you are locked in one world, Sims 4 allows you to travel freely, the fact that you can only go skiing / diving in one world is literally irrelevant... While Eco Living is a buggy mess.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    While Eco Living is a buggy mess.
    If comparing SE and EL I'd say both NAPS and Lifestyles are equally buggy. At least I can't enjoy both without proper mods.

As for the favorites. Obviously they depends on individual playstyles. I can perfectly see why some people love IL and SE and hate EL and vice versa. With my playstyle I like to have rotations, integrated economy and politics in my game so all EL features (including dynamic Community Lot I didn't mention before) are a huge gift for me.

• Options
    br00kie1br00kie1 Posts: 119 Member
    Snowy Escape
    Like them both, but have mixed feelings for EL , literally I live the EL irl recycling repurposing and sustainable food etc and grew up in a hippy type family. But sims is a fantasy and my play style is very controlling. As the sims overlord NAPS was upsetting to say the least. Dumpster woohoo is a truly repulsive vile idea and wish we could get rid off seeing the option :# .

SE has a beautiful world, and the sims have a lot of fun doing extreme sports, plus extra culture. Great CAS. Love sentiments and the hikes. On reflection think SE has less bad points. Understand people's comments on SE recycling activities, but I don't have the packs perfect patio, fitness stuff spa day... if you don't have those packs either SE add mores to gameplay.
    Personally don't care if it's called an expansion or a game pack, i love IL and SE the worlds are amazing! Wouldn't buy any expansion full price but on sale SE and EC are both nice :)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    Eco Lifestyle
    Both were themes I wanted, but Snowy Escape actually works, while Eco Lifestyle still has issues. Changes we make to the worlds are not consistent, and reset with rotating (sometimes I suspect traveling with my active household is enough).

That aside I enjoy winter sports a bit more, so I'd probably still vote for Snowy if Eco worked flawlessly. Plus, I can turn off Lifestyles in Snowy, whereas I cannot get rid of the intrusive, character breaking phonecalls that came with Eco.

Couldn't be further from the truth given how lifestyles are broken and will mess up your game. You can resort to mods to fix them but otherwise sims will gain more lifestyles than they should and it'll break the UI and gameplay.

Eco Lifestyle is clearly the better option, you get more money for your buck. Not to mention you can use all of it's content outside of a single world. Personally I've never had a problem with NAPs because my sims never skip a voting process and if there's one that I don't like I petition to get it removed.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SayNoToGnomesSayNoToGnomes Posts: 44 Member
    Snowy Escape
    I like both but I went for Snowy Escape.

Eco Lifestyle does add a lot and I agree that you might get more content for your money, but the NAP's can prove to be a tad annoying at times and I have actually turned off EL gameplay in my game (for now, at least).

For me, Snowy Escape just does more for me, I am in love with the build/buy items and the world is stunning. Admittedly it's a bit of a bummer that Skiing/Snowboarding is limited just to Mt.Komorebi but a little bit of travelling is tolerable. (As of yet I've had no issues with lifestyles.)

• Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    Sure, most of the NAP's are annoying, but I love the free love NAP for my polyamorous Sims in my game, it made their life easier. In comparison EL offers me more possibilities for my gameplay than snowy escape. I found snowy escape not bad, but I haven't played it much, I'm okay with the lifestyles, the moodlets are funny most of the times. My currently heir in my decade challenge had the adventurous lifestyle and he got the +20 happiness for 24 hours when a fire broke out and he didn't run away from it. I literally had the meme in my game.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    There's so much sandbox play with EL and different things that can happen spontaneously. I played out SE within a few hours of playtime. Conquering the mountain was super easy as was going on all the trail hikes. I like the CAS and BB with SE, but not as much as EL. There's A LOT to do with EL. I love how you can focus on different things with it and it changes all the time.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Snowy Escape
    If you absolutely had to buy ep from 2020 which one do you think is better?

(or if you bought either one or both which did you like better?)

this is purely for science

explanations appreciated

Snowy cause it adds a Winter World atleast on the mountain and skiing and sledding.