Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Music Band Expansion Pack

I must do it this way once again. The pack that should save The Sims 4. Because of its complexity, it needs to be an expansion pack.

So, music instruments, songs, music, and bands.

Create new music instruments: bass guitar, flute, strings, saxophone, set of drums, etc, alongside with the existing ones.

Create lots of new complete songs of various genres for lead vocalists. Make the Sims have different voices when singing, depending on their voice type.

Create tons of music parts for rhythm guitar, for bass guitar, for drums, and for all other instruments, that we could combine in an original and unique way with a song.

And the most important, create the tools to synchronize different Sims singing and playing music together, which would make a band.

And when it's all done and you get rich on my idea, I want 10%. B)

An inspirational video to make you get started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4ze-hQN6B4

Comments

• Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    I think what we need is a Showtime version for The Sims 4 that includes bands, new musical instruments and another artistic careers and activities like magician, acrobats and singers.

Oh believe me, if EA make money with my ideas, I'm only want enough for a good gamer laptop and all TS4 products for free

• Options
    dirty_milosdirty_milos Posts: 210 Member
    Mak27 wrote: »
    I think what we need is a Showtime version for The Sims 4 that includes bands, new musical instruments and another artistic careers and activities like magician, acrobats and singers.

Oh believe me, if EA make money with my ideas, I'm only want enough for a good gamer laptop and all TS4 products for free

I would say that most people who play this game are kind of sedated, thay just float with the stream and they enjoy it the way it is, sometimes just complaining the sedatives are not strong enough or not in enough quantity. I didn't play The Sims before The Sims 4, I actually wasn't even aware the game existed, before I accidentally somehow saw some ad for The Sims 4, and I am not a gamer myself anyways. It looked interesting to me to create characters, and I've always wanted to be a great architect, so I decided to give it a try. But then, after having some fabulous characters created, and lots built, I've got nothing to do with them, except for just watching them how beautiful they are. From the most expensive game the world has ever seen, I expect much more. What they have created so far is a solid base for something, but they still need to reach that something.

So I didn't play The Sims 3 and I don't know what Showtime expansion pack was all about, but I suppose it was just another pack with some new careers, aspirations, traits, skills, and blah-blah, nothing really interesting. You complete one career or one aspiration, and you go for another, and another, and it's like a drug, you just keep going on and on in order not to get bored. But there's nothing really there. I would suggest them once again, for The Sims 5, to hire some psychologists and sociologists, to create a real study of human character and behavior, and implement it into the game. That way, the game would gain some depth and meaning.

P. S.

Just to add to my original post, I forgot to mention backing vocals, like "uuuuu", "aaaah", "la-la-la", "yeah-yeah-yeah", etc. And to mention once again, they need to provide us with a tool with which we could synchronize Sims' singing and music playing, so that we can decide which Sims start singing and playing music at the same time, or which ones of them start with delayed time, for how long do they sing or play, when they pause, etc.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Note: I copy/paste this bands idea in almost all music/ band dedicated threads ‘cause I ain’t gonna write it all down again.
    And kiddos, I certainly need a fair % just for bumping this one. 😎

Bands and Musical Ensembles.
    • A system very like the GT Club mechanics will give a player the option to form a band or a musical group.
    • A sim with enough skill in a particular instrument can start a band or ensemble and start a band practice.
    • A band or group with high enough band skill will be able to organize a gig, or attract a manager who will organize gigs for them.
    • A band may be invited to play at a Wedding or other Event.
    • A band or group will receive ratings based on their performance and music sales.
    • The group can give their revenue a boost with sales in merchandise.

Some bands or ensembles that can be created:
    • Rock/ Indie/ (Synth) Pop band.
    • Hip Hop/Rap group.
    • Choir. (kids,classical, gospel)
    • String Quartet.

Instruments and skills that currently exist but can be used in combination:
    • Piano.(BG) Synth (CL)
    • Acoustic Guitar. (BG)
    • Violin.(BG).
    • Singing. (CL)
    • Organ. (Vampires).

Instruments and skills to be added to such an EP:
    • Electric Guitar.
    • Bass Guitar.
    • Drums.
    • Cello & Double Bass.
    • A Rapper Mic/ Sound Box?
    • Saxophone

Crossover with other EP's:
    • Bands performance level will influence the Fame system in GF.
    • A Sim with a DU degree in Fine Art or Drama will get higher pay out for completed gigs.
    • Gigs will be added to the calendar in Seasons.
    • Create a Merch. Store via GTW retail.

I can see this as part of an EP as I'm aware it takes a considerable amount of resources to record music for different genres at different levels in different combinations and create animations based on each variant.

But hey, it would be nice.

ETA: I'd like to add that a world with music venues and stages should be part of this EP.
  • Options
    amaniaaaamaniaaa Posts: 58 Member
    edited April 2021
    Note: I copy/paste this bands idea in almost all music/ band dedicated threads ‘cause I ain’t gonna write it all down again.
    And kiddos, I certainly need a fair % just for bumping this one. 😎

Bands and Musical Ensembles.
    • A system very like the GT Club mechanics will give a player the option to form a band or a musical group.
    • A sim with enough skill in a particular instrument can start a band or ensemble and start a band practice.
    • A band or group with high enough band skill will be able to organize a gig, or attract a manager who will organize gigs for them.
    • A band may be invited to play at a Wedding or other Event.
    • A band or group will receive ratings based on their performance and music sales.
    • The group can give their revenue a boost with sales in merchandise.

Some bands or ensembles that can be created:
    • Rock/ Indie/ (Synth) Pop band.
    • Hip Hop/Rap group.
    • Choir. (kids,classical, gospel)
    • String Quartet.

Instruments and skills that currently exist but can be used in combination:
    • Piano.(BG) Synth (CL)
    • Acoustic Guitar. (BG)
    • Violin.(BG).
    • Singing. (CL)
    • Organ. (Vampires).

Instruments and skills to be added to such an EP:
    • Electric Guitar.
    • Bass Guitar.
    • Drums.
    • Cello & Double Bass.
    • A Rapper Mic/ Sound Box?
    • Saxophone

Crossover with other EP's:
    • Bands performance level will influence the Fame system in GF.
    • A Sim with a DU degree in Fine Art or Drama will get higher pay out for completed gigs.
    • Gigs will be added to the calendar in Seasons.
    • Create a Merch. Store via GTW retail.

I can see this as part of an EP as I'm aware it takes a considerable amount of resources to record music for different genres at different levels in different combinations and create animations based on each variant.

But hey, it would be nice.

ETA: I'd like to add that a world with music venues and stages should be part of this EP.

As much as I like all the ideas, I wouldn't like to have a crossover with DU in the same way you mentioned (A Sim with a DU degree in Fine Art or Drama will get higher pay out for completed gigs.) because it doesn't make any sense. The degree shouldn't give you any higher payout when you'll finish a certain gig since education doesn't really matter when it comes to performing, for example, Beyonce didn't even go to college and look where she is now. Instead, I would add a career like a music teacher in which that would be allowed.

Additionally to the ideas mentioned at the top, I would also like to see some of these features:
    • writing lyrics, creating a melody, recording, and releasing singles (and albums)
    • record deals, labels, and managers (good and bad, could be done similarly to acting agencies menu but differently to acting, you would be able to make music without a record deal or manager)
    • promoting singles (and albums)
    • music charts (if our song will be in the 1st to 10th place we would be invited to receive an award and perform)
    • improved followers and also platforms for artists (SimTube, Simsify, etc.)
    • stage names (similar to The Sims 3 system, optional)
    • performing in venues (similar to The Sims 3 system where you need to sing for an owner in order to be paid for the performance with an option of regular performances. If we'd have a manager, they would send us messages with opportunities to perform somewhere)
    • creating concerts and tours (you will need to pay (or your record label if you have one) in order to schedule a concert or an entire concert tour in special venues, depending on how many people bought the tickets and how much money you spent (or how much % your record label took) you will earn a certain amount of money)
    • new radio station with mixed genres and also a chance for songs created by our Sims to appear in this radio channel