Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Longer seasons?

2...Next

Comments

• ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 369 Member
    You can try to contact LittleMsSam on her discord link here https://discord.com/invite/KpZsvRM
    tumber here https://littlemssam.tumblr.com
    paetron here https://www.patreon.com/LittleMsSam
  • Angels2009Angels2009 Posts: 15 Member
    > @Phaeton99 said:
    > > @Angels2009 said:
    > > Who is good making scripts
    > >
    > >
    >
    > Probably the best person to approach first would be LittleMsSam, who created the original 21-day mod. I have no idea how to contact them, however.

I message LittleMsSam on twitter just waiting to hear from her.
    > @Phaeton99 said:
    > > @Angels2009 said:
    > > Who is good making scripts
    > >
    > >
    >
    > Probably the best person to approach first would be LittleMsSam, who created the original 21-day mod. I have no idea how to contact them, however.

I think she is just not on scripts
  • shadowphantomnessshadowphantomness Posts: 9 New Member
    I would love 90 day seasons myself.
    I explain to LittleMsSam about 91days and I got reply back from her and she is surprises that a higher than 28 days version worked at all at some point and think that the 28 days is somewhere hardcoded. Maybe in the UI and that is where she knowledge stops.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Okay, so I tried it and it still resets the season when reaching day 29.

Does it work for anybody here?
    lakire wrote: »
    MelsieYT wrote: »
    @bandit5 Yeah I know LittleMsSam has a 21 day one, so it might be possible to mess around with... I'm just not code savvy enough to do it. Haha

I use LittleMsSam's 21 days mod but have changed it for my own use to 91 days. Let me know if you want help with what to change in it so you also can have 91 days/season or whatever you want the season length to be!

Does this mod still work for you? If so, could you upload it and share it with us? Mine resets the season whenever it reaches day 29.
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    don't have it in right now but will put back and test it
    bandit5 wrote: »
    don't have it in right now but will put back and test it

Thank you. Bad thing with longer seasons is that it takes AGES to test lol
    Honestly, I think we should be able to customize season length...
  • Phaeton99Phaeton99 Posts: 12 New Member
    > @Dakota88 said:
    > Thank you. Bad thing with longer seasons is that it takes AGES to test lol

I put the the altered mod through several seasonal cycles, and although each season will reset after 28 days and start back at its beginning, the game does advance to the next season on the 91st day, as intended. One has to cope with a bit of climatic yo-yo-ing (which honestly, isn''t entirely inaccurate) but the mod does it does work to produce a full, 364-day year.

Until a better solution comes along, this is about as much as can be hoped for.
    Phaeton99 wrote: »
    > @Dakota88 said:
    > Thank you. Bad thing with longer seasons is that it takes AGES to test lol

I put the the altered mod through several seasonal cycles, and although each season will reset after 28 days and start back at its beginning, the game does advance to the next season on the 91st day, as intended. One has to cope with a bit of climatic yo-yo-ing (which honestly, isn''t entirely inaccurate) but the mod does it does work to produce a full, 364-day year.

Until a better solution comes along, this is about as much as can be hoped for.

Thank you for testing this. Does it mess up the calendar all the time or will this work?
  • Phaeton99Phaeton99 Posts: 12 New Member
    > @Dakota88 said:
    > Thank you for testing this. Does it mess up the calendar all the time or will this work?

So far, the calendar has worked fine. I have marked the beginning of each month and set various holidays, and everything has progressed normally regardless of the 28-day repeat issues. I do recommend using the weather control console commands to deal with the "unseasonal" weather than the reset problem inevitably causes, which can be hard on planted gardens, but that is a secondary issue.
    Is anyone having any luck on this mod
    I tried make script but no good :( so I have a look on LittleMsSam website to see who create her script.
    Script modders are.....
    Turbodriver
    RoBurky
    Nisa K.
    frankk
    LeRoiDeTout
    Scumbumbo

We could ask one of them for help
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    edited July 2021
    I would love 90 day seasons myself.

I found 28 day seasons to be moot, as I might as well not have seasons in my game. I can't even imagine 90 days worth of the same season. I use LilMsSams 21 day seasons instead of 28. But, I don't have it currently installed as she has not updated it. Three week seasons works out so much better for me. I'm able to have my Teen and Child Sims quit school for the three weeks. I place Liberty Day in the middle week and Labor Day on the first Monday in the Fall. Two days prior I have the school age kids resume school (I use the MCCC mod for this). Works out great.

As for asking Scumbumbo, sadly this person has passed away.
    Phaeton99 wrote: »
    > @Dakota88 said:
    > Thank you for testing this. Does it mess up the calendar all the time or will this work?

So far, the calendar has worked fine. I have marked the beginning of each month and set various holidays, and everything has progressed normally regardless of the 28-day repeat issues. I do recommend using the weather control console commands to deal with the "unseasonal" weather than the reset problem inevitably causes, which can be hard on planted gardens, but that is a secondary issue.

I haven't yet used the calendar since the patch only play-testing my new builds for today's download of the EP. As far as unseasonable weather, I've always had that. It rains nearly every day in the spring and summer. Spring is often colder than normal. I'm not certain it's the patch, is what I'm driving at. Weather has been a mess in my game nearly from the beginning, I'm so sorry to say. I'll have to check it out today. Just waiting for the EP. Oh, and it's now time. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    MCCC has a seasons cheat built into one of it's modules which can be accessed via the mailbox. I have all my seasons set to 28 days. But to make it more realistic I prefer to go through each season three times before moving to the next season. As soon as the clock changes to midnight and the season changes, I access the cheat and go back to the beginning of whatever season my world was in before midnight. It's quick and handy, and you don't have to change any of your file data or settings. :)
    Is anyone had any luck on this mod
  • Fuchsia_RainbowFuchsia_Rainbow Posts: 14 New Member
    Carl's Seasons options mod could maybe help with this, as it would allow you to switch seasons easily whenever you want. You could just make it one season until you're ready to move onto the next one. The video explains how it works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tm2vcrYzQw
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,070 Member
    If i recall in The Sims 3 seasons, we could choose to play in whatever season we wanted to via the settings?