March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I dont like the Sims team making political statements. They should stay neutral and not isolate anyone.

And HOW do you think they can do that? Without any demands.. just curious as imo they cant.

Just dont make any statements lol its pretty easy
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • TwinkiesLATwinkiesLA Posts: 181 Member
    I think that Get Famous is one of the best packs in the game
    source.gif

Gallery ID: Shockmsd
    Forum Name: TwinkiesLA
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I think this is pretty unpopular, but I hate the music in the sims. Every time I go into CAS/build buy I mute my game regardless of what sims game I'm playing as I can't stand the happy happy sound
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited April 2021
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    "The sims 4 sucks eggs, the sims 3 is perfect in any w-" *GUNSHOT*
    Those types of people make me feel like I'm not normal for liking to play Sims 4 sometimes

I had this feeling a while back and I went and played the Sims 3 for a while to see what I was missing since I could never play it when it was the current game and it is far from a perfect game in my opinion.

The gameplay is lovely, the graphics are also lovely when turned on max and with some tweaking in the graphics files. The open world is lovely and over all it has some very nice features and details in it that I wish were in the Sims 4 but... It still suffers from performance issues even on today’s computers and it still has lots of bugs and glitches. The routing is awful. My sims all got stuck in a doorway during a party.

After a few weeks I missed the Sims 4 and I came back to it. I tend to block or mute the overly negative people now. I have no issue with people loving the Sims 3 but the negative players that just want to compare it to the Sims 4 all the time and complain about all the things that the Sims 4 doesn’t have. I don’t need that negativity. Just let us enjoy the game.

I actually uninstalled the Sims 3 entirely, despite (now) having a computer capable of running it well. And even then it was still laggy, to the point that it just wasn't fun playing it.

The Sims 3 had the potential to be the absolute best of the franchise due to the ground-breaking new features it introdued (open world, create-a-style, colour wheel etc), but fell short due to how unstable/buggy it is - and since EA decided to just abandon it instead of fixing its issues, it's forever broken and virtually unplayable for many.
    Eh. I never had a problem playing Sims 3, and Sims 4 has given me its fair share of issues too. The game has outright froze itself and shut down on me before.

Don't talk to me about routing. My sims in 4 have just as much trouble walking around each other. One time, a group of them got stuck in place. That's probably the closest I came to yelling at my screen.

There is no such thing as a perfect game (or tech in general). I lost respect for a modder because when I had an issue with his mod, he (and his fan base) insisted his mod was flawless and proceeded to blame my issue on a mod I never heard of, and simply blocked me instead of giving help. Bugs exist in all software.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited April 2021
    I'm gonna assume this is an unpopular opinion because I've seen almost nothing but praise for this particular thing that I hate. So here it goes:

This newest update made sims eat faster and it freakin' suuuuucks! Organizing group meals has become a pain in the *** now because of how fast they finish certain foods.
  • LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    I'm gonna assume this is an unpopular opinion because I've seen almost nothing but praise for this particular thing that I hate. So here it goes:

This newest update made sims eat faster and it freakin' suuuuucks! Organizing group meals has become a pain in the *** now because of how fast they finish certain foods.

I was thinking about this after reading a few complaints. Personally I love it because I usually play one sim at a time and watching them eat and drink really gets boring. However it would be nice to have a "Enjoy a meal together" in addition to the "Call to meal" for larger groups of sims and they'd actually sit, take their time eating and enjoy conversation together.
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 715 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I don't understand why there only has to be LGBT Couples but not Straight Couples of mixed race. It seems to me that the LGBT are the majority now a days & Straights are the minority. I would love to see Straight Couple Portraits of a mixed race for a change. Fair is fair.

You're right buddy, fair is fair. There's 4 LGBT couples and 15+ straight ones. So no, LGBT are not the majority, far from it, and getting a couple pictures doesn't change that. If you want fair to be fair, we'd need to more then double the amount of LGBT couples in the game, and then go even further.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »

I agree I hate the new update my sims can’t eat and watch tv anymore as they finish their food so quickly. I can’t believe this was a “bug” that needed fixing when I never saw any complaints about it to begin with.
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited April 2021
    [quo
    KayeStar wrote: »
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    "The sims 4 sucks eggs, the sims 3 is perfect in any w-" *GUNSHOT*
    Those types of people make me feel like I'm not normal for liking to play Sims 4 sometimes

I had this feeling a while back and I went and played the Sims 3 for a while to see what I was missing since I could never play it when it was the current game and it is far from a perfect game in my opinion.

The gameplay is lovely, the graphics are also lovely when turned on max and with some tweaking in the graphics files. The open world is lovely and over all it has some very nice features and details in it that I wish were in the Sims 4 but... It still suffers from performance issues even on today’s computers and it still has lots of bugs and glitches. The routing is awful. My sims all got stuck in a doorway during a party.

After a few weeks I missed the Sims 4 and I came back to it. I tend to block or mute the overly negative people now. I have no issue with people loving the Sims 3 but the negative players that just want to compare it to the Sims 4 all the time and complain about all the things that the Sims 4 doesn’t have. I don’t need that negativity. Just let us enjoy the game.

I actually uninstalled the Sims 3 entirely, despite (now) having a computer capable of running it well. And even then it was still laggy, to the point that it just wasn't fun playing it.

The Sims 3 had the potential to be the absolute best of the franchise due to the ground-breaking new features it introdued (open world, create-a-style, colour wheel etc), but fell short due to how unstable/buggy it is - and since EA decided to just abandon it instead of fixing its issues, it's forever broken and virtually unplayable for many.
    Eh. I never had a problem playing Sims 3, and Sims 4 has given me its fair share of issues too. The game has outright froze itself and shut down on me before.

Don't talk to me about routing. My sims in 4 have just as much trouble walking around each other. One time, a group of them got stuck in place. That's probably the closest I came to yelling at my screen.

There is no such thing as a perfect game (or tech in general). I lost respect for a modder because when I had an issue with his mod, he (and his fan base) insisted his mod was flawless and proceeded to blame my issue on a mod I never heard of, and simply blocked me instead of giving help. Bugs exist in all software.

True - every game is flawed in some way. I was playing TS2 recently for the first time in years (was finally able to download the ultimate collection), and there are plenty of bugs in that game that will obviously never get fixed. Routing is an absolute nightmare. Kind of sad really.

I do hope they fix TS4's bugs before moving on to the TS5 though, instead of just abandoning it like the others.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I don't find puppies in this game all that cute.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I prefer outdoor over indoor activities for Sims. I like them being active and playing music together. There is just something nice about that bonding experience between Sims.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited April 2021
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    This forum needs adult content section. No, I don't want to hear any arguments.
    I mean there is Twitch which is 18+ and 13+ with a parent supervision. Actually one of the more welcoming places in the Sims community. modthesims.info has a lot of veteran Simmers as well and probably the most welcoming Sims forums out there. So there are places to find it. I do think the forum does need modernizing in a lot of ways and there hasn't been much advancement with it since I joined them when the Sims 4 came out. I think a lot of forum feedback gets lost in General Discussion and people forget that this is the Sims forums and not just the Sims 4 forums. I actually wouldn't mind an Urbz section either. There are NSFW mod/forum sites out there.

You would actually be surprised by this poll however. Most Simmers are adults:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/954037/just-out-of-curiosity-what-are-the-ages-of-all-the-simmers-out-there/
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    I don't find puppies in this game all that cute.

Substitute puppies for babies and you've got what I think. Sims babies have never been particularly cute, but TS4 has the ugliest ones.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited April 2021

What would an "adult section" even involve? I feel like some things can definitely be changed to be less babyfied (like some of the words that get censored on here are ridiculous) but otherwise I don't think it really needs an adult section. If you mean giving people more freedom to discuss sensitive and/or political issues I feel like it's better left as it is as that stuff only brings fights and arguments
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    I never expected The Sims 4 to be better than titles in the past, just another fun video game... Despite some lapses in judgement, it's still what I wanted, a fun video game.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

What would an "adult section" even involve? I feel like some things can definitely be changed to be less babyfied (like some of the words that get censored on here are ridiculous) but otherwise I don't think it really needs an adult section. If you mean giving people more freedom to discuss sensitive and/or political issues I feel like it's better left as it is as that stuff only brings fights and arguments

I figure they mean what counts as "adult language", as you noted, the words that are censored are beyond ridiculous, even acronyms get caught up in the algorithm. I even got called out by a person in power, for using one to vent my frustrations. Like many of the people who browse this forum are adults, I think they can handle an acronym or two. We're not babies, we don't need to be policed. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Hey, it's unpopular opinions. It doesn't matter if you agree or not.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    I have a sneaking suspicion that even if I bought all the packs (which I'll never do), the gameplay would get stale fast. I played for an hour after they added bunk beds...when was that? March? This game just does not interest me right now. I get my daily Sims gameplay from lilsimsie, and that's about it.
    My main gripe is that there's so little to do. In the base game, I mean. Become a young adult...find a girl/boyfriend...get married quickly...have kids one after the other...focus on your career until you die. Rinse and repeat. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: You should not have to buy DLC to complete an already 40 dollar game. The base game NEEDS to be able to stand on its own. It is just not good that (a) Simmers go bananas when we get a "FREE UPDATE!", (b) even people who have all the packs get bored, and (c) advice to improve gameplay starts with "You should buy this pack!"
    Anyway, that was my rant. This game annoys me a lot.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
    edited April 2021

I figure they mean what counts as "adult language", as you noted, the words that are censored are beyond ridiculous, even acronyms get caught up in the algorithm. I even got called out by a person in power, for using one to vent my frustrations. Like many of the people who browse this forum are adults, I think they can handle an acronym or two. We're not babies, we don't need to be policed. :-/
    I actually find that more childish. I mean turning Sims forums into pretty much an 8 year old Fornite player. Any halfwit can cuss. Takes some intelligence and maturity to actually be more creative with languages.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

I actually find that more childish. I mean turning Sims forums into pretty much an 8 year old Fornite player. Any halfwit can cuss. Takes some intelligence and maturity to actually be more creative with languages.

I'm just saying most of us are adults, there's nothing wrong with being allowed to cuss. People who are offended by cussing are the immature ones imho, am Australian so I'm not offended by swearing one little bit.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    edited April 2021

I'm just saying most of us are adults, there's nothing wrong with being allowed to cuss. People who are offended by cussing are the immature ones imho, am Australian so I'm not offended by swearing one little bit.
    Majority of jobs would disagree with that at least here. Actually one of the don't dos: https://www.careeraddict.com/workplace-professionalism

I think you do bring up a good point on how people like to cuss in the purpose to offend and scare others. I notice it is often used as a fear reaction. Interesting how certain language does trigger others. Good example of that is when people treated the words sheep and hater like cuss words. People will find their own versions of cuss words even with censoring. I mean I am an adult who doesn't cuss but honestly has helped with working in business. Sure it would be easy to cuss people out asking for unemployment to pay for their everyday expenses, but it would end up angering them more than actually helping them. Might not be popular, but means stable work and I have a good group of friends who I haven't scared away at least who don't cuss too. Kind of nice to be able to talk about other things instead. Why I have to tune out what I call the "noise" to get to the real meat of bug reporting too to help people with that way as well. My instant reaction is just it becomes like the Peanuts speech and I tend to ignore people who do, that's all. Like same reaction as spam calls too. Sims actually can cuss and kind of neat to see the reaction of it with other Sims with Parenthood. One of the realistic reactions I like along with the teen walk.

Personally I would rather have zagadoo back for I disagree and plumbob back for the censors. The icons just look like Simmers are spamming emoticons.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited April 2021

I feel being an adult all the moreso you should be able to bridle your tongue and not cuss at every opportunity. Its immature to not have the self control to choose yours words thoughtfully. Children are ones who just let any words fly out their mouth. I remember a convo with a friend at school she tried telling a story but used so many cuss words as filler every two seconds...it was hard to actually understand what she what she was trying to say. Ive heard studies that say you start to lose vocabulary from so much cursing and studies that say otherwise. Either way i respect more people who can get their point across without cursing but we all obviously have a choice in the matter. Thats my unpopular opinion. (But still this censor is insane)
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited April 2021

I feel being an adult all the moreso you should be able to bridle your tongue and not cuss at every opportunity. Its immature to not have the self control to choose yours words thoughtfully. Children are ones who just let any words fly out their mouth. I remember a convo with a friend at school she tried telling a story but used so many cuss words as filler every two seconds...it was hard to actually understand what she what she was trying to say. Ive heard studies that say you start to lose vocabulary from so much cursing and studies that say otherwise. Either way i respect more people who can get their point across without cursing but we all obviously have a choice in the matter. Thats my unpopular opinion. (But still this censor is insane)

I remember reading somewhere (admittedly in the 90's, so a long time ago) that some of the worst people for swearing were university professors.

I don't cuss at every opportunity, but when I use a cuss word, it's usually because it's the right word for whatever I want to say. And yes, there are indeed times when a cuss word is the right word. Usually when using more polite terms will introduce ambiguity, or diminish emphasis.

That and cussing is good for Pain Control when you drop something on your foot or pinch your finger in a door. They've tested it.

But as for the "adult" section, I like the idea, but not for a place where we don't have to deal with the word censor, but more a place where we can discuss the more mature or dark aspects of life and how that should or should not be reflected in The Sims - including mods that cannot otherwise be discussed here.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited April 2021
    being allowed to cuss doesn't mean everyone will start cussing like a sailor
    there's nothing wrong in making use of those words every now & then

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top