Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mental health and prescription medication mods

MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
Are there any mods for mental health?
I have the mods basemental and the borderline personality trait (which I have myself) but dont find treating the disorder with basemental accurate.
Are there any more accurate mods out there?
It would also be cool if there were more than just calling sadness hotline.
I love realism in my games.

Comments

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Maybe give Basemental feedback on it to make it more accurate? I'm unaware of any others though, except for the usual traits. Would be nice if there was!
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
    Maybe give Basemental feedback on it to make it more accurate? I'm unaware of any others though, except for the usual traits. Would be nice if there was!

Im going to try that!
    Thanks!
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Sacrificial just came out with a mod for being able to call a therapist (I forget what it was called, something with the word Social in it but not a Social Worker) for a visit, to help with managing negative emotions, depression that sort of thing. And there's a rehab option in one of them. Basemental maybe?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Sacrificial just came out with a mod for being able to call a therapist (I forget what it was called, something with the word Social in it but not a Social Worker) for a visit, to help with managing negative emotions, depression that sort of thing. And there's a rehab option in one of them. Basemental maybe?

Omg thanks for telling me!
    I couldn't find it anywhere on google or the website though. Is it on patreon?
    I just wish there were more mods out there about mental illness or an option on the actual game where you could see someone...
    Like a "sadness peer" rather than just calling sadness hotline.
  • xdigitalxgothxxdigitalxgothx Posts: 3 New Member
    Zero Has a mod for that, But the BPD just makes emotions more intense rather than changing rapidly (I have BPD so I know it does both IRL lol).

It adds Psychotherapy, Support Groups, and medication.

It also adds 11 Chromic Disorders that can be diagnosed to your Sim: ADHD, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder, Borderline, Clinical Depression, Dependent Personality, Eating Disorder, Gender Dysphoria, Narcissistic Disorder, OCD, Schizoid.

And 2 not Chronic ones: PTSD and General Depression

You can cheat to add the disorders but you can also book a diagnosis appointment and they will assign one that is mostly based on traits (but is also kinda random). Also maybe it's just me but I get this glitch where once I had BPD I can't add Bipolar Disorder so beware of that, but if you have MCC you can use it to add the hidden trait for Bipolar as well.

It's on Patreon but it is free, I highly recommend reading the full description, Zero also has an HRT (hormone Replacement Therapy) mod for the gender dysphoria in this one but you don't have to have that HRT mod for this one to work

https://www.patreon.com/posts/41976388
    Zero Has a mod for that, But the BPD just makes emotions more intense rather than changing rapidly (I have BPD so I know it does both IRL lol).

It adds Psychotherapy, Support Groups, and medication.

It also adds 11 Chromic Disorders that can be diagnosed to your Sim: ADHD, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder, Borderline, Clinical Depression, Dependent Personality, Eating Disorder, Gender Dysphoria, Narcissistic Disorder, OCD, Schizoid.

And 2 not Chronic ones: PTSD and General Depression

You can cheat to add the disorders but you can also book a diagnosis appointment and they will assign one that is mostly based on traits (but is also kinda random). Also maybe it's just me but I get this glitch where once I had BPD I can't add Bipolar Disorder so beware of that, but if you have MCC you can use it to add the hidden trait for Bipolar as well.

It's on Patreon but it is free, I highly recommend reading the full description, Zero also has an HRT (hormone Replacement Therapy) mod for the gender dysphoria in this one but you don't have to have that HRT mod for this one to work

https://www.patreon.com/posts/41976388

Thank you for your response!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I also created a mental health "support group" by using the clubs function. The Sims get together and have deep conversations, read self-help books, and journal about their problems.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I also created a mental health "support group" by using the clubs function. The Sims get together and have deep conversations, read self-help books, and journal about their problems.

That's a wonderful idea!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I do know that the latest Slice of Life incorporated a house-call type of play wherein your Sim can invite a doctor to visit their home. The doctor can be for illness or mental health. Unfortunately, this version came out just prior to the March 23 patch and so far isn't updated. KwaiiStacie is the modder.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    I do know that the latest Slice of Life incorporated a house-call type of play wherein your Sim can invite a doctor to visit their home. The doctor can be for illness or mental health. Unfortunately, this version came out just prior to the March 23 patch and so far isn't updated. KwaiiStacie is the modder.

Thank you!
  • bionicdessertsbionicdesserts Posts: 320 Member
    This person made different kinds of medications. It's a pretty old mod and the creator hasn't posted in a while so hopefully they still work.
  • redroses16redroses16 Posts: 8 New Member
    YourFalseHope on patreon (https://www.patreon.com/YourFalseHope) has mental health mods that are pretty interesting. Mental health disorders are added as traits, and sims can book online therapy sessions too.