Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Pelican Town to Sims Town" - A Stardew Valley, Sims 3 Fanfic

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @meerkattime Hey chica. :) Thanks for the sweet comments. <3 I'm glad you enjoyed it. :mrgreen:
    Yep, Maru kicked Alex's butt. :p (And he's definitely a sore loser. :lol: ) In a way I had to do it...But really it illustrates how awesome Alex thinks he is when he's pretty good at sports, but not Pro material (like he thinks). That's the vibe I got from playing Stardew Valley and talking with him and the other characters.
    I underestimated her! She's actually nice and even trying to make things ok between them. I wouldn't have thought I'd see her apologize to him :o .
    Haley is talking so nicely to Shane that it's hard to believe she's the same girl as before. And to think she shared a secret with him she hasn't apparently even told her sister :o .
    ^Yep. That was kind of surprising huh? ;)
    That scene was the beginning of some character development with Haley. :) In Stardew Valley she's this giant snob - like you've all come to know in my story as well ;) - but as you get to know her better and the seasons go by in the game, she becomes a better person. There will still be moments of course where she acts like a Diva. :lol: It's her personality.
    I like to think that this whole experience of being thrown into another world and having to rely on each other, is helping all 12 of them grow for the better in some way or another. :)
    Poor Maru. Now she's interested in another taken man and if that keeps going on, she might break her heart again... Unless Alex can't get her off his mind either...
    ^Indeed. :smirk: I love how insightful you are when I read some of your comments. There have been times that you knew exactly what was going to happen. :blush: 👍
    Ok, I just read your replies to Bekkasan and Tamijo. Makes more sense :) .
    ^Yay. :blush:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Just found your story. It is fantastic! I love Stardew Valley & I really love The Sims 3. Keep up the great work!
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
    Destin2016 wrote: »
    Just found your story. It is fantastic! I love Stardew Valley & I really love The Sims 3. Keep up the great work!

Thank you @Destin2016 ! :blush:
    Posting a couple of short scenes here before I go on to write the big, concluding scene to Chapter 13. :mrgreen:

Enjoy! <3

Pelican Town to Sims Town
    Continuation of Chapter 13

That evening, Alex, Haley, Shane, Emily, Maru, Abigail, Elliott and Leah sat together at the table for dinner.

51069398563_c1c6527dab_c.jpg

Leah cooked up chicken parmesan with salad and it was quite the hit, especially with Elliott who didn’t hesitate to express it with an “Mmm” after every other bite. Maru shot Alex a few uncomfortable glances - although trying hard not to look uncomfortable - mostly staying silent throughout the meal conversations. Alex cracked a smile at her every time her eyes met his. He really had a nice smile.

51070097181_7c3bd4f878_c.jpg

She couldn’t help wondering if he had felt similar feelings to hers earlier while he had her pinned down underneath the goal. If he had, he most likely brushed them off easy because he was dating another woman whom he’d loved for years. Watching him with his arm around Haley and laughing with her, she could honestly see that love for her in his eyes. It helped her come to the conclusion that what she felt truly had just been the result of a spontaneous heated moment. I mean, how could two people of the opposite sex not feel some kind of arousal landing in that position, regardless of whether they were single or not? Logical, Maru simply ended her thoughts with and ignored the happy couple as she finished her meal.

After dinner, Haley and Alex retreated to her bedroom where she playfully pushed him onto her bed, pounced on him like a tiger, and initiated a long make-out session.

51070097196_7fc7c4b5c3_c.jpg

Alex rather enjoyed it, especially when she pulled off his shirt followed by her own. He grinned brightly at the beautiful sight in front of him.

“This is your reward for your victory my sexy soldier,” she said with a seductive look.

51070195502_5f27bc465d_c.jpg

Alex’s smile flattened, giving her a look of confusion. “What victory?” He hadn’t told her he lost to Maru yet - as it was still a little painful - and because she didn’t ask him about it earlier like he expected he just assumed she didn’t really care and would mention it later. I mean, what else could she be referring to?
    Now Haley gave him a look of confusion. “You know...for beating Maru at the soccer game.”
    “I didn’t beat her...she beat me.”
    “What!?” she gaped.
    “Yeah...she kicked my trash. I still can’t believe it.”
    “That’s not what she told me!”
    “What?”
    “Yeah! She was looking all tired after the match and I asked her if you kicked her butt and her exact words were, ‘Yeah, he did.’”
    Alex’s brow furrowed. “Why would she say that? I’m not kidding, and I’m not proud to admit it either, but she roasted me!”
    “Seriously!?” Haley asked with a scrunched nose. “How!? Did you go easy on her or something?”
    “No!”
    “Then how in the world did she beat you?”
    “She’s way better at soccer than I initially thought apparently. And she’s one heck of a goalie. I bet that’s the position she played back in the day. She blocked ALL my kicks so I couldn’t make a single goal. It felt like I was playing against a Pro!”
    “Wow…”
    “Yeah…,” he sighed. “So I don’t understand why she would tell you I won the game.”
    “Who knows,” she casually shrugged. “Maybe she thought I wouldn’t believe her and,” she snickered, “I probably wouldn’t have!”

Alex then sat up from the bed, unable to not think deeply on the matter. More and more Maru was turning into an egghead he couldn’t crack. Guess she didn’t want to talk about it since she seemed pretty weirded out by me holding her down like that. A smile played across his lips. It was kinda nice, his voice faintly said in the very back of his mind. He almost said she looked beautiful too, but he had to push those thoughts away. But it wasn’t SO awkward that she’d lie about winning. I mean, that girl is just as competitive as me! You’d think she’d love to tell the whole world she beat me at a game. It doesn’t make any sense…

51070195492_64d0ddcc74_c.jpg

Haley was losing patience with him and his thoughts quickly and expressed as much. He apologized and soon she had him back down on the bed with her on top, picking up where they left off.

It felt glorious of course, but he was finding it hard to enjoy as much as he usually did.

Ever since her conversation with Donna, Abigail had been hard at work finding the answers to all the questions and concerns she had about her magical abilities.

51070195467_713c11f32c_c.jpg

She decided to test herself by seeing how long she could go without using her magic. It seemed necessary to do in order to properly learn how to control it. Because whether she liked it or not she had to learn to restrain it, possibly for days on end depending on whatever life situation she found herself in back home, even if her body and soul didn’t like it. She knew there was a way to do it that would curb the nasty side effects and was determined to figure it out. Since Rasmodius doesn’t want to help me...sc’rew him! It was hard not to feel angry and neglected by the one person who was just like her and that was something else she’d forever have to learn to control; her emotions. For they and her magic worked hand in hand.

It seemed like such a great idea at the time, but she was soon to discover that it wasn’t.

The first five days she got by pretty well suppressing her magic; normally she couldn’t get past two until she started feeling a little shaky. During that time she studied many different meditative and breathing techniques and did them every day. She was really beginning to feel like they were helping!

51070097126_6305391c3b_c.jpg

However by day seven she woke up to an aching body and her hands trembled uncontrollably. Her internal magic meter was in the red, over-pressurized, and about to burst. Gosh I feel like a freaking drug addict needing a fix, she muttered to herself. What would be worse in her parents - especially her father’s - eyes? Revealing she has magical abilities or looking like she’s going through drug withdrawal? “Ugh!” she huffed, slapping a palm to her forehead. “I can’t win!”

She lowered her head, realizing she was losing in her efforts - again - when she greatly hoped she’d come out victorious this time. What was wrong with her? Don’t cry, she ordered herself, try meditating one more time, for longer this time, and maybe, just maybe, you’ll be able to hold it off for a few more days. Her will was strong, but her body was failing. You can do this! You’ve come so far already.

The meditation didn’t go well. All she felt was pain from her powers poking at her fingertips, begging to be released throughout it all.

When lunch rolled around, Emily made a nice garden salad for all the ladies present and Abigail never felt more hungry. She rapidly consumed it like she hadn’t eaten in days, ignoring and not caring about Haley’s criticizing side glances at her.

When everyone was done they hung out at the table and chatted for a bit while Abigail refused to make eye contact with any of them, lost in a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions that she was gradually losing control over. It was very upsetting.

51070097116_836342fdc4_c.jpg

She held her arms tightly around her waist so as not to reveal her trembling arms, trying to figure out what to do next.

Penny couldn’t help noticing her distress and unintentionally interrupted the current conversation by asking, “Are you okay Abby?”
    It took a few seconds for Abigail to realize that all eyes were focused on her. “Oh...what?” she blinked.
    “You okay?” Penny tenderly asked again.
    “Uhh…” Oh boy...what do I say? UGH! I can’t take this any longer! she finally decided. I've gotta get out of here! “Actually no, not really,” she replied, standing up from the chair. “I just need some time alone to myself.” And with that she promptly left the house.

51070097111_b291a7b1c5_c.jpg

“Off to the graveyard she goes...,” Haley mumbled while picking something out from under her nail.
    “Be nice,” Emily reminded her.

The truth was, they all knew that’s exactly where Abigail was going because that’s where she always went for solitude back home. None of them could ever understand it, but they had come to respect it; except for Haley who just found it strange.

No doubt there had been a change in Abigail’s demeanor lately and neither of the ladies knew how to approach her about it.

51069398493_094a35b1e2_c.jpg

To be continued... :)
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill I was surprised and happy to find the update while looking at the forums this morning and drinking my coffee. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Your pictures compliment the story so well.
    I love seeing the little bit of tension going on between Alex and Maru at the table. He is really seeing her in a new light.
    Maru talking herself out of enjoying her feelings for him. Fantasy never hurt a girl! :grin:
    Aha, Haley spilled it that Maru told her she lost to him. That'll confuse him even more. Love it! Fantasy never hurts a boy either. :grin:
    Sheesh, when is Abigail going to accept she needs to embrace her magical side rather than try to suppress it. No wonder she is miserable all the time.
    Getting some control is a good idea but totally suppressing it is a bad one.
    I wonder why not one of the women went after her to try and talk with her? She really does need someone other than a ghost to talk to. Where are you Sebastian!! :wink: Gosh, even Harvey as he would be the most accepting one of all of them to help her other than Sebastian who I figure loves her.
    I feel so bad for her! :cry:
    Loved the update! When is the next part coming? Later today????
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Good to see Shane sitting at the table with everyone else. :)

Where are Harvey, Penny, and Sam, by the way?

Uhm... Haley has a nice smile too. <3:mrgreen: (cheers)
    Uh oh, Alex found out Maru told Haley he won. (tension builds)

I was going to mention Abigail's different outfits, but then I read this was over 5 days, so you're good. :D She looks wonderful, too.

Penny is exploring her fashion and hair sense, I love it, she's (you're) doing great. :)

Abigail said she wanted to be alone for a while, so that's probably why nobody followed her. Also they didn't know what to say. As a guy I'd just say its "that time" but I don't know how you ladies do it. :#
    I hope she stops supressing and lets it out before it explodes and something bad happens. (Insert "Let It Go" song here) LOL
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

@emorrill
    Logical
    I love how her scientific and intellectual mindset attempt to analyse out of the fact that there were “sparkles”, although deep inside she knows they were there.

Amazing sequence with Haley telling Alex that Maru lied about the result and what it triggers in his mind. As he says himself an egghead he can’t crack – a mystery that makes her even more attractive on top of the development we have seen earlier.

Oh great – her magic ability enforces a pressure to come out, to the point of physical discomfort – brilliant turn of direction in the story. She is at the point of a full breakdown it seems.

As always unbelievable high quality story as well as illustrations – looking forward to you next update
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
    @bekkasan I was glad to surprise you and fill you with happy this morning. :kissing_heart:
    Your pictures compliment the story so well.
    ^Thank you. <3 Sometimes I wonder if all the effort I put into them is really worth it. ;)
    Maru talking herself out of enjoying her feelings for him. Fantasy never hurt a girl! :grin:
    Aha, Haley spilled it that Maru told her she lost to him. That'll confuse him even more. Love it! Fantasy never hurts a boy either. :grin:
    ^Ha ha I love it! :lol: (It's true :smirk: )
    Abigail embraces her magic, but she unwillingly tries to learn to surpress it because of how society is back home... :( The mental aspect of having to keep her abilities secret is what's making her so miserable. (You'll find out more about that in the next part. ;) )
    Getting some control is a good idea but totally suppressing it is a bad one.
    ^Yeah. As Kevin mentioned we all saw how that worked out for Elsa in Frozen... :neutral:
    I wonder why not one of the women went after her to try and talk with her?
    ^It's cause she said she wanted to be alone, but you can bet Emily and Penny really wanted to reach out to her, but wanted to respect her wish as well.
    Where are you Sebastian!! :wink:
    ^I know, where is he!?!? ;):p
    True about Harvey. <3
    I know your heart aches for Abigail, even mine does. <3 I really hope to be able to post the conclusion by tomorrow night at the latest! :kissing_heart: Thanks for all the sweet comments.

@KevinL5275 Yes it is nice to see Shane at the table with everyone else. :blush:
    Harvey, Penny, Sam and Sebastian were hanging out at the guy's house. ;)
    I'm glad you think Abigail looks pretty too. :blush:
    Penny is exploring her fashion and hair sense, I love it, she's (you're) doing great. :)
    ^She is. :blush: Having a man in her life has given her more confidence. <3 Thanks!
    Abigail said she wanted to be alone for a while, so that's probably why nobody followed her. Also they didn't know what to say. As a guy I'd just say its "that time" but I don't know how you ladies do it. :#
    ^Yep. And I can tell you that it's not that time of the month for Abby. Or maybe it could be...LOL! I don't think about that when writing my stories. :joy: (Unless it's part of the story. :p )
    I hope she stops suppressing and lets it out before it explodes and something bad happens. (Insert "Let It Go" song here) LOL
    ^LOL! :joy: Right!?
    That's kinda what I didn't like about the movie Frozen...I thought her parents were very much in the wrong to teach her to "conceal don't feel" but then again - and as I look at my own story - when society is a certain way...I can see it was done out of loving protection, not to be damaging. With the best of intentions, but it really wasn't the best thing. Anyway... :p
    You might see Abby go full on Elsa in the next part. :smirk::p We'll see what exactly happens!)
    Thank you for the sweet comments. <3

@Tamijo
    I love how her scientific and intellectual mindset attempt to analyse out of the fact that there were “sparkles”, although deep inside she knows they were there.
    ^Thank you. :blush: And yep. :)
    (I may have had the image of Spock pop into my head when I typed "Logical." :lol: )
    Yep...Alex is kinda dumbfounded. :p
    Yeah Abby is very much on the edge of the breaking point. :neutral:
    As always unbelievable high quality story as well as illustrations – looking forward to you next update
    ^Thank you for that very sweet compliment. <3 I can't wait to post the rest for all of you. I'm legit shaking with excitement. :mrgreen:
    Hey everyone. <3

Oh how tirelessly I worked in the past 48 hours to bring this epic conclusion of Chapter 13 to y'all so I didn't leave y'all hanging on a cliff for too long. ;) And maybe I was dying to write it because I've been waiting months to finally be able to and I'm super excited to share it with you. :mrgreen:

It was a bit of a struggle to portray how it all played out in my head in the game, but I did the best I could. *wipes brow* 😅 (You get to see my mad photo editing skills again! :lol: It's been a while. :p )

Anyway, I hope you will greatly enjoy it. I can't wait to hear your thoughts about it! :blush: Thanks always for reading and for your support everyone. <3

Conclusion of Chapter 13

Abigail ran as fast as she could to the privacy of the graveyard, sweating and panting heavily. Not just from exertion, but from endurance. When she arrived, she rested her hands on her knees to catch her breath, her arms still trembling. Drawing in a breath and accepting what she needed to do, she gradually released her magic in short little bursts.

51006000450_7f5b0a6fc4_c.jpg

“Ahh,” she breathed, tilting her head back and closing her eyes. It felt so good. Like soaking in a hot bath or getting a deep tissue massage, but also felt so liberating. For a moment she felt happiness coming back to her, but just as soon as it arrived it was trampled on by anger and frustration. Because her thoughts immediately turned back to the Wizard and his disregard towards her.

“You happy now Rasmodius!?” she called out to the sky.

51075283312_667d8b2c6d_c.jpg

Whether he heard her or not, she had some things to say and get off her chest. “I did what you basically told me to do with your silence; figure this all out on my own. Well I did that and guess what happened? Another failure.” She lowered her head and clenched her fists, trying so hard not to get too upset, but the bottle had cracked and it was now more difficult to contain. “This is what I’ve been trying to tell you! I’m missing something here with all this magic stuff and I NEED your help!”

51074486873_970b4787bd_c.jpg

Still needing to release some magic, she shot a fireball at a nearby tree branch, then immediately doused it with a burst of ice, hoping that would ease some of the deeply suppressed anger and hurt that was rapidly surfacing. It did a little, and it sure felt mighty good enough for her to want to release more of it; however she darn well pleased. She was tired of holding things back.

51074486888_788a891391_c.jpg

“You know,” she went on, “it’s bad enough that I have to live with the fact that my dad feels like I’m not really his daughter because I’m so different from him. Do you know how painful that’s been for me to live with? Especially to overhear him saying that to other people!” This time she cast a ball of energy at one of the stone wall post caps by the lake, blasting the sphere into tiny pieces.

51006000725_17f6c6ffbd_c.jpg

“And then my mom always brings up how she misses my beautiful chestnut brown hair and how she wishes I’d stop dying it purple, well guess what? I’m NOT dying it purple! Ever since I discovered my magical abilities and began exploring them, my hair has turned more and more purple, I dunno why. But you see I can’t TELL her that!” A tear escaped her angry eyes as she turned and blasted another sphere into pieces.

51075283402_1f3151a998_c.jpg

“Then,” she hissed, the emotions building, “I live in this tiny a$$ town where magic is abhorred and practically forbidden that there’s no place I can freely express it except in the freaking graveyard where...I never really wanted to be! Anywhere else that’s secluded, like the caves, is too dangerous.” Her breath turned into seething. “So most of the time I've had to bottle it all up, pretend to be a normal girl, but I’m NOT a normal girl! Magic is a part of me and I’m TIRED of hiding it! Tired of not being able to show the world who I really am! It’s not right!”

51075283422_a338dced82_c.jpg

She blasted another sphere.

“I refuse to live out the rest of my days in a tower in the forest like you just because of expressing who I really am.” She glared. “I don’t want to be torn away from everyone I love simply because society deems my gift as ‘wicked.’ And speaking of,” she sniffed, a deeper emotion coming out, “I want to tell Sebastian about my gift so badly! I love him and I want him to know everything about me. I feel like I've been lying to him and it's killing me. But at the same time," she shook her head, "I don’t want to burden him with it. Make him feel like he’s gotta cover for me for the rest of his life even when he’s a sweetie and I know he would gladly do it for me. But the bottom line is, magic bearer or not, no one should have to live like that. No one should have to live in fear because of who they are. Or feel like they can’t truly express themselves in the world. It stupid! And it’s not how God ever intended for us to live!” She almost blasted another sphere to bits, but restrained herself. Instead she gripped at her hair, hyperventilating, feeling like pulling it out.

51074486958_e8ced113d6_c.jpg

Meanwhile, Sebastian skipped on up to the ladies front door and knocked. His heart was pounding in a nervously excited way. He decided it was finally time to share his deepest feelings with Abigail and hopefully take their relationship to the next level. Watching everyone else hooking up all around them, made the desire poke at him all the more. It was beyond time in his mind. He was feeling pretty confident that life was about to get a whole lot better.

He smoothed out his jacket and ran his fingers through his hair just before Emily answered the door.
    “Hey Sebastian,” she greeted. “Come on in.”
    “Thanks,” he said as he did so. “Where’s Abby?”
    “Oh darn you just missed her. We’re pretty sure she headed off to the graveyard.”
    “Graveyard?” he questioned. It’s been a while since she’s gone there…

51074487138_e49feea766_c.jpg

“Yeah. She seemed pretty distressed; said she needed time to herself. But I get the feeling something’s really wrong with her Sebastian. She hasn’t been herself lately.”

51074486963_7b9fd40799_c.jpg

Sebastian honestly noticed a little of that too, but it didn’t matter at the moment. “Hmm,” he mumbled in thought, his heart longing to ease whatever might be troubling his girl. “I’ll go find her and make sure she’s alright.”
    Emily nodded.

He didn’t waste any time jumping back on his motorcycle to find Abigail.

51074486993_e0d6d33814_c.jpg

It didn’t take him long to find the graveyard as he figured it would be a ways out of town, most likely nestled on a hill. Wow, he thought as he parked his motorcycle, this is the prettiest graveyard I’ve ever seen. Much nicer, and less creepy, than the one back home!

51075283492_2d002970ef_c.jpg

He started along the stone path which he hoped would lead him right to Abigail.

When he found her standing near the pond his eyes lit up, and just as he was about to call out to her he noticed that she was talking to...herself? With curiosity, he crouched behind the nearest bush and watched her for a moment, listening. It was difficult to hear what she was saying with the fountain running a few feet behind him.

51074487058_6eb336dc0e_c.jpg

“I know you understand how I feel,” Abigail continued to the Wizard, “so why are you neglecting me?” A lump began to form in her throat. “Sc’rew whatever rules you have in place for this quest and just...talk to me.”

51006000695_1387cc2000_c.jpg

Maybe Rasmodius was seriously considering it.

Obviously there was no response and as much as Abigail expected that, she couldn’t stand for it any longer. Her anger returned...with a vengeance.

“Are you SERIOUSLY never going to talk to me again!?” she yelled at him, throwing her hands in the air. “What gives!? I know you can! You spoke to me and guided me through extinguishing that fire I started, yet you don’t seem to give a d**n about guiding me now when I need you more than ever! Why!?”

Silence.

“ANSWER ME!” she shouted…

51075283532_1b4526e325_c.jpg

...ready to blow a wall post to smithereens this time, not just the cap sphere. Then she froze, an idea brewing. The barrier. Yeeeah, she thought with a mischievous and cunning grin, staring at the palm of her hand and flexing her fingers. I’ll just blast my magic at it. That’ll get his attention for sure. She was done with whatever game he was playing and maybe she wanted to show him - and assure herself - just how powerful she really is.

What is she doing? Sebastian thought with squinted eyes. Part of him wanted to just approach her, but another part of him didn’t want to embarrass her because he caught her talking to herself. More than that though, something about her demeanor felt strange, creating an ominous feeling within himself. It worried him.

Abigail planted her feet in the ground and glared upwards into the sky, allowing all the anger, frustration, hurt, and sadness she’d kept withheld for years consume her. It fueled her magic to the max and she could feel it building through the veins in her arms and hands. It craved to be released at its highest capacity; to give her whatever she desired.

51075179976_c9b4088bc0_c.jpg

Breathing heavily now, she threw her arms into the air and screamed as she released an epic burst of electrical energy straight up into the sky, penetrating the clouds and barrier within seconds.

51075283267_8cb59e3b9e_c.jpg

Sebastian’s mouth fell and his eyes widened at the sight. His entire being froze in shock, except for his pounding heart.

51075283257_5fa7971ef6_c.jpg

“NOOOO!” Rasmodius cried from trillions of miles away, stretching both hands over the cauldron and quickly channeling all his magic into a single spell as well. It wasn’t the barrier he was worried about.

The force from Abigail’s mile high beam clouded the sky and created a whirlwind around her that gradually expanded all throughout the immediate area. Sebastian lowered his face into his elbow to shield his eyes from all the dirt and dead grass it kicked up. He then watched Abigail’s hair flapping in the wind as she stood strong, eyes glowing, tirelessly keeping the beam going for whatever reason. He followed it up into the heavens and was mesmerized by this power he never knew she had.

But when he noticed a force from the barrier quickly pushing her beam back down towards her, his heart nearly stopped.

51074486803_467fa8eff5_c.jpg

He raced over to her, stumbling in his urgency, getting as close to her as the fierce wind would allow. “ABBY!” he shouted. But she couldn’t hear him; too consumed by her emotions and magic.

The deflection was getting closer and closer and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

“ABBY!” he shouted even louder, tears filling his eyes. He was living a nightmare.

He thought he witnessed a flickering, transparent green shield suddenly form around her, but that was quickly forgotten as the deflection crashed down onto her, shocking her body like a bolt of lightning.

51006000355_d219c7f1ea_c.jpg

Sebastian watched in terror as her spasming body absorbed it all. Then in one final shock it was gone. Abigail’s eyes rolled into her head as her body fell to the ground.

Back home, the Wizard’s body hit the floor as well.

The wind dispersed.

“Abby!” Sebastian cried as he fell down at her side, checking her neck for a pulse. “No no no no no no no...oh please God no!” He could hardly breathe. This wasn’t happening.

51075283182_f6a872dbf8_c.jpg

Her pulse was faint and he knew he only had a very short amount of time to get her help. “You’ll be okay Abby,” he sobbed as he picked her body up. “You’re gonna be okay. I gotcha. Hang on!”

51074486748_d5650748c1_c.jpg

He ran as fast as he could carrying her limp body towards the parking lot.

Once there he abruptly stopped before his motorcycle, realizing there was no way he was going to get Abigail to Harvey on that thing. Dam’mit!

51075179561_b010fe77d8_c.jpg

So that’s when he started running down the road with all the determination in the world. He feared Abigail wouldn’t make it by the time he reached the house, but he wasn’t going to let that happen. He prayed harder than he ever prayed before.

51075179546_cfd33dec13_c.jpg

Thankfully at the bottom of the hill, he found a cab - being driven by an android - and called out to it. It stopped and he carefully laid Abigail’s lifeless body down in the backseat before taking shotgun.
    “Where to?” the android asked.
    “Home. The guy’s house. Quickly!” Sebastian replied, hoping the android knew how to get there because he sure didn’t. His sense of direction was lost right now anyway.

Please don’t let her die God. Not here, not now. I need her. Don’t take her away from me!

I love her.

Back in the forest outside of Pelican Town, in a lone stony tower, the Wizard Rasmodius struggled to get back up onto his feet. When he did, he rested his hands upon the cauldron to steady himself as he watched the current event unfolding within: Sebastian carrying Abigail in his arms, rushing to get her help. He closed his eyes in relief, knowing she was in good hands. “Man that girl is a stubborn one,” he panted, shaking his head. “Resilient. Just like someone else I know…” He cracked a little smile.

Just then there was a light knock at the door. The man froze. He didn’t need to answer the door to know who it was, he’d recognize that presence from anywhere.

The woman behind the door must’ve known because she tentatively let herself in, closing the door behind her without saying a word.

51075283127_4c53c6434f_t.jpg

He didn’t turn to greet her. “What are you doing here? Won’t your husband be furious?”
    There was a pause. “He doesn’t know I’m here.”
    Rasmodius shook his head then sighed. “What is it you want?”

51074486678_59467b86cc_t.jpg

The woman stepped closer, hoping he’d turn and look at her, but he didn’t. “I miss Abigail. Pierre and I both do. It’s been almost two months,” she choked with a mother’s sorrow and concern. “I just want to make sure that she’s alright.”
    Rasmodius’s chest tightened and a thickness developed in his throat. “She’s fine. She’s a strong girl.”
    “Yes she is,” Caroline agreed with a tearful smile. Then it faded. “Rasmodius...why are you doing this?”
    “I have my reasons,” he simply answered.
    “Don’t give me that!” she snipped. “Anything that concerns my--” she stopped, closing her eyes and correcting herself, “Abby, I need to know about! I’m her mother!”

51006000240_2bc457eb15_t.jpg

He lowered his head.
    “Why did you really send them there?”

It took him a couple of seconds to answer, but when he did, he finally turned his head to look her straight in the eye. “To give them the opportunity to have what I never got to have.”

Caroline’s eyes welled up with even more tears as she lowered her gaze in remorse, nodding in understanding.

“Now,” he turned back to the cauldron, “if there’s nothing else you wish to say...then leave.”

51074486678_59467b86cc_t.jpg

Caroline wiped away her tears and turned for the door, unable to not look back at him. She’d said it what seemed like a million times before, but she had to say it again. “I’m so sorry Rasmodius,” she sniffed. “For everything…”

He hoped she was also referring to something very important that she never revealed to him, but in all honesty he couldn’t fault her too much for it; because he knew why.

“I know you said there’s nothing you can do to bring them back, that it’s up to them now,” she continued, “but I know you can intervene when necessary.” There was a pause. “If she runs into any trouble...please protect her.”
    “You have my word,” he said with sincerity, turning his head in her direction, but not making eye contact again.
    That told her he knew and it made her chest tighten all the more. “Thank you,” she whispered, wishing to say so much more before opening the door, but knowing it wouldn’t change anything.

When the door closed, Rasmodius rubbed at his forehead, once again having to painfully put away his feelings again every time he saw her face. Even after 21 years it still wasn’t easy.

Caroline descended the steps slowly, holding a hand to her mouth and the other to her aching heart, sobbing. Once again mourning over what could have been. Or rather, what should have been.

:blush:

A/N: I wanted to end this Chapter - particularly the last scene - with a song. <3 Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ1X1DO5w1Y

@emorrill I was so happy to see you were able to finish and post the update.
    It was fantastic and wow...awesome surprises and even more questions to answer. Talk about a cliff hanger! Duh!!
    The pictures of Abigail releasing her magic and her yelling at the wizard are perfect.
    She is totally right that she should not have to hide who she is because some of the silly villages fear anything that is different.
    I was so happy to see Sebastian come looking for her.
    I'm glad he got there in time to see her and help her. Love the shocked expression on his face.
    The beam and counter beam were very impressive.
    Your mad skills in paint are very impressive!
    Turned out to be a good thing he showed up since she collapsed.
    oh my! The conversation between the Wizard and Caroline was so revealing and yet you didn't specifically answer the obvious question. Is he her Father? He's got purple hair! She's got purple hair! OMG. I can only deduce what seems to be the truth from the conversation and the fact she doesn't look like her Dad and her hair is not dyed!
    Sebastian is so strong and his love will help her recover. The wizard would be more upset if she was in danger. :grin:
    I knew Sebastian would love her even knowing about the magic. :smiley:
    LOVE :heart: the song you picked.
    emorrill wrote: »

51074486888_788a891391_c.jpg

51075179976_c9b4088bc0_c.jpg

Oh my gosh, these two pictures of Abby are just incredible. Great camera work in capturing her expressions Emily! Anyone who says Sims3 has no emotions is just delusional.

Looks like Bekkasan has it right, Rasmodius is her father. (dun dun dun)

"I miss your chestnut brown hair" says the woman with GREEN hair. LOL

Go Sebastian!! Save your woman! You got this!

PS: Love his motorcycle too, and the realization on his face when it wouldn't seat both of them.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    @bekkasan
    I was so happy to see you were able to finish and post the update.
    It was fantastic and wow...awesome surprises and even more questions to answer. Talk about a cliff hanger! Duh!!
    ^*Squeal!* Thank you so much. <3:mrgreen:<3
    Sorry to throw out another cliffhanger, but I figured Sebastian figuring out about her magic powers would help alleviate that. ;)
    I knew you would get excited about Sebastian going after her. :mrgreen:
    The beam and counter beam were very impressive.
    Your mad skills in paint are very impressive!
    ^Thank you, and thank you. :kissing_heart: That's always good to hear. I try hard to not make it look lame. :lol: I sure with I had Photoshop sometimes, but it looks complicated.
    Turned out to be a good thing he showed up since she collapsed.
    ^Ditto. :star:
    oh my! The conversation between the Wizard and Caroline was so revealing and yet you didn't specifically answer the obvious question. Is he her Father? He's got purple hair! She's got purple hair! OMG.
    ^ :mrgreen: I loved your reaction here SO much that I was practically shaking with excitement. :mrgreen: (And you were so thoughtful to put it in a Spoiler for the others. :kissing_heart: Even though it probably would've been okay if you didn't.) It was my intention for the readers to stop and be like, "Wait...is the Wizard her dad??? NO WAY!?" :smiley: I suceeded. :blush:
    But yes...he is her biological father. :blush:
    When I was playing the game and had my character chat with the Wizard for a bit, he revealed to me that he suspected that someone in town is his daughter. I got all intrigued and was like, "Ooooohhh! What's that story all about!?" :grin:
    I had to find out right away so I did some research and found this from the Stardew Valley Wiki in the Wizard's section:
    The Wizard suspects that one of the villagers is his daughter, asking you not to tell anyone. Dialogues with Caroline, Pierre, and Abigail heavily imply that this refers to Abigail herself.
    Now, most players speculate that it is Abigail based on all the clues given that I illustrated in this scene. :) Some feel it is Jas, but I think about that and very much disagree. Cause that would mean that Jas's mother had a relationship with the Wizard, yet Shane ends up caring for her after her death because he's the Godfather. ? I dunno...to me something doesn't add up there. Others also feel it might be Emily because of her intuitive gifts and I disagree with that also. But I respect that other players feel differently.
    Sebastian's love for her will definitely help her move forward in life in a more healthy way. Who knows, maybe she, Sebastian, and even the Wizard will be the pioneers in bringing magic back to the town and show that's nothing to fear. <3
    I knew you would like the song I picked. :blush:
    Thank you for the sweet comments. <3 I'm glad to see how much you loved it. :blush:

@KevinL5275
    Oh my gosh, these two pictures of Abby are just incredible. Great camera work in capturing her expressions Emily! Anyone who says Sims3 has no emotions is just delusional.
    ^Thank you kindly my friend. <3
    And ditto...I've never understood why anyone would say that either. Even Sims 2 sims can have some pretty emotional face expressions.
    Looks like Bekkasan has it right, Rasmodius is her father. (dun dun dun)
    *dun dun DUN* indeed! :smirk: But yes, The Wizard is her biological father. :)
    (I'm working on a way to incorporate that love story into the story. ;) )
    "I miss your chestnut brown hair" says the woman with GREEN hair. LOL
    ^Right!? :lol: That's what I was thinking!
    Some Stardew players - who believe Abby is the Wizard's daughter, based on what I mentioned to bekkasan above - think that Caroline also possesses magic, thus why she has the green hair. However, my thinking is, if that was the case then she'd be more understanding towards Abby's hair changing color. Then again...maybe it was a way for Caroline to hide who Abigail really is from the rest of the world? Because I'm sure she wonders how much from her father she inherited. I dunno. :) It's fun trying to piece it all together.
    I'm glad you and bekkasan liked Sebastian's shocked expression. :mrgreen: A lucky pose I was able to find. I probably could've used the in game animations, but sometimes she need the sim to sit still (which is one reason I love poses) while you're setting everything up. 👍
    Thank you for the comments. :blush:

**Did any of you happen to notice that Abby's hair color changed after she got hit with the blast?** :mrgreen:

**Did any of you happen to notice that Abby's hair color changed after she got hit with the blast?** :mrgreen:

Yes!!! But I didn't realize it was a thing. I thought it was "normal." :o
  • CarbonCoffee14CarbonCoffee14 Posts: 21 Member
    As a huge fan of both Stardew Valley and Sims, this is awesome! The characters are so accurate to how they look in SV

@emorrill I noticed it, but thought it was just your graphics which I know you complain about. I know my game does weird things to hair sometimes depending on the sun, the shadows, windows, the clothes, the other sim, etc. :grin:
    lol, Alexandra's hair used to completely disappear when she went on the gondola when I had them in France if I got too close to her. :open_mouth:
    KevinL5275 wrote: »

@KevinL5275 Well, not really a thing, but it seems like exerting all that power changed her hair color. ;) Again. :p
    (Forgive my brain for not really understanding what you were saying there... :pensive: )

@AwkwardnessIsAwesomeness
    As a huge fan of both Stardew Valley and Sims, this is awesome! The characters are so accurate to how they look in SV
    ^Thank you so much. :blush: And welcome to the Sims forums! :grin:
    How far into the story are you? ;)

@bekkasan Aww, that was sweet and considerate of you. <3 But no, not a graphics issue in my game this time. ;)
    That's crazy about Alexandra's hair on the Gondola. :open_mouth:
    KevinL5275 wrote: »

@KevinL5275 Well, not really a thing, but it seems like exerting all that power changed her hair color. ;) Again. :p
    (Forgive my brain for not really understanding what you were saying there... :pensive: )

Yes, I meant I didn't know it was something we were supposed to notice. I thought it was just the sunlight on her hair or part of the graphics, or something small like that :)
    edited March 2021
    @emorrill
    Abigail got a lot to get of her chest, sadly she does/have to do it all alone. That is sad. Think it is about time she tells her secret to someone she loves.
    Glad Sebastian is looking for her.
    His motorcycle is nice.
    Oh right, she doesn’t have to tell him now :D
    Brilliant picture of Sebastian sadden face as he carries her to the house.
    Hmm that last part might have explained a lot or maybe not, after all I just guessing, I don’t really know.
    Only thing I’m certain of is that Caroline know Rasmodius and probably also that Abigail got some level of special powers.
    Looking forward to see how this continues.

Forgot to mention the sweet song about love. Liked it <3
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
    @Tamijo
    Oh right, she doesn’t have to tell him now :lol:
    ^Nope! That makes things a little less stressful for her doesn't it? ;)
    Thank you for the compliments on the pictures. <3
    Hmm that last part might have explained a lot or maybe not, after all I just guessing, I don’t really know.
    Only thing I’m certain of is that Caroline know Rasmodius and probably also that Abigail got some level of special powers.
    ^The gut feeling you got reading that scene is most likely correct my friend. :blush:
    I'm glad you liked the song. :) I felt like it was perfect to illustrate the feeling going on between Caroline and Rasmodius, that they were once deeply in love and something awful tore them apart...then she ended up having his child, but never knew how to tell him without destroying her marriage. (Oh, did I reveal too much? :p Not so much... ;) )
    Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the comments. <3 I hope to begin writing the next chapter soon. 🤞

Oooh oooh oooh! Found this gem of a song while listening to a bunch of random music - after that intense scene with Abby and Seb- and I'm just gonna leave it right here everyone. :mrgreen:
    (Woo! Got goosebumps listening to it.)

Ohh Yes - I got that album (Fallen) It is brilliant from start to finish
    Tamijo wrote: »
    Ohh Yes - I got that album (Fallen) It is brilliant from start to finish

@Tamijo Yes. It. Is! :mrgreen: SOLID album! :star:
    The Open Door was pretty solid too. :) They just came out with a new album recently and it's been over a decade I think. Amy Lee took time away to care for her kid - from what I understand - and I respect the heck out of that. <3

And...I can't help saying it...since Seb and Abby are a little on the Emo side (Seb more than Abby) and Evanescence was a HUGE hit among those kids, it seems even more fitting! :lol:

Sadly never dug deeper into them, only know that album. Might look into more of what they did.
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @emorrill
    Maru's reasoning kind of makes sense, although she's only trying to explain her real feelings away :p .
    I'm not surprised Alex has no idea why Maru lied to Haley. He'd be very flattered if he knew ;) . I wonder if he's going to ask her.
    I like it how the bedroom wallpaper matches Abilgail's hair ;) .
    Not sure why Abilgail thinks she should not use her magic to learn to use it better... I think getting more magical practice would be the best way for her.
    She looks very pretty in that picture of her meditating.
    She can win. She just has to tell her loved ones about her skills. I'm sure they won't abandon her because of that.
    Poor Abigail :'( .

So Haley was right about Abigail going to the graveyard. I hope she'll feel better after practicing magic again...
    The poor girl is so frustrated and understandably so :'( . Hopefully letting it all out helps even though Rasmodius is still not responding to her.
    Aw, Sebastian's got a very bad timing to decide to tell Abigail about his feelings.
    Looks like Sebastian is going to find out about Abby's magical skills very soon... I'm glad she wants to be there for her when something's wrong with her <3 .
    Sebastian must be very confused watching Abigail having her monologue...
    ...And even more confused now that he saw what she did. Ok, at least Abigail's skills will no longer be news to him ;) .
    I think it's starting to be a time for the wizard to finally talk to her :s , but I doubt he's going to do that...
    Looks like Abigail's in danger and there's nothing Sebastian can do to help her :# .
    Rasmodius can, and sounds like he tried! I hope it worked and she's going to be ok.
    Poor Abby. Poor Sebastian too. He must feel terrified trying to bring her back to the others to get help.
    The picture of Sebastian crying looks so pretty.
    I hope he gets home fast enough! Abby is lucky to have him <3 .
    Now I'm wondering if Abigail is actually the wizard's daughter and not her father's who doesn't think they are similar at all anyway.
    If Caroline only knew that the wizard just rescued or at least tried to rescue her daughter...!
    Awesome chapter! :star:
    I see, so it's already in Stardew Valley that Abigail might be the wizard's daughter :o . That's interesting.
    edited April 2021
    @meerkattime Thanks for the sweet and awesome comments. :kissing_heart: I always enjoy reading them and seeing what is going through your mind while reading every scene. :blush:

Oh and kudos to pointing this out. ;)
    Looks like Abigail's in danger and there's nothing Sebastian can do to help her :# .
    Rasmodius can, and sounds like he tried! I hope it worked and she's going to be ok.

I've got the first 2 scenes written in Chapter 14 everyone! :smiley: Gotta get everything staged for it in game, take pics, put it all together and hopefully soon I'll have it posted. :star: I don't wanna leave y'all hanging for too long. ;)

Thanks always for your patience and support. :heart:
    Post edited by emorrill on
    Heeeeeres the next Chapter everyone. :mrgreen: Enjoy!

Chapter 14

Sebastian threw open the front doors of the house before going back to the cab to fetch Abigail’s lifeless body.

“Harvey!” he cried as he breathlessly ascended the steps and skidded to a halt in the foyer, so weary stricken physically and emotionally. In the living room there were gasps from Elliott, Leah and Sam, Sam jumping to his feet at the sight of Abigail looking dead in his best friend’s arms. He intended to run to her side, but froze up from the horrific thought.

“HARVEY!” Sebastian shouted with a choke in his voice. His arms and knees growing all the more feeble.

51103443548_474dee4c8a_c.jpg

The Doctor and his girlfriend raced down the stairs. Upon witnessing the sight at the base of it, Penny cupped a hand to her mouth as Harvey hurried toward Abigail, his heart racing with fear.
    “What happened!?” he asked Sebastian as he lifted Abigail’s eyelid and then checked to see if she was breathing.
    “Uh--” Sebastian halted, finding himself in a conflict. How could he tell Harvey what happened without revealing Abigail possessed magical powers? No. I can’t, he decided. It wasn’t his place to reveal her deepest secret, even if it would better help the Doctor attend to her needs. “I dunno,” he replied. “I went looking for her and found her passed out on the ground.”
    Knowing that could mean any number of things, Harvey swiftly said, “Let’s get her into the exam room. Easy now.”

Once there, Sebastian carefully placed Abigail’s body down onto the bed and then stepped back, allowing Harvey to step in and examine her.

“I’m not seeing any signs of trauma,” Harvey commented, honestly expecting there would be as she was clearly in a comatose state. The difference in her hair color curiously stood out to him, but he brushed it off to the fact that women are always changing up their looks. He took a careful listen to her heart for any irregular rhythms while asking Sebastian to grab the extra pillows from his bed to elevate her legs with.

When Sebastian returned and did so, he asked the doctor in a hopeful tone, “Is she gonna be okay?”

51103307277_00d060de98_c.jpg

Still intently listening, it took a few seconds for Harvey to answer. “I believe so. Her vitals are fine so that’s good news.” He put away the stethoscope and stood up straight, crossing his arms together while looking down upon the patient. “I wish I had the ability to dig deeper into what caused her to lose consciousness, since it appears that no outside source caused it.”
    Sebastian lowered his head with a light swallow.
    Harvey internally hypothesized a couple of medical conditions that could be the culprit while rubbing at his neck. It was racking his nerves, but he had to keep calm and collected and do everything within his limited power to care for her. He sighed. “We’re just going to have to keep a close eye on her until she wakes up.”

51103279839_913b8d949a_c.jpg

“No problem there,” Sebastian declared, promptly pulling up a chair, sitting, and taking Abigail’s hand. “I won’t leave her side for anything.”
    Harvey didn’t doubt it. “I’ll get with Maru and see about studying a blood sample, but hopefully she’ll wake up soon and provide us with more answers.”
    “I hope so too,” Sebastian said, caressing her fingers with his thumb. “C’mon Abby...pull through this,” he whispered to her. “I know you can! You’re a strong woman; always have been. I’m not going anywhere. I’ll stay right here beside you. I promise.”

51103205901_5b07a22eeb_c.jpg

He began to wonder if her magical powers were helping her heal since he was sure she was near death when he picked her up and now Harvey was saying her vital signs were normal. Knowing how powerful the Wizard was - and Abigail seemingly being just as powerful - it wasn’t out of the realm of possibilities. It fascinated him.

Back in Pelican Town the Wizard sat on the floor with his legs crossed, surrounded by flickering candles. Closing his eyes and breathing steadily, he created a link with his mind to Abigail’s.

Hear me Abigail. It’s Rasmodius…

He could feel that the connection had been made, but obviously Abigail couldn’t respond. That was okay because he had much to teach her.

It was time.

All throughout the night and into the morning, Abigail remained unconscious. Harvey came in every couple of hours to make sure her vitals were still good - collected a blood sample at one point - while Sebastian kept constant vigil over her just as he said he would. During that time all the others came in to visit her, curious about her condition, and offered up thoughts and prayers on her behalf.

Harvey and Maru were able to study Abigail’s small sample of blood using the Science Station in his room and it was pretty incredible all that they could determine about her health with just one drop.

51103205861_4e2f45f442_c.jpg

Nothing abnormal stood out, which got the Doctor feeling even more puzzled, but he thanked the Lord regardless.

Sebastian read a book to pass the time while waiting for Abigail to wake, throwing out glances at her from time to time. Each time he hoped to see her stunning emerald eyes looking back at his. A couple of times he caught her eyeballs rolling around underneath her eyelids, wondering what she was dreaming about. Could she be dreaming of him? He certainly hoped so; maybe it was helping her to hold on.

51103307187_10eb5e666e_c.jpg

That afternoon Harvey came in to check on Abigail again. He told Sebastian afterward that he felt putting her on an IV drip would be the next reasonable thing to do since they really had no idea when she would wake up and her body needed fluids. Sebastian nodded and Harvey went right to work preparing it.

As he did so, the two heard a faint moan come out of Abigail and their eyes instantly darted in her direction. Sebastian squeezed her hand anxiously. “Abby?” She moaned again. Harvey placed a hand on her shoulder and the touch from both men was enough to cause her eyes to flicker open. Sebastian then sat on the edge of the bed, wanting him to be the first person she’d see. Harvey respectfully stepped back.

When their eyes met, Sebastian brightly smiled as Abigail regained consciousness.
    “Seb?”
    “Yes Abby! Oh thank God you’re awake!”

51103279714_f60c888273_c.jpg

She glanced around for a moment, recognizing her surroundings, and caught Harvey looking down on her with a smile as well. “Welcome back kid,” she heard him say and she lightly smiled in return.

“How did you find me?” she asked Sebastian, knowing he was the one who rescued her. Last thing she remembered was furiously shooting all her magic up into the sky at the barrier. Had he seen what she did - it made her heart thump nervously just thinking about it - or did she pass out from the exertion and he found her later? She couldn’t be sure.
    Sebastian held back responding for a second since Harvey was in the room. “We can talk about that later,” he said, gently patting her hand.
    “How do you feel?” Harvey asked her.
    Abigail turned her head away while pressing her fingers on her forehead. “Okay, I guess,” she answered. “I just have a nasty headache.” Holy information overload Rasmodius!

51103205801_f937b5688d_c.jpg

Harvey nodded. “I’ll get you something for that. Be right back.” And he exited the room.

When the door closed, Sebastian looked upon Abigail with a beaming smile again, seeing her in a whole new light. Abigail naturally smiled back while blushing. He looked so incredibly gorgeous giving her those kinds of eyes.

51103205761_21328bbe98_c.jpg

They stayed like that for a good minute until Harvey came back into the room with a pill and a glass of water. After Abigail took them Sebastian kindly asked Harvey if he could be alone with her. The Doctor complied and left the room again.

Abigail looked upon Sebastian curiously as she watched him rub at the palms of her hands, studying them intently. “What are you doing?”
    “Just looking at your beautiful hands,” he replied, then paused to look her in the eye, “wondering how such immense power could come out of them, without so much as a scratch on your skin.”

Abigail’s eyes widened instantly and an enormous pit developed in her stomach. “You did see it then,” she gulped. “My magic…” Her heart pounded against her chest.
    “I did.”

51103279674_84ddc89a3d_c.jpg

“I’m so sorry Seb. I,” she choked, the tears forming, “I wanted to tell you. I tried to, it’s just--”
    “It’s okay,” he soothed, caressing her arm. “I know why you couldn’t and I don’t blame you for it.” Sensing more of her feelings on the matter he added, “And I’m not upset that you kept it from me.”
    Surprised, a smile of relief played across her lips. “Really?”
    “Of course. I always knew there was something special about you Abby...I just couldn’t pinpoint it.” He lifted her hand to kiss it. “Until now.”
    Abigail broadly smiled, expressing rapid breaths of happiness, like all the weight that had been weighing on her chest for years had just been obliterated and she could properly breathe again. “You don’t think differently of me then?”
    “H*** no!" he exclaimed. "I think it’s RAD you have magical powers! I’m honestly kinda jealous that you’re the one that has them and not me,” he winked.
    She laughed as the tears escaped her eyes. “Oh Seb,” she beamed, reaching up and stroking his cheek. “I never should have doubted you, my bestest friend…

51103443448_5339dddaba_c.jpg

...A big part of me didn’t, but...with everything that happened to the Wizard when the town found out about his magic just got me so scared that I--”
    “Shhh, I know. You don’t have to explain.” He stroked her cheek now. “And you don’t have to worry anymore Abby, I promise you that. Your secret is safe with me...and I’ll stand by you forever; protect you from anyone who might try to harm you or take you away. Because my heart belongs to you.” He gripped her hand with both hands now. “Together we’ll show the world that magic isn’t something to fear, nor is it always evil. I mean, how could it be when it’s been given to someone with a heart as pure as yours?”
    Abigail blushed, her heart singing with joy at his words.
    “And if everyone in Pelican Town still refuses to believe that, and they cast you out, then they’ll have to cast me out too, because I love you Abigail,” he choked, “and nothing and no one could ever tear me away from you. I should’ve told you this so much sooner and I apologize for being such a fool. Watching you get struck by that beam and fall to the ground, fearing you were dead, made me regret the h*** out of not saying it sooner, so I’m saying it now. I love you. I never wanna feel like I’ve lost you ever again.”
    “I love you too Seb!” Abigail instantly expressed in return, meeting his lips eagerly as he leaned in to kiss her, tenderly, yet passionately.

51103279644_1e9ca1788e_c.jpg

As they kissed, Abigail could sense magic forming in the room. She opened her eyes briefly and watched as something bright swirled around their heads, leaving a trail of sparkles.

51103279629_846731f456_c.jpg

Then it shot through the glass window and ascended into the sky. “Did you see that?” she asked with a gasp, propping herself up to watch.
    Sebastian looked out the window with her. “No. What?”
    “There was a star, like the ones in the night sky, swirling above our heads for a moment as we kissed. Then it went out the window and disappeared…”
    He arched an eyebrow at her. “A star? I think you may have bumped your head a little too hard when you hit the ground Abby,” he said as a joke.
    “No! It was magic!” She lowered her eyes in thought. “The question is why? And what does it mean?”
    Sebastian kissed her forehead and then said, “Maybe it’s true what they say, that sparks really do fly when people kiss for the first time.”
    She couldn’t help smiling at that and thought it was an adorable response. “Yeah,” she simply agreed, gazing out the window again. Just what’re you up to Rasmodius?

She didn’t wish to think about the Wizard right now. All she wanted to do was bask in the deliciousness of Sebastian’s kisses and the joy and relief that his true love had brought to her soul.

51103443428_627252c915_c.jpg

Finally she didn’t feel hopelessly alone anymore.

<3<3<3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top