Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Besides horses, chickens and cows, which another farming animal do you want to see in a Farming EP?

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member

Besides horses, chickens and cows, which another farming animal do you want to see in a Farming EP? 21 votes

Pig
33%
texxx78Destin2016Hearts4uPeralGeralt_ofRiviaBellaBerryCafe[Deleted User] 7 votes
Sheep
19%
SERVERFRASimmingalCalico45Mak27 4 votes
Goat
28%
crocobauraEnkiSchmidtFreezerBunnyCowplantPatriceCaptain_GalaxxyJennaLBuchanan 6 votes
Rabbit
9%
annaliese39Sigzy05 2 votes
Llama
4%
Dragonmasterleo 1 vote
Turkey
0%
Deer
4%
Ellupelluellu 1 vote

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Pig
    Yes! Pigs! I want pigs so much! I want my sims to raise a pig in an apartment in San Myshuno 🧡💛💚
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited April 2021
    Sheep
    sheep for wool
    llamas be cute too

and well horses be useful if they can fit them in

and i wouldn't mind some interactable wildlife aside from the actual farm animals cause it would make worlds bit more lively
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,776 Member
    Deer
    Wild deer would be nice :)

Because, at least where I live, the first options pretty much belong together with those mentioned in the title (well maybe not horses that much) :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Sheep
    We could have the sims knit wool clothing right from the Sheep. :D
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Sheep
    Some sort of fiber animal, but preferably sheep.

Let's be honest here: if we do get a farming pack, I seriously doubt it would have anything close to butchering animals for meat. Meat isn't even a food ingredient in 4 right now, beyond fish. The closest I can think of is the "meat" wall you can unlock on the vertical planter with EL and I am pretty sure it is cow plant, so still plant.

So animals like pigs that would probably not produce anything would on the cutting board. (Maybe truffles, if they could?) I doubt these animals will be full pets, so hero objects, which would make the production all the more important because otherwise they are decor.

I'd really like wild deer roaming, though. All sorts live around my house and we could use more wildlife in general. I would much prefer decor animals about than the townie invasion of my neighborhoods.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Goat
    I would love some cute bouncy baby goats that climb on stuff. Also sheep would be nice, I would especially like a territorial ram sheep and cute bouncy lambs.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Sheep
    Calico45 wrote: »

Let's be honest here: if we do get a farming pack, I seriously doubt it would have anything close to butchering animals for meat. Meat isn't even a food ingredient in 4 right now, beyond fish. The closest I can think of is the "meat" wall you can unlock on the vertical planter with EL and I am pretty sure it is cow plant, so still plant.

So animals like pigs that would probably not produce anything would on the cutting board. (Maybe truffles, if they could?) I doubt these animals will be full pets, so hero objects, which would make the production all the more important because otherwise they are decor.

I'd really like wild deer roaming, though. All sorts live around my house and we could use more wildlife in general. I would much prefer decor animals about than the townie invasion of my neighborhoods.

Maybe a "slaugter room" rabbit hole object to carry animals and obtain meat, leather and fat.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I would love some cute bouncy baby goats that climb on stuff. Also sheep would be nice, I would especially like a territorial ram sheep and cute bouncy lambs.

Goats can be equiped with a saddle to be mounted by toddlers.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Goat
    Mak27 wrote: »

Never seen a saddled goat, but they can be milked and use the milk to make cheese and yoghurt.
    Sheep

Never seen a saddled goat, but they can be milked and use the milk to make cheese and yoghurt.

A goat can carry 1/3 of their own weight, and there's people who equip a goat with a small saddle to be rided by toddlers. Also a goat can be used for camping to carry packs and other stuff.
  • BellaBerryCafeBellaBerryCafe Posts: 22 Member
    Pig
    Such a difficult choice!! I'd love pigs and sheeps for sure 🐖🐑, but all the other options would be awesome to have too!
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited April 2021
    Pig
    Definitely would like a little wiggly oinker
    piggy.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    edited July 2021
    Sheep

Maybe a "slaugter room" rabbit hole object to carry animals and obtain meat, leather and fat.

While I wouldn't be opposed to such a rabbit hole (or mechanic) myself, I am quite sure the Sims 4 will not touch it. I honestly don't remember any sort of animal slaughter in the main series. In Medieval you could hunt in a forest rabbit hole and in Castaway you could catch chickens, but I don't think even the Sims 3 Store farm items allowed for slaughter and meat had been a recipe ingredient from the base game. I remember the cowplant and playing chess against chickens for eggs, but no meat besides supermarket or plant meat (including the food trees).

Further, I suspect that slaughter does not really match up with the... In-game morals? I am not going to accuse the Sims of pushing politics by a mile, but there is bound to be a reason they do not really touch it. Some people get really iffy about meat and whatever you think about the state of Sims 4's launch, the vegetarian trait** and recipes were considered important enough to be there. That on top of EL's "meat" wall and meat alternatives and the general lack of meat as an ingredient makes me think they do not really want it in the game.

Plus, to use the meat properly (beyond just in pack recipes which would be just a fraction), we'd need base game updates to recipes, probably resulting in a base game grocery/kitchen/cooking rework. It isn't impossible, but this added to any sort of morality controversy would keep them far away from it.

**Edit here months later. I have recently been reminded I was mistaken. Vegetarian trait was a CL addition only now being added to the base game with the CoL patch. I apologize for any misinformation, it was unintentional.
    Post edited by Calico45 on
    Sheep

While I wouldn't be opposed to such a rabbit hole (or mechanic) myself, I am quite sure the Sims 4 will not touch it. I honestly don't remember any sort of animal slaughter in the main series. In Medieval you could hunt in a forest rabbit hole and in Castaway you could catch chickens, but I don't think even the Sims 3 Store farm items allowed for slaughter and meat had been a recipe ingredient from the base game. I remember the cowplant and playing chess against chickens for eggs, but no meat besides supermarket or plant meat (including the food trees).

Further, I suspect that slaughter does not really match up with the... In-game morals? I am not going to accuse the Sims of pushing politics by a mile, but there is bound to be a reason they do not really touch it. Some people get really iffy about meat and whatever you think about the state of Sims 4's launch, the vegetarian trait and recipes were considered important enough to be there. That on top of EL's "meat" wall and meat alternatives and the general lack of meat as an ingredient makes me think they do not really want it in the game.

Plus, to use the meat properly (beyond just in pack recipes which would be just a fraction), we'd need base game updates to recipes, probably resulting in a base game grocery/kitchen/cooking rework. It isn't impossible, but this added to any sort of morality controversy would keep them far away from it.

Depending which animal.

For example, sheep can be used as fiber source, goat like cows for milk, horses for transportation (and pet), chickens for eggs. What about pigs or rabbits? Manure? Maybe you can sell your animals instead slaugter thems for meat, fat or leather.
    Sheep

Further, I suspect that slaughter does not really match up with the... In-game morals? I am not going to accuse the Sims of pushing politics by a mile, but there is bound to be a reason they do not really touch it. Some people get really iffy about meat and whatever you think about the state of Sims 4's launch, the vegetarian trait and recipes were considered important enough to be there. That on top of EL's "meat" wall and meat alternatives and the general lack of meat as an ingredient makes me think they do not really want it in the game.

Depending which animal.

For example, sheep can be used as fiber source, goat like cows for milk, horses for transportation (and pet), chickens for eggs. What about pigs or rabbits? Manure? Maybe you can sell your animals instead slaugter thems for meat, fat or leather.

I do not think they will touch animal slaughter in the game, no matter the animal.

I do think that animals most linked to it are probably considered lower priority. I also do think production animals and those that can be assigned specific productions and tasks, as you named, will be higher priority over these animals.
    Sheep

Depending which animal.

I do not think they will touch animal slaughter in the game, no matter the animal.

I do think that animals most linked to it are probably considered lower priority. I also do think production animals and those that can be assigned specific productions and tasks, as you named, will be higher priority over these animals.

I was thinking for example, pigs can be feeded by crops to make direct fertilizer, but also the game must restrinct the population of each specie unless thore are reduced to a corral/hen/coop like in TS3 store.