Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thirty Grandchildren Badge Attempt - ongoing so it now has its own playlist

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Episode 13 of 30 Grandchildren Badge attempt is now available on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/NJ8OaRvvdOM

In this episode you will meet some of the senior members of the household. Attend a birthday party, see the genie emerge and return to the dusty old lamp numerous times and generally get to know the various members of the household. It is, of course, overstuffed. There are about 20+ Sims there. It varies as Imaginary Friends get turned real thereby increasing the household numbers and then they get removed to live in one of the empty houses thereby reducing the number of sims in the household.

My eventual aim is to move everyone but Gerri out of the house. However, hopefully we will have the badge long before that happens.

Here are some of the sims you'll meet in this episode.

Brian
    Brian-Holden-IFMade-Real001.jpg

Javon
    Javon.jpg

Elsa
    Elsa001.jpg

Dennis
    DennisHarper001N.jpg

And many others

Enjoy
  • KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    Good luck with that badge!

It seems to be broken for me. I tried to get it a couple of times but it never worked for some reason. So I hope you have better luck with it.
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

KleineMuff wrote: »
    Good luck with that badge!

It seems to be broken for me. I tried to get it a couple of times but it never worked for some reason. So I hope you have better luck with it.

Thank you. I read up on it before starting this series and I'm going to try to do what others say will make it happen. It seems you have to make sure you are logged in while playing and once the 30 grandchildren have all been born the grandparent has to have another baby. There are still no guarantees though.

There are a few badges where I did all the requirements a few times before finally getting the badge. Some broke after certain patches and when I got a new computer I patched up to 1.55 and was able to get some of the broken badges that way. But this isn't one of those that broke after a patch. I think this one is just broken. But it does seem to be achieved by lots of people.

With my Isla Paradiso Bunch series, Playlist 1, I attempted to complete the badges for Island Paradise. I had a large household. I did all that was necessary and the badges didn't get awarded. I read up on it and discovered most of them can only be achieved by a single sim household. So I started my Caroline and Friends save and had Caroline as a single sim household until all of the missing Island Paradise badges had been achieved. Then I started adding her friends. They are now working through the 40 or so University Life badges I haven't achieved so far. Some of those badges are similarly difficult to get. But I've discovered some of the badges can be achieved by room mates that are not controlled by me and the badges just get awarded unexpectedly when none of the sims I control have done anything to achieve them.

I will persevere with this attempt until I have done all of the requirements I know of and perhaps do it all again with one of the current batch of 'children' becoming a grandparent of 30.
    Today I finally posted 30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt Part 14 to YouTube.

https://youtu.be/nO-3sB1EfEE

It is fairly busy with sims getting up to all sorts of things. Basically we see 3 imaginary friends move out to live on their own. There is a graduation of Lynette and Felecia.

I will be so glad when both Felecia and Alecia have become married and moved out to their own homes. The game gave the names to the 15 babies when they arrived and I just accepted them. Most of the names I'd never heard of before. I'm sure I wouldn't have come up with having two with such similar names on my own.

Robbie is trying to free his genie and we see him work through the 'Free the Genie' opportunity chain. He fails on his first attempt. Possibly because he got mauled by a bear while taking the lamp underground. He still has the opportunity to take the lamp underground. I've got control of his genie because I got frustrated and used Master Controller to add her to the household so that could be a part of the problem. Also there's already about 20 sims in the household. So there are several possible reasons why the genie isn't being freed. The only drawback that I can see is she has the needs of a mummy. If I can't get Robbie to successfully free her I might try removing her occult state and giving it back to her with Master Controller.

The Imaginary Friends are being given major makeovers and are moving out very soon after being made real. We do see them for a short time though so we will be able to recognise them around town later on.

I hope you are able to find time to watch the video. It is gradually working towards the arrival of lots of grandchildren.

Happy Simming

Episode 15 of the 30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt is now available to watch on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/JnsMHy0OdTM

There is plenty of action. Imaginary Friends being made real and moving out.

Sims meeting townies around town at various times and places.

Community snowman and igloo building.

A birthday or two. An inferno too.

I hope you enjoy the video.
    30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt Part 16 is now available for you to watch on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/WcPWCmN6dog

This episode starts at home - there are only 7 teens left in the household at the beginning of the episode and by the end there are only 5. But they did gain 2 young adults. This was due to two birthday parties.

We see Demetria achieve her Lifetime Wish of having a Perfect Private Aquarium.

Demetria (Teen)
    Demetria-Fishing004.jpg

Perfect Private Aquarium
    Perfect-Private-Aquarium-LTW-Achieved001.jpg

Demetria and Dolores age up. Dolores has completed her lifetime wish ages ago so it was about time for her to age up. She got to level 10 in guitar and painting.

Dolores (Young Adult)
    Dolores-Holden002.jpg

Dolores-Holden003.jpg

Byron attends the first birthday party but moves out to live in his own house between parties. He is Wilfred's Imaginary Friend made real.

Byron
    Byron-Honlden001.jpg

Wilfred
    Wilfred001.jpg

There is tension between Javon and Gwen due to the activities of Robbie's genie, Elsa.

Gwen
    GwenRichards002.jpg

Javon
    Javon001.jpg

Elsa
    Elsa001.jpg

Javon and Gwen decide to get away from the mayhem at home. They need some personal time to sort out their relationship. They head for China and some adventuring and lots of flirting happen. By the end of the video they are officially Girlfriend and Boyfriend. They travel to Egypt. They have a dual quest. One is to foster their previously endangered personal relationship and hopefully become engaged to be married; the other quest is to find 20,000 simoleans worth of relics to assist Coby achieve his lifetime wish of Perfect Museum. Their visit to China didn't get them many relics so they head for Egypt next in the hope of finding more relics and maybe getting engaged to be married.

I hope you enjoy the video. Next video will see Javon and Gwen continue their adventures.

Coby Holden
    Coby-Holden002.jpg

Tony McLean - their almost absent father (doesn't appear in this video - but you can see where many of them got their looks)
    Tony-Mclean004.jpg
    30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt Episode 17 is now ready to view on YouTube

https://youtu.be/EDlNtqiXluQ

Javon and Gwen are in Egypt where they search for relics and have fun together. They move on to France where they continue their fun and getting to know each other.

Especially good fun was had in an empty sarcophagus in one of the tombs.

Not much tomb exploring was included in the videos as the focus of this story is the relationship between Javon and Gwen and the urgency of having them become boyfriend and girlfriend and progress to marriage by the end of the episode. We have 14 more couples to go through this process before we can start having official grandchildren that can be counted for the challenge.

One side activity Javon and Gwen are up to is collecting relics to add to Coby's private museum in the hope they might trigger his lifetime wish.

Some of the relics in Coby's private museum by the end of this episode
    Cobys-Private-Museum003.jpg

Felicia makes her imaginary friend, Peanut, real. Peanut becomes known as Pauleen.

Pauleen-Holden-IF001.jpg
    Pamela

Dell Douglas is occasionally spotted around town.

Dell-Douglas002.jpg
    Dell

She is the extra sim I made to assist with the unpacking of the Packed population of Cake Island II when I moved them all to a new save. She has been dating one of the Imaginary Friends made real. I think it is Byron she is dating.

ByronHonlden001.jpg
    Byron

Javon and Gwen
    Javon-And-Gwen-Wedding002.jpg

I hope you enjoy the episode.
    edited December 2020
    Hello All.

I was up until 2:30 am getting my most recent video ready for upload. I added the music, rendered it, saved it as an mp4 and then watched it. I hope I was sufficiently focused at that time of the morning to successfully remove anything that needed to be removed. Mostly I worry about me repeating myself a few times - a bit like stuttering an entire sentence. And things like that. Anyway, the video seems ok. I watched it again after loading it and am reasonably happy with it.

It is now ready for you to watch on YouTube.
    https://youtu.be/rcMFWRa1Kms

I'm motivated to get this story done. I had played ahead so far without making videos that I had to stop my game play to get the recorded videos made into YouTube videos before I forgot what was going on in them. This video is different in that I had just moved the entire population of Cake Island into a new save. I took the opportunity to introduce you to all of them. I didn't count them but there are not many of them. I think just about half of the world's population live together in the same house - the main Holden household. So it won't take long for you to meet all of them. One of my aims as the game progresses is to increase the number of sims living in the world. That's why I'm turning all of the imaginary friends real and moving them out to their own homes.

In the beginning of the video we catch up with Javon and Gwen on their wedding night in their new home. They are the active household so we get a good look around their house and see them there together. They will be townies for the rest of this series of videos. I can still use mods to control them to a point, but their story from now on will be mostly up to Story Progression. I'm thinking the main reason I might have to control them will be when it's time for them to start having babies. Babies they have after all of Javon's siblings have married and moved out to their new homes will be part of the 30 grandchildren.

Then we leave Javon and Gwen's place to meet the other townies, including the imaginary friends made real who have been moved out to become new townies by the time Javon and Gwen get married.

Finally, Robbie and Candice go on vacation together and find themselves in Cornucopia. This is a player made world and is available on the Exchange. It was made by Shalua
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1759713

While in Cornucopia they visit a roller coaster. This lot is also available on the Exchange and is one of my builds.
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7880852

One of the townies you'll meet was recently added to the game by me. She is Claudette Cameron and she is in my studio on the Exchange.
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9154928

The main world in this series of videos is Cake Island by Rflong13
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8442687

Please give it a like if you do enjoy it as that helps with the survival of my channel.

If you download any of my items from my studio please think about recommending it. None of the builds or sims I've loaded to the Exchange have 3rd party CC on them. I made them all before I added CC to my game to be sure none could attach to whatever I load to the Exchange. The Roller Coaster definitely has lots of Store Content and Claudette is not a base game only sim and might have some store content.

Happy Simming.
    Episode 19 of the 30 Grandchildren Badge attempt is now available to watch on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/b0UzwWC5XHA

This is a busy episode. We start out where episode 18 left off with Robbie and Candice in Cornucopia. They go fishing and head to the festival before Robbie gives up on his attempt to extinguish a paparazzi who had self combusted at their front door.
    Back in Cake Island Robbie and Candice move to their new home and we have a quick look around that.
    Then we are back in the main house with the remaining 13 of Robbie's siblings and a few others.
    This episode is sort of a housekeeping type of episode. The main activity in my gameplay was getting them to learn skills and to read recipes and fishing bait books and I didn't want to show you all of that. It would have taken a few very boring episode to get through all of that so you do get a couple of glimpses of it but that's all.

We have a birthday for Sharonda, who needs to join the law enforcement career to get her lifetime wish, and Coby who got his lifetime wish when Javon and Gwen returned from their vacation and filled his private museum with so many valuable relics.

Then we see a little gardening, mostly featuring Larry who was recently added to the household as a future spouse for Lynette. Larry needs to learn many skills.

Sharonda and Coby's graduation happens in the same episode in which they aged up to young adult.

The graduation is followed by Wiggles being made real and then being transformed into Win. She won't be in the household for long but I kept her for a while and she's reading books and going to work. She wants to be a creature robot cross breeder.

Since Alecia has developed a worry about Dennis suffering a premature death, Alecia is determined to learn the recipe for Ambrosia before she goes on vacation and eventually marries him. Meanwhile poor Dennis is battling me. He wants to get to the top of his painting career but I won't let him sell all of his paintings. They are so pretty I want to keep a lot of them to decorate the family home.

In the end Alecia goes stir crazy so I send her out to the festival to pick wildflowers. And that's it for now. I've started working on episode 20.

By the way - this is Wiggles after she is made real and after I gave her a makeover.

Win004.jpg

Happy New Year to everyone. It'll be here in about 1 hour from now.

I just posted my 5th video for December. It's now available for you to watch. I'm in a bit of a hurry to get this series completed. I hope I can keep up the pace.

30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt Part 20 is now available for you to watch on YouTube

https://youtu.be/iX66FLjC6Qc

Life continues in the main household.

Wiggles becomes real and turns into Win in the previous episode. In this episode she continues to read recipes and fishing books after learning some cooking and fishing skill.

Win005.jpg

Win joins Felicia and Robbie and gets a job at the Science Facility. All three of them share the lifetime wish of 'Become a Creature Robot Cross Breeder'.

Robbie no longer lives in the main household as he recently married Candice and they now live in their own home near Javon and Gwen.

Robbie-And-Candice002.jpg

Javon and Gwen announce the birth of their first child, Brendan. Unfortunately Brendan won't be counted as one of the 30 grandchildren as he was born before I was ready to start counting the grandchildren.

Javon-And-Gwen-Wedding002.jpg
    Since they are now townies I don't have any recent pictures of Javon and Gwen, but here's another pic of their wedding that I haven't shown you yet.

Wiggles2.jpg

Win moves out into her own home and another imaginary friend, Bobo, is made real and becomes Ben. Ben joins the culinary career as his lifetime wish is to become a celebrated five star chef.

Ben-Holden-IF-Made-Real001.jpg
    Ben Holden - Imaginary Friend Made Real

Wilfred is invited to visit his imaginary friend made real, Byron.

Wilfred
    Wilfred002.jpg

Byron
    Byron003.jpg

It turns out Byron was lonely. He still lived alone in the colourful 2 bedroom house I first moved him into. Since the game had recently advised me that Byron and Edith were now a couple I decided to merge their households. Edith turned up at Byron's place while Wilfred was talking to Byron. Naturally Byron only had eyes for Edit from that point on and, since it was very late, they went upstairs together to sleep. Fortunately Byron has a double bed. He also has a spare bedroom with a crib and a single bed. Maybe there will be some little Byrons or Ediths running around soon. Wilfred wandered off home after a while.

Edith
    Edith003.jpg
    Edith is a sim I made years ago and pulled out of my library to add her to this game as a townie. I expected her to maybe pair up with Dave Webb, but he ended up with Ursula Gammin instead and now they have 2 children together and live opposite Robbie and Candice. I am somewhat surprised the game put Byron and Edith together but that's what happened without any prompting from me so I'll go with it. They add to the population of the town and hopefully will have babies.

Larry continues to learn skills and reads many recipes and fishing bait books.
    Larry005.jpg

He recently got to level 10 in gardening. So he doesn't have to garden any more. Fortunately, a few of the others still need to build their skill.

Towards the end of this episode, Meagan and Latoya age up to Young Adult and graduate. Their graduation happens immediately after their birthday due to me cutting out almost all of the time spent by sims reading books or recipes and also time spent by sims discovering potions on the chemistry tables.

Alecia and Dennis leave on their pre engagement vacation.

Now I'm working on Episode 21.

In the next episode there will be a wedding - Dennis and Alecia will finally tie the knot. I'll miss them but they will move out to live next door to Robbie and Candice. Their houses will be similar, although I'm trying to mix up the children's playground equipment in their back yards to try to encourage the little cousins to visit each other to play.

When Dennis and Alecia move out I'll be moving in another of the potential spouses I made for them. Felicia's potential husband, Frank will move in. I will try to get Wilfred's potential spouse, Wendy too. They are both designed specially for Felicia and Wilfred and are sitting patiently in my library. They'll have lots of learning to do when they move in as they are brand new sims.

Happy Simming and HAPPY NEW YEAR All.
    30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt Part 21 is now available for you to view on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/ZrbNXAvX9dE

In this episode Alecia and Dennis go on their vacation to get to know each other and decide if they want to spend the rest of their lives together or not. It is up to them. They have a very busy and at times scary vacation. It turns out they are devoted to dancing with each other. It continues to be their number one joint default activity. In this video they learn surprising new skills and have some adventurous new experiences they are not likely to have back at home in Cake Island. The video begins as they travel to their vacation location and ends with them traveling back to Cake Island.

Next episode will include their wedding plus the preparation for the next couple, Larry and Lynette, to go on their vacation.

I hope you enjoy this video.

Happy Simming.
    30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt Part 22 is now available for you to watch on YouTube

https://youtu.be/K4fmi0-cimg

Alecia and Dennis have returned from vacation. They are now an engaged couple and will have their wedding ceremony in this episode.

The final two teenaged sisters of Alecia will age up to Young Adult and graduate.

Alecia and Dennis move into their new home after Alecia picks the forbidden fruit seed she planted before leaving for their vacation.

Ben moves out to become a townie - he moves from the house I put him into.

Sharonda finally is able to use the potion she made ages ago to turn her imaginary friend real.

Happy Simming
    30 Grandchildren Badge Episode 23 is now available for you to watch on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/zk81hZqW8i0

I hope you enjoy it.

The story opens with Kendall who missed the school bus. The thing is, he is the only teen left in the household of 15 children. All of the others have now aged up to Young Adult.

The Imaginary Friends of each of the 15 children are made real after they age up to Young Adult if there is room for them in the Cake Island house.

In previous episodes Javon went on vacation (to the 3 World Adventures worlds) with Gwen and were married when they returned to Cake Island.
    They then moved out and have since had a baby son who will unfortunately not count towards the 30 grandchildren as I was not logged in when he was born and I have since changed households numerous times.

After Javon and Gwen Robbie and Candice had their vacation to a player built world, Cornucopia. They eloped there and moved out to their own home on their return.

Next Alecia and Denis had their vacation in Isla Paradiso. They returned home to have a wedding in my build, the Indoor Outdoor Wedding Venue. They chose the garden to have an outdoor wedding. They moved out with their plant sim baby who will not count towards the 30 grandchildren for the same reasons Javon's son won't count.

This episode is for Lynette and Larry to go away somewhere to get to know each other and decide if they want to be together for ever and raise a family. They go to Oasis Landing in the Normal Future and while slowly getting to know each other they explore the Wasteland and my Rainbow Gondola build in this episode.

Lynette-And-Crow001.jpg

Oasis-Landing-Sunset001.jpg

Pictures of the Rainbow Goldola build were not necessarily from Oasis Landing

Gondola44.jpg

Gondola40.jpg

Gondola26.jpg

I hope you enjoy the continuation of this story.

Happy Simming

30 Grandchildren Episode 24 is now available for you to watch on YouTube

https://youtu.be/QmJp-Abc3k8

This is the second, and final part of the vacation of Lynette and Larry. They explore Oasis Landing in the Normal Future. It is a fast paced episode with lots of different activities.

It starts with them in the wastelands at the crashed ship. They watch the stars then Larry heads off to do a class in bot building. He decides to go shopping in the EP XI Emporium and we get to see him enjoying it and buying some items to take home with him.

Lynette leaves the crash site to meet up with Larry at the bar in the Rainbow Gondola hangout. They investigate a nursery and compete with each other in a friendly game of Arcade Hoops. They are served by the chef in the restaurant where they eat lunch before heading off to find the waterfall that Lynette has heard is somewhere in the hills near town. They find a whole suburb of old fashioned houses up in the hills and a herd of wild horses near the waterfall. They have some fun flying high with their jet packs and their romance continues to advance.

As evening falls they go to a local bar where they find lots of locals, many of whom are descendants of Lynette's mother, Gerri, as well as some descendants of Ursula Gammin, the witch who lives near Javon and Gwen.

They end the day back at the Rainbow Gondola lot. They have a wonderful time there and at the end of the video they are playing a game together down in one of the underground hallways. The video ends with them playing happily together. We won't see them return home, but they will reappear in Cake Island some time in episode 25. I didn't want to interrupt their activities so I just left them there for now. There is a lot of romance in this episode, particularly towards the end. And a new type of kiss as well.

Not all of the scenes depicted in these screen shots made it into the video. I had to cut over an hour out to make a video of about 32 minutes of the best bits.

Eating breakfast at the community center
    Breakfast001.jpg

A couple of locals in the wasteland.
    In-The-Wasteland001.jpg

One of many kisses between Larry and Lynette
    Kiss001.jpg

The end of the video they play happily in a hallway of the Rainbow Gondola lot
    Larry-And-Lynette001.jpg

A view of Oasis Landing at night from near the waterfall up in the hills just out of town
    Oasis-Landing-At-Night001.jpg

Something is wrong with the way Larry was planting his flag
    Planting-The-Flag001.jpg

The Wild Horses that live near the waterfall.
    Wild-Horses001.jpg
    This is Part 26 of the 30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt. It is now ready for you to view on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/6hz_rYowUBk

It is another busy video but it is mostly set in Cake Island by @Rflong7 . At the very end we see Felecia and Frank at the Base Camp in The Great Southern Land by @Frogprincess_q . Next episode will be mostly in the Great Southern Land.

Activities in this episode include lots of work by the household members on gaining a variety of skills and reading of recipes and fishing bait books. Cathy and Percy move out to live as townies. Each has their own new home and we have a quick look inside their new houses.
    Two of the Imaginary Friends Made Real who previously moved out have decided to have a baby so I decided to give them a wedding in my build, the Indoor Outdoor Wedding Venue. Kendal learns to drive and completes his lifetime wish, he celebrates his birthday and begins a new career as a magician. This means there are now no teens left in the family. All 15 of Gerri's children are now Young Adults.
    There are two babies born during this episode and we visit their homes and meet them briefly.
    At the end Felecia and Frank explore the Base Camp in The Great Southern Land. They seem to enjoy tossing vials of 'stuff' into the bonfire.

In the next episode we'll fully explore the world and the various venues I've placed in it.

I hope you enjoy Part 26.

Here are a few pics from the video
    Constance-Wilfred-Gerri001.jpg

Josie-And-Son001.jpg

Wendy-Percy-Cathie001.jpg

At-The-Park001.jpg

Episode 27 of the 30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt is now available for you to watch on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/GFhuM5BJ2z8

Almost all of this episode happens in a new world, The Great Southern Land, by @Frogprincess_q .

We meet the final nine potential spouses for the unmatched young adults in Cake Island.

The next couple to go on vacation are Frank and Felecia. They appear late in the video. Mostly we are in the Great Southern Land with the potential spouses.

After Frank and Felecia marry, it'll be the turn of Wilfred and Wendy. I haven't decided where they will go yet.

Wendy was the final potential spouse I'd made before adding the group of nine that are currently occupying the house in the Great Southern Land.

I had to extend their small basement to add a few bedrooms but they now all have a bed to call their own.

They are, from Left to Right, Lionel, Karen, Mark, Dave, Stan, Daryl, Clarice, Jack and Chris.
    Lionel-Karen-Mark-Dave-Stan-Daryl-Clarice-Jack-Chris001.jpg

Daryl and Dave will be returning to Cake Island with Frank and Felecia. Their potential spouses are Delores and Demetria. Demetria was abducted by aliens just as Frank and Felecia were leaving to travel to the GSL.

Once Wendy and Wilfred are married, Sharonda will marry Stan, followed by Coby and Clarice.

All of the above members of the Holden family have already made their Imaginary Friends real and their Imaginary Friends have moved out to live on their own as townies in Cake Island.

When Daryl and Dave arrive, Frank and Felecia will move out to their own home, and I expect Megan will probably make her Imaginary Friend real. Latoya might make her IF real too. I might wait until after Wilfred and Wendy have married and moved out before making the imaginary friends real because I will want to send the Imaginary Friends to the GSL to live with the remaining potential spouses and learn skills and read books. The dilemma is when to get the final three imaginary friends made real. It will happen. It would be easiest to do it and send all five of them together to the Great Southern Land. That way they will all be learning skills and reading books at the same time. But the house will be a little crowded.

At then end of this video, Felecia and Frank were left alone at the Casino, or so I thought. At midnight all of the townies and potential spouses vanished.
    Felecia-Frank001.jpg

As they continued to play I discovered Karen was still there, she'd just gone to the toilet. She returned and joined them at the poker table.
    Felecia-Frank-Karen001.jpg

I'd been wondering what had happened to Dave. I went looking for him and found him stuck in the library. Clarice was not at home either and I found her walking a long distance towards home. I have no idea why she was walking. Plenty of taxis were passing her. When she arrived at the paved road she suddenly got reset and bounced back into their home. Some of the others were out around town too. I managed to get them all home to pose for the photo. I will have to shut down now as I had to resort to MoveObjects On and picking them up and putting them where I wanted them. And when I want to start playing the game again for the next video I want it to start exactly where this episode left off.

Happy Simming All
    30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt Episode 28 is now available for you to view on YouTube

https://youtu.be/2DkS1ZFBPEQ

Felecia and Frank are in the Great Southern Land on their vacation. They are there for only 3 or 4 days. They keep themselves busy, and in the end we do manage to squeeze in an interesting wedding. In this episode they explore a few venues I made including the Magic Gnome's Magical Treasure Park, Bluewaters Fun Park, the Dome and the Spectral Bakery.

The end of the video is a tiny tutorial on making occupied tombstones using Carter's Display Case and the spirits from the Ghost Hunter career.

Felecia-Frank-Karen001.jpg

Bakery003.jpg

Bakery007.jpg

Magic-Gnome-Magical-Fun-Park002.jpg

Felecia-And-Frank-Hot-Tubbing001.jpg

Felecia-And-Frank-Wedding001.jpg

Happy Simming
    Here is Episode 29 of the 30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt.

https://youtu.be/IPzbjqhorKU

This opens in Cake Island as Demetria is returned home from her alien abduction that happened in Episode 27. Her arrival coincides with the arrival of Felecia, Frank, Derek and Dave from The Great Southern Land. It was a great relief for all to see Demetria return as she was abducted just as Felecia and Frank were leaving for their vacation in the Great Southern Land. Now they are married and ready to set up home together in Cake Island. Derek and Dave are in Cake Island to get to know their future spouses, Dolores and Demetria.

They are all in the main Cake Island household at the beginning of the video.

Everyone attends Kendall's graduation. This is the final graduation for this series.

Megan and Latoya make their imaginary friends, Cosmo and Rags, real.

Cosmo and Rags are given thorough makeovers and become Clara and Rachael.

Wendy and Wilfred are the next couple needing to get married. They move in temporarily with Frank and Felecia and the two newly made real imaginary friends join them. This was more for the ease of saving the changes to the game than for any special story line. It got to the point where I couldn't save with the main household active.

Wilfred, Wendy, Clara and Rachael fly off to live with the potential spouses in The Great Southern Land. Almost everyone in that household has a lot of skills to learn and books to read. I'm using this house as I do the boarding schools. I find it more time efficient to collect all unskilled sims together in one place and have them all learn and read recipes and fishing bait books together. It also gets them to know each other and makes for livelier worlds when they all return to live in their own separate homes.

I don't show much of them reading in The Great Southern Land. They do a bit of gardening and visit some lots. you get a guided tour of the house in which they are all living and then they head off to the Spring Festival for a festival egg hunt followed by a huge group dance on the dance floor at the Spring Festival.

There is lots happening. Next episode I'm expecting to have the wedding of Wilfred and Wendy plus more of course.

Happy Simming
    Here are some pictures from my play this morning.

I loaded Episode 29 of the 30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt a couple of days ago. These pictures show my work on the beginning of Episode 30. Not much of this is on video as it's mainly just them getting skills but some of it will be in the next video.

The thing is, I need them to learn skills so I can send them to live back in Cake Island so I need to get them skilled. Also, I need to make them learn skills or this game will get bogged down and go nowhere fast.

However, watching Sims read books isn't all that much fun, especially if you're watching a video. So I try to get them to read while I'm not recording a video.

This morning's play session has had them all doing different things so I did record bits of this. Here's the screen shots I got.

At the end of Episode 29 video the entire household went to the Spring Festival to collect festival eggs. It was a very frustrating search as mostly they searched exclusively in places where there were no eggs. They did manage to collect a few eggs.

I discovered on their return home much later that Clara had managed to pick up a Fancy Festival Egg so that was nice. I didn't see her pick up any eggs but with 11 of them it wasn't possible to keep an eye on any of them all the time.

At the start of Episode 30 they are still dancing at the Spring Festival. Except for Lionel - he's playing horseshoes.

Spring-Festival-Great-Southern-Land001.jpg

Several of them had a wish to buy a Bonehilda Coffin so I got one for them. I like to click the 'dice' button sometimes and that's what I did with this coffin. I thought the effect was interesting. A lot of things that can't be recoloured with the recolouring tool can be given random colours and patterns if the dice is clicked when in Buy Mode.

Bonehilda Awakens
    Bonehilda-Awakens001.jpg

Next morning I sent Rachael to the Spring Festival alone and she collected ALL of the available Festival Eggs. She came home with one fancy egg and one Spring Gnome.

I added a side table to the Common Room and placed the two Fancy eggs on it. Rachael got the Freezer Bunny egg and Clarice the red egg.

Fancy-Festival-Eggs001.jpg

I didn't get screen shots, but several of them had a wish to collect seeds.

I sent them to the Greenhouse to collect seeds. While there Clara kept wanting to collect more seeds so I let her do that.

When everyone was back at home Clarice and Rachael started planting their seeds. Unfortunately neither of them could plant any other than Common seeds so they set to work gardening to get their gardening skill up. They are currently at level 6 so can plant Uncommon Seeds. Mostly though, they collected Special and Rare seeds so it'll be a while before they can plant them.

Here are the two Imaginary Friends made real gardening.

Clara-And-Rachel-Gardening001.jpg

Rachel-And-Clara-Gardening001.jpg

The garden is growing. By the time I have it filled up they will have enough gardening skill to not need to garden any more. But, of course new Imaginary Friends made real will be coming to stay in the future and they will benefit from this effort.

Eventually there were no plants needing tending, and Jack had picked a pumpkin so he sat down in the middle of the garden and carved it.
    Jack-Carves-APumpkin001.jpg

After gardening for a while Lionel and Mark went upstairs to sit in their kitchen and read some recipes and fishing books. I think they are probably just reading recipes as not many of the household members have any fishing skill yet. I'll have to get to work on that soon. Now it's Springtime and the ponds are thawed they probably can go to a fishing hole together and all learn to fish at the same time.

Lionel-And-Mark-Reading001.jpg

I discovered Wilfred telling a ghost story. Only Karen was interested and sat and listened. Jack was happy watching Clarice playing the piano.

Wilfred-Telling-Ghost-Story001.jpg

Not much has been happening between Wilfred and Wendy so far today. Wendy doesn't have a very high level at anything but she's managed to get to level 3 or a little above in most necessary skills. She's read all of the recipes available to her and she's read her fishing bait books too. Since she's got to level 7 in fishing and gardening she's now ready to get married. That'll happen later in Episode 30. I still need to record video of her and Wilfred visiting some of the local venues. I added the Ice Lounge which came with one of the expansions, I think, can't remember which one. I had a look inside and it doesn't seem very inspiring but I might send this couple there for a few minutes to see what it's like at a Sim's eye view.

Wilfred's not showing much interest in befriending the cat. He might take it home with him and maybe they'll improve their relationship there. I really don't think he's going to get his lifetime wish of adopting a unicorn.

That's it from me for now.

Happy Simming.
  • DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member
    @Karritz awesome pics! I didn't know about the dice button in buy mode! TY for mentioning!

I really love all the paintings on the wall with Megan and Cosmo! they are beautiful! Clara is beautiful!

I really like how Darrel looks he seems so nice and jolly!

Such a cool looking red pet bed with the antennas on it!

lol I was laughing at your sims looking in all the wrong spots for eggs! hahahaha

Such a great video! I really enjoyed it!!!
    edited April 2021
    @DivaDoodle Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures and the video. I'm working on the next video now. Still recording game play and it appears to be going to plan.

Did you enjoy the crazy wedding in Episode 28? The one in the new wedding venue I added to the basement of the dome? The next wedding will be there too. It seems to work well there - I'll just have to remember to not serve any food until AFTER they are married next time.
    Post edited by Karritz on

@Karritz Yes I did enjoy it! lol omg that was a great job you did!!!

I'm glad to hear the next wedding will be there too!

''I'll just have to remember to not serve any food until AFTER they are married next time.'' LOL yes exactly! hahaha
    Today my sims were busy. I played on and off during most of the day.

I only managed to get 3 screen shots. It's getting late now - 10 pm.

I've been working on skills, reading books and getting Wilfred and Wendy married. They are both currently wishing to have a party - a bachelor and a bachelorette party. Wilfred just proposed marriage to Wendy and she accepted and I saved and shut down.

I found only 3 members of the household need to learn fishing. They all had 0 fishing skill. I sent them to the pond to fish.

Jack, Mark and Lionel fishing. Lionel is closest to the camera.
    Jack-Mark-Lionel001.jpg

I noticed Lionel was cold so I sent him home to fish at the wishing well. I didn't check the other two. They probably were cold too but there is only one wishing well at home so they stayed at the pond. I checked their progress just before I shut down. Lionel was at level 6, Jack at level 5 and Mark at level 4. So more work still needs to be done but it doesn't have to be done before the wedding. I might get them to improve it a bit but there is no hurry. They've been reading recipes. Of course they will still have their fishing books to read once they get their skill to level 7.

Wendy and Wilfred went into Stylist and got their wedding outfits. Wilfred got a new Outer wear outfit too. His red checked shirt and black fingernails were not my idea of suitable outerwear. Maybe I didn't give him a proper makeover when he aged up to Young Adult.

I got a couple of shots of Wendy. She scored jewellery as well as a new dress and some lipstick.
    Wendy002.jpg

Wendy003.jpg

This pair have been best friends for ages. They went on a date to the Ice Lounge tonight and then they went to the Dome in the early morning time. The wedding venue is set up for them. They had a look at it while they were there but I don't think I got any video of it. I am going to have too much to edit by the time they are married. I got a heap of video of them riding the roller coaster and that's going to take ages to edit.

Once Wilfred and Wendy are married I'll send them home to Cake Island and they can move into their new house. I haven't decided where to put them yet. All of the houses in the street where I put the previous married couples are now taken. There are other houses around the world so I'll find something for them.

The next episode will show the makeover of both houses, Wilfred and Wendy's as well as Frank and Felecia's.

Then I'll send Derek and Delores on their vacation. I think I'll send them to Isla Paradiso or maybe Roaring Heights. Haven't decided yet. I don't need them to travel to The Great Southern Land so I won't send them there. Once they've moved out of the Main Household I'll probably make the final 3 imaginary friends real and send them to the Great Southern Land. I might get Dave and Demetria married before I do that though. I'll have to work out the logistics.

I don't want to overload either household. I don't think the two Imaginary Friends made real in the Great Southern Land will be ready to move out by the time Wendy and Wilfred are ready to go home so there won't be room in that house until after Coby travels to the Great Southern Land to marry Clarice and returns to Cake Island with the pair of Imaginary Friends who are staying there. All four of them will then move out to their new homes in Cake Island.

Then Sharonda goes to the Great Southern Land to meet and marry Stan. So I might put off making the final 3 imaginary friends real until after there is more room in the Great Southern Land and either Coby or Sharonda can travel with the Imaginary Friends. When Sharonda and Stan have returned to Cake Island and moved out Megan or Latoya could take the final three to The Great Southern Land when Megan goes there to marry Mark and Latoya goes to marry Lionel. Which will leave only Constance, Joni and Kendall to meet Chris, Jack and Karen. I'm sure it'll all work out in the end.

Once they are all married and safely in their own homes in Cake Island and Gerry is alone in the main house the babies will start arriving. With 15 couples having babies, they should only need to have 2 babies each to get the 30 grandchildren. Then I think Gerry has to have another child somehow to get the badge to trigger. Only time will tell if it all happens as hoped.

Happy Simming All.

@Karritz great update with a lot accomplished! I wanted to ask about if the multitab to read on, is as fast as reading books at the library? And if you use the Multitab at the library does it increase the speed of reading further?

I like the wedding dress and necklace!

''With 15 couples having babies, they should only need to have 2 babies each to get the 30 grandchildren. Then I think Gerry has to have another child somehow to get the badge to trigger. Only time will tell if it all happens as hoped.'' that is a lot of work to go, but I know you can do it! whew!!!
    edited April 2021
    @DivaDoodle It us faster to read in the library. I have often wondered if the multitab is faster in the library but haven't tried it yet. Maybe one day I will. Sometimes I take them to the library but mostly it's easier to just let them read wherever they are. This is why I do it in batches. It is just as fast to get one sim to read a book as to have any number of them reading at the same time.

I usually set them up with 8 books queued to read and then actively play with another one or two. Provided their needs are all maximised and they don't have jobs that take them out of the house they will usually just read them all. Sitting or standing doesn't seem to matter.

EDIT: I was using my tablet and had to rush off. Then turned on the PC and it took about 20 minutes or more to get the internet working - may not be working for long. Then came back and fixed all the typos introduced by typing on the tablet.

Now - as for the process of trying for this badge taking a long time and being a lot of work. I know. But I just decided to try it this way to see what will happen. If the badge isn't awarded I'll do it the fast way. 6 instant babies instead of 15. Each of the 6 will have 5 instant babies. Then grandma will have 1 more instant baby. Should take about an hour. Or it may not work. This badge is notorious for not working. The thing is you must stick to the one household throughout. I keep moving between households so it's entirely possible the game will remember that but I'm hoping not. I think the can only be one grandparent in the active household or the grandchildren could be allocated randomly. Not sure about that. I know a lot of the Isla Paradiso Badges are allocated randomly to any sim in the household so, whilst it is possible to get the badges with multi sim households, it is extremely unlikely.

For example. When I started my Isla Paradiso Bunch videos I had never had any experience with YouTube. I just decided I wanted to learn.
    The-Isla-Paradiso-Bunch004.png
    I set up a household and played them for a while initially trying for the badge to have sims make 300 elixirs. I still haven't achieved that one. Maybe I'll set up a single sim household one day and start again. My Isla Paradiso sims made hundreds more than 300 but the badge never happened. So since I had them in Isla Paradiso and I was starting to make videos and post them to YouTube I decided to complete the badges that came with Isla Paradiso as an exercise in making the video, and mostly because there were things in the badge requirements that I'd never done and probably never would do without trying to get the badges. Well, over a period of several months I got them to complete the requirements for all of the badges I didn't already have. I think that was about 5 badges. Some I had already got. Only one of the badges was achieved. That one was having parties on a houseboat. I did some research and found that the other badges require a single sim household because each of them required a single sim to do something a set number of times. The game apparently allocates the count of the number of times a sim does something to any random sim in the household. So even if you get the same sim to do the same thing for more times than necessary to get the badge it isn't triggered because that sim who is actually doing the work may have been credited with doing it only one or two or none of the times it was done. So it is statistically possible for that sim to randomly get credited with it every time it is extremely unlikely to happen, and becomes even more unlikely if there are 8 sims in the household.

So after failing in all but one attempt at getting the Isla Paraidso badges and reading more information on it I was suddenly determined to get those badges. I started a brand new game and this led to the second series of videos. Caroline and Friends.
    Caroline015.jpg
    Caroline was a sim I'd already made to do some research for an idea I had that led to me making the McFluff Story. She was just sitting in my library waiting to be used. She lived alone until she'd achieved all of the missing badges but one - I left the parties on a houseboat badge to last and added Wilma to her household.
    Caroline-And-Wilma002.jpg
    Wilma was a new sim I'd made just for this purpose.
    Badges_IP.jpg
    Once all of the Isla Paradiso badges were achieved I decided to try for the university life badges. They'll take a long time as I was missing about 40 of them.
    Katie-At-Uni001.jpg
    Some of the other badges I want to get require an evil sim so I added Katie to the household and then I saved Caroline and Wilma and Katie to my library and started a fresh game in Sunlit Tides.
    Screenshot-195.jpg
    Since then I've added other Sims to the household according to the needs of the various badges.

Then I remembered the problems I'd had years ago when I first tried to get a sim to have 15 children. I used Patience and she had the babies but I moved around a lot and she moved out leaving babies with her partners to raise as I wasn't using mods at the time. Of course she had the babies but no badge.
    Patience002.jpg

Patience-FT001.jpg

I tried again a couple of times and failed each time.

Finally I read up on it and discovered it's best done with a male sim as the sim having 15 babies must stay put in the same household an that household must remain the active household. So I put him in a house and made him 5 female sims with traits that would make it easier for him to have babies with them all at the same time. Each female was living in a separate house. I got the badge but it wasn't trouble free. One of the ladies caught him out with the others and refused to have the fifth baby with him so another of them had to have one more. I got the badge. I don't know where that save is at the moment. I might track it down one day and add that lot to my huge collection of sims.

Anyway, that's where the idea of having 15 babies came from. Then after I started using mods I had always wanted to do more with Patience and her 15 babies. That's who I used as the basis of my Big Game. Patience is an elder in that game now and I refer to her 15 children as the original 15 sometimes - but there are 16 of them now as I found another much older game (from 2010) with one of her sons from another game living with his wife and 6 children. So I really wanted to have them in the game so I added them and used Master Controller to add him to her family tree.

So now I'm trying to do 30 Grandchildren. I decided on having 15 babies to start off with as a follow on from the earlier badge that required a sim to have 15 children. I made them all instant babies. I wasn't really thinking of making a game of it but I decided I wanted to play the babies as they grew up and then I wanted them to get their lifetime wishes. And you have been watching what has become of them. I'm pushing the romances to try to get them over in one or two episodes then I'm abandoning them to their own separate homes until I'm ready for the babies to arrive. Problem is some of the earlier marriages have produced grandchildren already. But from what I've read about how the badge works none of those babies will count. I plan to have Gerri living alone in that Main House and get each of her 15 children to have 2 instant babies each. I'll use Master Controller to do that. Or I might pollinate the females to get them to have babies the hard way. Once I see all of them have had 2 babies while I've stayed put with Gerri then I'll get Gerri to have another instant baby - or adopt a baby or something. And if I forgot to log into the site during any of this I won't get the badge. So I'll have to remember to log into the site before any of the final 30 babies are born. Log in and never move out of Gerri's house or it'll fail. It might fail anyway.

At least, if the badge won't trigger we've had a fun series of videos out of the attempt.

I added a few pics to break up a huge block of text.

Happy Simming
    Post edited by Karritz on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top