Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    I just saw the mascot doing the "Gangnam Style" dance. Wow! Sorry I missed getting a picture.

@KevinL5275 ^I LOVE seeing that! Cracks me up silly! :joy:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    edited April 2021
    Edit: Bottom text is inaccurate. There was a variable I did not see. It is the lifetime reward 'Learned Relic Hunter' that will consistently produce bottles over 100k in value (assuming you placed items on the case worth at least 100k.)

When using the Carter's XL Display Case to make nectar, there sure seems to be a penalty for going too far over 100k material value. I used to be lazy about it and place 3 tiberium on the case then fill the rest with trash, sometimes resulting in a material cost of 110-120k. This could often enough result in a bottle of much lower value that than cost, one being as low as 70k. Since I had a large cache of gems and ores stored, this time I got out a calculator and was careful not to go far over 100k. I was $8 over at the most. The result was no bottles lower than cost and usually between 108k - 124k. There was one freak bottle worth 134k. This was a great way to condense all that 'wealth' in collectables that Callum had gathered into something useful and easily stored. The bottles are going to grow in value and what cool family heirlooms :) .
    Post edited by Satanu_Reeves on
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    @HillyBeth @IreneSwift

I don't know if climbing on them is a base game action, but this mod lets toddlers ride the rocking horses:
    https://modthesims.info/d/651108/toddlers-can-ride-rocking-rider.html

I must have downloaded that and not realized it cause its in my mod folder.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP7DF5RqfQY&ab_channel=AutumnPeirson

So awhile back my sim was gardening and it sounded like he was saying some unpleasant words.XD
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @GraceyManor - Unpleasant words can be heard when pulling weeds in the garden, getting burned while taking food from the oven and, when taking a tumble while fishing. You just never know what words will come tumbling out of a sim's mouth when the situation is 'right'. :wink:
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    @GraceyManor - my female sims tend to say something like "neeta stat" and "nuzzle tip" when weeding. Don´t know what´s that supposed to mean, but I like "nuzzle tip" and may have used it in real life (only when talking to myself, not to other people, ´cause that would be weird, I guess)...
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited March 2021
    Sometimes when you go to the Elixir Consignment store to cut your gemstones... Holy frickin' Jeez...Louise. You strike GOLD.
    Screenshot-56.jpg
    This was off one spire cut. Marine pooch (Grunt) knows how to hunt for gemstones. First gemstone he found was a tiberium.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Didn´t know alien children could inherit hidden traits. But here she is, eating with chopsticks!

Screenshot-3777.jpg
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
    I didn't know doggies could climb spiral staircases.I saw my dog going up the staircase.:o
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    I didn't know dogs could sleep anywhere.
    :) Smile!

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I didn't know until a couple of weeks ago that when sims mourn at an urn or gravestone, their -50 "witnessed death" moodlet declines to only a -25 hit. I only had them mourn the first time, because I didn't want the moodlet to disappear entirely, so I don't know what would happen if they did it more than once. Still, it's a nice touch.
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Today I learnt that male sims will put their unfinished coffee on top of the urinal while emptying their bladder. Such a neat detail I have never noticed before. :D

Screenshot-26.jpg
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @Kelvin - The real question is, if a sim forgets their coffee there and another one comes along, will they pick it up and resume drinking from it? I mean, coffee is coffee, right? :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    igazor wrote: »
    @Kelvin - The real question is, if a sim forgets their coffee there and another one comes along, will they pick it up and resume drinking from it? I mean, coffee is coffee, right? :)

I think I know who took it ;)

Screenshot-23.jpg

Sims coffee is so delicious that aliens need to get some takeaway for analysis in their exterrestrial labs.
    ._.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Kelvin wrote: »
    Today I learnt that male sims will put their unfinished coffee on top of the urinal while emptying their bladder. Such a neat detail I have never noticed before. :D

Screenshot-26.jpg

@Kelvin That's hilarious! :joy:
    (I didn't even know there was a slot there to place anything on top of the urinal. :open_mouth: )

Naturally @igazor your replies to anything humorous makes it all the more humorous. :lol: 👍
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    edited March 2021
    Ewwwwwwwww... I usually have my wife hold my cup of coffee before I go into the washroom and she passes her coffee to me before she goes to the washroom to use the female's stall. Did anyone see the Mythbuster's episode on "splashbacks"...

https://youtu.be/1pFww_EaLiY
    https://www.self.com/story/toilet-plume-poop-spray
    But for all we know Sims urine contains self-sanitizing particles and everything is A-OKAY.

But still...
    575deb90941174454e8b05398497df4c.jpeg

Great to know, though, about the spaces to put things on the urinal, @Kelvin, I'll try a CC sanitizer.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Screenshot-20.jpg

Uh, did anyone know if you leave plates of food on the floor pets can eat them?
    I didn't know this! just stumbled upon dog eating a deep fried corn dog.XD
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    I didn't know that dogs could drink from the ocean.

Since drinking from the ocean isn't exactly a good idea, it would be interesting to see if you can also train them not to drink from it.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member

I learned that not long ago, when I clicked on a plate of food on the table of my sim's house. to get her to put away the leftovers. I thought my human sim was active, but the cat was. One of the menu options was "eat food."
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »

I learned that not long ago, when I clicked on a plate of food on the table of my sim's house. to get her to put away the leftovers. I thought my human sim was active, but the cat was. One of the menu options was "eat food."
    So, don't keep us in suspense. Were you able to get the cat to put the leftovers away and then do the dishes? :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited April 2021
    How to get better than Blue Book Value on a Stolen Car (in Sims 3). :D
    SellingDavidPoksMargeriteVaguester.png
    Thank you NRAAS Consigner. Pocket the car (Send to Family Inventory) and consign it at the Consignment Store or Elixir Shop)
    List Price for a Margaret Vaguester is §105,000. Note the price he got?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    I didn't know sims could "Jetpack Kiss" my sim rolled a wish to do it and I tried it out, super cute!
    I never really dabbled with a lot of these skills like tech skill.
    I honestly never knew that sims could write 'Thank you' notes to those who sent the wedding gifts until I encountered this mod fix on MTS... oops. :b Off to writing some right now then. https://modthesims.info/d/620548/write-thank-you-notes-fix.html

Just a random thought, wouldn't it also be a neat idea to be able to write a 'Woohoo you' curse mail to those nosy relatives who shoved those haunted imaginary dolls that cannot be deleted into the mailboxes? xD

._.
  • NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    I just learned that sims can order food from the bar (in the Late Night type of bars, at least), usually something like nachos or onion rings, and it always seems to be bad quality.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    IreneSwift wrote: »

So, don't keep us in suspense. Were you able to get the cat to put the leftovers away and then do the dishes? :)

No, the cat was too lazy to do that. He went off and indulged in his favorite hobby, watching the seahorses in the aquarium. I think he's trying to figure out how to get up there and nab a quick snack.
    I just learned that sims can order food from the bar (in the Late Night type of bars, at least), usually something like nachos or onion rings, and it always seems to be bad quality.

Only the dive bar has bad quality food. The local watering hole has better quality (and more expensive) versions of the same foods, and the sports bar has even better quality.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top