Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims are... smarter (?) after patch

I noticed that after last patch (PS5) my Sims are smarter than before. My sims now can autonomously do their tasks for work or school and do another smarter things. Is it a coincidence or a real change in game mechanic?

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I actually am feeling that sims are doing other autonomous activities now... i haven't had sims going to the pc or drinking water all the time as before... yesterday one of my sims started programming all by himself.
    Im not sure it started after the patch or if it's related to sim's personality. I haven't played enough already...
  • CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
    I don't know about me! My sims still seem to be broken when it comes to the A.I! They are still cooking a bunch of food then getting generic food from the fridge, some are still taking naps, (mostly the children) instead of automatically sleeping) They will always get either generic food or make food when they are hungry, they almost will never get leftovers, like maybe 10% of the time they might grab leftovers. And many other things are still wrong with my sims A.I which I can't mention off the top of my head!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I didn't have time to play much lately, buttthe one difference I noticed was not making them smarter. I.have a household with a toddler and whenever I tell the adults to do something with the child (potty training, put in bed or give a bath) they need to be in the same room. If the parent is not in the same room as the toddler, they just ignore the action. Seating like couches just make it worse. If there is a seat in the room, the adult will sit down first to talk to the toddler, even if they are standing right next to the potty, they walk over to the other side of the room to sit down and then walk back.
  • LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    Not in the game I'm playing. Sims have always done homework autonomously and teachers will grade homework especially if they have a focused moodlet. There's a couple of others that will do work tasks because it's something they'll do anyway like read a book for writers or play a game for Tech Guru.

The cooking issue needs to be patched like asap. I can't believe it's taking them so long to fix this bug. If you play autonomously all the time and have a big house hold it's pretty much a game breaker. And pranking your own toilet? Well, that's pretty much the opposite of smart. So, no it honestly seems to be getting worse with each game addition.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Mine are to busy either trying to kill themselves in thunders storms or almost starving to death to do anything useful.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,075 Member
    One of my other families were cooking unfinished or finished cakes. The kitchen was a mess afterwards!
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Yes, it's true. My sims do school, they tuck their kids in bed, and have coherent interactions with each other. They also do tasks autonomously that match up better, traits.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    That is very good to hear. :)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My Sims also seem smarter! Just with a touch of ADHD.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Yes, it's true. My sims do school, they tuck their kids in bed, and have coherent interactions with each other. They also do tasks autonomously that match up better, traits.

Vanilla game or modded? I am not seeing anything smarter. My sims want to play in the thunderstorm while scared out of their minds. Just had one burnt to a crisp yesterday while I wasn't paying attention. The kids aren't doing homework autonomously, either. They're not eating or taking care of their needs either. It's getting kind of annoying, especially in larger houses.
  • LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    My Sims also seem smarter! Just with a touch of ADHD.

Haha, ADHD is a Sims natural state. If sims could actually speak...

"Hi, Bob thanks for visiting my lovely hom.... OMG I HAVE TO TALK TO THE TOMATO BUSH!" then read for 30 seconds, watch TV for 30 seconds, then computer for 4 hours :D

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Read for 30 seconds, computer for 4 hours... sounds like my life. :lol:
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Some autonomous things that I've noticed my Sims doing are:
    - Playing chess at home more frequently. Not for hours though.
    - Using a woodworking table to craft an object. One object, not several.
    - Using a computer to do something useful like practice programming or writing instead of just chatting or browsing the web
    - Using a computer to research gardening instead of the piano, guitar, or violin.
    - I've recently seen several of my Sims actually sit down and read a book and not just browse a book.
    I definitely like seeing these changes. I also have two young adults that have started writing in their journals.
  • thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    As far as I know, many improvements from the patch are undocumented. I'm not surprised by this at all.