Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most enjoyable occult for you?

Comments

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Spellcasters
    I love the witches, sorry in my book they're witches. :D

In Sims 3, I loved the potions and in Sims 4 potions and herbal remedies and serums abound! I have to admit most of my more favorite sims are witches, just for their spells and potions. They don't need showers/tubs, refrigerators or stoves and they can repair anything with the wave of their hand. Witches can produce a whole garden without planting anything and most impressive, can even reverse death.

Vampires come in second, although most of my vamps are benign, lol. I don't really care for any other occults we have now, maybe some weres are coming soon. We can only hope.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Vampires
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    If I had to pick one world in the game to actually live in, I would chose Sulani! For sure! :smiley:

If you do decide to combine your enjoyment of Sulani with your enjoyment of vampires, be advised that sunrise occurs at 5:30 am in that world -- half an hour earlier than most. Don't let the accursed daystar catch you off guard.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited March 2021
    Vampires
    Vampires, Spellcasters and mermaids in that order. I found a couple mods that made Vampires incredibly deadly in my game, which spurned the idea of a vampire in my game who believes that her kind have a "natural right" to claim dominance over humans. I love mermaids, but sheesh I wish they were more than sims with fins. At least they could have had their own cove to reside in!
  • AudokeAudoke Posts: 4 New Member
    Vampires
    Mmm... that was not an easy choice. I really like the vampires in the Sims 4, I feel like the new system that they introduced made them even more interesting and it was a great addition to the game. I looooove witches in general, so spellcasters was a close second. I love mermaids too, but they lack depth in the game... Aliens are really interesting, but there's something that doesn't feel right with the sims 4 version. I agree that they need an update, I would like to play more with them!

(I feel bad for the Simplants, I like them in the Sims 2, but in the Sims 4 they're a bit of a joke. :neutral: )
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    edited April 2021
    Spellcasters
    Spellcasters for me. Vampires is a better pack but the spellcaster powers are very handy and flexible. Also vampires have a definite dark undertone to them while spellcaster you can play them however you want.
    As far as the other occults go I like a lot servos. I hope we will get humanoids in the future though. Mermaids are tied to the world of Sulani and aliens are not fleshed out enough.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Other
    I chose other because I don’t play with occults & don’t want them in my game.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,323 Member
    Aliens
    It's honestly hard to choose, since I play with aliens, vampires, mermaids and spellcasters all a lot. But I'm going with aliens here because I agree with the OP, they don't get enough love. :smile:

And maybe also because their big huge eyes just melt my heart. :lol:

C17-12.jpg

I just wish they had some more alien stuff, and a bigger livable alien world.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    Other
    I don't really play Occults. The only alien I play in my game is Spock, of Vulcan and his family. But then again, he is half-human. And even so, I have to use cc to give him his pointy ears, at that. I do think the abductions are fun, but haven't had such in so very long I've almost forgotten they're a part of this game. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Spellcasters
    Vampires were my favorite until Spellcasters came along.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited April 2021
    Other
    It's a tie between Vampires and Spellcasters for me. Though I've played way more Spellcasters than Vampires, I love that pack and I love the few vampires I do have. I just haven't played them as much as I'd like. Technically based on most played it would be Spellcasters, but as for most enjoyable? They're both very enjoyable, so it's a tie.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires have it all - Fun? Yes. Legitimate handicaps? Yes. Replay value? Yes. Sometimes it honestly feels that vampires pack was made by another studio. Whatever the reason may be - Vampires are REALLY good in this game and I would not even be playing the game if not for vampires. I refuse to even look at Sims 5 and Paralives unless they have vampires that e just as good or better. THis is just plain good stuff.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • thenameslynith13thenameslynith13 Posts: 55 Member
    Mermaids
    I've played with my mermaid sim the most and I love Sulani and the ocean, so I'm totally biased. But I, think vampires and spellcasters are pretty cool too. I only played a little with my alien so I can't say too much about them. I haven't played with other occult, though I hope to in the future :wink:
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    edited April 2021
    Other
    I like the way ghosts change colors, everything is funnier when done by a ghost sim wearing a pumpkin on their head, and with Paranormal having ghosts in a haunted house working as ghost hunters is just...
    So for the moment my favorite is ghosts. But all of them are fun.

Edited to add ghosts wearing pumpkins with ghosts carved in them having a seance...
    97L4OvW.png
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Other
    I rarely play with occult in general but when I do, I like spellcasters and vampires the most. I kind of enjoy the tier-type gameplay with them; which is surprising to me that I like it because I'm not really into the grind gameplay.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Why isn't there an option for "none"?
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Vampires
    sunblond wrote: »
    Why isn't there an option for "none"?

Because it's asking occult players which one they like best.
  • ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    Spellcasters
    Spellcaster...
    when you're making a bulk of sims to study in college, you'll find out that spellcasters are very very useful...
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited April 2021
    Plantsims
    I am wishing real hard that plantsims will have an upgrade and be like our sims 3 ones. I absolutely loved my plantsims in sims 3.

GxQFOkh.jpg
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires they're the most fleshed out, however I also like the Grim Reaper, Grim's Son is the best of both worlds,

365253c4f1c83111894defb887e72a58.jpg

2dbb36b935ce073d73072066fbb9657a.jpg

b0f0764574042e52f520261c80ef7386.jpg

df82a8560d165112473be3261e401c28.jpg
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires. Really well implemented here because of the progression system, especially the weaknesses. It can offer some much needed challenge, can change the way you play, and also gives great opportunities for roleplay so that each of your vampires can be different. I find myself picking the traits according to what I find appropriate for the sim in question instead of choosing the "best ones". I also really like the dark form. It's fun how they allow you to customize wildly different looks for your vampires instead of them just slapping on a specific skintone/eyecolor for everyone.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Spellcasters
    I like spellcasters the best but I also like mermaids. I like the spellcasters for their abilities but I like the mermaids for their appearance.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Other
    Spellcasters & Vampires tie in Sims 4.
    Genies & Werewolves tie in Sims 3.
  • sofiathesimheadsofiathesimhead Posts: 12 New Member
    Spellcasters
    Love spellcasters! I made two sims be roommates, spellcaster Moonshine Sams and vampire Mina Chau and Mina gives me sooo much hardships. This girl gets thirsty so quickly, and although she has powers they sort of are useless in the context that I play my games. But then I loveeeee using the spells, potions, brooms and etc to clean up the house, even prevent death, and transport way quicker than walking or flying as a bat. And The Magical Realm is literally GORGEOUS, I originally put the two in a house in Forgotten Hollow but when I visited The Magical Realm I immediately moved them into Brooks Bridge Borough in Glimmerbrook because it’s closer to the portal and gives Forgotten Hollow a run for its money!
  • AmazingFacsimileAmazingFacsimile Posts: 17 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires. They are fleshed out, interesting to play with, and the customization in CAS is great.
    I've yet to play with Spellcasters, so I cannot say anything about them at the moment.
    IQye4vr.png
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Spellcasters
    -Spellcasters are tops for me, but I am influenced by loving movies about them and them being versatile in story telling. I don't mind the overpowered thing at all I can use them as I want to and don't have to make use of what is available to me.
    -Aliens. I love to use them in a dedicated save. I do wish they would get an update and be able to be more secretive about who they are so I could play out more saves about that. I'd also love an update of Sixam or a way to have a world they could live in or travel too. As well as a way for there to be human colonists.
    The other's I just play with now and then so far with no dedicated story or save game. I know Vampires are done very well so one day...
    I'd love to play as the Grim Reaper or have them as a playable character and even have an Underworld...
    egTcBMc.png