Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Mar. '21 Bunkbeds Patch

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @shandra2183 Glad it worked out! I was going to say that it's been working for me.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Mod Updates
    Working Alarm Clocks (Scumbumbo/LittleMsSam) - do see the notes on the mod when you update
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Mod Updates
    No More Autonomous Drinks or Thirst (claudiasharon)
    No Auto Cooking or Grabbing Food (claudiasharon)
  • Options
    LancesalmoLancesalmo Posts: 39 Member
    Marijke500 wrote: »
    I'm sorry, for my case, my MC COMMAND CENTER doesn't work anymore. I did every things to remove my CCs and re install my game. But this CC doesn't work. Is someone knows if the last version has a problem ? Thank you by advance.

MCCC doesn't affect custom content at all. There is broken CC at the moment; see p. 1
    Lancesalmo wrote: »
    Is SOL working for any body what about any of her other mods? Also any body still using the LGBT mod in there game after the up date with no issues?

I haven't heard of new issues with either mod, if that helps.

It does help thank you!
  • Options
    Tool Update
    Sims 4 Studio (Andrew) - chair batch fix
  • Options
    kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    @luthienrising Not sure if you know the answer to this or if you can link me to a thread where I might find a better answer if you don't know, but does this confirm that the dev team intended to convert chairs back down to 32 bit and has no intention of making them 64 bit again in the near future? I only ask because on the S4S download page Andrew describes the chair batch fix as temporary. I have not patched since the 23rd and I am reluctant to batch my cc and update the game if there is still a good chance that the dev team may change this again. Thanks for always keeping us up-to-date. You are a godsend.
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    kirivian wrote: »
    @luthienrising Not sure if you know the answer to this or if you can link me to a thread where I might find a better answer if you don't know, but does this confirm that the dev team intended to convert chairs back down to 32 bit and has no intention of making them 64 bit again in the near future? I only ask because on the S4S download page Andrew describes the chair batch fix as temporary. I have not patched since the 23rd and I am reluctant to batch my cc and update the game if there is still a good chance that the dev team may change this again. Thanks for always keeping us up-to-date. You are a godsend.

We haven't seen a public statement to that effect, but Andrew may well have been told something. He's one of the creators who approached Maxis about the issue. I would presume that we don't know how temporary is temporary, though. Personally, I did my chairs (using the not-experimental method) and will stick 'em in place as needed while I'm playing.

CC Chair Updates
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    @luthienrising Thank you very much for your updates on mods and CC working and what is broken. It's really appreciated. Thanks to the CC creators and modders out there too for being the real backbone of the game. You are all appreciated.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    LoreaLorea Posts: 243 Member
    I got LE about ilkavelle's ChildAspiration_SchoolStar_IlkaVelle
    ("Improved Children\Children Aspirations Bundle\Children Aspirations Bundle\ChildAspiration_SchoolStar_IlkaVelle\SchoolStarAspiration_IlkaVelle.py" line 32, in SchoolStarAspiration_IlkaVelle_add_super_affordances &#10)

and ilkavelle's Children&TeenActivities_Bundle1
    (Children&TeenActivities_Bundle1.ts4script\Ilkavelle_Careers_Activities.py", line 8, in _inject return new_function(target_function, *args, **kwargs) File "C:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\Children&TeenActivities_Bundle1.ts4script\Ilkavelle_Careers_Activities.py", line 22, in ilkavelle_ShoolActivities_add_super_affordances

and sorG's sorG_Careers_Bakery
    (My Script Mods\sorG_Careers_Bakery\Scripts\sorG_Careers_Bakery.py", line 8, in _inject File "C:\Sims 4 Modding\Python\Sims 4 Python Script Workspace\My Script Mods\sorG_Careers_Bakery\Scripts\sorG_Careers_Bakery.py", line 22, in sorg_bakery_add_super_affordances )
  • Options
    bowlwomanbowlwoman Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Lancesalmo said:
    > Is SOL working for any body what about any of her other mods? Also any body still using the LGBT mod in there game after the up date with no issues?

> @luthienrising said:
    > I haven't heard of new issues with either mod, if that helps.

I uploaded my LE logs to the MCCC Discord last night, and one of the support mods told me to remove the LGBT mod because it causes whim/aspiration errors. I put a comment on PimpMySims4's patreon about this issue. I really don't want to remove it because I use it a lot, so I'll have to see if I keep getting LEs I can't live with.
  • Options
    For those mods, @Lorea & @bowlwoman, are the mods otherwise functional?

Note re. Sims 4 Studio batchfix: This batchfix is currently only chairs, not barstools. Barstools will be added later.
  • Options
    And... That Sims 4 Studio reupdate is out now!
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

If anyone knows how to get around windows not allowing this to be installed, please help a sister out. I'm using the zip, but I really prefer to have it installed instead of sitting in a folder somewhere.
  • Options
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

If anyone knows how to get around windows not allowing this to be installed, please help a sister out. I'm using the zip, but I really prefer to have it installed instead of sitting in a folder somewhere.

If it has any options to read more about the problem, click on those. That's where the override is.
  • Options

If it has any options to read more about the problem, click on those. That's where the override is.

The only option I have is clicking "Don't run". I've looked this issue up and the settings that were suggested to change are already set that way so I'm not sure what to do at this point. It's got to be some hidden security feature that I can't find.

UxXMm3a.jpg
  • Options
    bowlwomanbowlwoman Posts: 2 New Member
    @luthienrising Yes, for me the LGBT mod is working as normal.
  • Options
    LoreaLorea Posts: 243 Member
    For those mods, @Lorea & @bowlwoman, are the mods otherwise functional?

I don't know, I took them out of my game after I got LE about them. Those were working before the patch, that's the one I know.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

The only option I have is clicking "Don't run". I've looked this issue up and the settings that were suggested to change are already set that way so I'm not sure what to do at this point. It's got to be some hidden security feature that I can't find.

UxXMm3a.jpg

click don't run then it should let you run whatever your trying to do. i get it alot
  • Options
    LoL...never thought to click it. 😂😆😅
  • Options
    DarkAuditDarkAudit Posts: 169 Member

UxXMm3a.jpg

I get a "more options" link underneath the publisher, and when I click that, a Run Anyway button appears.
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Just a quick question. I'm not looking for technical help. I'm just curious.
    I just got a windows 10 gaming computer. I finally got around to installing sims 4 and transferring my saves and mods over. I was playing with no issues at all and with no warning it crashed.

My question is, can outdated/not updated mods cause the game to crash?

If so, then I'll have to do a massive update. If not, then I don't know what caused it to crash.
    Everything on my computer is current. I checked.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    Just a quick question. I'm not looking for technical help. I'm just curious.
    I just got a windows 10 gaming computer. I finally got around to installing sims 4 and transferring my saves and mods over. I was playing with no issues at all and with no warning it crashed.

My question is, can outdated/not updated mods cause the game to crash?

If so, then I'll have to do a massive update. If not, then I don't know what caused it to crash.
    Everything on my computer is current. I checked.

They can, but so can the occasional game bug. I'd suggest pulling out mods first to see if it happens, and if it doesn't, head over to AHQ. You may have a crash report with some info in it as well.

Mod Updates from Ilkavelle
    - Afterschool Activities Bundles 1 & 2
    - School Newspaper
    - Hobby Aspirations
    - Realistic Swimming
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    LoL...never thought to click it. 😂😆😅

i was afraid too but once i did it unblocked. luth can tell you i get super nevous when it comes to my coomputer . but i figured whats the worst that could happen. then hit don't run. happened.
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    @luthienrising, thank you.
    I'll have to do the dreaded massive mods update that I've been avoiding for probably too long. I know that the tons of harvestables that I have need to be updated. The hard part is updating them and not adding new ones instead.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    DarkAudit wrote: »

UxXMm3a.jpg

I get a "more options" link underneath the publisher, and when I click that, a Run Anyway button appears.

I know that Sims 4 Studio is good and trusted so when I get that message I choose more info option than the option to run is given.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top