Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Landlord/rental business

thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
I've just randomly figured out that this is somewhat doable with the help of the roommate system.
  1. Make residential lots as many as you like to call an apartment/dorm/hotel/rental.
  2. For each, create a Sim that will serve as the "caretaker" of the place. This will be the only playable Sim in each lot. The renters are the roommates of the system.
  3. Add roommates, rotate away, forget the household for a week, and continue with your usual gameplay.
  4. On bill days, switch to each of these households, play as the caretaker Sim, and make them gift the simoleons to your main (businessperson) Sim. You can also use the Split Household screen to transfer funds faster and more precisely.
  5. Profit.

Comments

• BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    This does not make sense to me.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I've just randomly figured out that this is somewhat doable with the help of the roommate system.
    1. Make residential lots as many as you like to call an apartment/dorm/hotel/rental.
    2. For each, create a Sim that will serve as the "caretaker" of the place. This will be the only playable Sim in each lot. The renters are the roommates of the system.
    3. Add roommates, rotate away, forget the household for a week, and continue with your usual gameplay.
    4. On bill days, switch to each of these households, play as the caretaker Sim, and make them gift the simoleons to your main (businessperson) Sim. You can also use the Split Household screen to transfer funds faster and more precisely.
    5. Profit.

I've never done it but you can play as a hostel/motel/b&b owner and roommates will be your clients. They pay for the bed and all :)
  • thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    5. Profit.

I've never done it but you can play as a hostel/motel/b&b owner and roommates will be your clients. They pay for the bed and all :)

Ah yes. It can be done that way. For this one, I have multiple rental businesses in mind and the ability to not live in the business.