Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    April 2 Furnished!
    bZDMrS2.png
    I just worked on furnishing her place and putting out the "garden". Of course I made her paint while I took a shot. She has to get all that money back that I spent! I left behind all her plants and even some potions and stuff even though she has the most important ones in her inventory. Since Archie's household now includes Wolfgang still I can do some fancy footwork to get anything back that I might miss. I am really happy though that I'll be playing her alone for awhile. It's my preferred way to play. Besides I need a few months break before she has a child!
    egTcBMc.png
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Skeilah - How did you get multiple sims go to uni? Did you just have them all apply?

@SoulGal7 It's super easy to cheat sims to enroll in uni. With cheats enabled, shift click on a sim (you have to be controlling them though, so you'll have to go in and play their household) and then there will be an option for University, and under that, you can click "enroll" and pick which one you want them to attend!

@permanentrose - Yeah! Thank you so much! Look out everyone, here come all the challengers to uni...once, of course, Sakura can get out of fairyland. lol
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Haha, this was hilarious :p
    WGKuHpa.jpg

Bryon why are you wearing that?!😂😂😂
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,912 Member
    @Skeilah , haha :joy: Now I need to find the other mascot and see who it is :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @lilypadmeulin - Apr 2nd - Ahhh....so Jenny and Rohan are going in separate directions. The whole scenario that you wrote is so like real life. It's kind of sad really, but sometimes, you have to do what is right for you. I love how Megumi is friends with Jenny. lol And Kiyoshi and Sakura are engaged and Sakura is living with the Itos! And Kiyoshi has gone off somewhere...yep, sounds about right. Now, in my story, Sakura looked after her grandfather, so she is a really great helper around the house. And yes, I see her character as rather shy...but moreso because she is polite and thoughtful. So, even though Megumi is trying to break up Kiyoshi and Sakura in my game (and Megumi's husband, Naoki has the mean trait), it's nice to know that perhaps there is hope for them. BTW I love Jenny's new look and the hairstyle that you chose for her.

I am actually going to have Sakura decide who she wants to be with in-game. I have done this before. I set up two identical rooms, with no skill objects, or anything else to attract someone to that room, just basically a couch and a picture. Then I place the two "potential" mates in each room, and lock them in. Then I have the chooser stand sort of in the centre between the two rooms, and the access is restricted to only them. I then clear all their whims, and see which door the chooser goes into. That sim ends up with the chooser, so in essence, the sim has chosen the one they want to be with :)
    @Ellupelluellu - lol that was funny - Bryon under the Foxbury mascot suit! Love day 1 @ uni, and Malcolm, who would have thought you were such a romantic with that suave kiss :) Melody looks super hot in that outfit! Woot! And I think she changed her hair, too. Nice house they are living in now. Did you already say what trait Melody got when she aged up to YA. If you did, sorry, I am reading this all backwards, if you know what I mean.

@Hermitgirl - The house looks really good, and nice that Roxanne will be playing alone. Sometimes it's really hard to play more than one sim in a household. And I noticed she had Grimm's guitar in her room! Woot! I think that 'The Plumbobs" might be getting together again during uni :)

@Skeilah - The list of what everyone's degree is, is a nice touch. I laughed when I saw what @Karababy52 Essa was taking...Biology...umm...yep...she knows all about the birds and bees for sure! And River in Psychology - oh that will work well, since he will be able to analyze his multiple personalities. And Sakura is in Drama, well that figures since she was in the Drama Club in high school. hehehe I love the Foxbury Commons so much better than the Britechester one. Oh dear, and I see thst Naoki is jealous of Bryon's new friend. Oops! And Bryon doesn't know about Jules' child either. Well, Bryon has been rather busy, so, yeah, he's been out of the loop on some things.

@Kanindota - Oh my gosh! How many Rivers are roaming the world now? This is rather scary, and River is bent on destruction. Dirk, Bjorn, their families...everyone around him. And then that final scene with River strangling Bjorn...oh gosh...that's a cliffhanger. Will Bjorn live to see another day? PS Congrats on achieving the Purveyor of Potions Aspiration :)

More comments later...have to get working on my story :)
    @SoulGal7 , oh I forgot that, I gave her outdoorsy, as she is almost 90% of the time outside. Was it @permanentrose , who asked about it originally :)

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yahh I'm not a slacker! Time for responses!
    @Karababy52
    What a gorgeous home. I love the colors... and room for collections!
    Now Josh and Essa can be together officially, without cheats or mods that's great.
    -No, I don't plan on getting anyone else degrees.. I don't want the added stress lol! I must have missed the try for baby comment in the first place somehow so I wasn't fooled!!

@lilypadmeulin
    Jenny looks more grown up without those pigtails... Amazing what a hairstyle will do. I love bigger rooms in a home especially many with walls that make it easier to take pictures in without too much juggling. Nice home:).
    Great post about Jenny's conversation with Megumi.. and really great advise too.

@permanentrose
    You know Ruby and Lenny have to steal the show! Ohh hello Oliver! What a lovely house.. I especially love those windows on the bottom floor.
    For your next post, I loved the shot of Jules and Ruby going to visit Jules parents. You posted great for a tired not able to be coherent day!
    -I'm afraid to send one to college much less a bunch of them. I'm not even planning to age up the other teenagers yet!
    Omg, I've done that a few times where I type out all my replies as I'm reading the stories and then hit the wrong key or don't save. It's not fun to lose it. Kind of like losing progress in your game.

@Kanindota
    I'm loving the darkness in your story. I'm sure it will resolve itself eventually but it's fun to read. Wow, that one pose .. very dark side!

@Ellupelluellu
    What gorgeous shots. Love the restaurants. I'm still amazed that.. that is Malcolm lol. I love the team spirit shots! All of your sims are always so great looking.
    Yahh! Roxanne being involved! Nice way to get death flowers, grats!

@SoulGal7
    Reading your story and getting even angrier at Megumi... and then oh snap seriously?? The dad?? Day-um you did it.. what a great twist! Mind blown!
    -I had actually forgotten to give her Grim's guitar in this play. My sims usually end up with it, you reminded me!

@Skeilah
    Lol I'm loving the running gag of poofing the house. Grats on getting in with a Distinguished Degree!
    egTcBMc.png
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @SoulGal7
    That's a cool way to have Sakura actually make the choice! I'll have to try that sometime, love it. Also to finally properly comment on your story...

I'm glad that Sakura finally told Oberon about Kiyoshi and Wolfgang, though it looks like he's still pretty determined to keep Sakura for himself. I do like that they struck some kind of deal though, and hopefully it will work out for the best. I hope Oberon realizes he's more in love with Titania or something.

Also nice behind the scenes stuff with Kiyoshi's family...I thought it was all Megumi, but it seems like Naoki is pretty set on keeping them apart too. And now Naoki is a suspect in her disappearance too...seems like he might even be worse than Megumi with what's done to keep Sakura out of their lives. Wow, didn't suspect that!

Poor Kiyoshi. I honestly don't know who I hope Sakura will choose in the end - both Wolfgang and Kiyoshi are such solid choices!

@Kanindota
    Poor River. What a thing to find out about his mom's past, and about Bjorn's true character. River summoning copies of himself - it feels like the plot of a psychological thriller, haha. He seems like he's losing his grip on reality for sure...I do like this dark River plot, and using magic as a form of vengeance makes for a good storyline

@Ellupelluellu
    Yay for more updates from you! And the towel couple is back :D And now they have a big bed so they can both sleep in it. I have to admit, the few times I've visited Foxbury now, it does seem like the cooler school, haha! I think Jules will end up at Britechester though. I really like that you have them both going to different school since now you can visit both campuses. And Melody does look great in red :) What is she majoring in? Sorry if you mentioned that and I just missed it

@Hermitgirl
    The house looks great, and it probably will be nice just to control Roxanne for a while now. Do you know which school she's going to attend yet?

Ruby and Lenny steal the show daily lol. There's a picture of them for my update tomorrow that just about killed me with how cute it is, can't wait to officially share it tomorrow. And it really is the worst to lose what you type. I might just have to start writing things in my email drafts for something so they autosave so I don't keep doing this haha

And now, I believe, I am finally all caught up! Hope everyone is having a great start to the weekend - and has a wonderful Easter if you celebrate!
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @SoulGal7

I feel like they might break up, but I'm still not sure - and yep, Sakura is living with the Itos! But Kiyoshi is going off, or at least trying to, but his parents are both busy, so it's kind of a mess. In my story, Megumi is more exasperated that Kiyoshi seems to think she'll drop everything to make Sakura at home, when she's just too busy. I haven't decided on Naoki's character yet, though.

I actually really like the idea of setting up things so Sakura chooses by herself! I'm a bit of a romantic, so I'm torn, but I actually really like the idea of her with Wolfgang because his family is so nice to her, the polar opposite of the Ito family in your story.

@Hermitgirl

Thank you! I really enjoyed giving her a makeover, and I'm very happy to have made such a nice house. They generally don't come out so well, so I'm pretty chuffed.
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    edited April 2021
    000.png

@permanentrose Yes, it's the first time any of the cats have gotten sick. I have played households before where the pet was always sick, but this one's only happened once.
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    April - Day 2: "For the two of us, home isn't a place. It's a person. And we are finally home."

tLc3PV6.png

Notes
    XaizS5m.png
    I know y'all have seen these two going at it like bunnies a lot, but this shower woo hoo is special in that it was finally possible in their new house. Why? Well, in the original build the shower stall was tucked back between two walls and for some reason Sims can't woo hoo when it's in such a location.

No big deal to most, but, hey you know these two, they love to woo hoo, anywhere and everywhere! Especially now that they've been apart for so long. Sooo, I had to do something about it! I spent quite awhile remodeling the 1st floor to make it happen, probably too much. But I'm stubborn! :D And voila! Enjoy you two!

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program...

L8z2YZM.png
    Another thing that Josh and Essa have always enjoyed doing together is playing on the console. Josh is an expert, but Essa is no slouch either. She's only beat him once though and is determined to do it again.

hr0P4X7.png
    "Huzza! Take that Mr. Expert!"
    (Whoa! She's been researching again. Or playing a lot, or something. I can still beat her, but should I let her win? Nah...)

QMilRtz.png
    "What!? Really!? Mannn..."
    "Sorry Beautiful."

3uNPCdE.png
    "All that research for nothing! None of it worked."
    "Maybe you should try a different website or something."

HM4NfFz.png
    "But, but, it seems so legit, the owner is a three time tournament champion and everything. I paid extra for super secret tips too."
    (Uh huh, sure, scam. Wish I'd been here to warn her.)

uBrwsdA.png
    "Do you think I got ripped off?"
    "Maybe...probably...yeah, you did."
    "Dangit!"

3Q7RN92.png
    "Alright, you won fair and square, again. What do you want for a reward?"
    "I think you already know what I want."

RNcOrda.png

HdDgcbE.png
    "You can have my kisses any time, how is that a reward?"

NuiFKtD.png
    "Because I can never get enough of your kisses. They're so sweet. I'll always want one more."

khTNhZV.png
    This is the moment when Josh got the Smitten sentiment for Essa. I noticed he got a sentiment, but I didn't know what it was until I was looking in his inventory later for upgrade parts and then decided to see who was on his friends list. I am so looking forward to the day they both get 'deeply in love' for each other. I hope it happens.

5s4Uccb.png
    "Oh Gawd, that feels so good. Thanks!"
    "Why are you so tense, feels like you got rocks in there."

f6rCsvB.png
    "Think about it, all the plans and stress of buying this house, enrolling in school, waiting for scholarships, and on top of all that, dealing with some other majorly stressful stuff."

MX09x4Z.png
    "Oh? Like what? Something happen you haven't told me about?"
    (Oh man, why did I say that? Now he knows something's wrong. I don't want to tell him right now. Not right after he just got home. Don't make me Josh, please?)
    (You know he'll kill him, or try to anyway.)
    (Ugh, I know. I should've told him a long time ago and, I will. Just not now.)
    (Think, think, what do I say? How do I get out of this?)

Gy6tTqq.png
    "Oh, please, can we just forget about that for now? I'll tell you, but let's just enjoy being together for awhile, okay? You don't need to stress about it too. Not when you just got home. Okay? Everything's just been so wonderful having you home now, I just want to be with you and forget about everything else."
    (Just let it go Josh, for now. Look at her face, she's practically begging you to drop it.)
    (I'll drop it, but I won't forget. She'll tell me whatever it is. I trust her.)
    "Alright, but promise you'll tell me? Soon?"

"I promise."
    "Okay... so, speaking of enjoying being together..."
    "I know what that means, race you? Hey! Wait for me! No fair you got a head start!"
    Josh had jumped up off the couch and was running toward the stairway laughing wildly as Essa tried to catch him. They spent the next little while in bed relieving stress the best way known to man.

vhZPSD9.png
    Later, Essa checked for updates on the scholarships she'd applied for, but everything was still just 'pending.'

J4dFvnn.png
    Meanwhile, Josh went downstairs without bothering to get dressed and decided to upgrade the console as a surprise for Essa, and the television too while he was at it.

61QTMvN.png
    Essa took some time to practice her debate skills in the bedroom mirror. She wasn't sure if she'd join the debate team of whichever Uni she ultimately chose, but it wouldn't hurt to be prepared just in case she did. She's Level 7 at the moment. Hopefully she'll have it maxed before Uni starts.

uiY8jpd.png
    Josh was still tackling the television upgrades. I thought he had the Nerd Brain aspiration which gives Insta-upgrade, but he doesn't. However, he does have the Handiness skill maxed out.

Hmm, why did the song, "Happy Trails to you" just pop into my head?

9RjP95C.png
    Done with the upgrades, Josh was feeling very confident. He loves being able to make Essa's life easier in any way he can. Good job Joshie, I'm proud of you! Now go put some clothes on!

Or not... ;)

Comments and replies coming up next! BTW @permanentrose, I was right! Essa's third trait is Creative. Tomorrow's post will have a new wardrobe and remodeled look for both and I'll try to stick to just story mode like I meant to this time. Oh well... Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @permanentrose
    Definitely for the best! Josh could take of the baby/toddler while Essa went to school, but I just want to concentrate on Essa's schooling and the two of them enjoying being together again. Besides I want Josh to work on some aspirations/skills he doesn't have yet while she's at school. :)

I think it should be in addition to cat or dog lover instead of replacing those with it. Not everyone likes cats or dogs. I give the creative trait to most of my Sims too. LOL Yeah, I couldn't resist, that screenshot was begging for a fun line like that. ;)

I remember Remembrance Day in your game. Great idea using the missing tomb to possibly develop some kind of story around. Cute how Ruby hugged the ghost. Great that Jules was able to tour both schools with Sofia. The Britechester campus is a lot prettier to me, but I like the Foxbury commons better. Still haven't decided what Essa will take for her major yet. So funny when toddlers whip off their clothes to wander around. At least they get movement skill out of it. ;)

Yes, Josh and Essa will have a child(ren) at some point in the future, but probably not for awhile yet. Thanks about her house and Magic Artifacts collection. I just couldn't part with them, took a lot of work to get them and it's not complete yet. Maybe when it is I'll pick and choose a few items, but she's kept everything so far, except for duplicates. Oh yeah, I know you can get a romance going very quickly in this game, I just wanted to move things along even quicker since they're already supposed to be in love according to the story I have going for them. Beguiling is just fun anyway, all the animations crack me up! :D I love that shot of Essa aging up! Did you notice the sparkles on her nose? She looks so shocked, like "What the heck just happened?" LOL

@SoulGal7
    What!? Whoa! Did not see that coming at all! All this time it seemed like Megumi was the one and it turns out to be the Dad. Good job with that! You fooled everyone! I still think she was in on it though. I don't blame Kyoshi for saying that to his parents and leaving to find Sakura. Wow, I'm still reeling here. I have to admit though, I'm surprised he'd just come right out with all of it as a matter of fact. He didn't even try to cover it up or anything, just admitted it right away. I guess it's true what they say, it's the quiet ones you have to watch out for. o.O

@Skeilah
    Aww, I love Naoki! He's such a sweet guy. Congrats to him for getting the Scientist position. Had no idea he had a geek side. Go Naoki! Such a cute exchange between him and Bryon about collecting more stuff and trying to pass it off to Kristine. Of course he couldn't resist her, he's smitten! Congrats to Bryon too for getting into the Distinguished Computer Science program, exactly what he wanted. Love how he and Naoki are hugging with Kristine watching them in the last screenshot. Great update! :)

Hmm, so Essa is in Biology. Yep, I can see that for her. It's one I've been considering for her as well. Cute study room, has the basics for studying, that works! Have to agree with Bryon, I like the Foxbury commons much better than Britechester's commons. Nice that he saw Astrid there. She's such a cutie! Poor Isaius, not even knowing how to work a cell phone. Gabbie will help him out. ;) Oh dear, calm down Naoki! That guy is just a schoolmate and Bryon loves you. Interesting what the jealous trait is like. I've only had one Sim with that trait and I hated it! I took it away almost instantly. It's ridiculous!

Nice that he has Jules to run to and talk about his problems. I wonder why Naoki hasn't told Bryon about Ruby.

@lilypadmeulin
    I'm loving them being together for good, at last, too! They've been through a lot so yes, Essa and Josh both deserve some happiness in their lives. At least for awhile. :)

Glad we're on the same page about Jenny and Rohan. It's sad though, they make such a cute couple. Maybe they can work it out, maybe not. I guess that remains to be seen. Ohhh, so you're contemplating an 'Opps' baby eh? That seems to be going around a lot lately. Thankfully not for Essa though. ;) Anyway, it's a great build, you should be proud!

Ah, so Megumi has talked Jenny into thinking about talking to Rohan. Good! They do need to talk. So fun that Sakura and Kyoshi are a couple in your game. I wonder if they end up together in SoulGal7's game too. It's interesting too how Megumi is portrayed so different in the two stories. She seems so meek and mild, very proper in yours, and a total witch in SoulGal7's story. :D

Something I don't understand though, why exactly is Megumi upset about Sakura living in her home? Is Kyoshi going to the Olympics training camp in your game too? You'd think Megumi would look at this as an opportunity to get to know the girl her Son is marrying. Is she just afraid Sakura will think of her as a meddling future MIL or something? She kept saying Kyoshi was leaving her there, alone. But she won't be alone and so what if she is? Anyway, great update. :)

@Ellupelluellu
    Ohhh, okay, that makes sense. You're right too, I just didn't remember you'd previously mentioned how all that was going to happen. Sorry about that. Makes sense Melody would do the paranormal stuff just as a hobby too, considering who her Dad is. ;)

Towel couple is back! Yay! ;) Wow, they sure had day packed with activities eh? So sweet how Malcom autonomously gave Melody a suave kiss! I love her boots too! Love the smug look on Melody's face in that one screenshot. She is SO pretty! Love the long hairstyle, it suits her. Ohhh, so Malcom was pranking the school for the aspiration. He joined a club? Sheesh all that and then off to the Realm later. Very nice. I'm still loving the side by side cauldrons. :) Death flowers! Gah! Essa bought one but never planted it, Opps! Thanks for the reminder. ;)

Oh man, how funny that Bryon was the lobster mascot! I love it!

@Hermitgirl
    Roxanne's house looks fabulous! So cute and cozy, I love the round porch too. Would love to see what the exterior looks like though. You haven't showed it yet. ;) Which room is your favorite? I like them all, but I think I like the bedroom the best. The study/TV room looks fun though too, with the guitar and amps. Great job on that! Playing with just a single Sim is my preferred way to play too, it's the most comfortable for me. I think it'll be fun having Josh live with Essa though. It's been fun so far anyway. Especially with no autonomy! LOL I tried to put full autonomy on and it was too frustrating! Gah!

Thanks! I love the bright colors too. Much different than mostly just black/white with splashes of purple in her Glimmerbrook house. I have to admit I love that house more though. I'm a country girl at heart, so it just suits me better with it's fairytale country vibe. This one is cool though too, but I miss all the trees.

Yup, officially together for real now! No more alternative save needed. :) Ah okay, I don't plan on getting anyone else a degree either, not even Josh. It's stressful enough just trying to do it with one Sim. Hopefully some of the challenge Sims show up as classmates though, that would be cool. I just gave them all the Uni aspirations in hopes that would help make it happen. Oh darn, you missed my little April Fools joke/prank. Oh well, it was fun, but I'm glad she really isn't preggers. o.O

@AnnoyingTiger
    Congrats to Astrid for completing the Freelance Botanist aspiration! Did she pass out and one of the cats is walking on her? Poor Astrid! Fun when they get a bonus frog from weeding the garden. Penelope looks so cute in her little glasses. Congrats on the Masterpiece! Good job Astrid! Aww Essa asked Astrid to the Humor and Hijinks festival. Cool! And of course everyone went with her, including the cats. :D Did they win? So funny how Penelope decided to go nakey and everyone is shocked. Interesting painting, I don't think I've ever seen that one in game before.

Ooo, did she get another Masterpiece? Nice! I think Bjorn might have a crush on Astrid the way he keeps asking her to hang out with him. :D Nooooo! Poor Duane! Gah! Get rid of that thing! :D Uh oh, they're both going through phases at the same time. This can't be good. o.O Will you be aging them up to YA any time soon? I'm sorry if you've already said when and I just don't remember.
    @Karababy52

Josh is so HANDSOME. I also love how deeply connected he and Essa are - they always seem to be so in love, and it's beautiful to see. I also like that he trusts her and respects her boundaries, we're here for it. I do wonder how Josh is going to react when Essa reveals the whole Damon thing, especially her revenge on him.

I'm going to build Jenny's life a little more before she and Rohan have the conversation. Maybe towards the end of the month Jenny can have her 'oops' baby, but yeah, it seems like that would suit the narrative more. Maybe after the first attempt at having the conversation with Rohan, because I really can't see him fully listening for the first one, but being pregnant would give her the drive she needs. At the moment she's held back by the fact she loves Rohan so much.

She's definitely more proper in my story! She's a great mother figure for Jenny, and the reason she's frustrated is because she's busy and Sakura just moved into a new place that isn't really hers, and Kiyoshi expects his parents to look after her when they don't really have the time to. Kiyoshi is headed for the Olympics, for sure, but he's not quite hit training camp yet - I'm thinking he goes after the wedding.

The issue is more that Sakura is nervous, and in Megumi's opinion, Kiyoshi should be the one looking after her. She's happy to get to know her, but she can't look after her in the way Kiyoshi expects because she's just too busy. But she does feel someone needs to be looking out for Sakura while she adjusts to being part of the Ito family.
    @Karababy52
    I’m actually quite enjoying this jealous trait😂 it makes for good drama lol. Previous month was so busy that Naoki (and I) forgot about the little detail named Ruby😅
    Update 92 - Playdate

7YOzxWh.png

Notes:
    Oliver had texted Jules that morning to ask if she wanted to bring Ruby over for a playdate with Theo. It sounded like the perfect way to pass some time as she waited to hear back from the universities she had applied to.

Ruby, of course, was being her strong willed sassy self, and had refused to put on real clothing for the day, instead insisting upon wearing mismatched pjs with her rain boots. Not a battle worth fighting...
    SzJ968Z.png

Upon arrival, Oliver offered Jules a cup of coffee and they sat down on the couch as the kids greeted each other, though Ruby was much more enthusiastic than Theo.
    xC9ViFh.png

Jules apologized on Ruby's behalf, though found herself chuckling. "She's a strong-willed kid. Always insisting on trying things for herself and doing things her way. And I never seem to know what to do with that crazy hair of hers."
    MvFe1Yw.png

Oliver smiled in return. "Theo can be the same way. But about her hair...that's actually something I can help you with, if you'd like. I do my own hair," Oliver explained, pointing to his neatly fashioned dreadlocks, "and I also have four younger sisters, so I got pretty good at helping them do their hair over the years. I can teach you a few simple styles for textured hair."
    vWh53mY.png

Jules was impressed. Oliver sat Ruby down with a book in front of couch and bunched Ruby's hair into two tight, neat buns on each side of her head. "They key is keeping them distracted when they're this young. I could get some pretty cool styles done for my sisters when they were watching movies," Oliver told her.

"It's so cute!" Jules enthused. "Thank you!"

Ruby's like, yeah I know I'm just the cutest.
    Qo7HaJd.png

Then I noticed that Theo had gotten the festering grudge sentiment toward Ruby...guess he really didn't like that hug. I had planned for them to be best friends, but with how long this sentiment apparently lingers, this friendship might be doomed :D

Ruby's thinking, yeah, whatever, you can't win 'em all.
    sApj70N.png

Oliver's wife, Sonia, returned home from work then.
    JEL2MMO.png

And I thought this was super cute - Oliver came over and started autonomously serenading her. Perhaps this is their daily routine. They do seem quite in love - and what a fine looking couple they make :)
    GKYCao8.png

When Oliver finished serenading his lovely wife, he introduced her to Jules. The pair sat down on the couch and began to chat a bit. Sonia is the Director of Academics at Britechester University, and when she heard that Jules had recently applied to Britechester, she suggested a few scholarships for Jules to look into.
    5r1H48w.png

Back at home, Ruby was exhausted, so she and Lenny took the cutest nap ever, hands down.
    nLyY7mj.png

And Jules went upstairs to apply for the scholarships that Sonia had suggested.
    8ZAeuGt.png

(She totally doesn't need scholarships to afford school, but I'm pretending that realistically, as a young mother putting herself through school, she'd totally need all the help she could get to afford school)
    @permanentrose

Ruby looks so cute with her hair in those bunches, I'm squealing! I mean, Ruby is always cute, but I love that she had such a lovely playdate (minus the grudge) and I think it's so cute that toddlers CAN hold grudges, lol.
    April 3
    rHExvbP.png

Bryons Diary
    - Yesterday evening -

Naoki and I talked with each other. We wanted this little misunderstanding out of the way as fast as possible. He told me about him being a 'little' jealous and how embarrassed he was for running away like that.

ebVypkC.png
    I thought it was rather cute. It meant that he cared for me. A lot. I looked him straight in the eyes told him that I only have eyes for him. (Hehe)

Dv2lfA9.png
    And then I tickled him.

(Naoki) "Stoppp!! Stoooopp!!! Hahahahahahha!"

Everything was fine again. Good. I don’t want him to be sad over something like this.

---

cSqeFHg.png
    Today I’ve been preparing for school. First thing on the bucket list: Practicing my debating skill a bit more in front of the mirror in my bedroom.

KP0mQ8E.png
    Second: My first attempt on my Auditing Artificial Intelligence presentation.

S5986eF.png
    Yup, I hurt myself with a thumb nail.

YTMT9yf.png
    Third: My homework for Programming Principles.

HpKv0Yk.png
    (Randi) "BRYON!!! ROO IS IN LABOR!!"
    (Bryon) "... What?"

Yup, suddenly this happened lol. Roo got 2 kittens once again: Noodle and Belle.

ny5SLh9.png
    I’m sorry but this is too much😂😂

AGmlkmP.png
    Roo is now sterilised.

VpE6PP9.png
    Noodle and Belle were put up for adoption.

gyMAWZA.png
    Noodle was adopted by the Bacon family.

o5XJ2gb.png
    Belle is now with the Creshaw family.

29GDpYb.png
    Seems like Roo, Nacho and Waffles don’t mind being with just the three of them.

Anyways - back to the study room. I'm not even halfway done.
    @Skeilah

Noodle and Belle! Oh my goodness, Roo going into labour like that absolutely sent me. Roo just pops out little clones all the time!

Going to answer to mentions, I will be back at commenting posts again, soon :)
    @SoulGal7 , Yes Melody has longer hair now, she will have even longer when she gets to be an adult :)
    @Hermitgirl , Thank you :) Haha yes that is indeed Malcolm, he still has his original traits, so he keeps having that maniac laugh at time to time, and does pranks to strangers. And maybe in this update he reminds more of his "old self" :joy: Roxanne will be in these updates a lot as she belongs to that same UNI club as Malcolm.
    @permanentrose , heh that towel is actually because I use a quick-shower mod, and always after they use it , they dress to towels :) And after showering in the morning, the first thing to do is gardening :p I do not know how it is in English, but she has a major what leads to acting career.
    @Karababy52 , Haha they will have days full of activities, that I can say :p In top of it, Melody has a curse now too, a bit annoying one :D You'll see tomorrow :p Oh yes , Melody will join a club too, she is under curse while she does it, so it'll be a bit funny :joy: Thank you , I like that hair on her too :)

Melody Connors ... +Malcolm
    Day 3 April.

MzTzI0c.png

7h9eGgL.png
    luwnsIX.png
    Both started the studying part seriously.
    CN60neK.png
    Sakura was often running from the path to Realm.. I didn't see Bryon.. tho he might be busy pretending to be a lobster at Foxbury :joy:

481prpx.png
    Speaking of Foxbury, Melody needed some school stuff to take care of. And they will attend to that guest lecture from there tonight.
    RxAtyCj.png
    "And what shall I do in here while waiting?"
    uFY5aUG.png
    "Hmmmmm!!!!!"
    uM0lbSW.png
    "Nobody sees me, right?!"
    4tmuGBT.png
    "YAAYYYY!!!!"
    IXkWTkM.png
    "These dudes are crazy! That one left perfectly well plate of pancakes in the ground! I'll eat those!"

And inside.....
    mdRAIHK.png
    M:" Hey Duane! Why you have plate of pasta in the wall?? Not so hygienic.. "
    D :"WHATT???!!"
    MzTzI0c.png
    LTsdDip.png
    M: "Hihihiiii..."
    p0Nd3fW.png
    D : "You fooled me.. why?"
    M: "Muahahahahaaaa!!!"
    D : "....."

9UWyiHR.png
    Melody: "Why we had to grill? There is free food in cafeteria..."
    PLXp0xP.png
    Malcolm: "Believe me , dear, your cooking is way better than Duanes!"
    Melody: "Aww..."

8bjhoNh.png
    EggutZ1.png
    7RvMOea.png
    To a night club at Gibbs Hill. Jules was a bartender.

CQnL9Xo.png
    1fiv3nL.png
    6gziuqR.png
    Malcolm went to play Sabacc ... he lost.
    Melody went to play drinking game with Jules.. she lost.
    2 lessons from this night, never gamble against Nikolas and never play drinking games with a bartender!

3yWO9BU.png
    It was very late, and both of them had classes at the morning, so fast trip to shopping.
    VZEqnAP.png
    Yep, that's Essa... first Bryon was the mascot, Jules a bartender and now Essa as ghost vendor :joy:

9b1skHY.png
    U44J2mM.png
    And what ever drama there might of been between these, all seems to be well now :)

@Ellupelluellu

Love seeing everyone pop up in your game!
    @Karababy52 - Glad you love that surprise twist with Kiyoshi's Dad. Well, he would come out and tell the police something like that because he is an esteemed member of the community, and didn't think he had done anything wrong. He just felt he was protecting his son, and what's blocking a number. Right? It's not against the law. And keeping some mail from his son, again, not against the law. He was probably thinking that the police would agree with him, so, yes, he was straightforward about it. And figured that Kiyoshi should thank him for doing research on Sakura's background, to prevent an "undesirable" from entering the family. lol Problem is, though, now, because Sakura is missing, and foul play is suspected, Naoki is under investigation. But, Yes, Megumi feels that Sakura is an interruption for Kiyoshi and his...er...HER plans for him to go to the Olympics. She also wants him to get back together with Kaori, because Kaori's grandmother is friends with Megumi, and the marriage of Kaori and Kiyoshi would certainly help her husband's business and convincing Kaori's grandfather to push through on development of Mt. Komorebi. Yes, poor Sakura. And the poor girl is not even from Mt. Komorebi, but a village outside of Mt. Komorebi. (It will come out in a few chapters from now that the research that Kiyoshi's Dad or whoever he hired to do the research was incorrect and Sakura's great-grandmother was not an Oiran or high-paid prostitute).
    @lilypadmeulin
    I think it's funny that toddlers can hold grudges too, but I think they should have their own set of sentiments rather than what they use for adult sims, because toddlers don't hold very long grudges. That festering grudge sentiment is super hard to get rid of too...I hope that if Ruby and Theo don't hang out for a bit though, it will just go away. I hear though that if you have a toddler develop it toward a parent, they can still have it when they age up! I think being in close proximity to the person makes it last longer though. Anyway, I am not opposed to cheating it away though if it gets too annoying haha

@Karababy52
    Eh, who needs story mode when these two can just go at it like bunnies all day? ;) I don't think any of us are complaining LOL. I've definitely done the same thing, spending a long time in BB mode, trying to get things to work perfectly in a tiny layout.

Nice to have them playing video games again, that's a classic Essa and Josh go to activity. And then topic of Damon almost came up. Yeah, she is gonna have to tell Josh at some point, but I agree that she can wait until a more ideal time. Let them settle into their domestic bliss first :) It is cute that they can do actual romance interactions now!

It must be fun for you to have Josh to control too, since he's a super sim and doesn't have many needs, but you still have some things to work on with him. I find myself cheating Dell and Sofia's needs most days since they are not super sims lol, just so I can focus on Ruby and Jules more without feeling like I'm going insane :D

@Skeilah
    And things are right in the world of Bryon and Naoki once more. Glad they were mature and talked about it. Though I still sense there might be more drama with Naoki's jealousy trait to come in the future...That make up tickle was super cute though.

And lol, of course Roo had more kittens. These pets reproduce like bunnies if left unfixed. It will be in your best interest to have her sterilized though, haha. Glad the two new kittens could make two families very happy though.

@Ellupelluellu
    Lol, that look on Malcolm's face in the daily shot was priceless. And also him TPing the statue was great too. We get to see a little bit of that Landgraab devious side from time to time with him. Funny comment too about how they could get free food in the dining hall but Malcolm said she was a much better cook than Duane :D

Also so fun that Jules was the bartender, and yep, leave it to a bartender to know her bar games too haha. Always fun to see all of our sims in your game!

@AnnoyingTiger
    That's nice that your cats aren't always sick. That would be a pain. And uh oh, double mood swing. Penelope's like, oh boy, I'm gonna have to be the responsible and reasonable one around her now, LOL
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    @Ellupelluellu

Lol! I’m very glad to hear that Jasper doesn’t run around looking like that too often. He is a big star, he shouldn’t be so silly looking, lol. And ok! I’m sure Alexander loves dressing up as Vader. He seems like the type that would do that 😅

I love this latest update.
    2 lessons from this night, never gamble against Nikolas and never play drinking games with a bartender!
    This is very good advice 😂

They seem to be loving learning magic and learning at University. And I see Malcolm up to mischief. Lol, he’s such a naughty boy! 😅
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
    edited April 2021
    Okay, one mystery left is now solved :)
    8iZK6Hc.jpg

Eta, correcting typos.
    Post edited by Ellupelluellu on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top