Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trait Overhaul Mod by Bienchen.

I was wondering if it’s okay to use this mod with the Personality Please mod or will they conflict?

I really like the idea of trait overhaul.

Comments

• HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    I'd second this question. I would like to use both of them.
  • DarkFoxGirl13DarkFoxGirl13 Posts: 45 Member
    I'm not a modder, but I've heard them say that if there's a mod doing similar things that they'll cancel each other out. They can't separate and create stand-alone codes for most things, so consequently they have to overhaul or override the existing codes for things like traits so it can be individually modified. That's why some mods won't work together, because both are overwriting the same code.
    So based on the descriptions, I'm 98% sure they would conflict; sadly. But this is just a opinion since I don't have the Personality Please mod.
    Hope this helped. Real sorry if you already knew all this! Just thought explaining what I heard might help you.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Tagging @83bienchen because it's their mod.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
    I’ve used both before and had no problems, however that was before the most recent patch that made trait changes.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Not sure about the latest update, but Bienchen earlier stated that there was no conflict with the trait overhaul, but there is a conflict with conversation tweaks. I'm actually using that one instead of Personality Please as it now includes less idle chat, and I have difficulty understanding the information on Personality Please with all the cross outs and changes on the website. I was never sure just what to install.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    Not sure about the latest update, but Bienchen earlier stated that there was no conflict with the trait overhaul, but there is a conflict with conversation tweaks. I'm actually using that one instead of Personality Please as it now includes less idle chat, and I have difficulty understanding the information on Personality Please with all the cross outs and changes on the website. I was never sure just what to install.

Trait overhaul conflicts with Bienchen's conversation tweak? Im using both but i haven't noticed anything wrong...
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited March 2021
    telemwill is right, those two mods (Personality Please and traitoverhaul) do not conflict at all. They use completely different tuning files.

Personality Please does conflict with my conversationtweak, but it's barely noticeable. There are only a few tuning files that are tweaked in both mods. The game will only load one of the conflicting tuning files, but there won't be crashes or LEs. Both mods will work a little diffent than intended if used together. The files we both tweaked are rather similar for the most part, so there's not much to notice there.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    Oh got it :)
    edited April 2021
    I've just found out another great mod from Bienchen...

https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/ab-ins-schneeparadies-snowy-escape/

lifestyletweak

here's the description:

"This mod weaks lifestyles so that they are less annoying and more varied. It consists of several modules that can be combined just as you wish.
    There is one file for each lifestyle / pair of lifestyles (work, coffee, food, traveler, inoutdoorsy, technic, friends, adrenaline, sedentary, energetic). This module tweaks lifestyles to be more varied so that not every Sim gets the same lifestyles and some lifestyles can hardly ever be achieved. It also gets rid of some minor annoyancs like workaholic Sims heading off to work whenever left unattended.
    For instance, the friends module will take in account only good friend to determine whether a Sim get the cofidant lifestyle. The cap is at four good friends, near family member do not count. On the other hand, Sims will need at least 18 good friends (no near family members) to achieve the networker trait."
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited April 2021
    texxx78 wrote: »
    I've just found out another great mod from Bienchen...

https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/ab-ins-schneeparadies-snowy-escape/

lifestyletweak

here's the description:

"This mod weaks lifestyles so that they are less annoying and more varied. It consists of several modules that can be combined just as you wish.
    There is one file for each lifestyle / pair of lifestyles (work, coffee, food, traveler, inoutdoorsy, technic, friends, adrenaline, sedentary, energetic). This module tweaks lifestyles to be more varied so that not every Sim gets the same lifestyles and some lifestyles can hardly ever be achieved. It also gets rid of some minor annoyancs like workaholic Sims heading off to work whenever left unattended.
    For instance, the friends module will take in account only good friend to determine whether a Sim get the cofidant lifestyle. The cap is at four good friends, near family member do not count. On the other hand, Sims will need at least 18 good friends (no near family members) to achieve the networker trait."

Oh nice. I am definitely going to try this. Thanks for sharing and also thanks to @83bienchen for making our game experience better.