Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Dependent on Mods to Play TS4?

1235...Next

Comments

• TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    No.
    I don't rely on mods to fix anything (outside of giving males actual curvature below the waist so they're not flat crotched Ken dolls), they're mainly just for fun and for new wardrobe options.
  • maxissims1maxissims1 Posts: 6 New Member
    Yes.
    sadly, yes lol
  • CausingNickel0CausingNickel0 Posts: 20 Member
    No.
    I am console player so even if I wanted to use CC I can't. But creating content and improvements is devs' work. The game should be fun itself, not because of mods.
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Yes.
    I used to play without completely mods. I didn't attempt any mods until sims 3. But for that one I only had NRAAS.
    Now that I play sims 4 I started with MC Command Center then started reading in here about other mods and I would look up ones that sounded interesting. Now I have so many mods it's not funny. I have removed a bunch that I either haven't used at all, no longer use, or decided that I don't like but sadly, it barely made a dent. Most of my mods are harvestables, custom foods, appliances and things like it, and traits. I have too many custom traits. If some of this is CC I wouldn't know.
    I don't use CAS items though, unless it comes in the set like the Henry Puffer set.
    I just got a new computer (Bigger, faster, quieter) and now I'm trying to get into the mindset to remove or rethink some of my unneeded mods.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited April 2021
    Yes.
    I have used mods (or cheats that do the same things) from the very beginning of playing with sims. I started playing sims 3 hoping for a totally open-ended sandbox/dollhouse experience with no game driven challenges or constraints, and immediately was disappointed by things like sims having needs, the day being really short, not having much money at the start, and so forth.

I quit playing in total disgust, and didn't try again until I found out about the "testingcheats enabled" cheat (which gave me drag-able needs bars in sims 3), "motherlode", and the "relativity" mod that slowed the day down.

When I started playing sims 4, I didn't even try to play without mods or cheats because I knew I wouldn't like it. I installed Weerbesu's UI cheats extension right from the start so I could have drag-able needs bars again. It's the one mod I absolutely won't play without.

Most of my other mods either block some autonomous behavior that I find annoying, allow me to adjust something the game settings don't allow me to adjust, or give me control over something that the game doesn't let me have control over.

I don't really have any mods that add gameplay. And I think I only have one mod that fixes a glitch.

Mostly, I use mods so that I can have things exactly the way I want them without bothering other players who want something different.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Other.
    I don't depend on them, but do have a very few - and they are all gameplay related. The biggie is MCCC, which I have found to be very useful once I took the plunge after several years.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,459 Member
    edited April 2021
    Other.
    1. I do not use mods to “fix” my game.
    2. I do use a handful of gameplay mods when I spend time in live mode solely based on the fact that they add gameplay features that are considered unsuitable for the game’s current rating. I wouldn’t say my game depends on these mods. My own level of fun depends on them though.
    3. I use heaps of CAS CC including slider mods.
    4. My mods folder is completely empty on building & testing days. No mods allowed. Nada mods. Be gone ye mods.
  • Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    Other.
    I mostly have CC, I only have a little mod for the eyes, a mod for the parenthood journal and recently I downloaded the language barriers mod, but I consider these last two (especially the language barriers mod) a plus: I never felt the big need of a mod to enjoy my game.
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    No.
    Never used mods for S4 and probably never will since I doubt there will be an Island Paradise type EP. That's only the only reason I would use mods, not really for gameplay.
  • MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    Other.
    I don't 'depend' on Mods but I do have quite a few of them. My issue is with the actual question that has been asked.

If you had asked 'do mods enhance your enjoyment of the game' my answer would have been an unequivocal yes!
  • br00kie1br00kie1 Posts: 119 Member
    No.
    No mods, I use a small amount of cc, and that's bad enough to remember at every patch. Have tried mods but my laptop hates me for it, plus a lot of things don't bother me i played sims 1 and that was far far more limited, the only thing i would like is children's gardening mod (or for EA to include it in an update!) but can live without it