Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod not working

netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this but I’ve downloaded a mod called travel to and it’s not showing up in my game. I have mods and cc enabled and the download did not need to be extracted as it was not compressed. I’ve tried downloading it twice and both times it’s not showing up. Can anyone offer any advice as to what is going wrong? I don’t often use mods and have only downloaded cc recently so I assume it’s the same process.

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Who made the mod and have you tried reaching out to them?
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Who made the mod and have you tried reaching out to them?

It’s by kiarasims4. I came across it via a gamechanger talking about it it’s a new mod. I will contact them and see if it’s an issue with the mod if it’s not then it’s my laptop. My cc works fine in the game so it’s not an issue with mods not being enabled or how I’m downloading it.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Make sure it is no more than one folder deep inside your mods folder. I like to make my own folders for my mods so I can label them in a way that makes sense to me. But if they are already in a folder when I download them and I stick that folder in my folder, I am one folder too deep.

That might not be your problem at all, but I thought I would mention it just in case. CC can be put more than on folder deep and still work. So that could be the difference.
    @Chazzzy and @telemwill for an update I have messaged the mod person and had no response. I also have very little custom content in my game an it is only file deep. I don't know what else to do.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    You may just have to wait and see if it gets updated. If other people have the same problem, maybe the creator will want to fix it. That happened with a mod that wasn't showing up in my game.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    You said you messaged them, did you try their discord or report the problem to their error log? https://kiarasims4mods.home.blog/
    I’ve heard back from the mod creator today who has informed me I need a xml injector installed. I have no idea what this is or where to get one from. Has anyone heard of this before?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    I’ve heard back from the mod creator today who has informed me I need a xml injector installed. I have no idea what this is or where to get one from. Has anyone heard of this before?

The XML Injector is available here: https://scumbumbomods.com/xml-injector

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited April 2021
    @luthienrising thank you so much. It seems a lot of effort now for what seems a small mod and I am so tempted now to keep playing as I am. I will try it and let you all know if it works. Thank you to all that has posted I really appreciate it.
    Just to update you all the mod is now working with the xml injector. Thank you to you all for helping me with this