Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Since they have already started improving the traits...

thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
...that could mean there would be no more new ones coming. The reason why they didn't care about fixing and improving them at first might be because they wanted to have them all released before the extensive overhaul.
Post edited by thatpinkcoconut on

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I doubt that. Some traits are very pack specific so it doesn't make sense to release them ahead of time.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I think the reason is because they left their initial strategy (whatever it was) and decided to finally start listening to the fanbase. Since 2019 things have been slowly changing for better.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I hope their plan is to improve every single base game trait and every single pack trait. Also, future traits ABSOLUTELY HAVE to make impact or it it wouldn't make sense. Seems they are finally listening in the trait department which is one of the main weaknesses of the game. Anticipating their future improvements!
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Trait improvements? Honestly, if it wasn't for viewing Carl's video I wouldn't have noticed a thing.
  • StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    I kind of agree with Calaprfy, I wouldn't have known what the improvements were unless I looked online at the fan sites.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited April 2021
    There could probably be more, they have said that they are going to keep going this game for many more years...

They could probably add the same functionality to new traits.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited April 2021
    From all of the mixed opinions on traits I think people sometimes confuse bad traits for bad AI. Sims 3 traits wasn't anything super spectacular. Sims had a trait and they acted like their traits. The difference is they didn't have the emotion system and the AI of past sims was better. So it made them feel smart and lively in that way.

If those two things don't change in ts4 there is literally no way to make a trait seem "improved" it will just seem extreme. (Which is not a bad thing IMO) that's just my personal conclusion.

But i definitely think more traits are coming.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    But did they really make “drastic” improvements to the traits though?
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    If it wasn't for Carl's video, I would never have found some of these trait changes at all and I played every one of the improved traits since the patch to try and find them myself. Some are very noticeable while others seem barely noticeable.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I took a long break from playing, but one of the first things I noticed once I began to play for more than an hour per session, was the improvement in some of the traits. Even the small improvements that the teams made do make some traits more meaningful. Which is great. This has been needed for quite some time. I think I wouldn't have noticed some of those changes if my gaming style weren't a bit different than it was before my break though. My past saves were mainly family and rotational play based, where now I am playing single Sims and concentrating more on aspirations. So how those changes affect a player's perception of the trait improvements, or if they notice the changes at all, probably depends on each player's gameplay preferences. And some of the trait modifications are more subtle than others, and would be difficult to notice if one were playing a family with pets and toddlers, and both parents were employed outside the home. I hope to see more of this in the future because it does make the game feel fresher. And if EA is going to continue releasing new DLC and updates for Sims4, it needs to find a way to renew my interest in spending money for that new DLC. The best way to renew my interest in the game is for EA to go back to the beginning and improve the traits so our Sims have more personality.
  • Lilacsky22Lilacsky22 Posts: 43 Member
    bottom line is ....if you're gonna do it, do it right......I feel like it very heavy on some traits while others are still lacking. However, finally my hot headed ones are kicking trash cans, perhaps too often, meanwhile my evil sim just is not evil enough...a balance is needed for sure. I give them credit though for trying. I think they did this update under wraps for many reasons...too many complaints, too many new players to lose.