Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your job?

texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
edited March 2021 in Off Topic Chat
Yeah, i'm curious...

So, i work in...
Post edited by texxx78 on

What's your job? 46 votes

Industry
6%
MiataPlayalanmichael1sicksadgurl 3 votes
Services
15%
pinneduphairKendranaGeralt_ofRiviaUmbreon12PriestessDreadfulAntwerpoelinnnstar 7 votes
Resources (farming, mining...)
0%
Tech
6%
icmnfrshlogionCaerfinon 3 votes
Exact sciences (math, biology...)
10%
texxx78Sigzy05mingusssssEleriHermioneSims 5 votes
Social sciences (history, philosophy...)
0%
Tourism
4%
Finvolapetram94 2 votes
Other
56%
lisamwittsimgirl1010KennziKaigeemorrillhellohannah2Mizzila1297CAPTAIN_NXR7AngelEb9583bienchenDeKayLola SwannZiafarcalaprfyGrumpyGlowfishSassycottonSERVERFRAJasonschick80WildIrishBansheeNushnushganayMyriadSims 26 votes

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I start. I'm a mathematician :)
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    Other
    I'm a graphic designer in an E-learning company.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    Other
    Mom mostly, since I had my oldest son 20 years ago.
    But I've done various things to earn money when I wanted extra to blow on frivolous stuff. Most recently transcription.

The past two months though I've just been focusing on my house (which has been in a state of remodel since we moved in and needs finished) and my health. I've been sick for the past year and it was recently brought to my attention that I may end up on disability. Not a thought I relish.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    But I've done various things to earn money when I wanted extra to blow on frivolous stuff. Most recently transcription.

The past two months though I've just been focusing on my house (which has been in a state of remodel since we moved in and needs finished) and my health. I've been sick for the past year and it was recently brought to my attention that I may end up on disability. Not a thought I relish.

Oh @lisamwitt i wish you the best! Be strong, my fellow simmer!
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited March 2021
    Other
    I'm a writer, first and foremost. I also have a part-time office job for a steady income, but I'm not good at it, don't like it, and don't identify with it at all, so that doesn't count. My first book will be published later this year (not in English, unfortunately), and while I'm not under any illusion that it will make me so rich and famous that I can quit my office job and turn my hobby into my new career, it won't be my only book, so I still hope I'll get there someday. (Well, the rich part. I don't necessarily want to be famous, no matter what the theme song of the Get Famous EP says.)
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,456 Member
    Other
    I work in the creative industry and share some of that practical knowledge at a University.

You mentioned that you're studying human behavior. How? Are you studying the community's behavior on these forums in relation to their job?
    Just curious. ;)
    I work in the creative industry and share some of that practical knowledge at a University.

You mentioned that you're studying human behavior. How? Are you studying the community's behavior on these forums in relation to their job?
    Just curious. ;)

Haha not studying... i only come here for fun :)
  • olivetree000olivetree000 Posts: 18 Member
    I set up advertising on social networks such as Instagram and Facebook through the target. Work mainly with numbers, settings, algorithms, etc. Sometimes you have to be very nervous, especially if Facebook does not allow your advertising. 2 weeks before the election in the USA, it has been rejected 8 ads, 3 accounts have been blocked. Some ads were allowed, but then still rejected. Facebook has increased control. Judging by their logic, any non-standard action on the account = suspicion of involvement in the election = blockage of the account So it remains only to wait until everything returns to normal.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Other
    DeKay wrote: »

so that doesn't go under "tech" ?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I set up advertising on social networks such as Instagram and Facebook through the target. Work mainly with numbers, settings, algorithms, etc. Sometimes you have to be very nervous, especially if Facebook does not allow your advertising. 2 weeks before the election in the USA, it has been rejected 8 ads, 3 accounts have been blocked. Some ads were allowed, but then still rejected. Facebook has increased control. Judging by their logic, any non-standard action on the account = suspicion of involvement in the election = blockage of the account So it remains only to wait until everything returns to normal.

Always have been so curious about your work! Those algorythms...
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited March 2021
    Tech
    I am an IT-Coordinator. There is no shortage of work for us with the fast way technology is changing.
    Other
    texxx78 wrote: »
    lisamwitt wrote: »

Oh @lisamwitt i wish you the best! Be strong, my fellow simmer!

Thank you!
    I'm a writer, first and foremost. I also have a part-time office job for a steady income, but I'm not good at it, don't like it, and don't identify with it at all, so that doesn't count. My first book will be published later this year (not in English, unfortunately), and while I'm not under any illusion that it will make me so rich and famous that I can quit my office job and turn my hobby into my new career, it won't be my only book, so I still hope I'll get there someday. (Well, the rich part. I don't necessarily want to be famous, no matter what the theme song of the Get Famous EP says.)

Good luck! One of my favorite authors is self published and not what most people would call famous, but she's a great writer and has a good fanbase.

• MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Other
    My job is Being Totally Awesome.

My current Job Title is 7th Grader
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Tourism
    Before the pandemic it was tourism. I live in a place that relies heavily on tourism and the economy relies heavily on it. I'm not doing anything at the moment because there's no tourists here. Perhaps things will pick up during the summer.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Other
    Writer/Author/Creative - I wear many hats. :D
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Services
    I work in childcare, which I guess is a service? Idk, but services seemed like the best option lol.
  • Charla97Charla97 Posts: 66 Member
    I'm a morticians assistant.
    Other
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    I work in childcare, which I guess is a service? Idk, but services seemed like the best option lol.

Definitely. I worked with 2&3 year olds for five years and loved it. I still think about those kids.
  • TrillianAstra042TrillianAstra042 Posts: 25 Member
    Other
    I'm a graphic designer and illustrator in the music industry. Shout out to all my fellow pixel pushers - I hope you haven't had to make anything "pop" yet this week. <3
    Finvola wrote: »
    Before the pandemic it was tourism. I live in a place that relies heavily on tourism and the economy relies heavily on it. I'm not doing anything at the moment because there's no tourists here. Perhaps things will pick up during the summer.

It's been terrible years for tourism :( my place also relies a lot on tourism...
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    Other
    DeKay wrote: »

so that doesn't go under "tech" ?

I mean, I guess so but I don't really deal with much of the tech side of it. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member
    Industry
    I'm a marketing manager in the medical products industry.
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there!
    I just removed several comments because they were breaking the forum rules:
    • Don't be inappropriate. That means no obscenity or other explicit posts i.e. sexting. This includes role play threads.
    • Don't be a troll, bait or flame. This includes deliberately trying to cause an argument by making sarcastic, off-topic, rude or disruptive posts, and discussions.
    Please remember that the forum rules also apply to our Off-Topic section!

- Leeloo
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Other
    Can I say all of the above? As a Stay at home mom I feel like I do a few of these if not everyday at least some point during the week, lol. And with spring coming we will be getting our veggie garden ready so I'll be doing more 👍🙂
  • PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 284 Member
    edited April 2021
    Services
    Health administration.

Currently out of work though. Because I work in a hospital and am immunosuppressed, I self-quarantined in the early7 part of the pandemic. When I wanted to go back, they told me they had redistributed the medical transcription work (my job) among the rest of the admin staff. So there is no work for me. Technically still on the books, but effectively unemployed.
    Post edited by PriestessDreadful on