Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Well how is the texture update on consoles?

Does worlds look better?

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I take this as a yes that skin tones are fixed since no one has mentioned it here or on twitter.
  • animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    Textures are fine but I can't thumb up and down between floors or change how much of the walls are cut away.
  • animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    edited March 2021
    Also can't size objects up and down anymore.
    Edit: Can't change camera angle in build mode.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    animevamp wrote: »
    Textures are fine but I can't thumb up and down between floors or change how much of the walls are cut away.

I think I saw this mentioned on the EA Bug HQ Site.
  • StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    I still think objects and the world could be better. They still look really blurry/grainy compared to pc textures. I don't see why at the every least this can't be fixed on the new gen of consoles.
  • CausingNickel0CausingNickel0 Posts: 20 Member
    Honestly I didn’t notice any difference :'(
    Textures are still worse than on PC. Anyway I think that more essential than textures is to make the game work smoother. PC game has more FPS and the games works smoother than on console. I hope EA will at least optimise the game for the next-gens.
    [quote="CausingNickel0;c-17847641"]Honestly I didn’t notice any difference :'(
    Textures are still worse than on PC. Anyway I think that more essential than textures is to make the game work smoother. PC game has more FPS and the games works smoother than on console. I hope EA will at least optimise the game for the next-gens.[/quote]

I thought at the very least that the textures on objects and the world would be improved to be on par with pc on the ps5 and Xbox series x. I'm surprised they haven't been and i still hope that they are. I remember reading, back when it was mentioned that the game would come to these newer consoles, that there would be graphical improvements but I don't see any at all. The performance is amazing and the Sims themselves look great after the last patch but the rest of the textures really need work. Especially on the newer consoles. I don't get why it doesn't look like pc ,graphically, on the newer consoles.
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    They are O.K. My game is slow now, bad FPS... I.D.K. if it is related, but it has been since this update.
    [quote="BettyNewbie1;c-17848459"]They are O.K. My game is slow now, bad FPS... I.D.K. if it is related, but it has been since this update.[/quote]

I noticed that too. The lag seems to be getting worse in the older consoles (PS4/Xbox). I was hoping it would fix it but it has made it worse.
  • CausingNickel0CausingNickel0 Posts: 20 Member
    [quote="StephenJHolloway;c-17847989"][quote="CausingNickel0;c-17847641"]Honestly I didn’t notice any difference :'(
    Textures are still worse than on PC. Anyway I think that more essential than textures is to make the game work smoother. PC game has more FPS and the games works smoother than on console. I hope EA will at least optimise the game for the next-gens.[/quote]

I thought at the very least that the textures on objects and the world would be improved to be on par with pc on the ps5 and Xbox series x. I'm surprised they haven't been and i still hope that they are. I remember reading, back when it was mentioned that the game would come to these newer consoles, that there would be graphical improvements but I don't see any at all. The performance is amazing and the Sims themselves look great after the last patch but the rest of the textures really need work. Especially on the newer consoles. I don't get why it doesn't look like pc ,graphically, on the newer consoles.[/quote]

@StephenJHolloway
    EA promised that the game will be improved for PS5/Xbox... but honestly I doubt. Even games like Tetris were optimised for new consoles and they can’t do it with Sims 4. Shame on you, EA...
    edited April 2021
    [quote="CausingNickel0;c-17848576"][quote="StephenJHolloway;c-17847989"][quote="CausingNickel0;c-17847641"]Honestly I didn’t notice any difference :'(

I thought at the very least that the textures on objects and the world would be improved to be on par with pc on the ps5 and Xbox series x. I'm surprised they haven't been and i still hope that they are. I remember reading, back when it was mentioned that the game would come to these newer consoles, that there would be graphical improvements but I don't see any at all. The performance is amazing and the Sims themselves look great after the last patch but the rest of the textures really need work. Especially on the newer consoles. I don't get why it doesn't look like pc ,graphically, on the newer consoles.[/quote]

@StephenJHolloway
    EA promised that the game will be improved for PS5/Xbox... but honestly I doubt. Even games like Tetris were optimised for new consoles and they can’t do it with Sims 4. Shame on you, EA...[/quote]

Agreed. People are saying it's because it's a port of a port so they can't. I really really hope they improve the textures
    Post edited by StephenJHolloway on
  • SayNoToGnomesSayNoToGnomes Posts: 44 Member
    I'm on PS4 with all packs (except JTB...) and I have to agree with comments on the lag after the update. Not quite unplayable just yet but, it's definitely moving in that direction. In regards to the textures, I've noticed slight improvements but nothing that massively stood out.